“Super hotel , lots of fun”

Ranked #8 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Just back from a great time at this great hotel. Arranged for private hotel pick up as hadnt visited turkey before and wanted to err on safe side. All arranged and waiting for us. A lovely 16 seater for the 5 of us, including car seat for our 2 year old and bottles of water. On arrival at the hotel we were met by 2-3 different people who escorted us to the impressive lobby and got us drinks while also informing us that the buffet restaurant was closing shortly, advising us to get the kids some food before coming back to check in, which i thought a sensible touch. We had a family suite in the main building. Was a great room . We put our 3 kids in the sofa beds , and we slept up the spiral staircase in the bedroom (maybe if you had really small children this staircase would not be advisable). There were plenty of toiletries, and a well stocked free minibar that was restocked daily . The hotel itself was well set out and for a large complex, nothing seemed more than a short stroll away unlike some resorts which seem to be a hike to the other side. For the kids it was great. The swim area for small children had a canopy above it protecting them from the sun, with a play area next to it.
The kids club itself was opposite, with lots of activities all day and lots of staff. The only shame was it started from 4 years old, but our 2 year old was welcome to stay and play if we were with her. We rarely use kids clubs as we like to spend our time on hols with our children and the head of the club approached us one evening asking if they were doing anything wrong as she noticed we didnt use it that often! She also dealt with 3 horror children, who had been allowed to run wild by their parents (attacking other kids and even other parents!!!!) throughout the day and evening by escorting them out of the club back to their parents upon complaints from other parents and having seen it for herself.
The slide pool was great fun and well used too, and the beach a decent alternative.
The best of the lot was the evening entertainment. For once the hotel took a different approach. Instead of having daytime staff that put on tacky evening shows, they employed acrobats and dancers that also had the skills to run daytime activities. That led for some terrific entertainment provided by the staff and external sources whilst ensuring daytimes were fun too.
The buffet restaurant included was ok, a lot of eastern european food which isnt to everyones tatse but it was fine.
For a supplement ( a whopping 5 euros per adult), you could use the 7 a la carte restaurants. This provided terrific variety but the food was only what id call decent quality, nothing extraordinary. Well worth going to though. The Mexican and the BBQ were our favourites.
Overall a fantastic time and we would definately return (something we have never previously done)

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Bookster
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2011

Dear Guest,

the Calista team thanks you for the excellent rating and hopes to see you and your family soon again in our house.

We are pleased inspire our guests with a wonderful atmosphere and excellent service.

We wish you well and send you our warmest greetings from sunny Turkey

Reviewed 5 June 2011

I traveled to Calista in May 2011 for a reunion with 50+ high school friends.

Things that I liked:

- We were in bldg 7. The rooms were top notch & very well appointed with brand new bathrooms.
- The large buffet in the main dining room always had fresh fruits, vegetables, and plenty of good food.
- The staff was super friendly and helpful
- They had activities all day long, ranging from Yoga & Pilates to Disco Dancing and live bands at night.
- The facilties were beautifully kept and clean
- The beach was very clean and there was plenty of beach chairs & umbrellas available
- The pools were well kept, clean, and nice
- The spa was very clean and comfortable.
- The Turkish bath massage was fantastic (ask if Sara is available for that)
- Even though we weren't travelling with kids, It was a family-friendly resort and there were plenty of kids of all ages there having a good time
- They are environmentally-conscious and have recycling bins all over the resort
- Very nice facilities and buildings
- Great bar at the end of the pier in the ocean
- Very nice soccer, basketball, and tennis courts
- all inclusive, I never reached for wallet other than tipping Spa

Things that could use improvement:

- The food at some of the a-la-carte restaurants was sub-par
- Towels are not available at the beach. You need to get the towels from inside the resort. If you forget to get them on your way to the beach you have to hike all the way back.
- Some of the staff members did not speak English (very few)
- Walking from the spa front desk to the Turkish bath, you have to walk by an indoor pool and Jaccuzi. The floor is very slippery at that point if its wet. I almost fell twice.
- Jaccuzi mentioned above has cold water!
- Steam room opens at 2 PM

All in all, I was very happy with this resort and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank reza5240
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for the good evaluation of our house. Our team is always happy about good ratings from our guests and becomes even more motivated and inspired to improve our first-class service constantly.

