Belconti Resort Hotel
US$344
US$535
US$516
Hotels.com
Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa(Belek)(Great Value!)
US$265
US$497
US$463
US$487
1,085 results
All reviewsgreen territoryoutdoor poolhotel staffadults and childrenanimation
Reviewed 13 June 2012

First of all I'd like to list positive moments:
I have stayed in Belconti for 10days with two kids. The rooms met my expectations and locations is nice, very close to Belek city center from where you can catch a bus to Antalya or other places. Food is generous as usually you would expect from 4-5 star hotels of average rank in turkey. Surely I would not expect for the price let's say high quality coffee, juices or lots of fish.But this is not a problem since plenty of food anyways.
Yes it is family hotel as recommended, however it does not consider that much comfort for children. The territory is narrow to walk and ride a stroller. The beach is very poorly taken care of, lots of small rocks that hurt children's feet and not very clean.
Room service would always forget something, either to leave a toilet paper or empty one of the trashcans.
Lobby and restaurant is very hot and humid, as if they are afraid to get high electricity bill...
I brought my sportswear, however once I used the gym it killed any motivation I had, it was so hot there that I swet in 20min of running as if I completed the marathon. They did not turn on air conditioning. Very few dumbbells. I guess this is not a problem for majority as people swim and relax outside, but personally for me and my husband it was a disappointment. Again this is not the main problem of course, since it is more about being outside.
I would say except the location and nice rooms for the price we paid I did not much like most of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank njchocolover
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Terrible old hotel, rooms are a waste of money they are just smelly and crap! Homeless people wouldn't even stay there. Staff can't speak any English you ask where the toilet is and they point to the restaurant. They are rude, un helpful and always looking pissed of. Rated 5 star but is truly a 1 star hole of a joint! Never stay there. !

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Botakk
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed at Belconti Hotel for 3 days with 5o other friends. We have to wait for the rooms to check in for hours, reception people were not friendly at all. They explained to us that people don't check out on time, so they act like there is no control system... Then when I was checking out, It was only half and hour late, I went to my room to get my luggage, I could not enter because the door automatically locks you out... So they had the system to empty the rooms.. They were terrible after all... But the restaurant people were almost perfect, I sent my special thanks to those people who made my stay pleasant...

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank PERVIN_USLU
Reviewed 26 January 2011

I stayed at the Belconti from January 3rd through 16th for business reasons with one colleague. Upon entering the grounds you can see that this 10 year old property has been let go, but keep going on to the lobby. Enter that and you see that the lobby is clean and decent. That is the end of the nice things I have to say about this awful place.
There is no key card system, you get a metal key attached to an over sized key ring. Upon leaving the lobby we tried to guess when the hotel was built, we thought late 70's or early 80's by the colourful gaudiness, dated fixtures and general wear and tear. We saw a plaque later that day in the lobby that said it was completed in 1997. The carpets in the rooms are dirty and worn. The plumbing and electrical fixtures are dated and in the case of the thermostat, patio door lock and shower head- broken. Cigarette smoke wafts freely through the hotel although it is "no smoking".
We thought perhaps there can be some redemption in the buffet....not so! Everything served looks like it came out of a can and was thrown in the microwave with the exception of the tomatoes at the salad bar and the feta cheese. Stick to these two items and in theory you should not get sick. About once every 3 days they have a new meat dish come out which if it is all white meat chicken you should eat that same day but not again after. My colleague and I were struck down by food poisoning by dinner the first night. Symptoms were a cross between the aches and chills of a fever with the headache nausea and fuzzy brain of a hangover. This poisoning took 3 days to fully leave our system. We noticed by that time that all old buffet items are recycled and turned into other dishes rather than thrown away. Bring a log book to keep track of what is or what may be new food at the buffet and note all old items to avoid!
Lets move on to the hotel service. Other than one courteous and attentive member of the waitstaff at the buffet who bore an uncanny resemblance to Mr. Bean, there was not a single member of staff in the complex who should so much as be within half a mile of a hospitality related establishment. Bartenders are loathe to give drinks despite the all inclusive wristbands on prominent show, the manager made it very clear he did not want to hear any complaints, the receptionist spoke selective English read- if we asked for anything from them he did not understand. The maids move arbitrarily through the motions of "cleaning" and often "forget" to leave the daily bottle of water that is promised by the hotel.
The walls are paper thin, the first two nights in our room on the 2nd floor in addition to food poisoning, we were kept awake by music blaring from the "Fiesta Bar" and "Disco" which keep the party and noise going all night despite not having any patrons past midnight when everybody goes to bed as the wristbands do not get guests food or drink past that point. We battled the manager to move us upstairs away from the noise. After describing that issue to him the first time he simply responded with "and?" We were forced to try again with the next manager who moved us to the 6th floor. While we were greatful for this move, we were dismayed to find that our new room had a broken thermostat so no heat or AC, a broken patio door and a broken shower head. To be fair they did fix the shower head and themostat but it did take several more trips to the receptionist and took even more time out of our work days.
There is something of a sadness that hits you when viewing the property from the lobby balcony. They had the right idea at the time of construction and intended to have a very beautiful property with amenities however in practice this company is simply unable to manage or maintain this facility. Perhaps with a $10,000,000 face lift and a takeover by a trusted hotel chain this hotel could shine, but this is a very unlikely scenario!
Please don't stay here. It is cheap but for as little as 20 euros per night you can take a big step up and have a truly nice holiday or business trip and it is absolutely worth it. I hope that I don't come off as stuck up in this review, I can deal with a degree of slack lodgings but these guys have taken slack to entirely new heights.

Also, be very skeptical of anyone who gave this place more than one star.

Thanks to all my fellow trip advisor patrons for helping the travelling community out with your reviews!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
11  Thank dbourne1966
Reviewed 18 January 2011

I stayed atthis hotel for 12 days all inclusive and it felt more like a prison sentence. Unwelcoming staff greet you with an all you can eat wristband which may as well have been a shackle. We started on floor two but were kept up until 3am with the music from the disco below us pounding through thte floorboards. When i mentioned to the front desk that we had been kept up until 3 am the last two nights their response was "and". I politely asked to move rooms and they obliged by placing us on the top floor. The good news was we could no longer hear the disco....the bad news was the patio door didnt close properly, the heater didnt work and neither did the shower. In fairness all three were fixed the next day following our 3rd complaint in 3 days.

This free'd us up to fully enjoy the two bouts of food poisoning that was to follow as a result of the buffet. A buffet made largely of rubber meats in sauces reminiscent of water mixed with oil and food colouring. The selection was so poor that one night all i could force myself to eat was stale bread and cold chips.

The gym was terrible, i used three pieces of equipment, all of which were either broke, or broke whilst i was using them. I then retired to the "hot tub" that wasnt hot and the luke warm steam room.

The water in the outside pools was green (yes green!) and therefore closed off. I did sunbathe on the loungers one day before being woken up by one of the spa staff offering me special prices on Turkish bath. I declined politely 3 times before impolitely declining when he started rubbing my shoulders!

On a final note the staff were unfriendly and clearly are unhappy to be working at the hotel. Or that is at least the impression they gave from their service.

It is embarrasing that this place is a 5 * hotel, it has potential to be a great place but it is so run down and delapidated it is currently operating at 2* quality.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends