“Fab family holiday”

Papillon Belvil Hotel
Ranked #19 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 8 July 2012

We arrived mon 18th June for 2 weeks and loved our stay. We were a family of 5, we had to rooms, aged 54, 42, 27, 5 and 22 months. (granny, daddy, mummy and two girls)

Very helpful on arrival. Took our luggage to our rooms, made us feel very welcome. The facilities, grounds, rooms, the whole package was a bargin for what we had paid. Only wish was we had paid a little extra for a room in the hotel as they are alittle more spacious and have a few more home comforts, but that is a tiny minor issue!!!!

Kids club and entertainment kept my munchkins from turning their mummy and daddies hair grey, we had a stress free two weeks. They looked forward to the kid disco every night. My 5 year old didnt blink or move a muscle turning the lion king show!!!!

Food was always fresh, and there was always something for the kids, which they have a dedicated kids section. We loved the fresh pizza and doughnuts!!

Overall, for the amount we paid, we were over the moon with our holiday, the resort isnt flash and modern, and maybe not a 5* resort, but for the effort the staff put in, we had a 5* holiday. Would recomend, and would return.

Room Tip: Go for the hotel if you can afford it, they have coffee facilities and bigger bathrooms. They are al...
5  Thank dianedene
There are newer reviews for Papillon Belvil Hotel

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I stayed in many hotels, but this one is so far to over rated , maximum 3 stars, a 2+ , paying for 5 and get 3 is not normal , was very disappointed, very rude reception guys wend you ask for explication about what you pay and what you got . Good food but always the same . Most of the programs are just for kids . 95 % turist 's are russian so most of the personal are speaking russian and turkies . Big waste of time and money going to this hotel .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Florea V
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We stayed at the Belvil 5th - 19th June 2012 and had a brilliant holiday. 7 of us stayed, 4 adults and 3 kids aged 12, 7 and 4. My little girl cried on our last day because she didn't want to go home! Everything was superb from check in to check out, no complaints. The bungalow club rooms are spacious and modern, having recently been renovated. There was plenty of room for 3 of us and my friend's family of 4 managed fine with an extra bed in the room. The bathrooms haven't been renovated but to be honest, it was functional, clean and the shower was very good, that's all you need! The rooms were cleaned daily and mini bar replenished, although this was a bit hit and miss but if you reported it they would quickly pop along and refill it. Nothing is too much trouble. I saw a previous comment that the beds are uncomfortable, I found them ok and slept well. We stayed in block 19, close enough.. but far enough away to avoid any noise.

The pools are lovely, we spent our time around the slides pool and never had a problem getting sunbeds/umbrellas each day. I liked the fact that the beds have the seat pads, very comfy!!! The food was plentiful and very tasty, lots of variety and different each night. My daugher is fussy but liked the kids buffet with sausages, pasta, chips etc. My only criticism is that the ice cream served at 2pm ran out by 2.30pm and isn't replenished. That resulted in an unhappy child on a few occasions!

There is food available practically 24/7, breakfast was huge! Lunch is available from the pool or beach bar buffet plus there's pizza corner, the main restaurant and the Mexican cafe (fab cakes in there but go in the morning to get the best ones!). The crepe lady is there most of the day too and then at 5pm there's doughnuts!

The entertainment programme was ok, some good shows like The Lion King, Mamma Mia and Acrobatics. Lots of dance shows, I guess it's universal so I can understand the lack of variety. We enjoyed most of the shows and following each show there would be a beach/pool/garden party. All fantastic! Fireworks one night, a kids bouncy castle party another..they think of absolutely everything at the Belvil!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, the grounds and gardens are stunning and the staff all friendly. Oh and the kids club was great too!

Drinks are plentiful and some international brands like Absolut Vodka. We had lots of different cocktails and service was always great, we never had to wait. There is waitress service at the ampitheater. Seats were also plentiful in the theatre, really well laid out.

The weather was hot, very hot! It got to 46 degrees one morning which was unbelievable! We didn't see a cloud in the sky for 2 weeks apart from our first day when there were a few clouds around. If anything it was a bit too hot for me but if you like it above 35 degrees then you can't go far wrong in Turkey at the Belvil. Overall this a good 4 star hotel in my opinion, it doesn't get 5 stars but I think what it lacked in perfection (and only in terms of not being ultra modern and some of the facilities are a bit older) it made up with on atmosphere, service, cleanliness and attention to detail. I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Block 19/20 are great as quiet but not too far from the facilities. Go for a top floor as only 2/3 f...
9  Thank Frogwalters
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I am a UK travel agent running my own business and after nearly 30 years in the industry have never stayed in the same place twice. The Papillon Belvil changed that, not because it is the plushest place I've stayed but because 'it works'. It is clean; the people are friendly; there is a fantastic array of food; the kids club is good - my girls were so upset to leave all the friends they had made. For a parent you can't ask for more. I'm considering a 3rd visit....

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
12  Thank RDonna
Reviewed 14 June 2012

Everything was quite ok, garden was beautiful, food was tasty but still the same. If it´s depends on me I´ll would give maximum 3 stars to Bungalow rooms...

Room Tip: Be careful with bungalow rooms about numbers 101 - 108. It´s near reception and You´ll hear all inco...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathrin k
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Cannot fault this hotel - food and drink was fantastic and having visited Egypt last year when it was not we really appreciated the quality and choice. The staff are friendly and efficient. The animation team work non stop and are not pushy - our 5 teenagers became friends with all of them and had a great time.
The maids are thorough, the entertainment is superb and the pools and flumes are clean.
I would come here more often if I could and this was our 3rd visit. Nothing was too much trouble and the manager is always about watching and making sure that the staff keep everything ticking over all the time. You never see a dirty plate or glass lying about. Fresh pool towels whenever you want them.
I give this holiday 5 stars.

Room Tip: Chose the bungalows in blocks 25,26, 27 or 28 - all been upgraded and central to the pool etc
6  Thank NewmarketGinster
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I just cannot fault the hotel. We arrived (party of 6 ages 58 to 22) June 2nd 2012.Booking in was a pleasure. Awaiting was a buggy to take us and our luggage to our rooms. The Porter carried our baggs up the 2 flights of stairs.The hotel grounds are made up of a number of blocks spread around the complex,in one of the best landscaped grounds I have seen. We were in block 13 and it was a 10 minute stroll to the main building and swimming pool. There are enough beds around the pool and ample on the beach. The food is amazing and a great variety. There is a pool bar and beach bar, both serving lunch. Breakfast is a casual 7.30-10am, late breakfast 10-11am, lunch 12-3pm, evening meal 7.30-9.30pm, late eating 11-12pm. The etertainment was great and very professional. One day we had a Belly Dancer in the afternoon with grilled food. After the evening etertainment we then had beach parties and yes more food. The public areas were spotless, as soon as something was droped on the floor someone was there to clean up. The room was extremly clean and well presented. Every one likes different firmness of beds and I'm quite fussy, but it was comfortable. We kept the air con on with the balcony doors opened while a sleep with the sliding net door drawn to stop any mossie. There was not that many for time of year, I did not get bite once. The temperature got up to 32c with a nice beeze off the beach. The staff were very polite and very professional. I would recommend this hotel as you can see. I'm glad we only stayed 7 days or else I would have put on another 7 lbs.

6  Thank rujukaye