So we have been at The Gloria Serenity for just over 48 hours, and so far not very impressed. I write this review with the hope that someone from the customer service team makes contact with us, and helps solve the issues, in which case I will be delighted to either delete or update the review.
have tried complaining at the reception, and to be honest no one really cares and you don’t feel you are being taken seriously with your complaints or someone is documenting the various issues, to realise that there are several issues with the service and things need to be fixed. By having to go public on this site, seems to be the only way to be noticed.
To start on the positive, the room is amazing. I can’t find any fault with the accommodation. We have a garden villa and it is great. I am here with my wife and three kids, plus another family (in another villa)
However, there have been issues around service.
1) At all the Al a carte restaurants – expect terrible service. Tonight we went to the Asian Restaurant. Booked at 8pm – ordered the food by 8.10pm. Thought wow…quick service. They offered us Sushi, followed by hot starters, then mains. The Sushi came relatively quick. However, the rest of hot starters came at 9.20pm! 1hr and 10mins later! We didn’t have time to wait for main course, as the kids wanted to go to the Show. I should point out they did randomly bring one of the main courses, before the starter! . We have had similar service issues in a couple of other Al a carte (don’t want to bore you on here with the details)
2) Turn down service. For those that have booked the hotel, you know this is not a cheap option when booking hotels! So though this sounds snobby…. One of the benefits of a nice 5* hotel is the turn down service. I don’t get it at home…but like it while away. After a day at the pool, you want to be able to shower, and then have all the wet towels taken away, and the wet floor mopped up, so all nice for the morning (now I have written this, I actually want to know why I don’t have this service at home!). On the first night from about 6.45pm, they kept knocking at the door. Every time I said , please come back at 8pm. They would knock 15 mins later. I did try to explain that turn down service was pointless pre shower, but they didn’t understand. Now worried, they wouldn’t come back, I called reception, and they ensured me they would turn up, and then not before 8pm every night for the rest of the holiday. I am pleased to say they did turn up on the first night…I was impressed. Second night…..no turn down service. So we have wet towels, wet floor and an unhappy customer.
3) There are two pools. One is sea water. I don’t see the point of swimming in sea water…that is what the sea is for. The other is a lovely pool that goes around the hotel like a river. However, it is like being on a dessert island. I am not talking about the serenity of it all (like name of the hotel), as that is lovely. I am talking about lack of service. There are no staff! There is one restaurant you can walk to, and get a drink….but no staff to serve drinks or ask any questions around the pool . For example, two of the sun umbrellas we had didn’t work….finding a member of staff was impossible. Finally, some man that looked like he was an electrician walked by after 3 hours, so we grabbed him and he fixed the issue. It is like they have put no staff in this area. It also does say a life guard is on duty…..but haven’t even seen him, and we are sitting by the kids area of the pool, which you would presume would be a good place to start.
4) While on the pool…when I turned up on the first morning, there was stuff from the day before still on the sunbeds (pile of wet towels, some dirty plates, and some rubbish still it the little bins)…. Why are there not people cleaning up the pool area (I guess they need staff for that to happen, which they are not ideal at!)
5) There is a soft play called Gogi Jungle. However, we have to pay to use it ! Though some people in the Gloria Golf, don’t have to pay for use it. It seems mad, that as customer at the more expensive hotel, you have to pay for such privileges, when others don’t.
Lets hope the rest of the holiday gets better and the hotel realise we are paying a significant amount of money to be staying here, and in return have high standards.
I am sorry to have write a review on a website, but seems the only way to be heard. It is now 11.30pm in Turkey (I think they are finally about to serve my main course in the Asian restaurant).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Destinology, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Gloria Serenity Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gloria Serenity Hotel Belek
- Gloria Serenity Belek