“outstanding for kids”

Ranked #24 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Southport, United Kingdom
“outstanding for kids”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

this was our 2nd visit to a pappilon hotel the first was the zeugma on this visit we were booked into the belvil by accident as we had asked for the zeugma anyway i digress the entertainment for the kids was the best we have been to by far it has a complete area for the kids which is superb as mentioned the area is voted in soft play material and next to it is the aqua park the animation team made the holiday for us they do so much for the children and as a result the holiday then becomes more enjoyable for the parents when we arrived the check in is quick and efficient
the bungalow rooms are a little on the compact side so if you have family you may struggle the rooms in the hotel much bigger and are more central so worth the extra the food is plentiful and a large choice available when we arrived the children had their own area as we were leaving this was being combined to the main restaurant the food outside was cooked fresh while you waited the choice inside could sometimes be a little on the warm side as apposed to piping hot a good choice of main and dessert available although seating was a problem midweek if you had a large party who wanted to sit together if you want to book alacarte you have to do it in the morning for the evening downstairs from 9am by the meeting rooms but be warned its best to get there about 8.40 as the queue by 9 am was 30 people long we chose the chinese it was great the rooms had a mini bar stocked daily and were kept spotless the only thing i would say about the rooms is they don't come with plugs in the bath as the turkish don't really use the bath so a vist to a hardware store for a plug would be advisable the food by the poolside is fantastic not sure when it closes they have an indoor pool which is heated its a good size and they have a very large jacuzzi the entertainment in the evening consists of kiddies disco at 8pm followed by adult show both very good quality loads of activites available such as shooting archery table tennis etc animation team not pushy but very enthusiastic and they care which helps
our special thanks to memo did a medal and certificate for our little one as she swam for the first time without armbands then presented on stage she was ecstatic a fab touch lastly the drink flowed freely bars were well staffed large choice tables cleared very quickly in short
it was great any questions that i haven't covered feel free to ask

Room Tip: rooms inside the hotel larger and better placed for amenities
3 Thank Mary D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

best holiday ever! went with my husband and two kids( 4 &7). firsty i want to say a big thanks to the papy kids club staff, they really made our holiday, kids loved them and so sad to leave. they go the extra mile to ensure kids and adults have the best holiday ever! yaninia molly and nieve are missing u already and we have only been home 2 hours!!! (yanina, memo, emel, umit, tarik) we will miss you all and look forward to seeing you all next year and winning best couple comp again ! papy land is fab for kids and the water slides in adult pool are so much fun. me and my children are picky with food but not even we could find fault with food there is something for everyone from pizza to pasta to kababs, chips, waffles, jacket spuds and lets not forget the cakes. i must say a big thank you to pizza man he works so hard in his little hut and pizzas are fab. trust me if you are looking for an amazing family holiday this is the place to go !!! BOOK NOW !! hopefully see u all again in 2014!! (andy, helen, molly and nieve - room 410).

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank adlen123
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We have just returned from this hotel with our two boys which are nearly 3 and 9 months and we had a brilliant time. This is our 2nd visit to the Belvil and it did not disappoint. We are currently looking for our 3rd package for May 2014.

The hotel rooms were a bit tired looking on this occasion however we are aware that the season was coming to an end so we overlooked this minor issue, also the rooms were kept pristine by the cleaning staff who cleaned on a daily basis and did a sterling job. The mini bar was kept replenished daily as well. The rooms in the hotel are much larger than the bungalows but i suppose its cost dependant as staying in the hotel is more expensive. Our bungalow was fine!!

The grounds of the hotel were stunning and the garden staff, which worked throughout the day, took great pride in their work.

Food was brilliant, the only issue I had, was the weight gain but that was probably due to me over indulging (which I did every meal time) there is ample to choose from and deserts are fantastic and plentiful.

The Animation Team were outstanding in all areas; they work tirelessly for the children and adults alike. They get people involved in the day to day activities, like archery, shooting and yoga without pressuring the guests. I would re-visit the hotel just for the animation team experience, they were that good! They kept an additional eye on my children they also did arts and crafts and dress up with the boys and were just generally fantastic. There is a show every night of the week in the theatre and they are usually fun for the kids as they get to go on stage before the performance and play, my son was on that stage every single night and loved it.

