“Relaxing, beautiful Hotel but on the over expensive side!”

Kempinski Hotel The Dome
Ranked #56 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 21 February 2011

We have stayed on short visits at this hotel more than once. We retun bc it suits our needs - golf, relax, quiet and sun water. It is clean and facilities provided are better than other hotels in the area. However Kempinski is renouned for quality service, and uniqueness to which this hotel not have that special touch yet. They are getting there, thus for services massage, food, beverages they ask a little too much for the standard THEY provide. They should return something back to the client to remind them of their particular stay. Golf packages and board is good. Yes, it is a little boring at night but overcome with good company....make sure you not go without!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
KHTDMGMT, General Manager at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Dear Guest (Kangaroo),

Please accept our gratitude for posting a review from your last stay at our hotel.
We thank you for your candid feedback from your last stay and assure you, that we continue to improve ourselves to make our guest experiences, more memorable and exciting.
We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future, when you will, I am sure see more significant positive changes. I look forward to also personally meeting you, upon your next visit.

Thank you and wish you a nice day.
best regards
Puneet Singh

Reviewed 17 February 2011

I've never played golf in my life, I'm just not interested in it, so the Kempinski in Belek (or indeed any hotel in Belek) may have seemed like a strange choice. For me, though, it's all about the luxury and the spa treatments, and The Dome has both in spades.

I stayed there for four days, and my birthday fell right in the middle of my visit. Not only did the staff surprise me with a birthday cake in my room and a lovely birthday card, but the girls at the spa also threw me a little mini celebration with candles and a lovely fruit plate after my spa treatment.

I know a lot of people whinge about the prices at Kempinski hotels, but really I think you get what you pay for. I paid more for a spa treatment there than I've ever paid in my life, but in return I got the best spa treatment I've ever had, ever. The facilities were beautiful throughout the property, everyone was friendly and helpful without being nosy, and I really enjoyed the entire week thoroughly. For me, that's worth the extra expense, especially since I don't take luxury holidays that often.

Despite being booked to capacity because of two visiting conferences, the hotel was quiet and people were respectful about their noise levels. The walls between the rooms really do a great job of keeping out extraneous noise. The bed was heavenly, and once I worked out how to set the thermostat, my room was consistently comfortable. I slept really, really well every night I was there.

If you go to the Kempinski for a spa holiday, I recommend Nilüfer at the spa. She was the one who did my massage, and it was heavenly. If I'm lucky enough to return to the Kempinski for another spa holiday I will ask for her again.

All in all, a fantastic week - I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend my birthday.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank melissamaples

Dear Guest (melissamaples),

Thank you very much for your feedback from your stay in our hotel. Very pleased to know, that the team delivered memorable experiences for you, during your stay and also for your special day.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Kempinski Hotel The Dome, in the not too distant future.
best regards

Puneet Singh

Reviewed 27 December 2010

The hotel Kempinski the Dome has a wonderful atmosphere. We liked the rooms with the view to the sea, the sound of the waves at night and the great comfy bed. The rooms and all the rest of the hotel was very clean and well maintained. The lobby is amazing and we liked the bar and coffehouse best for its style and comfort. The food, breakfast and dinner buffets were great and excellent quality. We had several spa treatments which were great and also very professional. The golf courses which belong to the hotel are surely under the best we have played so far. This is special true for Sulatn. Even if the hotel was not full there was never the feeling of being alone. The pools are wonderful just outside the water was too cold as it is not heated. But there is a large indoor pool which was never too busy. The staff was always very helpful and every wish was taken care of rapidly. We certainely will go back soon.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Sandy beach was not so great! But the hotel was quiet, top quality service, food was great and for golfing it is one of the best.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hakanerkan
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Not one for writing reviews, I do believe that our recent stay warrants both a review and thanks to the hotel and its team that looked after us on our recent visit.

My wife and 19 month old stayed here last month for a week and from the moment we arrived it was simply incredible. Travelling 4 hours with a young baby is hard at the best of times but when met by a beautiful warm host with cool drinks and towels we knew we had made the right choice for a break from our stressfull routine back in the UK.

I won't go into too much detail but in summary the food was awesome, the staff were warm and kind (without exception), the property is stunning and clean and they simply could'nt do enough to ensure that my wife and family had everything we needed to ensure a beautiful holiday. Oktay arranged great days out and was thoughtful enough to provide for our baby son, and Antilla was always on hand to ensure we had everything we needed and constantly entertained.

Whilst it is'nt cheap, it's a pleasure to pay for a service of such calibre and we truly look forward to visiting again.

Special thanks to the guys who looked after us so well including: Oktay, Antilla, Deugu, Sahai, and Merve - To name a few. - Thank you so much!!! - Haneesha, Anup & Baby Nikhil (Chadda)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Chadda8
Reviewed 27 August 2010

We stayed here for 2 weeks and loved it! The food was super, the rooms were lovely and kept very clean and on the whole the service was very efficient. The slight downside to this hotel would be its position - if you want a total chill holiday and don't really want to move it's perfect, otherwise you will need a car to get about. The beach area was nice but some days the sea was really dirty and it is quite stony underfoot but we didn't mind that. A little disappointing that the potentially super swim up pool bar was soooo slow (understaffed) and didn't serve great cocktails! Avoid the 'Kir Royal' - lucky if you get champagne in it and only expect half a glass!!! Other cocktails we sampled were not great - prob the best to go for would be mojitos. Pool fantastic! So big, very clean, children loved it. No rush for beds either - always plenty and if not one would soon be found for you. On the whole a really lovely stay at this hotel would recommend it if you're planning on staying along that coast. Proper 5 star hotel not like many others that promote themselves as 5 star but are closer to 2/3! Avoid the massive all-inclusive ones like the plague!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank holidaysx
Reviewed 22 August 2010

We stayed at the Kempinksi Hotel – The Dome, at the beginning of July. It is a lovely hotel right on the beach in Belek. We had been visiting the interior of Turkey prior and wanted our final 4 days in Turkey to be spent at the beach. The Kempinski did not disappoint. We had a room with a sea view which was large, well equipped and had a lovely bathroom with a separate bath and shower. We were on a half board basis and the food at the buffet was plentiful and very good. Each night there was a theme to the menu.

The pool was great with lots of sun beds although the hotel did not seem to be all that busy so it may be different during the school holidays. There was a beach club which had really nice curtained beach tents but they all seemed to be reserved. I am guessing there was probably a charge for this but if you did not want to pay there were parasols for free.

The concierge team were excellent. My husband was unfortunately taken ill and spent one night in hospital during our stay and they were very helpful in organising transport and generally helping me during a stressful situation. He was diagnosed with dehydration which came about by not drinking enough water which brings me to my only negative about the hotel. As it is a 5 star hotel you can expect to pay over and above normal charges for everything. Although the hotel did provide two small bottles of water per day per person, this is not enough. A suggestion I would make to the hotel is overcharge for everything else but for the water, sell it at true cost in the hotel shop. I saw this at another 5 star hotel in Crete and it makes sense – you don’t want guests dropping due to lack of water. Alternatively when travelling through town to the hotel, get the driver to stop at a market so that you can stock up. This will be the lesson that we have learned for our future trips abroad

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple