“No, thanks”

Kempinski Hotel The Dome
Ranked #56 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Beautiful, clean hotel, nice design. Good food, great selection. Terrible service, poorly trained, arrogant, often inattentive waiters, inpolite spa staff. Front desk staff not informative. Even senior staff are inefficient, they listen to you and give you fake smiles, but their annoyance at being addressed because of discrepancies is clearly visible. They might even argue with you. The hotel would be perfect for a relaxing holiday, but the poor level of service destroys the overall experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank MMCC7077

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Having travelled to over 50 countries and stayed in 50’s 5 star hotels. This is the first time I have ever put review on here. Why! Because all 5 star hotels reach a certain level of service and if they do not listen and do all they can make your stay enjoyable. Unfortunately this could not be said of this hotel. Let me just give you the facts about our stay there.
Our second evening after diner, we asked a waiter is there anyone we could talk about our complains. He said evening there is no manager on duty! We learned that that was not only this day, never! Then, we find a service manager who tried to help us but he could not speak English well. We agreed with my wife to wait till morning.
After breakfast we were a small pretty cafe and saw a man who informed us he was a hotel manager and asked if everything is good. He invited us to get some coffee. We said ok and informed him our problems abaut service quality. He talked and talked… many of them was empty but we were still happy at least we could find a manager to talk. After around 30 minutes we went to our room to get our stuff for going to the beach. Not more than an hour we met him again near restaurant on the way of the beach. He asked us again, ‘how was our holiday and everything was good?’ What a shame, he was kidding us or no cares us. He should be retired.
If you are going to a brand of Kempinski, hotel should be better managed. A few day there were no changes with our holiday. The Hotel was pretty and has everything what we wish. Not so many people. Silent and clean… Food was average but not bad.
P.S. giving tips to staff, this is more effective than talking with management. Do not waste your time.

Room Tip: 2. floor east side sea view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris R
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Just returned from a 4 day stay with our young kids (11,9,5) . We had a wonderful time overall but this is my take .
The good :
very nice property , one of the best pools i've ever seen with a very convenient wet bar , very nice spa and gym . The staff is generally friendly and helpful . Great kids' pool well shaded with a slide . A number of outlets and lounges and for smokers an indoor smoking lounge/bar which has become a rare commodity.
The bad :
It is about an hour away from Antalya where most of the attractions are . we found that a real drag especially with 3 impatient kids . This limits the activities you can do if you get tired of being in the sun (some sun , best tan ) . Close by is Belek and Kadriye but frankly don't waste your time unless you are looking for fake designer purses and clothes .
Surprisingly the beaches in Antalya aren't nice , full of small pebbles with brownish sand and this hotel isn't excepted . The sea water is however very nice and cool .
We didn't realize it was an all inclusive resort till we got there and we don't like all inclusive at all . The food is a bit above average but the buffet gets boring especially in the evening . They have a couple of "a la carte restaurants" the one by the pool is quite nice . As for the other ones you have to book a day in advance - don't ask me why !
Unfortunately some of the guests aren't the type we see at 5* resorts especially the big fat guy who shamelessly decided to strip naked in front of everyone by the pool so get ready to be a bit surprised .
I strongly recommend to charter a boat - again another hour drive to the marina - for the day to see the waterfalls and swim by the island . Moonlight has a very nice crew - Fouad and his wife - who will bbq the tastiest grilled fish you will ever eat . Lovely couple .

Room Tip: the building i U shaped . Try to book a room in the two wings instead of the middle as you will get...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We were there mid April 2013. Very nice hotel with beach and a huge swimming pool. Spa with indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath and a beautiful Turkish bath. Nothing to say about the room that was well maintained. The 2 golf courses are quite nice and in excellent condition. The weak point is the dinning room, too dark and decorated in too many different styles. Fortunately, we can eat outside and that is very pleasant. Food could be improved but with the buffet you can always find something to your liking. The major problem for me is Argos jewelart. Being in a 5 star hotel, I did not expect to be deceived and robbed. Yet... There is a small jewelry shop in the hotel. The hotel shop attendant suggested to drive us to a bigger jewelry shop. And I fell in a very efficient tourist trap. The ring I bought lost a stone 2 weeks after my return. I discovered then that I has paid twice the market price. Everything on Argos Jewelart "certificate" is wrong ! Even the gold is of bad quality.. Kempinski is an international de luxe hotel chain. I don't understand why they are accomplices of organized tourist robbery. For me this is a breach of confidence. Pity, really.

