“ok for families with children”

Ela Quality Resort Belek
Ranked #30 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Bucharest
“ok for families with children”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Good hotel, many places for children's entertainment, almost never bored, good rooms, good meals, a hotel just for families. Loved the barefoot path and the big pools. However it would have been better if the russians had manners or were not so many!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
18 Thank MariacuSuzi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Excellent facilities, Good Sports Programm and less guests due to Off-Season.
Vida sports programm includes yoga, Qi-Gong and Body Balance, they just opened a yoga room on 6th floor with lovely sea view as its getting chilli outside for the morning courses. pura sports is more aerobic and Body Styling, Fitness Center is well equipped. SPA includes 2 sauna, Hamann and steem bath. Prices for treatments are adjusted to russian price level-too expensive.
A la carte restaurants offer very good service and food. Buffet restaurant is ok.

Room Tip: Choose rooms in the right wing at the end of the hall with Sea view.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travelbees-12
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I can imagine a lot of huffy, entitled travelers jamming this place in July and August, when basically everyone goes on vacation.

However, we just got back after a marvelous week and overall our holiday went above and beyond our expectations, which were high to begin with.

Although we are a couple with no children, we booked a family room as it was 2 levels, 2 full bathrooms and only 20 Euro more a day than a standard room when we booked. Our balcony had a view of the mountains to the left and the ocean to the right.

The room was mostly very clean except some small staining on the carpets, but that's to be expected in a Family Room if a resort caters to families. Lighter carpets in family rooms may not be the best idea, as elegant as they look.

Beds were comfy and there is a Pillow Menu, with no additional cost. Plenty of larger toiletries available along with soft and fluffy towels and robes. Keycard entry is with a chipcard for excellent security.

The grounds are immaculately kept and sprawling. It's a big resort, but incredibly it manages to feel intimate and cozy at times. Although it's child-friendly there are also quite a few quiet pockets with hammocks, and other places to just relax.

The food is, overall, very good, particularly when considering the size and scale of the property and that it's all-inclusive. There was an astonishing amount of variety on offer at meals. The salad bar at lunch would have at least 8 different types of olives, 10 different types of dressings (try the sour pomegranate!), steam tables, soups, meats, veg, fish, cheeses, little hors 'd oeuvres (sp?) type nibbles...and a great selection of desserts, many of them traditional Turkish.

There were 2 theme nights in the dinner buffet during our stay: seafood (with a sushi station, although it was marginal and I assume not at all like the sushi in the Japanese restaurant) and traditional Turkish. For the latter there was staff in traditional Ottoman costume and in addition to the Turkish food already available there were fresh, handmade pies and other treats. That was all in addition to the other food already offered.

It did appear great care was taken to maintain cleanliness and freshness while we were there.

We dined at 3 of the a la carte restaurants. The Turkish/Ottoman restaurant only had one other family the night we booked, but the food was outstanding. Lighter than we expected. Some favorites were the Manti (sp?) and the cinnamon rice. We also had a lamb main that was moist and flavorful. We were invited to sample all three desserts and they were also delicious. Give it a try!

We dined at the French restaurant. This was our least favorite, as they seemed to reach too high for what they were able to do. The French onion soup was tasty, but comparable to what I could buy at the grocery, with no baked bread and cheese on top. There was one cheesy crouton. I ordered a quail souffle for a starter but instead was served a crab starter. The crab was that awful fake crab you see in California Roll sushi. My main were the veal cheeks, which are typically very tender but the ones I had were gelatinous and tougher than they should be, an odd combination. The 2 good parts of the French meal was the wine (wine lists are the same at all a la carte restaurants it appears) and dessert. The wine was a Turkish Fume Blanc, 900, at 38 Euro for the bottle was quite good. Wine is not included at the a la carte restaurants but there is a range of price points. Dessert was a warm melted chocolate cake, which you see much more on menus these days but it was delicious and well done.

Our third and final a la carte meal was at the Italian restaurant. Excellent starters and mains (proscuitto with figs and gorgonzola, porcini risotto and a tender, flavorful and perfectly cooked medium steak).

Service at all restaurants was very friendly and, with the exception of the starter mixup at the French restaurant, very professional. Out server at the Turkish restaurant in particular was extremely helpful in helping us navigate the unfamiliar menu.

