“spectacular”

Ranked #43 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Los Angeles, California
“spectacular”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We have been to scores of beach resorts over the years. This setting, hotel and beach are second to none. First, the hotel (while a bit over the top) is magnificent. The service is superb. The breakfast and dinner buffets are truly extraordinary. The beach is clean, quiet, and well
situated with lounges and umbrellas. the pool is not to be believed. the cleanest, largest, most swimmable pool ever. I have never written a review for tripadvisor before. My wife is already
wondering when we can return. We would choose it over the french riviera any time, ditto hawaii, caribbean, spanish coasts.....and the airport is easy and accessible. this is a place not to be missed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

This hotel was very nice. The pool is fabulous and the setting is lovely. However, the food is quite bad. It is catered to an international clientele, therefore the food was either bland or outright boring. They really need to fix this up. Contrary to the other reviewers, I do not believe that the staff are arrognat, they are just lacking in some English language training. Overall, we had a good time, but I won't be jumping on a plane to come back any time soon.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank James D
KHTDMGMT, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this review, 8 October 2011
Dear Guest (Xman123),

Thank you for taking the time to submit your valuable feedback on this portal, from your stay last August in our hotel.

It is my pleasure to note that barring your dissatisfaction over the food quality and choice, you had an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

As you correctly pointed out, we cater to a very International clientele, it is challenging to cater to everyone's needs to their fullest satisfaction, however, we keep trying and reinventing our ways, and feedback such as yours encourages us to even strive harder. I regret and apologize, that the food quality was not to your liking.

Indeed, English language skills do present a challenge in this part of the world, which is why we offer language courses to our team members, on a regular basis, and train them on conversational language skills. As your feedback points out, we still have work to do.

Although you mentioned to the contrary, being an optimist, I sincerely hope we will be able to welcome you back to Kempinski Hotel The Dome, some day.

Thank you once again, for your kind feedback.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I must confess that the mixed reviews shared by many here on Trip Advisor left us with more than a sense of trepidation prior to our visit to the Kempinski Dome, leaving the debate wide open as to whether we would end up burying this Caesar or praising him. I’m pleased to say post stay, (our very first to the region of Antalya) it is mostly praise that we would bestow on the Dome with only one or two reservations.

The region of Antalya is a curious one, almost as if certain of the best (and worst) elements of Spain, Morroco, Portugal and perhaps Southern Italy had been cut and pasted into a wonderful yet asymmetric mosaic, beautiful in part (and drenched in uninterrupted sunshine) but the overall design needs work in order to fully reveal the true picture. First impressions of the Hotel underline this point perfectly. Found at the end of a long tree lined road the Hotel (which architecturally is one of the most inspiring Kempinski’s I’ve seen to date) entices you in via a magnificently grand entrance inspired by the 11th-century Seljuk Turks to what is now typical Kempinski style and quality. Awash with marble, water features, leather and floral displays this Hotel should be surrounded by opulence of a similar elk in terms of the neighbouring infrastructure. Instead, the adjoining buildings whilst pleasant enough are leagues away from the Dome in terms of style…………….. and that infrastructure, well despite being on a near perfect stretch of beach with Hotels either side, nearest café, restaurant or bar is some 5km away.

This should not put prospective visitors off, on the contrary, the Hotel is exceptionally well secluded, secure and private, with almost a boutique /private club atmosphere. The overriding feeling here being that you are in a Kempinski world, Turkey may be there but it’s not at all apparent! The rooms carry this theme on, very well designed, perfectly equipped (despite small and very aged LCD televisions) and although much smaller than hoped, balconies with a sea view are well worth the extra, especially for catching a late sunset. Room maintenance was exceptional, squeaky clean and despite trying to be eco warriors and hanging our towels for a 2nd use, housekeeping was having none of it and they were replaced every evening at turn down. We were equally impressed with the pools. Very sensibly the same depth all round (1.40m) all X3 main pools interweave seamlessly, are truly enormous and have a great swim up bar playing just about audible “chill-out” to help you get to that space which was the reason why you came in the first place. Indeed for us, this is where the Hotel excelled, after a less than perfect start we were pretty much effortlessly drawn into an aura of relaxation. Worth mentioning that you would never know this is a golf resort, but if Golf is your drug, then after a round or two I couldn’t imagine a better place to chill than poolside sipping whatever poison takes your fancy whilst reflecting on what may have been had you not missed that final put on the last green. Again sensibly there were two shallower pools for children, not quite tucked away but subtle enough to allow adults some uninterrupted tranquility. The private blue flag beach was clean, the sea calm, warm and inviting if a little insipid for those with more adventurous, aquatic spirits.

