“Very good, but not spectacular in winter”

Voyage Belek Golf & Spa
Ranked #6 of 89 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 2 January 2014

First time at this hotel, and before visiting I was reading all reviews and had high expectations! And was very excited.
We were here over Christmas, they don't celebrate Christmas. But Christmas Eve was a bigger celebration.
I agree with the last review about the waiters looking After more Russian and German guests. The female waiters never smiled and I felt we were being ignored several times, several times I had to get up and get my own drink from the bar, and I am female so I felt the drinks service was poor, and the staff were not happy to take orders from us.?
This is true for the main restaurant too on some occasions.
I will say we came across 2 waiters in the whole 7 nights that were friendly and they served us once!

On our first night, as we were finding our bearings, we ended up in the reception bar, and sat comfortably waiting for a waiter to come over for drinks order, there was no one else waiting, in the end I had to go to the bar, and Order our drinks! I went back to sit down, the bar man made the drinks and left them on the bar for me to get up and collect!! And he made one less drink!, so disappointed on our first night.

I have seen a lot of nice hotels, and this was just another all inclusive.
If you have not travelled much then this would be a good choice for you.
Please don't expect high end luxury, or genuine kind staff, I didn't.

The grounds are immaculate and the staff who clean and make everything's look it's best, work well.

There are some shops in the lobby, like bags,clothes,watches,jewellery,sunglasses,and few others.

The room was lovely and we had tea and coffee facilities, (take your own favourite tea bags :) lots of toiletries, bath robes,hair dryer but no iron is provided.

We used the spa, and indoor pool which was nice. There is a sauna and steam room, and turkish hammam.
We booked a treatment with the tripadvisor 50% voucher which is available at the moment, T&C apply!, like you HAVE to book your treatment on the day of arrival.
We booked a peel and foam turkish bath experience for 2, and it's was 35 euros. With the 50% off.
I found it weird and arkward, that the spa was located in the lobby, and we had to walk passed everyone in bath robes to get to and from the spa.
BTW, in the spa there is one hair dryer to accommodate so many people!!, the spa does not provide slippers or robes, so take them from your room.

The main restaurant had lots of food, but did get repetitive. I wish more Alcarte were open in the winter.
I found hair in my food twice,and experienced undercooked eggs.
By day 5 I had to tell the omelette chef, how to make a proper omelet!
We ate in the Italian which was lovely and excellent staff.
We ate in the Chinese which was ok, and one waiter serving 22 people, so bit slow service.

The adult pool is heated in winter,
The weather was hit and miss, mix of dry days, sunny once, rain consistence.

Overall, I would give this a 4-5 star rating, as the ratings are so high for this hotel, I bet the summer concept would be more appealing.
I have visited the susesi in the summer and the Maxx royal.

The Maxx royal deserves the number one spot, this is a 5 star ultra luxury hotel in Europe. A must visit if you are the type of traveller who is looking for the finest things. Couples and Family's alike.

Belek town center was open this time of the year(5 euro taxi or 20min walk) , lots of fake bags Etc.
Things are not cheap here, so expect a handbag to be about £150-220
Shop keepers don't barter that much either.
Antalya is a bigger town, where the locals shop, so things are cheaper.
Buses run regularly from the Main Street, turn left from hotel entrance.

I though I was going to write a short review, there's just lots to say!
Hope it's been a bit useful.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
10  Thank Taurus_World
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2014

Dear “Taurus_World”,

Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Your comments and suggestions are valued and were taken into account. We were glad to know that you liked hotel’s facilities, our Italian A la Carte restaurant and the holiday in general.

It was nice to know that you enjoyed the vacation and we would be pleased to see you at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa again.

