“Better than all the rest”

Voyage Belek Golf & Spa
Ranked #10 of 88 Hotels in Belek
scotland
“Better than all the rest”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Well where to start is the question about this hotel as it is fantastic and hard to pick out the best parts as it is all great.
This is my TENTH visit to the magnificent Voyage Belek and never thought for one minute that it could get better than the last nine visits, but get better it did .
We had originally booked a Deluxe room as we had stayed in one last year and it was as it says Deluxe, but there has been a lot said about the Laguna Villas so we decided to contact the hotel just days before departure to see if it was possible to change our booking to the Laguna’s .We did not know until we arrived that our request had been granted for round about the same price .
When we arrived the first difference we noticed was that the reception desk had been moved and all the surrounding area had been decorated and refurnished to a very high standard, as was to be expected from this great hotel. Very nice indeed.
Check in was carried out speedily and highly efficiently and most important by very polite staff members who remembered us from previous visits. It is always nice to be greeted as a friend rather than just a visitor which is one of the things i really love about this hotel.
Our luggage was soon loaded into a golf cart, again by a very nice porter who also remembered us and off we set to the Laguna complex. Within minutes we were ushered into our villa which was to be our home for the next two weeks and as soon as the door was opened we knew we had made the correct choice. We decided as it was well into the night that we would just drop our luggage and head off for something to eat at the twenty four hour Bistro, so after setting the combination on the safe and depositing our passports and valuables off we went.
The Bistro is in my opinion is a great idea as it gives guests who arrive after the dining room has closed and those leaving before it opens a chance to get something to eat , a must for the likes of me who being Diabetic needs to eat at certain times in order to take my injections. They have a nice selection of food and we could have taken something back to the villa, but decided to have a sit down and relax for a wee while. I have been to lots of hotels in the past where if you arrive late at night you can’t get anything to eat until the morning so this to me is a real asset to the hotel.
The villas consist of two floors connected by a lovely staircase .Upstairs there is a double bed with a large sofa couch, nice bright white furniture ,wide screen television ,lovely decor with lots of mirrors and plenty of lighting which is a must for me being visually impaired .There is a dressing room and large wardrobe with lots of storage space . There is also a balcony and the air con can be controlled independentlyeven when the balcony door is open .There is also a large fan on the ceiling which is also very handy. The bathroom has a jaccuzi bath with a handheld shower and the usual pan wash hand basin mirrors and fitments . There is a large selection of male and female toiletries .The floors throughout the villa are clad with laminate flooring with some nice rugs here and there. There is also a very well stocked mini bar with miniatures of ,gin, whiskey ,vodka ,Raki , Millers beer , Efes beer , cans of coke, diet and regular, sprite ,orange , bottles of water still and fizzy, cartons of milk , chocolate and plain, cherry juice ,nuts , chocolate wafer biscuits which is replenished every day.
Downstairs has two single beds and one chaise lounge type sofa bed .There is a large wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and shelves and drawers. There is a large screen television and again lovely white furniture, lots of mirrors on the walls , large fan on ceiling and a mini bar stocked with the same stuff as upstairs, again replenished every day .The bathroom has an over head shower and a hand held one , again there are plenty of male and female toiletries, with things like , tooth brushes and paste, combs, razors and shaving cream ,shoe polish , shower caps, cotton buds all encased in lovely silver boxes. Both upstairs and downstairs have safety boxes and the doors upstairs are fitted with locks with keys so if you are sharing with say friends you can lock up your room.
From the downstairs balcony you can just step on the outside decking where there are plenty of sun beds which are made of wood and really sturdy, not like the plastic ones that tip you out on your head if you move the wrong way .The towels are all rolled up at the bottom by the pool man first thing in the morning and if you want a double mattress just ask and he will be more than happy to oblige. We were at the back looking on to reception which was lovely and quiet and peaceful. There were two long pools with a kiddies pool in the centre with slide’s with water cascading down over them and dolphins spouting water .All we had to do was step into the sun in the morning lovely. All during the day waiters would come round with, lemonade, fresh fruit yogurt ,drinks all in beautiful glasses ,bagels ,fresh scented cold hand towels ,they would also take your drinks orders. Even saw one bring a selection of magnum ice creams for a family next to me.
As part of the package in the villas you can order your breakfast the night before and room service would deliver it at what time you wish. We ordered it every morning and you could have normal or continental .Normal consisted of fried eggs, pancakes, bread, rolls, croissants , selection of cheeses, selection of cold meats ,fresh orange juice, selection of jams and preserves and all the other bits and pieces need for a nice breakfast .The waiter would take our table out on to the balcony and present my wife with a lovely red rose every morning before setting out our table, lovely touch. It was pure bliss sitting there in the morning sunlight, eating our breakfast. They also delivered the morning newspaper which was called the Zaman, a Turkish newspaper printed in English. We also got priority booking for all the Ala carte restaurants .They would phone your room and ask you if you would like to book an Ala carte, we made full use of this and visited all of them .There was large bunches of flowers in the rooms and large bowls of fruit and bottles of champagne delivered daily along with a selection of cakes , biscuits and sweets. There was a kettle and cups with a variety of different flavoured tea bags and sachets of coffee which we made full use of at night along with our lovely selection of cakes.