We noted quite a few comments in respect of the food but I have to say that on the whole we found it to be of a consistently high standard and contrary to other opinion, well priced. We only experienced the buffet dinner once, but it was some of the finest traditional Turkish cuisine either of us have experienced for quite some time. That said the subject of dining again really underlines my initial point re that as yet incomplete mosaic. Credit to Kempinski for offering the only (yes the only) non all inclusive Hotel in the area but in our book if you are going to be different, then embrace it head on, don’t just scratch the surface! Despite beautiful grounds and enormous potential to dine under the stars, I’d say that during our stay about 80% of guests chose the buffet day in day out (it was actually hard to find out what other alternatives were on offer!). Yes, this was served in the same predominantly al fresco area as breakfast, but where is the intimacy sharing your dining experience with near all other guests, less than a metre away?? This theme ran through to the entertainment. The Hotel has a beautiful terrace bar overlooking the grounds where nightly entertainment consisted of music performed by artists (with varying degrees of talent!), playing middle of the road ballads to an international audience. Yes, it is exceptionally difficult for management (catering for a predominantly German, Russian and home grown tastes) but we would have loved to have A) other al fresco options, and B) greater diversity in respect of what entertainment was on offer. We were after all in Turkey and it was left to our imaginations how enjoyable an a la carte experience could have been with perhaps some Turkish classical music one night, a belly dancing display the other! We shared these comments with the exceptionally attentive General Manager, Puneet Singh who for our final evening opened a second terrace for a private dining experience. The food & atmosphere were excellent and we hope that Puneet took note that once the tables were laid out, despite no advertising whatsoever, 3 other diners joined us!

A weaker point is the service. All management were exemplary, but in certain areas and times (especially breakfast and when busy) the variations in customer service and consistency are all too apparent and not quite up to the mark of a 5 star establishment. That said, those staff who were good were extremely good. I’ve already mentioned housekeeping and during our saty we encountered the best pool attendant we’ve ever experienced, period. From 30m, if spotted, he was there in an instant and only left once he was completely satisfied that we were where we wanted to be, not on the first available lounger. Sadly, we have forgotten his name but if ever there was a benchmark for Puneet, then it is he who has set the bar!

To conclude, the Dome is a good Hotel, a very good Hotel and one of the best value, best designed and most relaxing Kempinski’s we’ve stayed in to date. Our knives remain resolutely undrawn and we would most definitely return, our only hope being that management take the brave step of focusing further on the potential to capitalise on the Hotel’s uniqueness (and Turkishness!) and less on accommodating that all persuasive, all inclusive feel in respect of dining and entertainment. In our book, this along with upping the ante in terms of the responsiveness of staff could easily afford the potential for the Dome to become one of Europe’s best Kempinski resort Hotels and certainly the bench mark for 5 star beach resorts in the entire region. We look forward to meeting Puneet and his team in the not too distant future to see whether the paint has finally dried on the Dome's potentially wonderful canvas.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RDWallace
Dear Mr. Wallace,

I wish I had the wonderful gift like you have, to write so eloquently!

Thank you very much for taking the time, for submitting a very extensive and candid feedback from your stay at hotel.

You have so wonderfully described all aspects of your stay, areas where we do well, and areas we need to improve. Since we had the opportunity to have a discussion over a glass of wine or maybe two, during your stay, there is nothing much to say, except thank you, and assure you, that what we discussed, what you have highlighted as areas of improvement, will be addressed. And thank you for giving some excellent ideas from your vast experience as a guest in luxury hotels.

I and my team, eagerly look forward to welcoming you back to Kempinski Hotel The Dome, in the not too distant future, and wish you and your lovely wife, our best in the meantime.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

Everything was perfect. Clean and comfortable. There was No music so if you would like to have laud music around this is not the right place. Food is good. The only bas thing is the service in the restaurants. Waiters are arrogant and not good at their jobs. İ think they are seasonal workers. Under the sea is sand but not so good for little kids. Pool is perfect. İ Went to other kempinski in bodrum. When compared staff is better in bodrum.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Guest (Eliffff),

Thank you for your kind and cnadid feedback on this portal, from your stay in our hotel, last September.

As we appreciate and thank you, for sharing that your overall experience at the Hotel, was exceptional, barring the service experience.

I take your comment that our waiters appeared arrogant, extremely seriously, and can assure you I have addressed with our operations team and each and every staff in depth, prior to writing this response. I personally apologize for their behavior, which I must inform you, is really out of the norm.

Indeed, as we have fluctuating business volumes in summer and winter, we do use carefully screened, selected personell, who are first trained and then introduced to the operations.