Room Tip: See view and as high as possible :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mo R
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Our tour group was was supposed to have stayed three nights at one of the local Ramadas, but there was a reservations kerfluffle, and we ended up at this Kempinski for two nights. All of us were extremely pleased, to put it mildly, with the shift to this very, very pretty and tranquil seaside property. The room my wife and I were given was spacious, altogether quiet and very clean, with a very sizable bathroom, and the food in the hotel's buffet restaurant was just plain excellent. If you like to bird, I suggest walking along the path between the hotel's golf course and the adjoining property's driving range--a pleasant stroll, and quite a birdy one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vaoenophile
Reviewed 28 June 2013

A party of husbands and wives having just returned from a wonderful week at the Kempenski the Dome hotel in Belek.
A superb 5 star hotel which would stand up against the best in the world. Situated on the Beach with an enormous swimming pool with plenty of comfortable loungers and a most hospitable 'swim-up' bar.Only a 300 guest hotel which is small for Belek but the service from the 300 staff was execellent. A vast selection of quality food at each meal with a daily changing menu with chef's cooking to order. We booked on an all inclusive deal but found the meals interesting and very well presented. Different to some all inclusive hotels the spirits were 'branded' and not locally produced. The hotel also owns two superb golf courses the PGA Sultans and the Pasha which are only a 3 minute shuttle bus ride from the hotel. There are also a collection of first class courses within a 10 minute drive. Golf here makes Spain and Portugal look like beginners. If you want luxury,first class service and comfortable rooms in a hotel which is not overcrowded then book here, we will again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 June 2013

My husband and i spent many days in Turkey just touring by the time we got to the Kempinski we just wanted to unwind, relax and have a good rest. However, check in was a nightmare! We had booked the hotel through hotels.com, on arriving the man checking us in asked for my credit card so i gave it, and he was about to swipe it. I asked why are you swiping my card? He said i had not paid for my accomidation. This is pathetic i had a full reciept from hotel.com saying i paid. Anyway, once i showed my recipet another lady came to check us in. She saw on my receipt and the system that i had paid. However, saying on her system it shows only for one person. When on my recipt and on hotels.com it specified it was a full board for two people. Once that was sorted out after about 20minutes, she assumes that we will be okay having a room with two single beds. When i booked the hotel i specified i want a queen bed. Evetually i got a room with a queen bed, (however, this is the second kempinski bed that i noticed which is very uncompforatble).
I am very upset at how i was treated at check in, no person needs such stress when getting to a resort. In future i do hope that the hotel sorts out there check systems. However, i must add the facilities at the resort are amazing, many saunas, many steam rooms, hamam is huge, clean and huge swimming pools. Out of all the resorts iv seen i think they have one of the best facilities. The room wasn't bad, however, the bed and linen was not up to standard. The food, buffets was amazing, divine, fresh food. I love the facilities, food, environment, but because of the poor service i do not think i would ever return to a kempiski, i felt insulted at the behavior of staff at the check in counter. It was so uncomfortable in front of everyone how they treated me on check in, when i have papers showing proof i paid. If the hotels system was not updated it is not my problem.I feel the staff on Kempinski should treat there clients with more respect as i feel so offended at how i was treated on check in! For the price this hotel is not worth it all!! I would never recommend anyone to stay here! i would never ever rate this hotel a five star based on the poor pathetic check in service!

Room Tip: Nothing really
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Samee s
Ece S, Executive Secretary at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Madam,

On the onset, I would like to thank you for taking the time providing us invaluable feedback from your last stay in our hotel.

I deeply regret that you have had an less than memorable experience at our hotel.

I have taken note of your comments, which I regard as very serious and would be more than happy to discuss them with you in detail at your earliest convenience. I can be reached at 0242 710 1300 extension 5001.

I sincerely hope, that even though your last experience was less than exceptional, you will give us the another opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Kindest regards