“Fantastic Resort - few issues”

Ranked #8 of 93 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The resort has so many brilliant aspects. The rooms are lovely and clean, the food at the buffet is delicious and has so much fresh choice, the availability and brands of drinks is superb, the choice of different bars and areas to go to in the evenings is great! The pool is great, really spacious and very comfortable sun loungers. The choice of food throughout the day was brilliant, ice cream parlour, cake cafe, various stands near the beach... I could go on with the positives for such a long time.
People who moan about sun loungers by the pool, over reaction. There are plenty of beds til late morning, 11ish and the hotel can not manage this in any other way as people need to leave there loungers to go in the pool or go for food or just have a break from the intense heat so there will always be some beds that look like they aren't being occupied!

A few niggly issues which prevent this hotel being a 5 are as follows;
- The al a cartes don't have great menus (bar the Italian which is a must visit), the steak la carne restuarant was not great!
- The shop on site is a complete rip off, wanting 40euros for Nivea sun cream, 40euros for a lilo etc,
- me and my partner both fell ill, it wasn't the food but could have been a sickness bug. The hotel were not very helpful. They don't have a pharmacy or anywhere that sells any medication even just rehydration shachets, the doctor wants 100 euros just for looking at you! Fortunately our bug only lasted a day each but the lack of help from the hotel did put a dampener on our view of the resort.
- Night shows - a couple of the nights party's were just ladies in little clothing dancing to a DJ, the ocean one in particular was a massive let down!

Overall a great a resort which is very luxurious and makes for a fantastic holiday! I would recommend!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TRIPMCFC
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear TRIPMCFC,

First of all, we hope you and your newlywed have a life full of happiness and joy. We would also like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We work with the local pharmacies who bring pharmaceutical products at certain times during the day. La Carne, our South American A’la Carte restaurant provide a unique “Rodizio” style service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Calista Luxury Resort.

