“In the main very positive but be careful which room you are allocated.”

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Belek
Scotland
“In the main very positive but be careful which room you are allocated.”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Just returned from 9 nights at the Calista with friends.
As has been noted the hotel is very attractive with all amenities on site. The bars were good with all premium brands availabe.
The staff were almost all very helpful and attentive.
As there were nine adults in our party we took the decision to eat in the a la carte restaurants each night. While I am sure the buffet was vey fine we felt it was more relaxed in the speciality restaurants. The Sakura Asian restaurant was our favourite food and staff excellent. The only one to which I would attribute negative comment to would be Timo the Italian restaurant. Maybe we were just unlucky that night but the service was poor and the food at best average.The barbeque was fun.
My only serious gripe would be the room although as has been commented many times you don't go on holiday to spend hours in your room.
The bedroom area was not nearly as spacious as noted on the web site. Ours was compact with no bed end sette which is noted as standard. A biger letdown was the bathroom. We anticipated that a hotel which markets itself as luxury would have separate walk in shower cubicles. Ours in fact had a shower hose attached to the bath taps. To add insult to injury the shower head was the smallest and least powerful in any hotel I have stayed in. The flow was so insiped that we were required to stand so close to the end where the shower was located that our knees were up against the taps!
Our friends who also booked standard rooms did have the benefit of a much larger bedroom area together with walk in shower.
I would advise that you clarify matters with reception at time of allocation if this is important to you.
We were situated in room 2422.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank killiepie
akaya, Front Office Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for your kind evaluation. We are pleased that you and your friends enjoyed the stay in our house.

Our rooms are all equipped with luxurious furnitures and have a large and luxurious bathroom. We want that our guests feel at home and comfortable in every corner of our house and enjoy their stay.

Our team would like to thank you again for your entry. We hope soon to welcome you again.

Sunny greetings from Belek

crm@calista.com.tr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
belgium
Reviewed 29 June 2011

It was the first time we visited Calista luxery resort but surely not the last time.
For us this it's the best all in clusive hotel we ever visited and i can asure you we go 3 times a year on vacation.The food is delicious and there's choise enought for everybody on different places all over the hotel. The special restaurants are incredible and the food is delicoius and the plates all nice presentated. In the hotel there's thought about everything to make your vacation perfect. Quiet places to read a book, noici places to have fun sports pocibilities for everybody. A very good spa center to relax and have good massages. Great parties and shows. For the kids it is a paradise as well. This hotel is perfect and I surely go back, I want to thank the management and the whole staff for the perfect vacation they've given us. " thank you "

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vivianedesmedt
akaya, Front Office Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 1 July 2011
Dear Viviane,

our team would like to thank you most sincerely for the excellent rating.

We are very happy that you've spent so beautiful days in our hotel and hope to welcome you soon again.

Sunny greetings from Turkey

Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Do you know the feeling when returning to a hotel where you've been before ? You hope it will be as good as last year, but you never know....
No problems in Calista, they keep their standards high and try to improve. So instead of finding exactly the same hotel, we noticed many (smaller) improvements, which nevertheless were appreciated. The "All-inclusive" formula really is to be considered as very complete and in some cases it becomes nearly a personalized service. A special mention for the friendly personnel, the lovely animation team and.the splendid evening shows

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank vuurvis
akaya, Front Office Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Dear guest,

thank you for your excellent review. We are very pleased to read good reviews from regular guests.

Our team would be pleased to welcome you back next year and may be sent you until then

very warm greetings from sunny Turkey

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This hotel was Superb and unique in design. The service was excellent, good food, very attentive staff. I was suprised at the very wide range of drinks at the bars all inclusive. The entertainment was not quite as good as expected on the first week. A great show on thefirst night but then a lot was based on disco themes)i.e party, party. However, the following week had more proper shows and very good. Now for the BUT!.This is information for people from the UK. You may find yourself alone. 99% of the guests were russian (not very polite), german, eastern european. They also seemed to have bought many very young children with them.I mean babies,which of course means a lot of crying. This was not good, particularly in the main restaurant.Maybe the children were free or allowed a big discount. I did book one night at one of the A la Carte restaurants but cancelled when I saw children under 6 were free. I am NOT racist or anti children but this did spoil our holiday. I must say that many of the staff spoke good English and in particlar IBRAHIM and SABAN at the pier bar and HUSEYIN at the black bar were very,very good and I had many conversations with them all. Finally I must say that everything else in the hotel was great and with an adults only bar, would be even better.

Room Tip: A standard room with garden view was fine
1 Thank GEEMANGEOFF
akaya, Front Office Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Dear guest,

thanks for the review of our hotel. Please allow us at this point a short overview of our current guest structure:

43% russian guests
39% of European guests and
18% from the Middle East.

For our little guests we have a large children's club, which allows the children to take their meals there and not in the main restaurant.

We are pleased that you have spent wonderful days in our hotel and we would be happy to welcome you again as our guests.

Sunny greetings from Turkey

london
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We had the most brilliant holiday at the Calista, no complaints whatsoever from the bar staff, the waiting staff, reception staff, in fact everybody was wonderful. Food was plentiful and well presented and grounds and pool immaculate. All I can say maybe to the person who forgot his belongings, maybe you should be more careful with your personal possessions and not expect everybody else to look after them for you!!! Just a thought. I hope nobody takes any notice of him. Well done Calista, a truly remarkable holiday

1 Thank aliciablack
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
Dear guest,

the Calista staff thanks you for your excellent entry. Our team carefully read each entry and of course especially pleased about such positive items as yours.

We wish you all the best and hope to see you soon again.

Kind regards

Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I went to Calista for a business trip and i stayed at the hotel for three days. The hotel is really large and a comfortable place but there are lots of problems about the management of this huge hotel. It is easy to build such an expensive hotel but the most important thing is managing this place carefully and succesfully. I forgot my personel gear in my hotel room and i realise it when i arrive home.The nightmare began specially after this moment. I called the hotel for my complaint but they were totally insensible about my problem. I talked to nearly 5 person during 1 week to explain my problem. At the end, after one week customer relations department called me and they said they couldn't find my swimwear. I have stayed lots of premium hotels in Turkey and this is not the first time for me to forget a personel gear in a hotel. Hillside Su Antalya sent my personel gear to me after 1 month i realised that i forget. This a major responsibility for a hotel to hold such items carefully. The girls in the front desk were really insensible about problems, they don't care. They don't even listen your problem. It is hard to communucate them. If you go to Calista check your room carefully before check out otherwise you may face this problems like me. I 'm lucky that i forgot only my swimwear not my watch or notebook.There are many good alternatives and lots of premium quality hotels in Antalya Belek area that minds customer satisfation.You can't even face such problems in a pension or hostel. So in my opinion Calista is a poor choice.

P.s: I wrote my complaint also to Turkish traveller reviews but my review was erased by the directions of Calista hotel management. This is a tue story and it is really a shame for the hotel management. They are aware of this shame and as i understand they order to erase such missing gear problems in Turkish traveller's websites ( said by respresentative of Otepuan.com). I read the other reviews in trip advisor and i saw Adem Kaya( CRM Assistant)'s responds. He also sent me an e-mail, and apologised for the problem. I acccepted his apology but everyone have right to know such problems because people make choices by reading reviews and such feedbacks.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
15 Thank krmd
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2011

WOW – what a place! From the moment you walk in it’s 5 star.

Rooms – We had a standard room and were lucky to be given one in the main building overlooking the main entrance and car park (room 1200) – this might sound bad but it wasn’t – we didn’t get any noise and had great views over the countryside. It seems like most of the rooms in the main building have double beds (they call them French beds) instead of twins. The rooms themselves are modern, well furnished and well maintained. Plenty of wardrobe hanging space and adequate drawer space. The mini bar gets re-filled daily.

