“Amazing!!!”

Ranked #10 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 5 August 2014

...I really do not know from where to start!!!
My wife and I are still in this beautiful place, trying not to think about next week when we should go back home!
We were in four different five star resorts in Turkey but none of them is even close to Calista. I don't understand those who try to emphasize that majority of guests are Russian... That is really not a topic here because hotel management is trying to suit everyone and to make your stay comfortable as much as possible...
All employees in Calista are nice, always smiling and trying to answer to all your needs, especially guys in Black bar and Brezza! In every corner you can find cans of cold soft drink, water, ice cream boxes, there is food literally everywhere... In main restaurant you can find various kinds of food, fish, all kinds of meat, pasta, salads, turkish delights and all is extremly delicious!
Room is clean, spacious with huge comfortable bed. In the bathroom you may find all that you need - even a weight scale so you can keep track if you go mad with food :)
There is no need to wake up early to make a reservation of loungers, only if you prefer some exact spot... We didn't bother ourselves with that... Pool and beach area are both beautiful so we enjoyed them equally.
Not a word anymore - You should come and see for yourself!
P.S. Only one note - we couldn't set time on our AC unit in the room, so we couldn't shut it off automatically during night. I tryed to explain that problem to the receptionist but either he didn't understand me or that problem was not manageable...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vladda77
Write a ReviewReviews (1,661)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Spent a week here on business, to be honest, it's probably off the scale for a family holiday but it just oozes luxury. From sailing to jet ski and beyond, all part of the hotels equipment. The hotel next door tells a sad story, obviously went bankrupt and is in a bad state. It's huge too! Anyway, don't let that put you off, if you've got plenty money, and you like Turkey, come here. I do find the Russians behaviour pretty ignorant though. So, if you like Turkey, and Russians and have plenty money, come here. I don't like Turkey, Turks, Russia, Russians or not being able to walk anywhere. I do like luxury and fine things though, that's why I liked this. Pity it's in Turkey. And full of ignorant Russians. One thing, the Russian girls are all like models, really nice to look at. But all mad!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Anthony B
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Anthony B,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.
We are here, reading this review scratching our heads as to be honest, we do not know where to start :) as you had stayed in November, we may have had a couple of football teams from Russia, as well as Singapore and Turkey, but we are not sure what you have against Russian Guests or Turkish Guests, Turkey is full of history and Calista is right in the middle of it all. On the right of Belek is Aspendos and Stunning Waterfalls, and the left is Demre, Kekova and Myra, a small fishing village where St. Nicholas is known to come from.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Calista Luxury Resort, should you change your mind about Turkey.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

we chose calista mainly based on good reviews written here and we are not disappointed.
Calista luxury resort provides you with everything you need for a relaxing beach holiday.
The pools and gardend are great .the buffet restaurant was good with plenty of choices.
The rooms are large enough and clean.we had a garden view room on block two in front of beautiful golf courses.it was very quiet and relaxing. We were first given a room overloking another block without any wiew of garden or pool but the reception kindly accepted our request and changed our room.
The only complaint i can have about calista is that english was not spoken frequently in their entertainment programs and the personnel were not so good in understanding or talking it.they asume that you are either russian or turkish.They never bother to talk english first.
Overall calista certainly is a good hotel and i recommend it .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jamshid s

Dear Jamshid S,

First of all, we would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you liked your room, we hope you were able to take advantage of the Calista Golf Academy we have on offer, which allows those who are new to Golf to have a lesson that teaches them A-Z of golf and then take them onto the course for 1 hole on a professionally designed course by multilingual professional golf coaches.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has made me to come back year after year. The great service, food, entertainment , comfort as well as one and only top general manager Ali Kizildag made our vacation a dream. We love this hotel and if we come back to turkey (we will), its only because of calista.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Watchyouout
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Fredo2211,

First of all, we would like to sya thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that our international gastronomy award winning kitchen, globally award winning entertainment team and solano designed hotel comfort allowed you the opportunity to have another unforgetable holiday and we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you to Calista Luxury Resort in the very near future. Should you have any requirements or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: crm@calista.com.tr