Just a two, minute walk took us to the snack bar which was lovely with all of the food being well presented and cooked .There is a nice selection on the menu with my personal choice being the pan fried haddock and the pizza’s .All of the staff in the snack bar, as in all over the hotel were fantastic with everyone from the lowest to the highest taking the time to say hello or good day ,but a special mention must go to Necati who was one of the cheeriest people I have ever met .As soon as you walked in to the snack bar he would greet you with a handshake and show you to your table .
When your glass was empty he was at your table with another .Some have criticised the type of glass tumblers that are used at the hotel ,so I decided to asked quite a few barmen and waiters why they used a lot of heavy thick type . They were all of the same opinion that these glasses were used so as to stop them being knocked over or blown over by sudden gusts of wind especially at the outside bars . There are lots of different types of glasses if you want you can have them on request. After I had asked Necati about this he started to bring our drinks in lovely stemmed glasses, but I told him the other ones would do us fine as it did not make all that much difference to us.
Right next to the snack bar there is another large pool with another kiddies with slides and rides ,really great for parents to have a snack while the kids played in the pools . Another special mention must go to our maid Yuksel, a lovely lady who was always happy and took the time along with her duties to pass the time of day and to show me pictures of her two young sons of whom she was immensely proud. Our villa was cleaned spotlessly every day with the bed linen and towels changed every day.
The facilities in the Laguna complex are for guests who are actually staying in them and are not open to the rest of the hotel. There was one or two complaints from guests who were staying there and witnessed others just walking in and sitting down and according to the staff there would e some sort of security measure being introduced soon.
The Laguna complex is like a separate village and you could quite easily spend a lovely holiday without moving out of it, but there are lots and lots of other things to do and experience at this fantastic hotel so I had to drag my wife out to explore all the new things that have been implemented since my visit last June.
Changes
The Voyage upgrades lots of facilities every year .This is one of the things I like about it and this year was no exception .I have returned to hotels where I have stayed before and not a thing has changed .Not so at the Voyage .
All of the bedrooms have been renovated , decorated and refurnished to a high standard and are lovely and bright.
There is a fruit hut down by the beach bar where you can go and choose what fruit you want from a large selection. It is all chopped up and you just take what you want put it into a large cup , take a fork and off you go .A whole lot better than before where you had to wait for the fruit barrow and stand in line .
There are also baby changing huts dotted around the place now and they supply swim nappies free of charge, great idea.
The football pitch is now surrounded by a large fence to stop the ball being kicked all over the place and the tennis courts have been re surfaced.
Another thing I noticed was the addition of handrails up the stairs of the amphitheatre , great for those who find it hard to climb them without the aid of handrails .
The children’s fair ground has been completely re located to the side of the mini club and is better laid out, far larger with more rides, lots more space and the surface underfoot is far better. It is also right at the toilets, which is a must for kids. It is open from 3-30pm - 6-30pm and 7-30pm -11-30 which means you can take your kids to the mini disco and then to the funfair. The mini club is opened until midnight which is great for some parents who would like a little night time to themselves knowing that their kids will be well looked after. It is one of the best organised I have ever seen and the children are not only entertained but are really looked after .When they are taken out to see such shows as the parrots they all have their details on cards around their necks and are constantly checked in and out of their seats. They take part in all sorts of activities like baking ,painting , dressing up ,games and lots more . Another great addition to the children’s activities is the trampoline’s and soft play climbing frame, where the kids can crawl about and play without getting hurt.
FOOD
The food at this hotel has always been fantastic and it would take me days to list it all, so I will touch on just a few things. Grilled sea Bass , grilled trout ,fried fish, steak, chicken of all sorts , lamb chops, roast lamb , roast beef ,veal , gigot chops . The seafood selection is excellent also with things like smoked salmon , prawns ,lobster ,crab, white bait ,smoked mackerel .Some nights on the way in the door you would be offered caviar and a glass of bubbly .The sweet and puddings are also excellent with a massive selection to choose from. We got the best of both worlds on this visit as it was the end of the strawberry season and the start of the cherry with mountains of thick cream. There is a chocolate fountain with marsh mallows and toffee apples. As i say i could go on for days about the food .
The adult restaurant is a lovely place to dine as it is well set out and brightly lit .The selection of food is a little less than the main restaurant but then you don’t have to push and shove to get your meals. The service in there as in all the restaurants is excellent and the waiters get to know what you drink and as soon as you walk in and sit down they will have your drink at your side .
All of the snack bars have a really good menu and it is nice to sometimes dine al fresco.
The Ala carte restaurants are all excellent with a nice choice of food .I ate in all of them on this visit, some twice and found the food to be really well cooked and beautifully presented. The service in all of them was excellent .I have heard one or two comments about the service in some of them on the forum ,but what you have to remember when dining in the Ala carte’s is the food in these restaurants is cooked to order and some things will take longer .I like to sit with a drink having a chat between courses and never found the service to be in any way slow. If you want to rush your food then you would be better eating at the main restaurants.
My favourite Ala carte is the Italian .We ate there on our wedding anniversary and had the full five courses .For my main I had the beef steak which was tender and really well cooked .After a lovely meal we were presented with a cake and bottle of champagne by the staff singing happy anniversary. Lovely touch.
My second favourite has to be the fish which is set up around the adult pool and a lovely setting to have a meal .The waiter comes around with a tray with all the different fish available on the menu for you to choose .I love the Halibut .There was four massive Halibut steaks on my plate and they were cooked to perfection. The starters are amazing in all of the Ala cart’s which usually consist of a meze of around twelve small dishes of different types of starter’s.
All of the other Ala carte’s are on the same level to me and I love them all. The Chinese is a particular favourite of my wife, so we went there twice this time and thoroughly enjoyed both visits. Have heard some comments about not having enough prawn crackers ,if the waiter sees they are all gone he will fill the bowl again if not, don’t be afraid to ask for more and they will oblige.
There is a BBQ held on a Wednesday with all the food served outside where there is seats and benches set up to sit at .They put a lot of work into this as it takes ages to set up and take down, but it is well worth it as the food is really well cooked and tasty.
All of the above plus the patisserie and the freezers filled with magnums, twisters, cornetto’s tubs and lots of other types of ice lollies makes this place a pure dream for those with a sweet tooth. The patisserie has a massive selection of cakes and biscuits and all you have to do is ask or point to what you want and the lovely girl behind will serve you with a smile .Then just sit and order what type of beverage you want with it and the waiter will bring it . As I said I could go on for days about the food in this hotel and still be unable to cover it all.
Another real favourite of mine is the Gozleme a large Turkish pancake with various fillings, savoury or sweet washed down with a carton of Ayran. Both of these are available at the counter next to the beach bar, if you want a taste of Turkey you should try these .
Entertainment .
There is plenty daytime entertainment for all and it would be hard to imagine anyone not being able to find something to do at the Voyage. All you have to do is to drag yourself off the sun bed or the bar stool and go do it .
Archery, shooting, bowls, darts, Volley ball, football, mountain bike, mini golf, water polo ,aqua gym, table tennis, tennis, basketball and lots of pool games .You don’t have to contact the entertainment team they will come around and ask you if you want to take part . The entertainment team do a fantastic job and try to involve everyone who wants to be .
Kid’s daytime entertainment
Crazy darts, horse riding, clown show, parrot show, pirates day, banana tour, kite flying, Pizza making ,mini golf. And lots more .
Evening entertainment is also very good with live music at the planet bar and family pool bar, karaoke, African dance bands, four seasons party, love party, pier party, illusion shows, acrobats, ice queen, comedy shows, Samba carnival, shadow theatre, magic shows, harem shows and lots more. If you don’t fancy any of that then you can always go to the pictures where they show lots of current movies.
This fantastic hotel has something for everyone and I could write a book about it .I understand that not everything can satisfy everyone and there will be some things that some folk don’t like ,but the massive positives at this hotel more than compensates for any very minor negatives. You just have to speak to the amount of people who keep returning time and time again to see how good this hotel is .Even spoke to some Voyage Virgins who were amazed at how good it is and who would return without any hesitation .There were still lots of groups of golfers there and never heard a raised voice or any sort of confrontation from them .We got speaking to a couple of golfers from Liverpool , who told us that they had played golf all over the world in places like Spain ,Portugal, USA, at the best courses and golf hotels in the world and they said that the Voyage had them all beat on price , food and accommodation and the courses themselves were second to none..All of these people cannot be wrong.
As I have said before the staff at this hotel are unbelievably friendly and cannot do enough for you, but my last word must go to the guest relation members and in particular Inci who is a lovely person who will do everything in their power to sort out any problems any guest may have …
I have already booked again for my eleventh visit with my family from August 28th for two weeks and cannot wait to be back there.
This review is based on my personal experience and opinion of this hotel and is not meant to contradict any previous reviews.
Peter

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great, but if you want to push the boat out book the Laguna Villa's .They a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
42 Thank bluepeterno1
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear “bluepeterno1”,

It was so nice to read your lovely feedback full with eulogistic words on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for your compliments especially dedicated to our staff and for your detailed description of our complex. We are glad that we could let you feel home at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa and that you already planned a new holiday with us.
It makes us happy to know that we could impress you with our improvements as well as our hospitality even at your tenth stay. Please be sure that your next visit will also be special and brilliant.
We are already looking forward to welcome you again.

Kadriye Özçelik CRM Support

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Millington, New Jersey
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed @Voyage Belek in 2012 and decided to spend our 2014 vacation at Voyage Belek as well. Wonderful hotel, super service from room, food, bar, pool. Special thanks to dining service personal as they accommodate my son who has allergy to nuts and tree nuts. They even made a special cake for him free from nuts. It was a great surprise for us and my son loved it. if you are traveling with kids, I do not think there will be any other place even get close to Voyage Belek. Looking forward to our Aug vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Dilek K
Dear “Dilek K”,

Thank you very much for sharing your nice feedback on TripAdvisor.
Every guest at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa is special and therefore we try to contribute to a memorable stay with our qualitative service as well as our hospitality.
We are happy that you enjoyed your holiday with your family two years ago and decided to revisit us. We are already looking forward to see you again.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Don't normally do reviews but this Hotel deserves my time!
This was by far the best hotel I have ever visited! So depressed to be home!
My husband came here golfing last June and has not stopped raving about it since he came again this May! I came for a girlie 4 days (Tuesday-Saturday) with 2 of my close friends one who works in the travel industry and she was amazed by it, we are booking again for next year this week! Every member of staff was top class nothing was ever any trouble even down to Security ensuring we arrived at our room safely in the early morning this we found was not necessary but was reassured in the knowledge that they would go this far!
Food, rooms, service you really couldn't find better anywhere else!
We had a ball as 3 mothers who wanted to relax but I felt my children were missing out as the entertainment, children's clubs, aqua park were fab I loved it so I'm sure my children would have! In the 4 days we ate in The Steak House and the Yaki Yaki worth the extra money!
If you are in 2 minds about booking this hotel then I can tell you, you will be missing out if you don't! I just want to be there now drinking cocktails!

