“WORST HOTEL IN THE WORLD!!!!!!”

Belconti Resort Hotel
Ranked #46 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Terrible old hotel, rooms are a waste of money they are just smelly and crap! Homeless people wouldn't even stay there. Staff can't speak any English you ask where the toilet is and they point to the restaurant. They are rude, un helpful and always looking pissed of. Rated 5 star but is truly a 1 star hole of a joint! Never stay there. !

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Botakk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,021)

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at Belconti Hotel for 3 days with 5o other friends. We have to wait for the rooms to check in for hours, reception people were not friendly at all. They explained to us that people don't check out on time, so they act like there is no control system... Then when I was checking out, It was only half and hour late, I went to my room to get my luggage, I could not enter because the door automatically locks you out... So they had the system to empty the rooms.. They were terrible after all... But the restaurant people were almost perfect, I sent my special thanks to those people who made my stay pleasant...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PERVIN_USLU
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed at the Belconti from January 3rd through 16th for business reasons with one colleague. Upon entering the grounds you can see that this 10 year old property has been let go, but keep going on to the lobby. Enter that and you see that the lobby is clean and decent. That is the end of the nice things I have to say about this awful place.
There is no key card system, you get a metal key attached to an over sized key ring. Upon leaving the lobby we tried to guess when the hotel was built, we thought late 70's or early 80's by the colourful gaudiness, dated fixtures and general wear and tear. We saw a plaque later that day in the lobby that said it was completed in 1997. The carpets in the rooms are dirty and worn. The plumbing and electrical fixtures are dated and in the case of the thermostat, patio door lock and shower head- broken. Cigarette smoke wafts freely through the hotel although it is "no smoking".
We thought perhaps there can be some redemption in the buffet....not so! Everything served looks like it came out of a can and was thrown in the microwave with the exception of the tomatoes at the salad bar and the feta cheese. Stick to these two items and in theory you should not get sick. About once every 3 days they have a new meat dish come out which if it is all white meat chicken you should eat that same day but not again after. My colleague and I were struck down by food poisoning by dinner the first night. Symptoms were a cross between the aches and chills of a fever with the headache nausea and fuzzy brain of a hangover. This poisoning took 3 days to fully leave our system. We noticed by that time that all old buffet items are recycled and turned into other dishes rather than thrown away. Bring a log book to keep track of what is or what may be new food at the buffet and note all old items to avoid!
Lets move on to the hotel service. Other than one courteous and attentive member of the waitstaff at the buffet who bore an uncanny resemblance to Mr. Bean, there was not a single member of staff in the complex who should so much as be within half a mile of a hospitality related establishment. Bartenders are loathe to give drinks despite the all inclusive wristbands on prominent show, the manager made it very clear he did not want to hear any complaints, the receptionist spoke selective English read- if we asked for anything from them he did not understand. The maids move arbitrarily through the motions of "cleaning" and often "forget" to leave the daily bottle of water that is promised by the hotel.
The walls are paper thin, the first two nights in our room on the 2nd floor in addition to food poisoning, we were kept awake by music blaring from the "Fiesta Bar" and "Disco" which keep the party and noise going all night despite not having any patrons past midnight when everybody goes to bed as the wristbands do not get guests food or drink past that point. We battled the manager to move us upstairs away from the noise. After describing that issue to him the first time he simply responded with "and?" We were forced to try again with the next manager who moved us to the 6th floor. While we were greatful for this move, we were dismayed to find that our new room had a broken thermostat so no heat or AC, a broken patio door and a broken shower head. To be fair they did fix the shower head and themostat but it did take several more trips to the receptionist and took even more time out of our work days.
There is something of a sadness that hits you when viewing the property from the lobby balcony. They had the right idea at the time of construction and intended to have a very beautiful property with amenities however in practice this company is simply unable to manage or maintain this facility. Perhaps with a $10,000,000 face lift and a takeover by a trusted hotel chain this hotel could shine, but this is a very unlikely scenario!
Please don't stay here. It is cheap but for as little as 20 euros per night you can take a big step up and have a truly nice holiday or business trip and it is absolutely worth it. I hope that I don't come off as stuck up in this review, I can deal with a degree of slack lodgings but these guys have taken slack to entirely new heights.

Also, be very skeptical of anyone who gave this place more than one star.

Thanks to all my fellow trip advisor patrons for helping the travelling community out with your reviews!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank dbourne1966
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed atthis hotel for 12 days all inclusive and it felt more like a prison sentence. Unwelcoming staff greet you with an all you can eat wristband which may as well have been a shackle. We started on floor two but were kept up until 3am with the music from the disco below us pounding through thte floorboards. When i mentioned to the front desk that we had been kept up until 3 am the last two nights their response was "and". I politely asked to move rooms and they obliged by placing us on the top floor. The good news was we could no longer hear the disco....the bad news was the patio door didnt close properly, the heater didnt work and neither did the shower. In fairness all three were fixed the next day following our 3rd complaint in 3 days.