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I will start with good and finish with the not so good. Great Welcome, good location of rooms to all the facilities ie beach/pool/entertainment. The most comfortable sun loungers ever and towels available for exchange all day long. Fantastic selection of drinks and wide selection of food choices to suit all nationalities and ages. Excellent service of bar/restaurant & facility staff. Fantastic spa and great schedule of activities arranged. My daughter loved the Ice Cream Scoop and plentiful supply of ice lollies. Now for the bits that let Calista down for us personally…The location of the hotel itself is not ideal, no shops within walking distance to visit, without a taxi ride (20eu return into Belek 5 mins away). The Market shop in the hotel was very expensive ie suncream 40eu, lilo 40eu etc. Bordered on one side by a derelict hotel and new hotel being constructed with scaffolding on the other. We soon realised that the signs requesting that guests do not reserve sunloungers are completely disregarded, and guests put towels down from 7am onwards, reserving beds and NOT using them all day, only showing up around 5pm, leaving other families having to share 2 beds between 4+ people. Why don’t the management follow up on the signs they display? On one occasion we returned from lunch only to find a whole family of 8 had taken it upon themselves to remove our towels and take over our sun loungers. The Bellum Restaurant would be more aptly described as ‘Bedlam’ Restaurant, there was absolutely no structure in the layout, several carousels all serving fish, vegetarian, pasta and meat , everything was all over the place which resulted in chaos as hundreds of ill mannered rude guests barged around in all directions, add to this dozens of children including toddlers running around the serving area unaccompanied sometimes, some older children careering around the hot servery area
one even on a skateboard and another wearing roller skates whilst trying to carry plates around, it reminded us of the school canteen or the Russian Circus, plate spinning becomes very useful at mealtimes here!
.I know the Calista Management read these reviews and this is for you to take on board...At the entrance to the restaurant there was a girl waiting at the door with yet another ’sign’ for dress code as I was wearing shorts one lunchtime I asked if I would be able to come in, she refused me into the Restaurant , whilst even most evenings there were many guests wearing denim shorts and no-one bothered to even mention it. Why make signs & rules which everyone totally ignores! Another point to note is that there are no heated plates for food, so by the time you find your way around the crowds trying to find what you are looking for and make your return journey across the assault course back to your table, inevitably your food is cold! Pool & Restaurant staff were very efficient in serving drinks and even more efficient in removing them even if you had taken only a sip, you turn your back for a moment only to find they have been whisked away by the waiters! Several times we had ordered drinks by the pool, take your eye off them for a minute and they’re gone! Moving onto the evening entertainment, there were certainly a full schedule of activities every day & evening, some of the shows were enjoyable, but most were dancing every night which did get very monotonous. Afterwards there was live music, which could even be heard from the furthest away accommodation. The DJ might take into consideration this is a family resort and not everyone wants to listen to bass thumping away till 12am every morning. Small children don’t always appreciate being kept awake until midnight, or adults come to that!I totally agree with SPM2010 London who mentioned some of the above points that we also noticed. Apart from the couple of downsides that I’ve mentioned, the hotel overall was fantastic and I can see why it’s a favourite with so many people. Don't let my negatives put you off it's just my opinion, try it for yourself!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank cosmogirlUk

Dear CosmogirlUk,

First of all, we would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on TripAdvisor.
The word “Russian” is not in the name of our Resort, as we cater for the needs of an international Audience. The Hotels in Belek are all 15-20 minutes away from the towns of Kadriye and Belek, this is due to the position of the hotels being close to the beach. There is a bus that operates every 15-20 minutes to these towns, should you wish to do a bit of souvenir shopping.
Thank you for bringing to our attention the fact that some guests do not abide by our dress code. Those who are worried about this are kindly asked to have a look at a Turkish on tripadvisor(recent, 3 stars), which states that they were asked to change their attire by one of our Restaurant Supervisors.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Calista Luxury Resort

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I have never written a review in my life, but my holiday was so amazing, I felt it was my duty to register and tell the world about how amazing Calista was!!
I have been to many 5* all inclusive resorts (Mexico, Dominica Rep, Thailand, Egypt) and the food has never been that amazing! And this is only the buffet - grill/barbecue every night! Also most of the top international alcohol brands are included in your all inclusive holiday. Service - impeccable, the staff is very professional, entertainment - live music,acrobat shows, DJ sets ( Cem Akay, you are the next David Guetta), night disco and the nicest entertainment girls!
Turkey in general is tailored towards families and young couples, but I went with my best friend and we had the time of our lives. Calisa tries to satisfy all ages and does it well. Water sports are a bit pricey but definitely worth every penny.

