“The perfect week”

Kempinski Hotel The Dome
Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 28 June 2013

A party of husbands and wives having just returned from a wonderful week at the Kempenski the Dome hotel in Belek.
A superb 5 star hotel which would stand up against the best in the world. Situated on the Beach with an enormous swimming pool with plenty of comfortable loungers and a most hospitable 'swim-up' bar.Only a 300 guest hotel which is small for Belek but the service from the 300 staff was execellent. A vast selection of quality food at each meal with a daily changing menu with chef's cooking to order. We booked on an all inclusive deal but found the meals interesting and very well presented. Different to some all inclusive hotels the spirits were 'branded' and not locally produced. The hotel also owns two superb golf courses the PGA Sultans and the Pasha which are only a 3 minute shuttle bus ride from the hotel. There are also a collection of first class courses within a 10 minute drive. Golf here makes Spain and Portugal look like beginners. If you want luxury,first class service and comfortable rooms in a hotel which is not overcrowded then book here, we will again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and i spent many days in Turkey just touring by the time we got to the Kempinski we just wanted to unwind, relax and have a good rest. However, check in was a nightmare! We had booked the hotel through hotels.com, on arriving the man checking us in asked for my credit card so i gave it, and he was about to swipe it. I asked why are you swiping my card? He said i had not paid for my accomidation. This is pathetic i had a full reciept from hotel.com saying i paid. Anyway, once i showed my recipet another lady came to check us in. She saw on my receipt and the system that i had paid. However, saying on her system it shows only for one person. When on my recipt and on hotels.com it specified it was a full board for two people. Once that was sorted out after about 20minutes, she assumes that we will be okay having a room with two single beds. When i booked the hotel i specified i want a queen bed. Evetually i got a room with a queen bed, (however, this is the second kempinski bed that i noticed which is very uncompforatble).
I am very upset at how i was treated at check in, no person needs such stress when getting to a resort. In future i do hope that the hotel sorts out there check systems. However, i must add the facilities at the resort are amazing, many saunas, many steam rooms, hamam is huge, clean and huge swimming pools. Out of all the resorts iv seen i think they have one of the best facilities. The room wasn't bad, however, the bed and linen was not up to standard. The food, buffets was amazing, divine, fresh food. I love the facilities, food, environment, but because of the poor service i do not think i would ever return to a kempiski, i felt insulted at the behavior of staff at the check in counter. It was so uncomfortable in front of everyone how they treated me on check in, when i have papers showing proof i paid. If the hotels system was not updated it is not my problem.I feel the staff on Kempinski should treat there clients with more respect as i feel so offended at how i was treated on check in! For the price this hotel is not worth it all!! I would never recommend anyone to stay here! i would never ever rate this hotel a five star based on the poor pathetic check in service!

Room Tip: Nothing really
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Samee s
Ece S, Executive Secretary at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Madam,

On the onset, I would like to thank you for taking the time providing us invaluable feedback from your last stay in our hotel.

I deeply regret that you have had an less than memorable experience at our hotel.

I have taken note of your comments, which I regard as very serious and would be more than happy to discuss them with you in detail at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 0242 710 1300 extension 5001.

I sincerely hope, that even though your last experience was less than exceptional, you will give us the another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We went there with a group of people and first suprised how empty the hotel is for the season in June. But they said it is mostly full and their system is to make people more comfortable. No queues nowhere, staff very helpful and easy to find. Perfect holiday location for families ,older couples. Instead of giving a lot of money to overcrowded 5 stars , you can go here and have a relaxed holiday.

Room Tip: If you like the view, ask a room away from neighbour construction building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank siskebap
Ece S, Executive Secretary at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,

Thank you for your time, to give feedback from your last stay with us, on this Forum.

I sincerely thank you for your constructive feedback and appreciation of our services and facilities. I and my team are very pleased that we were able to create memorable experiences for you, during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you, in the not too distant future in our hotel.

With best regards

Reviewed 3 June 2013

My family and I have stayed in this hotel more than 15 times. My wife and I are clearly aware of the fact that when or if we opt for spending our precious vacation time in this hotel, we return home with a lovely serene sense of relaxation & joy after being pampered every single day of our holiday.

The rooms, the service -take it from the first person you meet at the entrance of the hotel until the last when you check out - is focused on you and your family, the food, the amenities and the rest! The golf courses are also issues to bring up as they are both PGA approved and the staff running them are extremely customer-focused!!

The management take their time to be around at all time - following up all staff members! The MD, Mr Tumkaya, approaches all and every guest with his extremely cordial manner and makes sure all is well. The F&B director, Mr.Can Özer, is at his rounds all the time making meticulously sure every aspect of the resort is up to Kempinski standards.

It was my birthday in May and I felt it wise to celebrate my 50th birthday with all my family around me. Mr Ozer did all he could to make this occasion special. And I am glad to report that my birthday was not the only event within the week and I noticed the same volume of professionalism and care from him and his esteemed staff members to other guest with their birthdays or wedding anniversaries and whatnot!

I and everyone in my family would like to thank everyone at the hotel.(We are very pleased since we have already reserved our third stay this year for August!!!)

The only thought is for them to keep it to the same standard as establishments in hospitality industry can only thrive on the return of the guest(s) & I am certain they know this very fact so very well.

Julian Frataroli

Room Tip: Just ask the person at the front desk!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JFrataroli
Reviewed 3 June 2013

If you are looking for a relaxing break, tasteful settings, beautiful pool, pleasant beach, excellent food, despite every meal in form of a buffet, friendly staff, and a journey not too far away from Europe …in this case "The Kempinski Dome" can only be wholeheartedly recommended. Special thanks to Figen at the reception desk for all her kind support, assistance and always smiling.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Birgit,

I sincerely thank you for your contructive feedback and appreciation of our services and facilities. I and my team are very pleased that we were able to create memorable experiences for you, during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you, in the not too distant future in our hotel.

with best regards

Reviewed 28 May 2013

It was our 15th trip to the hotel!! The staff made us feel extremely welcomed - always ready to please and accommodate our requests.

The staff members are continuously monitored by the management who are in the grounds of the hotel all hours round.

The managing director, Mr Tumkaya, approached us whenever he saw us and was super polite - inquiring if all was OK. In short, everyone behaved as a part of family as my toddler, Daniel, was quite upset we told him our holiday was coming to a close. He cannot wait until August as we have reserved our room for an extended stay.

As for food, we loved it - very Tasty & varied!! Room service was great and I was quite surprised toward that all rooms are cleaned twice a day and a towels and sheets can be changed as often if need be!!

We recommend the hotel whole-heartedly! Oh by the way, the golf courses Pasha, Sultan & the driving range were also fabulous!! Daniel loves golf as we arranged golf lessons for him & the service was great (he is 4!!!!)

I, Serap & Daniel thank all staff members of Kempinski for their great hospitality & customer-focused approach.

Julian Frataroli

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank JulianFrataroli
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Room was large and clean. Bathroom had a separate toilet, shower, & tub with nice large towels. Small balcony with chairs would have been nice except for major construction next door from about 9:00 am to after 11:00 pm. Can hear noise from hallway, room above, and outside. Service was pleasant but slow (by USA standards). Meals average - several of our party became ill, but it is difficult to determine where they contracted a bug. Good access to the beach and resort style pool. Entry to the hotel is beautiful.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple