“Not so good”

Ranked #6 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Bucharest, Romania
“Not so good”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I was at this hotel twice and the staf is not so frendly, the room service to the villa it was every time late, almost 1 hour to bring something. This hotel is not suitable for familys traveling with young children.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank AMarinoiu

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have been staying in this hotel for many years and each time enjoy it a lot. Actually there are 2 hotels of the same group (Gloria) next to each other (newly built Serenity and earlier built Golf) and to beautiful golf fields. This a clear advantage as territory of hotel is really big and lots of space for walking and jogging. Besides excellent food and fantastic service (always smiling and helpful) this hotel is the best place for families with little kids as it has many entertainment for kids of almost all ages. We tried many room types (both in Serenity and Golf) and finally chosen Corner Suite in Serenity. Though all rooms in Serenity are nice and spacious, this is really best value for money. Best part of it is a spacious patio with 4-people size jacuzzi and nice view over pine trees (starting from 2nd floor). Really recommend this place for relaxing-type of vacation.

Room Tip: Try to get Suite in the main building starting from the 2nd floor. There are not so many of those, s...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Alexander B
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Theree are a lot of excelent reviewes of this hotel therefore I would not repeat everything again. I stayed in the garden villa and it was good. The personnel is very attentive and friendly. The biggest disadvantage of the hotel is the beach. The baech has a grey (absolutely not white and yellow) send. The entrance to the sea is rocky and the water in the sea is dirty/mouldy.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kseniya K
Lancaster
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Stayed here as a group of couples in June. For the price I paid compared to other holidays I've been on I had high expectation. Plus our friends had previously stayed here and been blown away. However it didn't quite meet my expectations.

First things first the positives. Sunshine sunshine sunshine. If you want a week chilling by a pool/beach without the intension of travelling far this is great for you. Big resort. Lovely beach. Relaxing pool area.
Some friendly staff who didn't seem to stop working. Free mini bar. Unlimited food. Shows on each night. Cleanliness at a high standard. Restaurants you can book yourself are the best to dine in. Seafood and oriental restaurants are very good.

For me the spa was the best part. Lovely sauna/relax area. I had a treatment which was to die for. All the treatment rooms were lush. Great staff in spa. Health bar serving herbal teas etc A*.

Negatives. Yes there was room service all night long but it was the standard of a two star restaurant. The Buffett was as good as I've had in a hotel for half the price. The Turkish style restaurant you could book was poor. My friends had previously dined in the French restaurant for free, however they were charging 125euro a head. We were looking forward to this restaurant due to their previous experience so we complained and they allowed us to eat in the Gloria golf Italian. This was the best meal I had. I would recommend staying there as cheaper and that meal was much nicer.

The drinks were high quality brands Hendricks gin etc. However a large number of the staff didn't seem to be able to make a good cocktail. One even told me he had never made a Bloody Mary before. I'm sorry but when you are paying that much money they should be trained to make basic cocktails, which are on their own menu!!!

The staff have a team called the "angels" who were quite frankly pretentious and rude. I didn't see the purpose of them and quite frankly were irritating. When you are in a small area for a week continually seeing the so called angels bickering with each other it can really put you off a place. Would be better without them much more relaxing atmosphere. The barmen in the entrance bar were much more welcoming.

The night club is okay. Yet it made me feel a little trapped at the end of the week as there wasn't much choice in that department.

We did enjoy our stay despite these negatives. However I feel you could have as good an experience in any of the other Belek hotels but not pay over the odds.

Room Tip: Request one with a view. We had trees blocking any view for us
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank I_heart_travel_212
uttoxeter,staffordshire
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This was are second visit this year and are third altogether.We were a party of six this time including my parents.We had an excellent stay from the moment we arrived to the time we left.Excellent staff,facilities,food and extremely good value.We shall return again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank denand
Hove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2012

we have to give this resort an excellent rating as it was so outstanding in most things.we went as a family for 2 weeks,we requested a seaview room but were allocated a view of the trees on 2nd floor but after 2 nights we were moved to the 4th floor with a great seaview,the rooms are very good the mini bar is fully stocked including premium brands, the bathrooms come with whirlpool bath and separate shower.you can have 2 double beds(large singles) or 1 french bed (kingsize) only downside in room was the air con,which is not air con,its centrally controlled gets a bit hot at night.
the most outstanding part of the hotel for us was the drinks which were the best we have ever had you could have almost anything you wanted all premium brands,fantastic cocktails and kids drinks
the barmen as all the staff worked so hard and all would go that extra mile to please you .the food was good but a bit of a let down compared to other all inclusive hotels we have been too,there was plenty of it,but was quite repetitive,the ala carte restaurants were a welcome change to the buffets as the portions were very small but you could have 2 or 3 of each if you wanted and the quality was very good.
the italian and steak daytime restaurants were also excellent,and the nightime fish restaurant was outstanding.
the grounds of the resort were huge as its shared with the gloria golf resort where most of the kids pools and clubs are,you can use both hotels facilities but you pay 50% for any food or drink in the golf hotel.both hotels have piers going out into the sea with a great bar and super seating for lounging around.
the nightime shows at the arena were truly spectacular and professional and insomnia nightclub was also very good unfortunately we did not have very good weather but we always found something to do,we will return to this hotel but we hope they will improve the variety of food

Room Tip: ask for 3rd floor up if you want sea view
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank ianw349
Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

Stayed here last December and as I'm staying in Maxx Royal at the moment it's a good time to compare. The rooms here are fine and spacious although sometimes a fair walk from restaurants etc. The food quality for me was ok and could always find something to eat. They have a good concept if you are golfing that you can use your room card at the golf restaurants to charge to your room. However, and this is the real point, if you are staying on the standard Half Board basis at the end if the week there's an extra 300-400 euros if you have a couple of drinks and a few meals. So the real comparison for me is the value for money against the quality, and in this case it's not on my list to return. Maxx Royal is 10 times better in every respect: location, rooms, food quality, service and everything is included.
Just one last point if you are a golfer. I've been coming with groups since 2003 to Belek sometimes 4-5 weeks per year and if you are a golfer and want to relax on holiday then think twice about booking the Gloria golf courses. It's nice to see a double deckered driving range if you can actually find a place to use it!!! I have returning customers every single year when I used Maxx,(Montgomerie) and Sirene & Kempinski (Pasha & Sultan) but not one of the group visiting Gloria said they would ever return. The main reason being the hectic nature of the people here and on the overloaded driving range. That confirmed it for me... Gloria Serenity is just Ok.

• Stayed December 2011