“Fantastic early season stay - wonderful hotel!”

Voyage Belek Golf & Spa
Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 26 April 2011

Well, I really don’t know where to start on this review – We did a lot of research before booking the Voyage and we had high expectations which were not disappointed!

We arrived and had a very quick and smooth check-in and a golf buggy transfer to the main building with our luggage. We had booked a standard seaview room and as requested it was facing away from the building work overlooking the main pool. Even though it was late evening we had a fabulous view over the lit up pools and gardens.

The room was spacious with a proper kingsize bed, comfy mattress and bedding. A large daybed and coffee table. We had a mini bar which was stocked with soft drinks and beer, a room safe and toiletries in the bathroom, I was very pleased to see tea and coffee making facilities were also provided.

On waking in the morning we got to see our balcony and that fab sea view – it was really amazing as you can see from the photos.

Moving on to the rest of the hotel all the internal spaces are very nice, lots of sofas to sit on, bars spread out in different areas of the main building and at the reception area. If the weather is bad they were running live entertainment in the ballroom so watch out for this as I only found it by accident. Many of the outside areas were in the process of being opened however as we travelled in early April this was to be expected.

I was particularly impressed with the outdoor adult area which has wooden sun beads, chairs, the outdoor night club area and leads on to a part of the beach and the adult pier.

Even though it was early in the season I swam in the main and adult pools (16 degrees Brrrrrrrr) and these are great – the main pool is so big and has different sections to it. We walked through the gardens of the hotel but did not swim in the relax pool and the amphitheatre was still being done up for summer season so no outdoor shows.

Food wise we were very impressed, the main buffet restaurant has lots of choice and we thought the quality was very good, especially if you get your food from the grill section so it is freshly cooked; there are also many types of salad and lots of lovely deserts.

We ate at the adult only buffet and this had a lovely feel to it, slightly smaller choice but similar options to the main restaurant, I particularly loved the salads and smoked salmon in here and the Turkish breads fresh from the pizza oven! On five nights we ate in a la carte restaurants, the Italian, the French, the Chinese the Fish and the Greek, out of these the Italian, Fish and the Greek were our favourites. The Italian food was fantastic and the restaurant felt very elegant, good service which made us feel special, The Greek was the best fun and had a live band on and the waiters were brilliant :O) and the Fish restaurant by the adult pool was very romantic and the menu was delicious.

We found the Chinese was nice but nothing amazing compared to ones at home except the fried ice cream dessert which was great and the French food was ok but the night we were there it was a little lacking in atmosphere and the menu was a little boring for my taste (but this is of course subjective)

In addition to great food in the main building there was also lunch available from the pool bars and I have to say I liked the concept here, basically they have an open salad buffet and then do table service from a menu printed on the place mats, really nice to pop to either of these restaurants for lunch and they do have different menus so try them both.

On our 7th day we decide to go ahead with a planned upgrade to a deluxe/exec penthouse room and although this was 70 euros per night this was very nice. The exec rooms are around the same size as the standard so won’t be significantly better for more occupants than a couple but the bonus is a spa bath in the bathroom, a separate shower and upgraded bits like robes, tooth brushes, razor, toiletries etc. We especially loved the huge balcony with hot tub and sun loungers, table and chairs.

This room was in the opposite ‘finger’ of the hotel and had amazing views which extended over the beach and round to the mountains. It also felt very private and it was not over looked and had upgraded mini bar including miniature spirits, beer choices, crisps and chocolate. On our first day they also brought up a bottle of red wine and some special chocs – a very nice touch!

Over all we had a fantastic trip – I would love to go back to the Voyage maybe towards the end of the season to try out the outdoor facilities which we missed out on – A huge thank you to all the staff and especially Inci for her help before we travelled.