I thank you for giving us the feedback, which will allow us to improve ourselves continuously. If you would like to share more information, I request you to please contact me directly, via our website, under the "contact us" section.

I hope you will not let this isolated experience, keep you away from returning to Kempinski Hotel The Dome. I look forward to welcoming you back.

with best regards

Puneet Singh
Kempinski Hotel The Dome.
istanbul
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

Hotel is luxury. But the service and food quality is below the kempinski quality.
it is a quite place to rest, excellent beach and sea.

Room Tip: choose the rooms with seaview
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank iletisim
Dear Guest (iletisim),

Thank you for submitting your candid feedback on this portal, from your last stay in September in our hotel.

I regret to read that your experience was less than exceptional, due to food and service quality, even though all other aspects of the hotel were to your liking.

Although we continuously strive to excel in our food quality, choice and service, we failed in your eyes, for which I sincerely apolgize.

If you could please contact me directly, to provide a little bit more specific aspects of the service experience during your stay, it would prove greatly effective to improve the same, for us. I can be contacted through our Hotel website under the "contact us" section.

Rest assured, it is not the norm, and with continued training and role play, we keep our service team on their toes.

I hope you will be able to put this experience behind you and allow us the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel, in the not too distant future, to deliver you, the Kempinski experience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Puneet Singh
Kempinski Hotel The Dome.
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I and my fiancee visited this hotel in August 2011 and we liked the service and the hotel amenities. It's clean and neat, the personnel is well-trained and kind, and the food is great. One thing we did not quite like was the lack of entertainment facilities and activities. I understand that it's a golf resort, but that's really not any reason to not play any pool-side music or add a couple of tennis courts, basketball fields, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VolkanKC
Dear Guest (VolkanKC),

First of all, let me thank you for your kind feedback, submitted on this portal from your last August stay.

I thank you for appreciating our facilities and cleanliness, as a whole. Your observation on the service quality and trained staff is also greatly appreciated.

Indeed, we are not one of the 100's other resorts in Antalya, that offer music, animation and activities around the resort, non stop.

We focus and pride ourselves in offering a relaxing and quiet atmosphere around and within the hotel, however, with possibilities for "action" thirsty guests.

I regret that you did not discover our 3 Tennis courts on the east side of the hotel. In addition to that, we offer a range of water sports, Table Tennis for adults, possiblity to join the football game in our next door property each afternoon. In addition to this, we are able to arrange a range of acitivites around Antalya, however, only upon request. We offer several entertainment and activity opportunities, however, they are not in your face, but more subtle.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back for a few days from Istanbul, and to ensure that you are able to experience the resort in all new light again. If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly.

sao paulo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

we stayed in the kempinski for a family gathering , reception staff was nice and helpful and we were offered an upgrade from two sea view rooms to one villa , which was nice but logical as we stayed 11 nights !
the villa is a confortable two bedrooms space with a small kitchen and a shared pool with two other villas ..overall big space with all ameneties lacking luxury, details that make a diference..we had a golf car to walk around the resort which was big and among the nicest i have ever been, beautifully designed and maintained, with nice gardens, huge pools quiet beach etc..the big disappointment was the food..no variety..same average food , same decoration in the restaurant ..the hotel advertises 5 restaurants I think ,in fact the same space is a cafeteria for lunch and would turn a turkish restaurant one night, an italian restaurant the other night and so on..what a waste!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank serial2urist
Dear Guest (serial2urist),

Thank you for submitting your feedback from your stay in June, on this portal.

I thank you for your compliments on our facilities as well as our Villas, which met and partially exceeded your expectations. I thank you for appreciating the complimentary upgrade to a Villa, which I believe enhanced your overall experience, though I can assure you, is not offered as a logical outcome if someone stays for 11 nights, there are other reasons, which I cannot highlight on this portal.

I have taken note of your comment on our food quality and choice, which I can assure you, we take extremely seriously. We always attempt to satisfy the needs, tastes and expectations of all our guests, however, as in your case, we do fail to satisfy everyone. I apologize for your less than exceptional culinary experience.

Indeed, we advertise to have 3 themed a la carte dinner restaurants, and open them alternatively, in addition to the Buffet restaurant. In summer, indeed, we "convert" our lunch a la carte restaurant to one of the themed restaurants. It was actually initiated as a result of our guests demand to be able to sit and have dinner near the sea/beach. Our designated a la carte restaurants on the Lobby level, were not visited, when we opened them for dinner in summer. I will keep your invaluable feedback in mind and monitor if other guests also give us a similar feedback, we shall make the change accordingly.

Thank you once again, for your feedback.

I and my team look forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel, in the not to distant future, should your travels bring you to this part of the world again.