“Mükemmel. Tek sorun yiyecek bölümü çalışanlar. Perfect. The only problem is restaurant service”

Ranked #56 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Everything was perfect. Clean and comfortable. There was No music so if you would like to have laud music around this is not the right place. Food is good. The only bas thing is the service in the restaurants. Waiters are arrogant and not good at their jobs. İ think they are seasonal workers. Under the sea is sand but not so good for little kids. Pool is perfect. İ Went to other kempinski in bodrum. When compared staff is better in bodrum.

• Stayed: September 2011
KHTDMGMT, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2011

Dear Guest (Eliffff),

Thank you for your kind and cnadid feedback on this portal, from your stay in our hotel, last September.

As we appreciate and thank you, for sharing that your overall experience at the Hotel, was exceptional, barring the service experience.

I take your comment that our waiters appeared arrogant, extremely seriously, and can assure you I have addressed with our operations team and each and every staff in depth, prior to writing this response. I personally apologize for their behavior, which I must inform you, is really out of the norm.

Indeed, as we have fluctuating business volumes in summer and winter, we do use carefully screened, selected personell, who are first trained and then introduced to the operations.

I thank you for giving us the feedback, which will allow us to improve ourselves continuously. If you would like to share more information, I request you to please contact me directly, via our website, under the "contact us" section.

I hope you will not let this isolated experience, keep you away from returning to Kempinski Hotel The Dome. I look forward to welcoming you back.

with best regards

Puneet Singh
Kempinski Hotel The Dome.

Reviewed 3 September 2011

Hotel is luxury. But the service and food quality is below the kempinski quality.
it is a quite place to rest, excellent beach and sea.

Room Tip: choose the rooms with seaview
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank iletisim

Dear Guest (iletisim),

Thank you for submitting your candid feedback on this portal, from your last stay in September in our hotel.

I regret to read that your experience was less than exceptional, due to food and service quality, even though all other aspects of the hotel were to your liking.

Although we continuously strive to excel in our food quality, choice and service, we failed in your eyes, for which I sincerely apolgize.

If you could please contact me directly, to provide a little bit more specific aspects of the service experience during your stay, it would prove greatly effective to improve the same, for us. I can be contacted through our Hotel website under the "contact us" section.

Rest assured, it is not the norm, and with continued training and role play, we keep our service team on their toes.

I hope you will be able to put this experience behind you and allow us the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, in the not too distant future, to deliver you, the Kempinski experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Puneet Singh
Kempinski Hotel The Dome.

Reviewed 31 August 2011

I and my fiancee visited this hotel in August 2011 and we liked the service and the hotel amenities. It's clean and neat, the personnel is well-trained and kind, and the food is great. One thing we did not quite like was the lack of entertainment facilities and activities. I understand that it's a golf resort, but that's really not any reason to not play any pool-side music or add a couple of tennis courts, basketball fields, etc.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VolkanKC

Dear Guest (VolkanKC),

First of all, let me thank you for your kind feedback, submitted on this portal from your last August stay.

I thank you for appreciating our facilities and cleanliness, as a whole. Your observation on the service quality and trained staff is also greatly appreciated.

Indeed, we are not one of the 100's other resorts in Antalya, that offer music, animation and activities around the resort, non stop.

We focus and pride ourselves in offering a relaxing and quiet atmosphere around and within the hotel, however, with possibilities for "action" thirsty guests.

I regret that you did not discover our 3 Tennis courts on the east side of the hotel. In addition to that, we offer a range of water sports, Table Tennis for adults, possiblity to join the football game in our next door property each afternoon. In addition to this, we are able to arrange a range of acitivites around Antalya, however, only upon request. We offer several entertainment and activity opportunities, however, they are not in your face, but more subtle.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for a few days from Istanbul, and to ensure that you are able to experience the resort in all new light again. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

we stayed in the kempinski for a family gathering , reception staff was nice and helpful and we were offered an upgrade from two sea view rooms to one villa , which was nice but logical as we stayed 11 nights !
the villa is a confortable two bedrooms space with a small kitchen and a shared pool with two other villas ..overall big space with all ameneties lacking luxury, details that make a diference..we had a golf car to walk around the resort which was big and among the nicest i have ever been, beautifully designed and maintained, with nice gardens, huge pools quiet beach etc..the big disappointment was the food..no variety..same average food , same decoration in the restaurant ..the hotel advertises 5 restaurants I think ,in fact the same space is a cafeteria for lunch and would turn a turkish restaurant one night, an italian restaurant the other night and so on..what a waste!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank serial2urist