If anyone has any further question please feel free to ask or check out my ‘live from the Voyage’ post on the Belek forum as there is lots more detail in there!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Whibbletgibblet
There are newer reviews for Voyage Belek Golf & Spa

Reviewed 23 April 2011

This hotel truly is a little (big ) gem ,shame the weather didn't behave, but if your going to get bad weather on holiday there is no place better than this hotel, indoor cinema, ten pin bowling, indoor pool and loads more.
We arrived at Antalia airport to pouring rain, and left in pouring rain :)
with quite a bit inbetween, but we all agreed this hotel is fantastic.
I did have two little niggles so I will get them out of the way first.
1. When we arrived there was no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms. I had taken my own coffee and coffee mate (always do) so really just needed a kettle, so I went to reception to ask and was told the bungalows and the garden rooms didn't include this facility, so I asked if I could hire one, and the blunt answer was no.
Went in the morning after to the customer relations room, and hey presto no problem both our rooms had the full tea coffee and kettle tray delivered within the hour.
2. The restaurant reservation system,it meant I had to be in the room every morning at 9am. I rang on the dot every morning and only managed to book three restaurants,ok there were six of us, but I found it quite frustrating.
Thats all my moaning over everything else was spot on, the place gleamed, there were so many mirrors and lots of steel and not a fingerprint in sight. Well done to the cleaners.
The toilets down by the Aqua Park had one man stood outside all the time and as soon as you came out he went in with his mop and cloth !! it got that I wiped down all around the wash basin with the paper towels after I had washed my hands so I didn't spoil his lovely clean domain.
One thing that surprised me was we didn't have to wear wrist bands.
We have been to other A/I that didn't require them but they were isolated, this place isn't so don't know quite how they work it.
I have read about the wait to get drinks in the lobby, yes this can be true at busy times,but I have nothing but admiration for the waiting on staff who have to understand so many different languages,we had an hilarious incident when my husband asked for a dry white wine for me, when he returned with our drinks he placed one gin & tonic infront of my husband and three glasses of white wine infront of me, he thought we had asked for three in german ( they didn't go to waste )
The food was amazing even the children loved it.
When the sun did shine it was just like a big party in the park, this place is so green, with lush vegetation, beautiful plants,flowers and the grassy lawn areas all lovingly maintained, oh and I must mention the sculptures some of them are a little risque but great fun.
The building work next door caused us no problems whatsoever.
If the weather is looking a little iffy before you go,there are brollies in the rooms ( nice touch but one I hope you don't need ).
All of you that have booked this hotel you are in for a treat.

PS I will post some pictures soon but have found if I post them with the review it takes ages for it to be posted

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank netty10
Reviewed 12 April 2011

We have just returned from the Voyage from a two week holiday there. Almost every single aspect of the resort was absolutely excellent.
The accomodation was fresh, modern, well equipped, comfortable and very well kept - the housekeeping team were very efficient and friendly
Hotel grounds were quite extensive and very well kept, the complex is nicely designed with many interesting elements to discover during your stay
There is also lots of open space within the hotel with plenty of varied seating areas on both levels within the main hotel
The food was generally of a very high standard, the range of food on offer in the main buffet was quite exceptional, with only an occassional tough piece of meat or overcooked fish lowering the standard, the adult buffet had a more limited range (but still more varied than many other hotels) but did have a much more relaxed vibe. The service from the waiters and waitresses was also pretty attentive. The "a la carte" restuarants we sampled includes Chinese, Italian, Mexican and Greek and good quality, well prepared and nicely presented food was a feature throughout. Also should make mention of the pool snack bars and the patisserie which also aided in increasing our waist sizes!
The drink available was also excellent, very little in the way of cheap nasty local alternatives - mostly good quality branded drinks Coca cola, Sprite, Becks, Efes, Chivas regal, Absolut etc etc - never had long to wait at a bar and - again - table service was pretty good
The outdoor pools were cold (it was March!) but it was still warmer than Saltcoats in the summer!. Lots of seating/ pool beds available (some still felt the need to get the towels out early)
The beach area was very quiet still, and was a lovely place to relax listening to the sounds of the sea.
The indoor pool/ sauna area was excellent with good changing and showering areas and the gym was amazingly well equipped for a hotel, treadmills, cross trainers, bikes, full range of resistance equipment that put our local gym to shame - even has a Smiths press did get hassled a wee bit by guys trying to flog the massage packages but they were polite and took no for an answer
Lots of activities from the "animation team" including yoga, pilates, archery, air guns, darts etc etc all this plus crazy golf, table tennis, football, vollyball and tennis. Fot the more sedate there is a games room with cards and backgammon and a library with internet access
Live evening entertainment was provided in the Jazz Bar, but the night we visited, the quality was not so good. There is also a fine little cinema (a proper one) which shows a different film every night (in English with Turkish subtitles). There is also a nightclub for those who can manage to stay up later than us!
We went on one organised trip to some waterfalls, Perge and Aspendos - well worth the visit
The hotel is located about half an hours walk from Belek, lots of buiding work in the streets and all the shop keepers wanting to be your friend and give you amazing bargains on things you neither want or need!
All in all the resort was fantastic, we had enough to keep us occupied for the duration of our holiday, the hotel staff were very good with some of them being excellent and I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The best hotel we have ever visited. Travelled with mixed group from babies, teenagers to grandparents and everyone loved it.
The al a carte restuarants were all fabulous true 5* quality, the only one we didnt visit was the italian, it appears to only have small tables and not accomodate groups for some reason. had no trouble booking any using the telephone reservation system. Guest relations arranged booking for husbands birthday at the greek and that was wonderful, even provided a cake for free.
the planet bar is lovely for meeting up in and enjoying the premium drinks and cocktails.
Patisserie and icecreams available all day long - not good for the waist line but hey your on holiday who cares?!
Little funfair opens for couple of hours at night, with lovely child friendly staff. Shows mainly very good and professional.
The piers from the beach are the most relaxing places in the world, lovely thick sunbeds and the sound of the sea - terrific!
Didn't really use adult only area with having kids but went in there for fish restraunt and what a gorgeous area.