The hotel and everything about it is perfect! We are definitely returning next year.

One last thing... Please stop complaining about the majority of the clientele being Russian! Russia is bordering with Turkey and it is a visa free entry. It is only normal that many Russians will be travelling to Turkey. It is like complaining that there are too many Brits in Zante or Tenerife!! In fact Calista had far less Russians than other Turkish hotels I stayed in.

Thank you Calista for an unforgettable holiday!Pure Luxury!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Elinagg

Dear Elinagg,

First of all, we would like to say thank you for taking to the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are over the moon that we exceeded your expectations. Cem Guetta says thank you for the compliments, he promises to play all your favourite tunes next time you arrive, make sure you go and say hello! We would also like to say a big thank you for informing other readers that Calista Luxury Resort has an International audience with many different Nationalities arriving, staying and taking full advantage of our Resort. Whilst you were here, did you manage to watch the sun set over the glistening Med. On our pier? It is the only pier in Belek that has a bar on it open untill midnight, every night.

We thoroughly look forward to welcoming you back to Calista Luxury Resort in the very near future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We just returned from a wonderful stay at Calista and I have to say after staying at a ton of 5 stars all over the world, this is definitely in our top 3.

Pros
-Staff is extremely professional, polite, and attentive
-The rooms are beautiful, spacious and very inviting
-The beds were amazing, we slept like babies and didn't have to switch positions during sleep much at all. Rare, I'm a very picky sleeper.
-The bathroom is extravagant and well stocked with tooth brush, tooth paste (big brand), gilette shaving kit, emergency kit for women, emergency kit for adult fun, cotton swabs, hair comb, etc. towels very high quality, with high thread count.
-Internet is available hotel wide, and its the exact same SSID so you don't have to change from hot spot to hot spot
-Mega selection of drinks including top brand beers (Carlsberg, Heineken) to Henessy Cognac and the like.
-The food is amazing, they have everything so be prepared to pack on some weight :)
-The night entertainment is amazing, they have live DJ shows, kid shows at night, they bring in big names (they had Milk n Sugar DJs live)
-They have their own helicopter - we went for a ride it costs 1k euro for 20 minutes, or 6000 eu for a long 2 hour chopper tour to some cool destinations.
-They have the most amazing animation programme ever, unlike other hotels they dont go around screaming aqua gym or whatever, they hold up classy flags and really attractive russian girls walk around the place holding them. The activities are away from the main pool in another area, so if you want to stay away from them - you can.
-They have a kindergarten with tons of play castles, ball pan, and arcade stuff and even a children sized dining area with their own cooked meals separately from the main restaurants.
-There are ample ammount of sun beds everywhere, tons of places to sit down.
-Due the mega size of this hotel, even though they might have 1000s of guests its so spacious you will never feel cramped.
-The cocktails are amazing, they are true cocktails mixed by professionals not sugar water that tastes different every time some other waiter makes it like at other hotels.

Thats all I can think about at the moment, there's too much to list - this hotel has it all, I seriously have no complaints.

CONS
-80% of the staff don't speak English properly, they had trouble understanding when I asked for water. So i had to brush up my russian and ask for VODA instead - they got that NP, most speak Russiand and Turikish fluently. (Sidenote: the russians at this hotel are well mannered, and polite from our experience, it shows that the classy people from Russia choose to go to Calista,)
-The AC controller doesn't have back lighting (this sucks big time when you want to turn down the AC at night when you are sleeping and you don't want to wake the family by turning on the big lights

That's it, as I said not much cons at all, which is rare - I love to dissect an experience and here everything at Calista everything was so perfect the time went by so fast, we are already wishing that we'd still be there!

Room Tip: Building 7 is probably the best with its close proximity to the pool. Building 1 is the main build...