Papy Land is a play area with a park, football pitch, table tennis and several indoor areas to play including a soft play room for 3’s and under. The whole area is soft ground as well in case your little ones have a fall. Children can go for 3 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon if my memory serves me correctly and there is a babysitting service but we didn’t use it so I have no information on that, Papy Land in my opinion must be couple of million pounds of investment since we last stayed and it really does make the hotel better.

Notable animation staff which were exemplary in their day-to-day duties and the staff we had direct contact with are listed below. If I had to score them out of 10, they would all get 10!!

• Hakan – The Manager of the animation team
• Tarik – Archery and Darts
• Fatine - Archery and Darts and Yoga
• Yanina – Arts and crafts and looks after the children
• Emel - Arts and crafts and looks after the children
• Lena – Hobby Centre
• Memo – Comedian – Footballer – Supervisor

I have read on some reviews that the hotel is suited towards Germans and Russians, i don't believe this to be true as i met with brilliant families from England and Scotland. There are lots of Germans and Russians but in my 1st and 2nd visit they were just as nice as the English i met. I even swapped emails with a Russian lad from Moscow.

I just get on with life and don't worry if someone hasn't said sorry for nearly bumping into me.

This place is a must!!!!!!

Room Tip: If your staying up at night later than 10-ish stay closer to the swimming pools as that is where the...
2 Thank Stekennedy
Walton on Thames
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Having read such excellent reviews of the hotel we booked for a week having decided we would like a change from our usual hotel in the Lara Beach area.
The reviews from other travellers make me wonder whether I am being over critical or perhaps those things that are quite important to me in a hotel are tolerated by others.
First, the positive stuff. We stayed in a bungalow which was excellently furnished, modern and well maintained. In overall terms the hotel facilities are excellent with good pools and a good beach area with lots of loungers.The evening entertainment was good and the team who organised the day events were hard working, pleasant without being over pushy which sometimes can be the case.
Whilst we do not have young children the Kids Club seemed to be very good and all the children appeared to be really enjoying themselves. Also there is an excellent water park with lots of slides for adults as well as children.
Now for the bad bits. Most of my gripes concern the food and the way it is served and presented.Firstly much of the food is left uncovered and this is not the fault of those staying at the hotel. It appears to be the way they do things there. The presence of flies did not appear to cause any concerns. Secondly, the food was invariably cold as there did not appear to be any adequate systems of keeping the wide variety of choices hot during the serving sessions. Please note I am not criticising choice. Where there was an absence of choice was with the Desserts which appeared to be a consistent choice of cakes or fresh fruit. For a hotel of this quality it was very poor. Never saw a fresh fruit salad or a banana during the while of our stay.
However. on a positive note for lunch times they had an excellent outside area serving pizzas, waffles and baked potatoes.
Back to the bad bits. The orange juice and yoghurt drink were openly watered down and given that in the case of the Orange Juice it was a Netto branded product it was not a pleasant drink.
Given that we were staying towards the end of the season staffing levels were perhaps lower than the norm so it took a long time to clear tables or get a drink with our meal. The male staff
who were working in the Restaurant were very young and had little grasp of English. Every time we ordered a glass of sparkling wine we got a glass of water and we never manged to get a drink with ice in it. One German gave up trying to explain to a barman what a Tia Maria was.
One of the pleasures for me on a holiday is to sit down mid morning with a coffee and a brandy and a paper. I was told that the only bar that stocked a brandy was the one in the hotel itself and non of the beach bars stocked this product. The final disappointment in this area was that the only paper stocked was The Sun which may have have been a season thing.
Final point for parents is that the free ice cream is only available for one hour a day but plenty
in the main restaurant.
Overall a mixed review and you have to decide what is important to you on a holiday and perhaps my views are coloured by comparisons with the other hotel we stayed at in Lara Beach.
I think I have tried to be fair

PS: During the holiday we had a really violent storm which uprooted trees and caused considerable damage. Full credit to the Maintenance staff

Room Tip: Did not get room asked for so no advice
Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed for 11 nights in October, our first time in Turkey. Short transfer from Antalya airport - about 25 mins. When we checked in we were offered changing to their sister hotel - the Papillon Zeugma but we had no reason to and as the Zeugma is 8kms away we decided to stay at the Belvil. We had asked for a high floor room but were allocated a ground floor bungalow - this was fine, a few minutes walk to the pool area/main building which was fine and it was very quiet where we were. The room itself had a double and single bed, fridge (filled with water, coke, orange and beer), a flat screen TV, hair dryer (faster than the usual hotel ones) and free safe.

