Papillon Belvil Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$238
US$177
US$147
IC Hotels Santai(Belek)(Great Value!)
US$152
TripAdvisor
US$457
Cancelon
1,464 results
All reviewskids clubnext yearfresh doughnutsturkeyanimation teammain restauranta la carte restaurantswater slidesice creamstreet dancebeach barevening entertainmentturkish pancakesall agesoctober half termhotel rooms arethemed nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2009

My wife and I visited the Papillon in the first week of October which usually promises great weather. The hotel has many villas and bungalows which are spread over a wide area with green gardens and beautiful flowers across the pathways. It all looks very, very clean. Large variety of food and 5 a la carte cuisines, all very good (perhaps for the fish restaurant). We met a very nice Turkish public relation girl (Serife) who lives in Holland and with whom we could talk in Dutch (we were born in Holland, but live in Jerusalem). The swimming pool is enormous, the largest we have ever seen in Turkey (this was our ninth visit to the country) and fifty meters from a superb beach. After three meters in the sea you are already "in the deep" which is great for people who like to swim. The evening entertainment was overall nice. Just one small negative remark: although the staff at the desk was quite helpful during our stay we were disappointed at the end of our visit when we (both in our early sixties) took our heavy suitcases and bags from the locker room to the exit in full view of three people at the desk who never thought of lending us a hand. Pity that after seven beautiful days such an unnecessary event would leave you with a bad taste. Still we are willing to overlook it in view of the beautiful vacation we had, and indeed plan to go back to the hotel next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Me and my partner travelled to Turkey after reading mixed reviews of this hotel. Do not be put off, it was fantastic.
Not only was our room immaculate, it was also seconds from the beach and main pool, both were in tip-top condition throughout our stay. The staff were all very helpful and nothing was ever too much trouble for them. I've never seen so many hard working staff before!
We didn't see our rep until the last 3 days of our holiday as we competely forgot about meetings we were that relaxed.
The evening entertainment was brilliant and a joy to watch, which for me is rare. The activities throughout the day I personally never took part in but looked fun all the same.
The meals were great, even in the main restaurant, a different theme most nights, and the ala carte was beautiful, if not a little intimidating for me as I don't like being waited on all the time, i feel rude!
Overall a fantastic holiday set in briliant surroundings. Just watch out for the photographers everywhere! Just tell them 'We've been done already thaks'
PS don't bother going to Belek town, its a waste of time!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruud_van1
Reviewed 23 August 2009

My first draft of the review for our holiday was so long I have spent ages trying to shorten it to include salient points and as we tried not to let certain peoples behaviour spoil our holiday (it happens wherever you go), I didn't particularly want to make a point of it in the review. However, as Russianlady has bought it up, I can only think that she wasn't witness to an English lady being physically assaulted by two Russian women because she objected to them tipping her belongings from her sunbed as she played with her child in the pool, or the Russian man beating his chest and telling a Brit woman "You woman, you shut up now" when she objected to him dropping a sun lounger on her childs leg, when he tried to force another bed into an already cramped space. This coupled with German families introducing themselves and adding that they were not "Russian" speaks volumes. However, I also came across nice Russian people as well as good and bad from other nationalities, so I cannot see it is a culture problem, more that some people obviously feel they are more important than others and feel it is their right to push and shove their way to the front of queues and be rude and obnoxious to everybody else in their wake! Money doesn't buy you class and manners cost nothing. To me thats not snobbery!
You can eat 24 hours a day here, get roaring drunk , though we hardly saw anybody in that state(not even the Brits!) The staff work incredibly hard to make sure everyone is having a great time without being pushy, and earn every penny. The place is spotless with cleaners always evident. We did feel that there wasn't enough for Teenagers. A club is advertised but its very hit and miss and seemed to operate in secret as there was never anybody in the advertised place at the advertised time, leaving teens to wander round looking for mischief! We had an early hours check out and paid extra to keep a room on until midnight. Unfortunately we were moved to the back of the complex and it wasn't very nice. If I had known I would have used the indoor pool changing rooms.
Special mentions to Memo, Laura, Denis (USA) and Maurat for helping to make our holiday. We'd go back again and if anybody has any questions I'd be happy to answer them.

4  Thank MelLincs
Reviewed 19 August 2009

...registered a few minutes ago just to say something...
I'm not going to describe all the loveliness of this amazing hotel... All is wonderful there, and the whole staff really does the best to make your holiday unforgettable... Just on my arrival back home from Papillon Belvil last year (that was our first trip to Turkey) i thought: now I understand why people do love to come there... Excellent place, excellent food, excellent service, excellent entertainment - and terrific unique atmosphere of psychological comfort inside!.. so many guests from so many parts of Europe! possibility for children to get to know each other, to play together, to speak other languages!.. for me, this maybe even more valuable than anything else!.. But having read some comments on this page i got an impression that some Brits would not support this emotional impulse of mine))) they would prefer this hotel to be maximum British, without "rude", "arrogant", "impolite", "loud" Russians and Germans and so on... Yes, quite a lot of my dearest countrymen come to Turkey, as well as people from Ukraine, by the way, that is not Russia - but there, in Papillon Belvil, personally I did not notice any Russian monster behaving extraordinarily rude or something like that... And it's not a secret that so many British people are also far from being well-mannered... the only annoying thing I met there was definite British snobbery relative to other nations... Well, personally I can easily live with this, just close my eyes on it))) maybe it's your typical feature))) anyway, this would never break my child's dream to visit GB, the great country, very special country... That would be great if we all could respect each other...))) I love you, Britishers!)))))
Anyway, everybody, find the opportunity to come to Papillon Belvil!

6  Thank RussianLadyN
Reviewed 10 August 2009

Just returned from 2 weeks and have to say this is an excellent resort hotel.

I've stayed at over a dozen all inclusive resorts in the last 20 years, (the majority in the caribbean) and the food here was better than the premium resorts we have stayed at.

The food, whilst buffet style is wide ranging and of very high quality. The Mexican restaurant was for me the best a la carte of the choices.

The place is very clean. I was sat by the beach showers one day early into our stay (by the childrens paddling pool) and saw the hotel Manager come and inspect them. He ran off in a huff and returned 2 minutes later with a team of cleaners who set about polishing the steel showers and wiping away all the sand that the people had showered off from the beach before going back into the resort. For the remainder of the stay, the sand in that shower was cleaned away every 30-40 mins.

My wife took a wrong turn one morning and ended up in one of the kitchens which she could best describe as a "science lab" due to it being spotless.

Dont worry about the water or the ice. We were re assured that the ice is made from bottled spring water, and all the food is prepared with bottled spring water too. Didn't speak to anyone who complained of any sickness other than that caused by a hangover!

There is plenty of bottled water available at the beach bars and the main restaurants. You will also get bottled water stocked in your mini bar each day.

The British are definately in the minority here with the majority being French and Eastern European (the hotel is part of a Fench chain). Don't let this put you off as I found them all to be good humoured and fun.

Our daughter loved the hotel, the pools and the Kids Club. I'd deffinately reccomend this as an excellent family location.

When you check in, make sure you get a spare room card (or take an old nectar/loyalty card with you). You need a room card to get the electrics in the room working, which means that your air con in the room will turn off if you dont have a spare one. You dont need to leave the a/c on permanemtly as they have timers to come on or off. It also means anything left charging (camera, DS, Phone etc) wont charge when you leave the room unless you have a spare card.

4  Thank Colmans