Our staff takes every morning towels for our guests on the sun beds in our pool area. During the day, fresh towels will be available in our towel - desk between the beach and pool.

Our staff will try to help our guests in Turkish, German, English and Russian language and to fulfill any request.

We are pleased that you have spent a great holiday in our hotel and hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

My family and I stayed at the Calista Resort, May 20-29. We are a family of five, children ages 3, 3 and 1. Calista is listed as an Ultra Luxury (all-inclusive), otherwords, the best of the best. I would class luxury as St. Regis, Shangra-la, Le Meriden, Trisara, etc. Although Calista is nice, it is not to the same class as the aforementioned hotels. Here are a few comments regarding certain aspects of the Calista experience:

Reservations: Super! When I called the hotel for a reservation, they were extremely helpful and gave us a better rate than the ones listed over the internet.

Check-In: Great! They had arranged a family suite for us, but after viewing the room (and the steep stairs (our 1 year old went straight for them), we opted for a standard, one floor room, which was adequate for our needs.

Standard Room: Typical double hotel room (with twin beds) and a fold out chair. We pushed the beds together, had a cot for the infant and had enough room for the five of us. There is no iron or kettle in the room, but the minibar is stocked daily. Wi-fi internet is advertised as available, but we were on the third floor in the main building and it was not available in our room.

Restaurants: Although this is all-inclusive, the al la carte restaurants are not free. There is a 5-10 Euro per person charge. We tried them all and these are our thoughts....
Japanese - Excellent staff and great food.
Fish - OK, but if you want shrimp or lobster, it is 100-150 Euros additional. My Husband had the steak and it was very good.
Turkish - OK
Italian - Horrible. We arrived at 7 pm, left at 9 pm after only receiving our starter. With three toddlers, this is too long.
Mexican - Excellent. The staff were fantastic and the concept is very good.
Main Buffet - OK. Can't say it was bad, but nothing to write home about either. Very busy as well.

Kids Club: Great! The staff were fantastic although it was a bit disappointing our children were too young to participate in the activities (4 years is the minimium). The Kids Disco is a must. Our kids are very shy, but loved getting on stage to dance with the other kids. They also have a kids buffet set up for lunch and dinner which is ideal to take your kids prior to going to a restaurant in the evening. This along with the help of three Ipods enabled my Husband and I to enjoy our meals.

Spa: I had three separate spa treatments. The traditional Hammam followed by a gold flake massage, Indian Head and Body Massage and the Chocolate wrap. As I have had these treatments before, in comparision, they were average. If I had to do it over again, I wouldn't due to the high cost. What I didn't realize prior to the Hammam, was it is a mixed-sex Bath, thus I ended up lying next to a large naked russian man. Needless to say, it wasn't the relaxing experience I had anticipated.

Gym: Nice, but is only open from 8 am to 8 pm.

Hotel Shop: Avoid!! We ran out of diapers and were forced to purcase some from the hotel shop. For 36 pampers (the smallest package), it cost almost 60 US dollars.

Hotel Staff: We found all the staff at the hotel very friendly and spoke enough English to get by.

Hotel Guests: There are a lot of Russians, but we didn't find this to be a problem as stated in previous posts. We enjoyed the interaction with all the different cultures.

Check-out: Disappointing. We were charged the surcharge for the Italian Restaurant and when I pointed out that we never received a main course, it was ignored. As the Manager was not available and our airport transportation was waiting, I reluctantly paid the charge.

Hotel Airport Transfers: Very expensive, but comfortable. I would arrange transport through one of the many private companies prior to arrival.

In summary, although it is classed as a five star resort, if you were to compare it to five star resorts in the Caribbean, it would be classed as a four star. For the advertised rate of 700 Euros per night, you can get twice the room for half the cost.

Room Tip: Call Hotel Reservations on-site
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank mlbrown

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the evaluation of our house. Our team is always happy about ratings from our guests and becomes even more motivated and inspired to improve our first-class service constantly.