Calista Luxury Resort.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my second visit to the Calista!
My Wife and I visited last year at the end of May/June and so we were eager to visit the hotel in Peak Season!
The only way to describe the Calista is pure Class with a capital C! From the Versace carpets in the Main Block ( Mothership) through the spotless lounges and Versace tiled pods,through the beautifully kept,immaculate gardens,past the Calista Helicopter ( yes Helicopter) out to the best pier in Belek,the Calista is a Guests Paradise and is my favourite hotel in The Antalya area!
We have previously stayed at the Royal Wings ( twice) Susesi ( 3 times) Delphin Imperial ( briefly) Cornelia Diamond,Maxx Royal and the Riu Palazzo! We are no strangers to the area!
We arrived at the Airport to be met by the Calista Luxury Mini Bus,as we took our seats,the driver popped a bottle of Champagne and off we went!
On arrival at the Calista,we were met by a beautiful young Lady from Guest Relations,who sat us down with yet more Champagne ( from chilled glasses of course) who took our passports etc and checked us in returning minutes later with our keys!
We were allocated Room 1423 in the Mothership ( main block)
Our cases actually beat us to our room ! We were allocated a fabulous room on the side/ front of the Mothership with a Sea View to one side and the Sueno a Golf Course to the other all on the top floor ! Perfect!
The Rooms
The rooms are fully carpeted ( the walls and doors are very thick,so no noise can be heard from anywhere)
They are very large with an enormous bed ( on arrival there was also a single bed in our room which was moved the next Morning) two large double wardrobes, a big set of drawers with a lovely chair ( sofa bed) complete with matching Ottoman ( great for storing shoes) and a lovely Mahogany Table/desk with two chairs!
The balcony is furnished with two comfortable chairs,a table and a sun bed with a thin mattress,very roomy!
The Bathroom has a lovely big bath,walk in rain shower,single sink ,hairdryer ( very good ladies) full toiletries and ' emergency kit' no need to use your luggage allowance up on toiletries,even Colgate toothpaste,although Lady Drum did bring her own conditioner!
Couple of 'niggles' for me in the bathroom!
Firstly,the soap/shampoo was in a dispenser,in a hotel of thus standard,I expect individual toiletries and there was no bar of soap ( most men like a bar of soap) .small details I know!
The room was well lit,the Air Con was perfect and we loved the room!
The great thing about being in the Mothership is that you are merely a lift ride away from the bars ,reception,Guest Relations and restaurants!
The disadvantage is that you are a long way from the 'Olympic Pool' ,beach and Pier!
I can also review a Villa as we spent our Silver Anniversary in one!
The Villas are of course amazing!
They have a private pool ( shared with one more Villa during full occupancy) with private sun terrace,sun beds ( complete with the famous Calista mattresses and more towels than you could ever need!
Downstairs,there is a WC/ Shower leading into the living room which has a 3 piece Suite,Flat screen tv,luxury mini bar complete with drinks and glass cabinet,a Dining table with 6 chairs ( private dining is available here) Fabulous!
Up the wooden stairs ( bit of noise from the kids next door) into the twin bedroom ,complete with two very comfortable twin beds,luxury bathroom with Jacuzzi bath ,luxury shower ( the type that you can set to wash your body,but not your hair) all tiled beautifully! There are twin wardrobes a set of drawers,mini bar and it,s own balcony with a sea view!
The Master bedroom has an enormous bed ,large wardrobes,large set of drawers,with again it,s own balcony!
The bathroom gas the 'obligatory ' jacuzzi bath,luxury shower etc
The Villas are fabulous and at 2,000 Euros a night ( price listed at Reception) they should be!
The food is excellent! There is a large Buffet Restaurant which is ingeniously designed ( as is the entire hotel) so you never feel the 'canteen type' atmosphere of other a Belek hotels! In addition,every night there is a BBQ immediately outside serving fresh fish,chicken,lamb,kebabs and steak! It can be a trek from the BBQ to the vegetables etc in the Main Restaurant and although the food is piping hot at source,it can be cool by the time your plate is full. I confess I never fully mastered this ha ha
There are 5 A la Carte restaurants ,all chargeable at 10€ each!all of them very,very good and well worth the money!
I have to say at this point,that we never experienced any pushing,shoving,naughty children etc of any Nationality throughout our stay!
I do think that with the Calista being slightly higher priced it does attract a better class of person !
Call me a snob,I don,t care!
Also at Lunchtime besides the a Main Restaurant there is the garden Restaurant and our favourite Turca where we were served by the lovely Begum ( one more Cola?) there is a very good selection of food at all of these restaurants and we were truly spoilt for choice!
Bars
The bars serve only Premium Drinks! There is no need to ask for your favourite by name,it will be served!
The Barmen/ladies are excellent!
The Pier Bar stands out as our clear favourite! The bar is fully stocked with all beers and spirits,they mix cocktails and it is staffed by the two best Barmen in Antalya Saban and Volkan! Nothing is too much trouble for these two experts and they make the Brezza a pleasure to visit!
The pleasure of sitting on a Pier in the middle of the glistening Meditteranean Sea,sipping your favourite Cocktail,is indescribable!
A bonus is that the Brezza is open from 1000 until 2400!
I did incidentally do a 'live thread' from the Calista,so any missing information can possibly be found there!
Beach and pools
The beach and pool areas are kept immaculate,the beach by the infamous Mehmet! This man is a true character ,doesn't,t speak a word of English and communicates wholly by grunts and gestures!
He took a real liking to Lady D and I and I confess I cried when I said goodbye to him! He us such a genuine character and I am so hard ha ha
Speaking of characters,I must mention Sir Denis McKenzie
Sir Denis is an absolute Gent! I had many e mail conversations with him prior to our visit,re room requests etc,I needed this trip to be very special as it was our Silver Anniversary !
Denis ensured that everything went like clockwork from beginning to end!
This young man is excellent at his job,he actually cares about his Guests and is surely a future General Manager! Unfortunately Denis is an Arsenal fan,but I am even prepared to overlook this ha ha
Denis,thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Entertainment
The Animation team are surely the most beautiful in Belek! Think Russian/ Ukraine Supermodels and there you have it! I don,t think that they were particularly outstanding entertainers,but looking that like was entertaining enough for me ha ha
One girl in particular ( I,m sorry but I don,t have her name) worked her 'butt' off! She did Sea Gym.Pool Gym,a Step,Dancing lessons,she never stopped! I felt guilty ( almost) watching hefty working non stop from the luxury of the ice cream parlour sluuuurp! Young Lady,my hat is doffed to you!
Another feature of the Calista is that you never really have to stop eating !
It begins with breakfast,through the fresh fruit bar,the ice cream bar,the Gozleme tent and then comes Lunch!
After lunch,it,s a hasty return to the ice cream parlour before a ' walk through fast food bonanza' is offered! Here there are baked potatoes ,hot dogs,burgers,waffles,sweet corn and Turkish pastries Burp! No slimming at this place ( although there is an excellent gym )
Night time entertainment is very good with professional shows on alternate nights and a party every night!
The Non White Party and Dad Dancing displays ( mine) were the entertainment highlights of my visit if not for other guests ( please see live thread) and certainly not for Lady Drum who ran the full gauntlet of emotions from bemused to amused,to embarrassed ,to appalled! Personally I think I,m a wonderful dancer and White Parties can be done 'solo' ha ha
In summary (at last) The Calista us a wonderful hotel,full of wonderful Staff! They truly are the 'jewel in the Calista,s crown'
In previous threads ,I have suggested that Calista Guests should be called 'Calistacrats' for aristocratic would truly describe how the Guests are treated!
The place simply oozes class and style and I would return in a heartbeat!
As we left in the Calistamobile ( with yet more bubbly thanks Denis), we were bid Goodbye by the beautiful Natalia ( my Wife thanks you for your special help) and she summed up my view of the Calista
Beautiful,Classy and welcoming!
To my fellow TA readers,book this hotel ,you will love it

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
17  Thank patthedrum
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Patthedrum,

First of all, all of us here at Calista Luxury Resort would like to say thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review about Calista Luxury Resort on TripAdvisor.