We had a few lunches at the La Perla bistro, which is a la carte, but also included. In case you get tired of the buffet. Huge menu, great variety of dishes. I had Nasi Goreng with beef skewers, salmon pasta (not much salmon but still tasty) and a great steak. Delicious salads. The lunch steak portion is about the size of a deck of cards but very good and tender. The pizza was, um, not quite pizza though, but I'm spoiled with pizza living in Munich and coming from New York City with all the great Italian in both ;-)

The spa...wow, the spa is wonderful. Huge, kept immaculately clean. I booked a package for 3 treatments at 100 Euro for 75 minutes. First was in the Hamam (my first time in one). I was given a standard towel and a pestemal, which is a flat woven striped towel traditionally used in Hamams. I was led to the sauna for a few minutes then my therapist, Hashim, came to bring me to the Hamam for my scrub and foam massage. I didn't specify a male or female therapist, but Hashim was extremely profession and very good at making me feel comfortable. The other two women in the large, open Hamam room (tons of marble and beautiful fixtures, a gorgeous room) also had male therapists. I was in a thong and the pestemal was folded and placed over my breasts during my treatments in the Hamam.

The scrub was by hand using a new and clean mitt from a newly opened package. The foam massage was such a treat! Basically soap is scrubbed on a pillowcase, they wave it around to aerate it and you're covered in these huge, thick bubbles then massaged. It feels really, really good. More of a treat than a "proper" therapeutic massage, but amazing. After that my hair was washed (nice scalp massage) and Hashim brought me over to the rest area after I was toweled and offered me a cup of tea after propping me up on some big, fluffy pillows.

After that as part of the package I got a 30 minute back massage from Zhang in one of the massage rooms. I get a lot of knots in my back and Zhang knocked them right out in that half hour.

All that, for 100 Euros, especially considering how luxurious the property is was, in my view, a great value. My skin was baby-soft after and I was just a happy floaty thing.

There is the option of requesting a therapist by gender if you're a woman who isn't comfortable with a male therapist.

The spa also has a juice bar which we went to a few times. Fresh pressed orange, carrot or apple juice (I got a blend of the last two) which is a nice change from all the indulging. There is just soooo much food.

What else? Lots of activities! My fiancee did boomerang almost daily and I tried air rifle a few times, both run by Gürkan. He's great at his job, working with kids and adults. Good instruction, good motivator and great sense of humor. Huge list of scheduled activities throughout the property and on your room's television. Main pool area was huge, relaxing and beautiful, just be careful because there's lots of slick marble. Mini golf, lovely beach...seems like a place that's hard to get bored in.

Shisha was fun at sunset. Little treats like the incredible Turkish coffee and fresh lemonade made little breaks throughout the days so much nicer. The house Champagne/sparkling wine is also surprisingly good for being included. Usually it tends to be total plonk.

Staff mostly speaks German and Russian in addition to Turkish. This didn't bother me much, as I do speak some German but on the few occasions I needed help with something and there was a language issue I was quickly transferred by phone to someone who was able to help.

Overall we just had a great time, loved it. We're usually the type of couple that likes to go beyond the resort (we just found the TUI excursion desk the next to last day) but Ela sucked us in like quicksand, in a good way.

I recommend potentially cranky travelers avoid it in the high season. Although we had a great experience, I could see the place not functioning as smoothly when it's packed. We got a small taste of that out last 2 days when a huge influx of guests came in for a conference and it threw some things off a bit, like when some of the pool snack bars were opened and it limiting their menu to only hamburgers, for example.

It's not cheap, but you do get what you pay for. This was my first all-inclusive experience and after hearing a few horror stories from friends I wasn't sure. But it was a great and relaxing week. We felt pampered by the wonderful, attentive staff at every turn, and it would be our pleasure to return again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank TheFrau
Stockport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Much better than I expected, surprised that other reviewers had negative experiences. We were a group of 4 male golfers and all agreed that the venue exceeded our expectation.
The choice and quality of the food was quite overwhelming and the level of service was as good as an English 5*****
The golf courses were world class and we are already planning next years trip

Room Tip: If you want imported drinks at no extra charge ie Gin, you must ask for a Gordon's etc,otherwise...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Peterjames0
Manchester
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I have stayed at lots of all inclusive hotels in the canaries in the last five years ... Examples Los jameos lanzarote.. Dreams gran Castillo playa blanca, Sheraton fuerteventura if you are looking for late sun with fantastic all inclusive this place cannot be beaten ... Can't believe it's ranking on trip advisor as it knocks the socks off the all inclusive hotels I have tried in the canaries!!

Tips eat in la perl a Italian at lunch lovely menu club sandwiches steak sea bass lovely salads just washed down with chilled Turkish champagne!!