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Annaburns10
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear “Annaburns10”,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback you shared here on TripAdvisor. Every positive review motivates us more to serve our guests and to maintain them an unforgettable stay at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa.
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your holiday with your friends to the fullest and have already planned another vacation at our hotel.
We are already looking forward to welcome you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Simply wonderful hotel. I do not have a bad word to say about it. we couldn't have been happeir with our choice. The room was beautiful and very clean, fridge stocked up dailly with fizzy drinks, water, milk and beer. Bathroom also lovely with great shower and bath. The whole complex is beautifully presented, well kept gardens, lovely beach, lovely restaurants (8 al a carte). Our particular fav al a carte was the Chinese and the Greek. All al a cartes are included in your stay and you can visit each one once during your weeks stay. There are two additional al a carte's that you have to pay a small charge for (we didn't eat in these ones but heard good things from people that did). Pool was lovely, we stayed by the adult pool as we travelled without children. There were unlimited ice creams available (magnums, twisters, calipos, cornettos etc). Cocktails were great too. International branded alcohol included too at no extra cost. Would definately recommend this hotel and will definately be coming back. This would also be a great hotel for people with kids. There is so much for the kids to do, water park on site, ferris wheel and other attractions on site and play area etc, mini golf, basketball and more. This holiday was worth every penny :) Thank you for a wondeful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank xHWxSCx
CrmManagement, Yönetici at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear “xHWxSCx”,

We were very happy while reading your nice review and your description on TripAdvisor. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to know that our efforts succeeded in unforgettable holiday memories of our guests.
We are looking forward to welcome and serve you again at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you go to this hotel you don't have to lift a finger. Fantastic. Beautiful food lovely rooms. Pools are great. Right on the well kept beach. And they serve the proper brand alcohol drinks too. I go every year love it.

Room Tip: Been in a few rooms all are very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sunbather01
CrmManagement, Manager at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear “Sunbather01”,

Thank you for sharing your experiences about your holiday at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa. We try to maintain our guests a special stay at our hotel and therefore we are happy that we could let you feel special.
We are looking forward to see you again soon!

Derby
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Most of the staff were superb - star performer was Hayri who was serving in the Adult bar by the pool. His service standard was outstanding and certainly treated our party as VIP's.

Already looking to book again for 2015.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Peter D
Dear “Peter D”,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are happy to know that especially our service and hospitality made your holiday excellent. It is nice to know that you are planning to visit us again. See you soon at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa!

Kind Regards,
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Returned a week ago from the Voyage Belek after a 10 day family holiday. I can honestly say we loved every minute of our holiday and would return in a heartbeat. I wrote earlier review whilst at the Voyage and wanted to sum up final thoughts.

Rooms - We were in A block overlooking the garden pool. Very quiet and location central to all amenities. Room was lovely and satisfied the needs of 2 adults and 1 child. We all slept very well for the whole holiday due to comfortable beds and effective air con. Air con was smelly and although maintenance came and looked at this on a number of occasions issue was not resolved. Did not have a detrimental effect on our holiday.

Staff - All so friendly and helpful from cleaning staff to check on to entertainment team. Must single out Necati at breakfast and Mehmet Ali at the pool bar. Enjoyed daily water aerobics with Olga and Rita. Both lovely girls. Staff sometimes struggled with Scottish accent and we sometimes received.drinks we had not ordered. Easily resolved though.....

Food - Amazing. Buffet is great for all meals but enjoyed pool bar for light lunch. A la carte restaurants are great. We tried Turkish, Italian, Chinese, steakhouse and Teppenyaki. Loved them all but steakhouse was our favourite. Well worth paying the supplement to.experience the amazing steaks in this restaurant. All waiting staff were great with kids and treated our daughter like a princess.

Entertainment - great variety and something for everyone. Maybe too many dance acts but enjoyed magician and BBI extremem. Slightly disappointed with karaoke as kids not allowed to participate although held in family pool bar. Maybe start earlier to allow.kids to have a go.

Drink - drinks are great and cocktails made with branded spirits. Cocktails vary depending on who makes them and we did have a few undrinkable green apple martinis.

Pools - we used the main pool nd unloved it. Large, spacious and clean with an abundance of sun beds. We easily got sun beds in prime spots around 10am every day. Daily pool games with entertainment staff were a good laugh.

The grounds are immaculate and a delight to wander round. Cleanliness across the whole resort is second to none. If you are considering booking the Voyage. I would say go for it, you will not be sorry.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank cazzaphinn
Dear “cazzaphinn”,

We want to thank you for your kind feedback and the nice description of our complex. It is nice to read that you enjoyed every minute at Voyage Belek Golf & Spa together with your family. It motivates us more to provide an excellent service when we read such reviews as yours full with compliments.
It would be a pleasure for us to welcome and serve you again.