Kind regards,
Anna Sevostyanova
CRM Support

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I will start with what annoyed me the most. AS MOST of the guests were either German or Russian. I felt like that the staff/waiters etc were trying very hard to please the German and Russian. As we had come from the UK, it was not very pleasant. for example, the waiters would gladly go to other guests and take their drink orders, where we had to keep on waving to attract their attention.AND every day we had a moment where they forgot about our drink orders but over all good. Might go again in the summer

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Kaizersoussee
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I booked Belek Voyage for a family get together after trusting TripAdvisor's excelent reviews. My parents had one room and me, my wife and our 4 year old son had the adjacent room. It was no mistake once again. It has got to be one of the best resorts not only in South of Turkey but also all Mediterrian. This is the first time I am giving 5 stars to everything. Please read my room tip as well. You can read about all included excellent meals, branded alcholic drinks like Chivas Regal, Jack Daniels, etc. in other reviews too. Which is worth the price you are paying here. Having said that, I would like to suggest for the next customer the below before she makes her decision:
Animation team including kid's club staff, waiters and waitresses, house keeping, reception staff, managers in short every single person in the resort was smiling and trying his or her best to serve. Now this is the infomous Turkish Hospitality at its best and it is priceless.

Room Tip: Bungalows are the best. Sea View Rooms are better since you don't need to walk to Restaurants, P...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mehmet G
betyblue, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Mehmet,

First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to share your feedback about Voyage Belek hotel. We are happy to know that we could make you more than satisfied with your holiday. We are looking forward to see you in our hotel next year as well. We wish you a happy New Year..
Voyage Belek Team,

Reviewed 16 December 2013

WOW - we stayed in the Laguna Duplex Suite, and it was WOW!! On arrival we were met by guest relations, with a bouquet of flowers! Never had that before. We were then personally shown around our Laguna suite.

Laguna duplex - 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms ( 1 with Jacuzzi bath, 1 with a waterfall shower ) 2 large flat screen TVs, 2 FREE Mini bars replenished daily. Kettle with tea and coffee, 2 Sofas, 2 balconys, the list is endless they are fantastic and highly recommend booking them. Wine and champagne was brought to our room, newspapers, cakes and fruit!!

Guest relation lady (sorry, didn't remember her name, so impressed with our surroundings) was fabulous and nothing was to much trouble. I was unwell on arrival with a bad chest infection, and she ordered the antibiotics over the phone, and they were delivered to my room in a few hours.

Food was good quality, and lots of it!! The all-inclusive was the best, with brand named drinks etc, even the vitamin bar was free! And it's the first time I have been to turkey were I can actually eat there desserts, they usually look nice but taste terrible, but not at the Voyage, they look good and most importantly taste good! Not good for my waistline!

The entertainment team were fabulous we played archery with Yenner, who even gave up his jacket for my husband! Fishing we had a go without success! And we played darts. There was activities going on during the day and entertainment at night. Cinema was on every evening, with a different film each day.

It was too cold for using the outdoor pools, but the indoor pool was very warm. Great facilities at the gym, which my son loved. Steam room, and hot beds were very relaxing.

We found everything to be perfect on this holiday, except the weather it was very cold and only started warming up the day before we were leaving. The Voyage hotel I would highly recommend you will not be disappointed. We will be returning, that is for sure.

Thank you everyone at the Voyage, for making our holiday a truly amazing experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Topmarks1

Goodafternoon,

Thank you for leaving such lovely comments. We are grateful to your for all your kind comments concerning our services and staff as well. Please, accept best regards from our staff. We are looking forward to see you again. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Yours sincerelyVoyage Belek Team,

Reviewed 15 December 2013

this hotel has everything you need in a holiday, what puts the cherry on top is the duplex lagoon villas , amazing food staff, the best holiday ive been on, the entertainment staff were great made my holiday feel special, as did the restsurant staff, if my holidays were like this every year would be brill

