“in all honesty: horrible”

Cesars Temple De Luxe
Ranked #67 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 9 September 2007

I came back yesterday and I have a hard time believing the comments of "azybam" from California to be real. The rooms are falling apart, with stucko on the wall ,doors that let in mosquitoes and a beige carpet that never looks clean , we had to change rooms and even with an upgrade...I cannot even explain. ..This hotel was classified as a 4.5 stars and you have to drink from plastic cups and eat from plastic plates that flies away as soon as you are done with the food. The dinning area is so large that it leaves you with a feeling of being a sort of cattle in a farm queueing for food at the buffet...The staff is overhelm with guesses so they are usually not friendly. The Turkish bath is not really included in the all inclusive price. Anyway there was nothing turkish about this place. Unless you speak Russian you can forget about the animation. As for the all inclusive drinks if you dont like vodka and beer you are in trouble. The quality of the food served was aimed at saving money, cheap food basicaly. Breakfast was the only think I truely like, they had a wide selection of breads and wait, the outside is nice. I sincerly cannot recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank M_Gabriel
There are newer reviews for Cesars Temple De Luxe

Reviewed 20 June 2007

I stayed here for a week in June '07. My room was fairly newly decorated, large and spacious and everythng worked. However, as the other reviews indicate, thay can be variable - so well worth asking to change rooms if you're unhappy. The hotel's guests were 99% Russian's - mostly families on holiday. They were noticeably less noisey than we Brits, so the pool areas and beach were pleasantly quiet and peaceful. In fact, the outdoor areas are this hotel's strong point - both pools are huge, clean and very inviting. There seemed to be plenty of loungers and the white marble flooring was kept very clean. The grounds are also beautifully kept. There were many interesting areas and activities for children, including water flumes, arcade games and trampolenes. The hotel is only 10 mins walk away from a huge water park called TroyAqua, although there is very little else around, apart from other quite similar large hotel complexes. The restaurant buffet was plentiful although there's something of a scrum for the food at opening times and some of the dishes can run out - due to the huge portions that some of the guests
feel necessary to take, only to be thrown away uneaten at the end of the meal. Western Europeans might find the buffet experience rather more 'in-your-face' than they are used to. We also tried the a-la-carte Turkish outdoor resturant which was fairly good and less rushed than the buffet. Overall, I would say this was a three star hotel, with five star grounds and 2 -3 star dining. Rooms are probably too variable to rate. Value for money depends on how much you manage to book it for - £40pp a night, -all inclusive- seemed reasonable. If you're used to a hotel that caters to UK and other Western Europeans you might find this hotel something of a culture shock.

Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank luckyescape
Reviewed 27 May 2007

I reed other review, but i dont know if they have been at the same hotel. The only nice think was outside of the hotel, from where you can make nice photos.

Everything else was terreble. We take a family room (others are the same) which was horrable: everything was broken, paint on the floor, floor was dirty, paint falling of the wall, room smells like something died, ...

Last year we have been to Kervansaray hotel, which was cheeper, but uncomperable beter, good, nice and clean room, much better food.

See photos in real size.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank Polona
Reviewed 23 April 2007

We stayed in the 2nd week of Easter 2007 as a family with two children 11 + 8 , the staff were more than friendly , entertainment was very good , the only thing it could have done with was a better late night snack area this might be better in full season , overall we was very happy with our holiday there.

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank gmc007
Reviewed 28 September 2006

Hello,My name Is Alex,Me and my friend Erhan went to Antalya,Turkey. a friend from Antalya arrange for us to stay in Cesar's temple,we have stayed in cesars 7 days,First of all I would like to take time to thank to cesars stuff for makeing our stay veeeeery enjoyble THANK You all.we are from California &New york went to antalya to just relax and have fun at same time,well we did get what we were looking for,days were verry lazy and evening was greaat,all day lay out at the beach or at the pool,no one ever bother us,meals are all you can eat,drinks are all you can drink,I must say I have learned to cummunicate with the rushan tourist with out any langauge skills,some do speek English most don't but that does not stop am trying to talk to you,I must not forget to THANK to evening entertainment crew ANIMATION TEAM you guys rule,Ulash you are verry telented thanks for your telent and wanting to do your best for the guest to enjoy the stay at the hotel,thanks for ther pool side entertainment,
Well the rooms are not 5 star,but for the price it is a great rate : )well all I can say is I have the best 7 days of my life @ the cesar's temple THANK YOU,THANK YOU,and THANK YOU,all for making our stay verry enjoyble,special thanks to food and beverage maneger Mr Tamer you are the Boom,thanks a million.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
2  Thank lazybam
A TripAdvisor Member
rotherham england
Reviewed 6 February 2006

hi all please dont go to this place. me my husband and our five year old. made a bad move going here we have been to belek a few times but never again, unless you can speak russian you are on your own. had to pay a extra £280 to be move to another hotel where we had been told it had got english people there we met six english and four welsh that was it.the rep was leglass when she came to wave us bye bye not a pleasent sight for our five year old. ps all the english and and welsh still stay intouch. KEEP CLEAR OF THIS HOTEL