Overall would recommend to anyone and wish I was going back every year!

Room Tip: Take euros, the turkish are not interested in lira
  • Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank bscottjo
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We travelled in June 2010 and this was our first AI holiday. I had alway's avoided them because we enjoy eating out when away. Howeverm as this was our 3rd trip to Turkey and was for just 1 week, we decided to give it a go. We were not dissappointed. Travelling with our 11 year old son, this resort was ideal. He spent all day in the Waterpark, and we spent all day undisturbed on the Pier. The food was Fabulous. In the main restaurant, I would defy anyone not to find something that they like from the vast range of piping hot food. The restaurants were also excellent. No problem booking as long as you book sharp at 9am.

Rooms spacious, clean and of a high standard. All public areas kept spotless. Hotel shops VERY expensive - avoid at all costs. We took £250.00 in Lira - and struggled to spend that in a week. Any items that you buy are cheaper if you pay in Lira. You need very little money here as almost everything is included. One of the very few placed that includes Branded Drinks in AI.

Overall - EXCELLENT and RECCOMENDED.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank scotspride
Reviewed 22 March 2011

We've stayed two weeks in this hotel and we really loved it. That was the best vacation in Turkey we've ever had and believe me we have places to compare with.
Perefect choice if you are with children. That will be good times for them and for you as well as there are places which are only for 16+. We did enjoy leaving our two children with their grandma to have dinner in "adult restaurant" couple of times :)

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Kristussya
Reviewed 16 March 2011

We stayed at the Voyage, Belek for a week at the start of October. The temp was ok in the day but got a little chilly in the evening.

The hotel grounds and pool areas where spotless and very well looked after. We went with friends and we both have children aged 2 so safety around the hotel where very important to us.

The rooms were spaceous and clean.

The food options where fantastic so much choice never had a bad meal, there was a great selection of a la carte restaurants too, the Italian was my favourite. The only down side was the Childrens restaurant, it was the same food every night rice and those tinned hot dog sausages. Although the area was well look after the food was always cold luckily both our boys weren't fussy eaters so they just had what we had everynight from the main dining area.

In the evening there wasn't really much to do with the kids after the mini disco finished, we used to find a table near one of the bars and have a few drinks and play cards, it was nice and relaxing. There was a lively bar there and a nightclub.

Outside of the hotel there was a market and quite a few shops in Belek town, we took a taxi from outside the hotel it was only a ten minute drive and not expensive, we all walked back didnt take long.

Another day we went a bit further to Kadriye it was market day when we went, there were also a few shops selling "real genuine fakes" was quite fun negotiating prices. Also there I felt that you got so real a bit of real Turkey, when you are staying at an All Inclusive sometimes you don't get to see whats going on outside the hotel.

Over all we had a great time and would like to go back there sometime in the future.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family