Guests – During our stay I’d say probably 80% were Russian speaking (Russian, Latvian, Serbian etc), 10% German, 10% others (very few English speaking) – this was not a problem unless you like to socialise with other guests. We were there at the start of June so there were very few school age children and lots of pre-school age children who were very well catered for with the Kids’ Pool, Kids’ Club during the day and Party/Disco in the evening.

Staff – All polite and very helpful though few speak much English so you may have difficulty getting understood. Judging from other reports it must be luck of the draw whether English speaking staff are on duty when you want something - we must have been very unlucky.

Entertainment – During the day the entertainment team work hard offering all sorts of activities, in particular Mohamad. Most evenings there are professional shows of high standard (The Mongolian Acrobats and Moscow Kids Circus were particularly good).
Food – The Bellum is the main restaurant – the food is good quality, a reasonable variety and well cooked but it’s very Turkish and may not be to everyone’s taste who prefer British food (no full English breakfast). However in the evenings there are 7 A La Carte restaurants – More (fish), Sakura (Chinese/Japanese), La Carne (South American), Turkish, Timo (Italian) BBQ and Elegance. You pay 5 Euros per person for any of the first five, 10 Euros for the BBQ and I think 25 for the Elegance (difficult to get a booking). We tried the More, Sakura and BBQ – the first two were excellent and worth every cent of the 5 Euros, we wished we’d booked an A La Carte every night. The BBQ was very disappointing – it was almost the same as you got in the Main restaurant – I can see no reason for charging 10Euros for it – very poor value for money. You may need to book some of them several days in advance. Looking at other people’s reports on the food and restaurants it looks like “one man’s meat is another man’s poison” - in the figurative sense of course!

Any hotel extras like the A La Cartes are priced in Euros as are many of the tourist shops and the Airport Duty Free so if you have any Euros, take them with you. US dollars are also taken.

Shopping – There are shops in the hotel which were fairly expensive. A short taxi ride away is the FORSA shopping centre (aimed at the tourist), you can pick up a taxi outside the hotel and haggle with the taxi driver from 25 down to 15 or less Lira for the journey there and back. Again many of the shops price their goods in Euros or US$- sometimes it only becomes apparent when you come to pay. Kadriye is the nearest town and is only good for one thing – fake goods. A 20 Lira taxi ride will result in you being taken to a shop where you will be shown fake famous names clothing, only when you have chosen what you want will the price be mentioned - whatever is first asked for, offer a quarter of it and settle on up to about a third of the original asked for price. For £10 Thomson offer a shopping trip which takes you to a jewellery factory, Turkish delight factory, leather factory then on to Antalya for a stroll around - a good day out as long as you don’t mind the shopping! The trip was made even better by Frayer - Thomson’s coach trip rep who spoke good English, was really delightful and knowledgeable and she even stopped to buy strawberries which she handed around the coach.

Thomson hotel rep – Rhiannon – A charming and friendly young lady who had only been at the resort for six weeks, so she wasn’t very knowledgeable about either the hotel or the surroundings. She didn’t come to the hotel very often but was available via phone.

Pools – I have no idea how full the hotel was but there were plenty of sun beds so unless you wanted a very specific position there was no need to reserve them. The beach was a similar situation, though most of the front row sun beds were taken early. They have changed the towel system – now they put a towel on the back of each sun bed by the pools and they have a supply of towels on the beach.

2 Thank WhereWeWent
akaya, CRM Assistant at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this review, 15 June 2011
Dear Guest,

a big thank you from our team for the excellent and detailed review. It's always a pleasure and motivation for us to read good reviews.

Please allow us at this point a little insight into our guest structure:

at this time we have 47% russian guests, 39% European and 14% from the Middle East.

Our staff is always ready for our guests in English, German and Russian to help and to leave nothing to be desired.

In our main restaurant our excellent cooks prepar daily more than 200 international specialties, so that each guest finds something for everyone.

To increase the comfort of our guests we have had a short time a new towel system. Our staff takes every morning towels on all sun beds, these can be changed during the day for fresh ones.

We hope soon to welcome you again in our house

Sunny greetings from turkey