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays
1  Thank Emma K

Dear Emma,
We were very happy to read your feedback about our hotel. We are grateful to your for all your kind comments concerning our services and staff as well. Please, accept best regards from our staff aswell.We are looking forward to see you in our hotel in near future.
We wish you a Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.
Yours sincerely Voyage B elek Team.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

im sitting in my room on our last day now trying to think of something a bit different to say from all the other excellent reviews.
its been cold all week down to -2 at nights but still a few germans in the outdoor pools!
25 minute walk to belek but everywhere is dead as its out of season.
no tractor anymore and only 3 al a carts ..didnt see any daytime activities either again the hotel was pretty empty..we phoned at 11.30 for chinese reservation and got it..suspect we could have just walked in .not a fan of remembering staff names(they wont remember yours believe me) but they were all very friendly not sure this was genuine or they wanted your tips. didnt see any pie chart but my own eyes told me it was at least 80% german clientele. couldnt find our transfer at airport for a while not well signposted. got free upgrade from b block to bungalow which was very homely and actually bigger than the deluxe room we spent our last 2 days in. wifi just worked in bungalow..but superfast in deluxe.large screen tv in deluxe nice aswell. watched a few english footy matches in room or you could watch in the planet bar or card room.
tried the cinema in daytime film not advertised django unchained i was impressed with the cinema and the internet cafe lots of building work/renovations going on but didnt impact on holiday.new rooms look superb for next year. no chemist on site but they will order medication and send it to your room(if you push them) didnt get bored with food it was nice but not always hot. now my only big moan..NO ENGLISH PAPERS.but loads of german ones..asked why but didnt get proper answer. overall fantastic hotel and we would return

Room Tip: deluxe have best views but bungalows bigger
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Inci L, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear Trev1865,
First of all, we would like to thank you for preferring Voyage Belek hotel for your recent stay. We also thank you for your honest and open feedback concerning both the hotel and its surrounding areas.
The current choice of A’la Carte restaurants is limited in winter time because of the cold weather conditions as the rest of our restaurants are all places outside. The absence of tractor connection to Belek is also explained by the actual winter season in this area. As for the lack of English newspapers, they are not being offered on sale in the mini market due to lower occupancy not only in the hotel but also in the whole Antalya region (meaning all the original British and English –speaking customers). The foreign providers do no ship them fort his reason. Also, as you may also know, the Turkish edition of the English newspaper (Today’s Zaman) is available in the shop on daily basis. In addition to that, there is a current nationality chart on display on one of the desks in the upper Lobby of the main building, from where all the guests may see the daily occupancy of our hotel. You were right, that the majority of our guests in this perior is from Germany, but it is about %50-60 (is daily changing), and our British guests are on the second place. In summer season the majority of guests that are staying in our hotel are mainly British (ranging between %30-40). The other nationalities share the rest %60-70 in summer.
We thank you again for taking your time in writing your review. Please, remember that you are very important for us as a guest and we highly value your opinions. Our hotel team will be looking forward to see you again in Voyage Belek hotel next year.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

We visited this hotel late November 2013 and I must say this trip exceeded all my expectations. I read previous reviews to how good the hotel and it's staff are but I feel it was better than that. I work in customer service myself so I understand how important it is to keep guests happy but to remember all drinks orders and specials days in our lives was amazing. The entertainment team (Mitin and his team) were amazing they went out of the way to make my husband birthday extra special and it meant a lot to me. The bar staff were also very friendly and were always smiling no matter how busy it was( especially Oz he went above and beyond).
The hotel itself was also very clean. But I think the best thing about this hotel is the staff.
I will definitely be going back next year.

Thank you for making this an amazing holiday to the whole team at voyage.

Sapna and Sanjay

Room Tip: Sea view rooms will have WIFI no other rooms do.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Inci L, Guest Relations Manager at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2013

Dear Sapna and Sanjay,
First of all, we would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to share your feedback about Voyage Belek hotel. We are happy to know that we could make you more than satisfied with your holiday. We have also mentioned your comments to Metin and his team and Oz. It makes us proud to have such happy Guests as you. We are looking forward to see you in our hotel in near future. We wish you a New Year full of happiness and good health.
Yours sincerely,