The guests were a mixture of mostly Germans, a few Russians and English, everyone was fine & friendly.

Food was plentiful with many areas to eat and drink. Dinner was a crazy rush and although it was from 6 - 9pm everything was cleared away by 8.55pm! Even dessert most nights, so if you prefer to eat around 8.30 as we do, you have to be quick! The food was very good quality but not always labelled so if you're a vegetarian be careful! Apart from at dinner, ice cream was only available for an hour in the afternoon between 2 & 3pm so again you had to be quick! There are also freshly made (in front of you) doughnuts which always attracted a queue around 4pm.

The entertainment was very good...the animation team during the day were great and didn't hassle you to join in as we have experienced in other hotels and there was no hard sell people coming round the pool trying to sell you spa treatments etc. Evening entertainment was also great with professional acts like Chinese Acrobats who were amazing! If you prefer there is a lounge/bar by reception where a lady played the piano most nights.

There were more children there during our second week and although we have no children ourselves, the entertainment for them was again first class! The children were the bravest when it came to the pool which was freezing!

For the young and not so young there is a great water slides area, it was a lot safer than others we have used at hotels and had a lifeguard.

We would definitely return to this hotel and despite the rush at dinner I would recommend it to everyone!

Room Tip: Bungalow rooms are generally quieter and situated in the grounds away from the main building
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CTFC74
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family for a week in April. This is an amazing hotel for families, couples and groups of friends. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff are really, welcoming, friendly and helpful.

Our room was spacious, modern, clean, and comfy. The room was cleaned every day, This included fresh towels every day (including beach towels), complimentary soft drinks within mini bar refilled (free of charge) and complimentary toiletries. The bed linen was changed 3 times in our weeks stay.

The pool and surrounding gardens were immaculate. The water slides and flumes were awesome. No need to go to a water park!! The kids pools and water slides were also very good. However, the kids pool was a bit on the cold side but I guess when you are a kid you don't mind this as much. The pool area led onto the beach and the hotel provide sunloungers on the sand too. There is also an all inclusive bar there as well.

The kids entertainment team were excellent. Our 5 year old was kept entertained and well looked after for up to 5 hours daily (free of charge no hidden extras). This allowed us to relax while she was having a great time. There is a secure area that all the kids are looked after and entertained with lots of facilities. She had a ball This includes a kids mini disco in the evening as well. The entertainment team also catered for adults. We played tennis, archery, volleyball, shooting, yoga and much more. There was a show every evening, which was light hearted fun.

The all inclusive drinks package was good with plenty of choice including cocktails. The food was much better than I expected. Plenty variety and of a high quality. I have lots of experience with all inclusive hotels and this was by far the best I have been to. The lunch buffet would be the only improvement I would make as it was quite repetitive. However, always hot and tasty. There is a pizza bar, baked potato bar and crepe bar so if you didn't fancy anything on the buffet you always had these bars to choose from. Everything at these bars was made in front of you and you could choose your toppings/fillings. Our 5 year old is quite fussy but she managed to find something she liked at the kids buffet each day.

We had a fantastic holiday and I really cannot find much if anything to fault this hotel on. I am not the type of person to return to the same place, however we will be returning next April.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Valerie B
Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed 13 October 2013

This is a wonderful resort. We were not once tempted to leave the grounds during our one week stay here in October. The freshness, quality, variety and quantity of food and drink was mind blowing. The staff were friendly and efficient. The water slides were great. It was not cheap to fly here with our five person family but it was well worth it.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same. The rooms closest to the stage might be a bit loud from 8-10 PM.
2 Thank Mooleynew