• Stayed: September 2004
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2005

We went to Cesars Temple in August 2005, and after 5 days Cosmos moved us out quoting contractual problems. The hotel itself was very big the pools were nice, the beach OK though a little stony. The sea slopes fairly gently down but is quite rough due to onshore breezes. The rooms were big and fairly comfortable with nice big beds and good air con but the walls were made of ticky tacky, see futher on. The staff spoke very little English and were pretty uniformly unhelpful, due I suspect from depression at having to work with so many unhappy people. The guests were largely Russian, German and some Dutch and Swiss.When we were there there were only 21 Brits in residence. The other guests were not at all friendly in fact my first breakfast I couldn't belive there was not one smiling face in the restaurant. This it turned out was because there was the most awful scrum first to get food with much un british pushing and queue jumping and then a problem finding somewhere to sit. You couldn't fault the food which was a little too cheese and ham at breakfast, and lots of odd salad items but generally well cooked and tasty. But it cetainly wasn't very Turkish. There was also a depressing amount of waste by many people taking far more than they planned to eat and then just leaving it. .The animation programme was virtually non existent and performed by rather stroppy folk with no fun involved unless it meant making the guests look stupid by dressing men up as Tina turner or making them touch each other up to shouted orders, once again though I feel they were fighting a losing battle with the depressed guests. The most worrying thing though was the health and safety of the place. Our room was a first floor outside apartment and the balustrade wobbled back and forth with the push of a childs hand. It would certaily not have held the weight of an adult stumbling against it. There was an underground cistern next to the path to our room with a 2 inch kerb around it just sticking up out of the grass, it must have been 10 feet deep with water rushing into it constantly and no way to climb out. The lid was never put on the whole time we were there I dread to think what could happen to a curious child! The walk from our room to the restaurant was via a tiled walkway which was constantly slightly flooded so it became very slippery and you had to step over a 6 foot by 18 inch grate which was broken and if stepped on shifted under your foot. The walls to the bedrooms were very thin with all conversation etc from next door fully audible if not comprehensible. Lastly the floor in the reception area was tiled with a mirror gloss and spills were not mopped up, I came a cropper there and was left by staff to pick myself up. Only the presence of my Cosmos rep there made them do anything about the spill and in fairness they did send me a basket of fruit and some red wine, but with no explanation and at 11.30 at night after I had finally got to sleep over the thumping sound of the next hotels animation! Just don't go there, pay a bit more nd go to the Pappilon Aycha up the road, we were moved there and it is fab.We went to Cesars Temple in August 2005, and after 5 days Cosmos moved us out quoting contractual problems. The hotel itself was very big the pools were nice, the beach OK though a little stony. The sea slopes fairly gently down but is quite rough due to onshore breezes. The rooms were big and fairly comfortable with nice big beds and good air con but the walls were made of ticky tacky, see further on. The staff spoke very little English and were pretty uniformly unhelpful, due I suspect from depression at having to work with so many unhappy people. The guests were largely Russian, German and some Dutch and Swiss. When we were there there were only 21 Brits in residence. The other guests were not at all friendly in fact my first breakfast I couldn't believe there was not one smiling face in the restaurant. This it turned out was because there was the most awful scrum first to get food with much un British pushing and queue jumping and then a problem finding somewhere to sit. You couldn't fault the food, which was a little too cheese and ham at breakfast, and lots of odd salad items but generally well cooked and tasty. But it certainly wasn't very Turkish. There was also a depressing amount of waste by many people taking far more than they planned to eat and then just leaving it. . The animation programme was virtually non existent and performed by rather stroppy folk with no fun involved unless it meant making the guests look stupid by dressing men up as Tina turner or making them touch each other up to shouted orders, once again though I feel they were fighting a losing battle with the depressed guests. The most worrying thing though was the health and safety of the place. Our room was a first floor outside apartment and the balustrade wobbled back and forth with the push of a child’s hand. It would certainly not have held the weight of an adult stumbling against it. There was an underground cistern next to the path to our room with a 2 inch kerb around it just sticking up out of the grass, it must have been 10 feet deep with water rushing into it constantly and no way to climb out. The lid was never put on the whole time we were there I dread to think what could happen to a curious child! The walk from our room to the restaurant was via a tiled walkway which was constantly slightly flooded so it became very slippery and you had to step over a 6 foot by 18 inch grate which was broken and if stepped on shifted under your foot. The walls to the bedrooms were very thin with all conversation etc from next door fully audible if not comprehensible. Lastly the floor in the reception area was tiled with a mirror gloss and spills were not mopped up, I came a cropper there and was left by staff to pick myself up. Only the presence of my Cosmos rep there made them do anything about the spill and in fairness they did send me a basket of fruit and some red wine, but with no explanation and at 11.30 at night after I had finally got to sleep over the thumping sound of the next hotels animation! Just don't go there, pay a bit more and go to the Papillon Aycha up the road, we were moved there and it is fab.

13  Thank AmandaStraaten
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belek
Cesars Resort Side
Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
Belek Beach Resort Hotel
#2 of 11 in Bogazkent

Been to Cesars Temple De Luxe? Share your experiences!