This free'd us up to fully enjoy the two bouts of food poisoning that was to follow as a result of the buffet. A buffet made largely of rubber meats in sauces reminiscent of water mixed with oil and food colouring. The selection was so poor that one night all i could force myself to eat was stale bread and cold chips.

The gym was terrible, i used three pieces of equipment, all of which were either broke, or broke whilst i was using them. I then retired to the "hot tub" that wasnt hot and the luke warm steam room.

The water in the outside pools was green (yes green!) and therefore closed off. I did sunbathe on the loungers one day before being woken up by one of the spa staff offering me special prices on Turkish bath. I declined politely 3 times before impolitely declining when he started rubbing my shoulders!

On a final note the staff were unfriendly and clearly are unhappy to be working at the hotel. Or that is at least the impression they gave from their service.

It is embarrasing that this place is a 5 * hotel, it has potential to be a great place but it is so run down and delapidated it is currently operating at 2* quality.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank SJDeeley
Reviewed 15 June 2010

This was my first trip to Turkey and to this hotel in particular. I have been to numerous five star , all inclusive resorts in Mexico and Dominican Republic, so I was expecting a similar experience and level of service. Was I ever wrong !!! We have stayed at the villa. The rooms are small, dark and outdated. There are not even keycards, but an old fashion keys with very large and tags attached to them on the keyrings. For the first 5 days and nights we had NO AC !!!. I have made numerous calls to the reception and gust relations and was told that the "Chief Engeeneer" of the hotel had determined that it was not hot enough for the AC to be turned on. ( it was right around 30 C). Attempted to sleep with the balcony door open but it was impossible due to bugs, mosquitoes and the fact that there was a "live music " palying in the outside terraace of the main building. It was LOUD !!!. It also did not stom untill midnight. After resorting to blatant threats I was able to have the AC turned on. By thet time both kids were covered by the isect bites and were scratching themselves vigourosly.
The food is very average at best and the restorants are packed to capacity. Waiters are inattentive and genuanely disintrested in their work.
The animation program for the kids is the bright spot. It was very, very good !
The beack is pretty good and clean.
The swimming pools were OK.
Overall, this hotel should be more of a 3 star then a 5 star facility.
I would strongly urge anyone considering spending some time @ Belconti to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank DudeChicago
Reviewed 9 May 2010

When we arrived we got our room, it was late in the night and our children were very tired, so we didn't check our room before the next day. We are lucky that our little 1,5 year old boy slept in our bed, because the baby bed was so poor, some of the bars were rippet off, so the bed had sharpe edges on the mainframe of the bed.
The next day we complained and got a other room, (I don't know if THEY ment it was better just because it was bigger?) - but it was a junior suite with a small bathroom. It was 2 normal rooms put together with a small "teakitchen" in one of the rooms (teakitchen meaning just kitchen cabinets without any cups, glasses, cutlery and no stove).
The "suite" was dirty, and not even 3* as you can see on the pictures.
The aircondition was very dirty, the bathtub was painted so the paint came of when we used the bathtub. There was mold in the soap dispensor.
The staff almost expected us to speak and understand russian (we are from Denmark so we don't). Several times we got something else than we ordered, because they didn't understand neither our english nor our german (just to make a point we DO know how to speak german and english). The kidsclub was also in russian.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
8  Thank LysterKyed
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I chose this hotel hoping it was all inclusive, room service available, clean, comfortable, for swimming pools and kid's room facilities. It turned out to be the worst experience in my life for this sort of money. First night my kids were severely bitten by insects, later it happenned again in spite of disinsectants. Fresh juice for breakfast had to be paid for, no decent drinks for kids during the day, and if you are a coffee lover - do not even dream to go there - you will not find a simple espresso machine even for money. My 2 year old son still drank milk at night - so I hoped room service would supply me with that. It turned out - only for money!!! my kids were not sick once over the last year. In this hotel my son got mouth infection in the swimming pool, and neither slept nor eaten for 2 days and nights. After that he was sick 4 times, and had two courses of antibiotics. The kids' room was dark, dirty, and had no toys. The ventilator in our toilet never worked, and in spite of my requests it was never mended.
I wanted to speak to the Manager abt all that - not accessible - I was asked to put it in writing, and so I did. Though I left my phone number and e-mail address, I was never contacted. And do not believe it - they never send fruits and wine when you arrive!
The only thing that impressed me was their spa centre...

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family