Dear Guest (serial2urist),

Thank you for submitting your feedback from your stay in June, on this portal.

I thank you for your compliments on our facilities as well as our Villas, which met and partially exceeded your expectations. I thank you for appreciating the complimentary upgrade to a Villa, which I believe enhanced your overall experience, though I can assure you, is not offered as a logical outcome if someone stays for 11 nights, there are other reasons, which I cannot highlight on this portal.

I have taken note of your comment on our food quality and choice, which I can assure you, we take extremely seriously. We always attempt to satisfy the needs, tastes and expectations of all our guests, however, as in your case, we do fail to satisfy everyone. I apologize for your less than exceptional culinary experience.

Indeed, we advertise to have 3 themed a la carte dinner restaurants, and open them alternatively, in addition to the Buffet restaurant. In summer, indeed, we "convert" our lunch a la carte restaurant to one of the themed restaurants. It was actually initiated as a result of our guests demand to be able to sit and have dinner near the sea/beach. Our designated a la carte restaurants on the Lobby level, were not visited, when we opened them for dinner in summer. I will keep your invaluable feedback in mind and monitor if other guests also give us a similar feedback, we shall make the change accordingly.

Thank you once again, for your feedback.

I and my team look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel, in the not to distant future, should your travels bring you to this part of the world again.

Reviewed 26 August 2011

First, this hotel is beautiful. It’s the most beautiful hotel in Belek. The pool and the sea is just magnificent. I love the seating area out in the sea. There are many reasons why I would not come back to this hotel.
There were many children in this hotel, which is fine, but they need to respect other guests. There were children running and crying during dinnertime at the restaurant buffet constantly. Other guests were really annoyed by this so I decided to tell the children to keep their voices down. They were laughing so loudly while they were running. Not appropriate for this hotel. The waiters should inform their parents that their children are loud. This incident did not happen once, it happened many times. I love children, I was in the pool with some children the other day and chatting with them. I am a teacher.
The waiters did not take our drink orders when seated to our table; it took awhile for them to ask us what beverage we wanted and even clear our tables. Majority of them did not refill our tea/coffee during breakfast time.
Its not a quiet place to relax or get away for a romantic vacation which is disappointing because the theme is focused on that. Its such a beautiful hotel, but its not aimed for un disciplined and un supervised children.

Room Tip: Sea View Room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank homesweetgirl

Dear Guest (homesweetgirl),

Thank you for leaving your kind feedback on this portal, from your stay in our hotel, last August.

I am personally saddened by the fact that you have decided not to return to our resort, for the mentioned reasons.

Clearly, what you experienced, were isolated incidents, which unfortunately do happen, when parents fail to realize the fact that their children are disturbing other guests and do not discipline or control them accordingly. August in general is a month, when we have more number of children than usual due to school holidays, hence such issues do come up, even though our team members are trained to skillfully advise the parents, however, as you experienced, not too successfully.

As you mentioned, our hotel is designed and targeted towards allowing our discerning clientele such as yourself, to experience a quiet and relaxing vacation. At the sametime we also welcome families with kids, as it offers facilities for their enjoyment too.

Hence I would suggest, if I may, to experience our hotel in months other than August, if it fits your schedule. And for any reason, if it does not (since you are a teacher, probably not), do inform us, and we shall ensure that you are in the quiet zone around the pool. We several comments received from guests about the same issue, we have decided to designate a part of the pool section, as well as the Beach, as a "quiet zone" where no children will be permitted.