The al a carte restaurants are 8 euros per adult at night 4 euros per child lovely experience and you can still order the all inclusive drinks feels like a real treat.

The staff make the place polite and friendly nothing too much trouble. We have seen other reviews re the Russians not experienced that problem ourselves but advised by the rep on arrival the Russians don't come in October!!

All inclusive drinks are fab served in good quality glasses ice Lemmon cherries mint whatever it should be served with ...I personally like a lot of ice no problem just tell them!! They will bring a glass full on the side!!

Lovely beach walks either side of the hotel very similar 5 star hotels set on the beach either side

Belek ...not a place to dine out!! All inclusive hotels for miles either side... If fake good quality leather bags ugg boots laboutins are your thing you will be in shoppers paradise !!!

We paid £1650 2 adults and a child with flights in October fantastic value don't hesitate to book!!

Minor quibbles ... Spa treatments expensive but you can use indoor pool sauna steam for free

Air con switched off early hours of the morning in October .. Sorted by leaving the window open

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Sarah D
Kaunas, Lithuania
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Holidays interval 10-10-2012 - 18-10-2012

From the first minutes until the last evening everything was so perfect - environment, rooms, food and drinks, activities, service, beach ...
We stayed in a double room with a view to the Mediterranean sea and swimming pools.
So we enjoyed from the first morning sunlight until dark sky and lamps light shadows in the water.
Hotels environment is perfect - green and cozy with palms, blooming bindweed flowers, hammocks, birds, fishes, lawn, beach with a natural reed umbrellas and clean sunbeds, and much more which I sure forgot to mention.
Many swimming pools, bars, two tennis courts, restaurants, local food cafe, dancing bar above the sea water(open on a season with live music), special swimming pools, aerobics hall and activity rooms for children ,carousels ,different sorts of water slides(for children and adults), amphitheater (with a big stage and good quality sound system), three towel houses (all the time can change a wet towel to a dry one), Gazebo with a white clean curtains where you can feel a private space and relax, read a book, or just enjoy the sunlight.
Evenings we spend in amphitheater by watching shows (Chinese acrobats, children circus, samba dancers from Brasil) or singing and dancing in a pool bar with live group music.
Late evenings we spend in a bars with a huge variety of cocktails and snacks. Live piano, harp or violin music fulfilled famous musicians compositions. But you can even choose and go to a discotheque, cinema or read a book in a small hotels library (or play mini bowling, mini golf, billiard, games machines, volleyball, etc.

Warm sea water every day was +26 ( swimming pool temperature at the same time was just +22).

We have tried a relaxing massage in spa center which we really enjoyed.

Food - one of the best (even better than in Spain), coffee - perfect! Much much sorts of fish and meat (NO PORK!), vegetables, fruits, cheeses, delicious deserts, fresh juice. Every evening we've got a special menu - full of local food, or just made in a food hall (where everyone can watch how it's made). Traditional Turkish and Chinese kitchen. Something different every day!

We've been here 8 days and every day enjoyed sunshine (not a minute of a rain), warm +30 or even +40 temperature in a day time, and +16 or +19 at night (perfect for a sleep, even will not need air conditioner). So sleep was really restful.
Besides you can change your pillow any day or get an extra one (different sorts - synthetic, feather, orthopedic, etc. (with any extra cost)
Towels are changed every day ( + hotels shampoo, bath bubbles, shower gel, body lotion, soap).
Air-conditioner helped perfect in a warm day time!

Bus takes from airport and drives directly to a hotel (without stop).

We were just not satisfied of a receptionist work. They will say just what you need, and no more extra information. (If you don't ask about your late check-out time and price, so you will know it just in a reception, when need to pay extra 70 or 110 euro)

However it was really amazing holidays, in amazing hotel!!!

Room Tip: Our room was on a third floor, with a view to the ocean. Perfect to wake up with sunrise and go to b...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank ritukas
istanbul
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Arrived on 27th of September late afternoon,offered a drink and turkish delight,with a small ,10-15 mins later,we were shown to our room,lovely seaview awaiting us, with fruit to enjoy,we unpacked in beautiful cool air conditioning as outside temp 30,then out to explore hotel,there are
Food!!Just amazing,so much to choose from,don't know where to start,from the salads ,soups starters, to main courses through to sweets and so on!

Hotel Staff!Just so polite
This hotel is perfect for kids. Kids club is like a kindergarden very big and very good. You can leave your child there ın the morning and at night 11 pm you can get your child back...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family