We are happy to provide our guests with a charged kettle for the use in their rooms. Other rented equipment such as strollers, high chair, carrying bag ... are available for our little guests.

In our a la carte restorants you can have in wonderful atmospheres a fabulous dinner to a reservation fee of 5 € per person. Fish, Italian, Mexican, Japanese or Turkish each of our guests should be find something. The buffet in our main restaurant is populated by our excellent cooks with more than 200 delicious.

Our Kids Club begins at the age of 4 years. Our team is also happy to be there in the presence of the parents for younger children . Furthermore, we offer you a paid baby-sitting for our very young guests, so that Mum and Dad can even spend time together.

We are happy to give you a little insight into our guest structure: 45% Russians, 38% Europeans and 17% from the Middle East.

We hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 5 June 2011

We stayed here in september with our friends from England and it was superb. Good food and friendly staff.
The restaurants are a nice break if you like your food to be served, instead of getting your own.
I went to the SPA to have a massage and it was great, I even got rid of a tension knot on my back that they couldn't get rid of at home!
We plan for another stay in October.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lorenzo_7777

Dear Guest,

the Calista team thanks you for the good rating and hopes to see you soon again in our house.

We wish you well and send you our warmest greetings from sunny Turkey

Reviewed 4 June 2011

I have spent unforgettable 5 days in Calista Luxury Resort with my friend.I would like to mention that I have been to many 5 star hotels in all around the world but only in this amazing hotel staff make you feel as a special guest. Excelent service,friendly team,cosy atmosphere on recepcion,public areas and rooms.Fantastic SPA center ,exclusive coctails in the modern bars,delicious food especialy in A la Carte restaurants, in one of them I had my Birthday Party. I would love to thank General Manager Ali KIzildag and all member of staff for such an amazing day !!!! Which was full of surprices all day long!
You made my holiday such a special!!!!
This place is worth to get back again !

From London with love,
Anastasija

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anastasija13
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2011

Dear Guest,

we are delighted that you have had a fine birthday and wonderful days in our house. Nice that the days has become special ones for you and will be remembered.

Our team thanks for the good rating and hopes to enjoy you again soon with our excellent service.

With sunny greetings from Turkiye
CRM Asstistan

Reviewed 3 June 2011

Stayed with my gf 10 day. I have guluten allerji. At the c-in they give an special allergen card. In restaurant one person during I take food, he helped, gives information which food have guluten. This service I didn't get before from any hotel. And they showed me their food micro biology laboratory, they control every risky foods. Don't know, but I think no one other hotel have this kind of service. I am writing from mobile , can't write allot, but shortly I can say, many food and delicious, non stop entertainment, many shows, every week 2 time party, in same time in 2 different place live music, 6or7 a la carte restoran, bar on pier... Can't explain all, we will come back for 2 or 3 week soon.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Girkandry
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed at the Calista in May & September last year. We wanted to return in May this year but unlucky for us it was booked up. We went to another 5star close by, but it was a nice hotel but nothing in the class of the Calista. What makes it so fantastic? The General Manager who s attention to detail is second to none. He is very approachable, sociable and friendly and makes all the guests feel very special like VIPS. We have stayed in many 5star hotels in Belek but the Calista by far the best. Everyone goes that extra mile to make your holiday one that you will never forget. The rooms are large and bright. You have no need to bring any tolietries with you as everything is provided including toothbrushes! Girl things and Boy things. The A la carte resturants are wonderful but there is no need really to use them, as the food in the main buffett resturant is fantastic,
The Calista is without a doubt the most beautiful hotel in Belek not only on the outside but on the inside to, and that is because all the staff who work there are helpful, kind and polite. Nothing is too much trouble for them. What a wonderful holiday you will have when you go to the Calista, and like us you will return again and again!!!

Room Tip: be polited and ask for what you want.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kathleen016
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

Dear Guest,

thank you for the excellent evaluation of our house. Our team is always happy about good ratings from our guests and becomes even more motivated and inspired to improve our first-class service constantly.