We hope that our Villas won your hearts and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

From start to finish everything was just wonderful, great service, food, drinks and entertainment.....quality rooms with super housekeeping, loved our stay and plan to go back for our anniversary...Calista was more than I imagined it could be.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank GrahamNastya
Reviewed 5 August 2014

...I really do not know from where to start!!!
My wife and I are still in this beautiful place, trying not to think about next week when we should go back home!
We were in four different five star resorts in Turkey but none of them is even close to Calista. I don't understand those who try to emphasize that majority of guests are Russian... That is really not a topic here because hotel management is trying to suit everyone and to make your stay comfortable as much as possible...
All employees in Calista are nice, always smiling and trying to answer to all your needs, especially guys in Black bar and Brezza! In every corner you can find cans of cold soft drink, water, ice cream boxes, there is food literally everywhere... In main restaurant you can find various kinds of food, fish, all kinds of meat, pasta, salads, turkish delights and all is extremly delicious!
Room is clean, spacious with huge comfortable bed. In the bathroom you may find all that you need - even a weight scale so you can keep track if you go mad with food :)
There is no need to wake up early to make a reservation of loungers, only if you prefer some exact spot... We didn't bother ourselves with that... Pool and beach area are both beautiful so we enjoyed them equally.
Not a word anymore - You should come and see for yourself!
P.S. Only one note - we couldn't set time on our AC unit in the room, so we couldn't shut it off automatically during night. I tryed to explain that problem to the receptionist but either he didn't understand me or that problem was not manageable...

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vladda77
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Spent a week here on business, to be honest, it's probably off the scale for a family holiday but it just oozes luxury. From sailing to jet ski and beyond, all part of the hotels equipment. The hotel next door tells a sad story, obviously went bankrupt and is in a bad state. It's huge too! Anyway, don't let that put you off, if you've got plenty money, and you like Turkey, come here. I do find the Russians behaviour pretty ignorant though. So, if you like Turkey, and Russians and have plenty money, come here. I don't like Turkey, Turks, Russia, Russians or not being able to walk anywhere. I do like luxury and fine things though, that's why I liked this. Pity it's in Turkey. And full of ignorant Russians. One thing, the Russian girls are all like models, really nice to look at. But all mad!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank Anthony B
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Anthony B,
First of all, thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.
We are here, reading this review scratching our heads as to be honest, we do not know where to start :) as you had stayed in November, we may have had a couple of football teams from Russia, as well as Singapore and Turkey, but we are not sure what you have against Russian Guests or Turkish Guests, Turkey is full of history and Calista is right in the middle of it all. On the right of Belek is Aspendos and Stunning Waterfalls, and the left is Demre, Kekova and Myra, a small fishing village where St. Nicholas is known to come from.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Calista Luxury Resort, should you change your mind about Turkey.
Yours Sincerely,
Calista Luxury Resort.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

we chose calista mainly based on good reviews written here and we are not disappointed.
Calista luxury resort provides you with everything you need for a relaxing beach holiday.
The pools and gardend are great .the buffet restaurant was good with plenty of choices.
The rooms are large enough and clean.we had a garden view room on block two in front of beautiful golf courses.it was very quiet and relaxing. We were first given a room overloking another block without any wiew of garden or pool but the reception kindly accepted our request and changed our room.
The only complaint i can have about calista is that english was not spoken frequently in their entertainment programs and the personnel were not so good in understanding or talking it.they asume that you are either russian or turkish.They never bother to talk english first.
Overall calista certainly is a good hotel and i recommend it .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank jamshid s

Dear Jamshid S,

First of all, we would like to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you liked your room, we hope you were able to take advantage of the Calista Golf Academy we have on offer, which allows those who are new to Golf to have a lesson that teaches them A-Z of golf and then take them onto the course for 1 hole on a professionally designed course by multilingual professional golf coaches.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has made me to come back year after year. The great service, food, entertainment , comfort as well as one and only top general manager Ali Kizildag made our vacation a dream. We love this hotel and if we come back to turkey (we will), its only because of calista.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Watchyouout
Calista_LR2014, Manager at Calista Luxury Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Fredo2211,

First of all, we would like to sya thank you for taking the time to write a review about Calista Luxury Resort on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that our international gastronomy award winning kitchen, globally award winning entertainment team and solano designed hotel comfort allowed you the opportunity to have another unforgetable holiday and we thoroughly look forward to welcoming you to Calista Luxury Resort in the very near future. Should you have any requirements or requests, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: crm@calista.com.tr