I thank you for your candid comments on our Beverage service, which again is not the norm and for which I do sincerely apologize that you experienced it.
Rest assured, it has been addressed by our training team, as we always strive to improve ourselves.

It would be our pleasure, if you would give us the opportunity, to welcome you back to our hotel, in the not too distant future. And please, do contact me directly, if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We stayed here in August 2011 and had a fabulous time. Everything at this resort is extremely thoughtful and there are so many small touches that make staying here such a lovely experience: the beautiful mint lemonade on arrival, the free fruit available for users of the fitness centre, the relaxation room to unwind (!) after a hectic afternoon of spa treatments. The pool is certainly a highlight - it is expansive, the perfect temperature, beautifully designed and includes a great swim-up bar. The buffet breakfast is incredible, and includes a generous selection of breakfast staples along with a host of local delicacies that were just delicious. My only suggestions for improvement would be to improve the range of restaurants on-site. While we only stayed for three nights, those staying for longer may tire of the three options available. The rooms were extremely comfortable, and the staff were extremely professional, pleasant and considerate.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Sunita26

Dear Ms. Sunita26,

Thank you very much for posting your feedback from your stay in August on this portal.

It is very encouraging for us and the team, to know that your stay was nothing less than exceptional. I personally have made a note of your comment on extending the Restaurants on offer within the hotel. Although there are no plans in the pipeline to make any change in the next year or two, we will however, keep your feedback in mind.

I and my team thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback, and hope, that we will be able to welcome you back in Kempinski The Dome or another Kempinski which you may happen to choose, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Service in this "luxury" hotel was abonimable. The hotel had been informed about our scheduled late night arrival ; we were picked by their "luxury limousine" which turned out to be a well worn minibus. Despite clearly confirmed reservation, no seaview suite was available so we were put up "temporarily" in another room. We had not eaten, the restaurants were closed but we were told something would be waiting for us in the room. When we phoned half an hour later - our young son was understandably hungry and tired - , it turned out the kitchen had not been informed, but we were asked what we would like to eat. Something quick, maybe a club sandwich or two. These arrived after another hour's waiting - and were added to our bill, we found out later, whereas the meal we should have received that night was not deducted.
We asked reception the next morning when our seaview suite would be available - just to know whether or not to unpack - ; they couldn't tell us, we should ask them later.
We asked after lunch, then in the evening : they still didn't know. When we phoned the next morning, the man at reception shouted at us (!), telling us to stop bothering them about a stupid room.
We tried to get to speak to the manager, but that was not possible. The next day we were told no seaview suite would become available during our planned 8-day stay. We unpacked and decided to make the best of it and to write a letter of complaint upon our return. (*)
The pool and beach were very nice, the gym ok, some members of staff were nice, some were downright arrogant, meals very very average, the style, quality and presentation more suitable to a cheap "all in" place. Add to this the classless behavior of the omnipresent russians, intent on impressing their mistresses with their bad manners, and you get an atmosphere you never want to return to.
We did receive a birthday cake in our room -without asking ; the next day, after our room had been cleaned, almost half the cake had disappeared.
(*) Our letter of complaint was answered : we received apologies and the promise of an upgrade next time we'd stay with them ...

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank asmallbelgianfamily
KHTDMGMT, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2011

Dear Guests (asmallbelgianfamily),

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience from your stay in August 2010, on this portal.

The experience that you had, clearly is below our Hotel service standards, and your dissatisfaction is quite understandable. I sincerely apologize for your less than exceptional experience once again.

We have indeed taken several measures as well made changes in the team members, to ensure that experience such as yours, do not repeat themselves.

If there is anything else, that you would like to share, and/or if there is anything I can assist you with, it would be my pleasure to talk to you. I can be reached on +90 242 710 1300 extn. 5001.

As mentioned by you, your feedback was responded to last year, and you were invited back to our hotel. I hope you will give us this opportunity, and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Thank you for your kind feedback.