“Great hotel for sports” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Brussels, Belgium
“Great hotel for sports”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed with our family for 10 days in Waterworld. The sports facilities in this hotel are wonderful. the whole day long a lot of sports events are being organized. If you want you can be sportive the whole day. The food is good, even though it seems a bit less in quality and quantity than 2 years ago.

We stayed in a Hills suite, and the rooms are very spacious duplexes with 2 bathrooms and a nice balcony.

I did find the non heated pools quite cold during Easter. The only heated pool is an inside pool. As we were prepared for this we brought diving suits, and this allowed us and our children to slide down the slides very often.

It is quite nice to go shopping in Belek. You can have good deals if you negotiate well. The shops are within walking distance 15 mins, or you can take a cab for 5 euro.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank fun-in-life

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
bucuresti
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Been there! Loved it! For sure we will return! I recommend it from all my heart.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank gcojo
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I've been there 3 times and going to be again this year.
The best sport hotel in Belek

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank Igor_Kado
Solihull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2012

This as you would expect from the magic life chain is a big fun all inclusive with an emphasis on sport. There is a great program of events and a relax pool for those who want a quiter day.

The food is good and plentiful with good variety especially during the day with the cafe serving cake and a mexican style restaurant. The speciality restaurants are good although I would not recommend the thai. Do be aware that you do have to be up early to book so if you are not an early bird you will miss out.

There is a tractor out side the hotel to take you in to the nearest town, which has clearly been hit hard by the all inclusives and less business going into the town but is cheaper for presents for home than the hotel if you can cope with the pushy shop keepers.

Room Tip: The complex is very big so ask for a room on the edge for a quieter stay but bear in mine it will ta...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MixMasterMoll
Klagenfurt, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a place where you go if you want to have a nice, relaxed holidays. Yes, some things could be better, they could redocorate the rooms, but generaly food was good, service was good, there was plenty of things to do.... My partner had a birthday and he received a free massage which was very nice.
Do not go to those alla carte restaurants. Wine is pricy and food was cold and below avarage.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank manuela h
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

A good prompt check in in the early hours ensured we were in our room ready for bed within approximately 20 minutes. This is a large complex so the 'golf cart' taxi ride to our room was welcome.
We booked a superior room which was a good size for two. A large shower room, two beds clamped together after a request for a double, and a good sitting area. Balcony was ok, but we did not have a view so did not use it. The bed is hard and not very comfortable but this is often the case I find. This is my third Magic Life holiday, I like the brand, rooms very ikea but I know that is what I will get. Basic room, clean, good sized bathroom (shower only), fridge with water, coke, fanta, coke light, a good touch but not restocked, not a problem though for me.
This is a big complex and there are some plesant areas to walk. I suppose you could describe it as a mini center parc. Lots of trees, rooms in amongst the woodland, a pleasant area. There is a jogging route which we walked daily, good for the fitness holiday makers who seemed to enjoy the circuit.
A number of pools, a good but cold activity pool with slides, a family and adult relax pool in nice settings all with bars so you won't have to go far for a drink. Bottles of water in fridges at each bar so no need to queue.
There are plenty of activities going on all day other than a couple of hours break mid day. Young children appeared to be catered for but I would think teenagers are better served. The entertainment staff seemed to work hard with a very good program for all ages. I did not witness the evening shows so cannot comment.
The beach is impressive, appeared clean and you can walk each way for miles it seems. A beach bar for refreshments. We did not have too many problems finding beds (our Thomson Rep Kate, a lovely young lady) informed us the hotel was full, not many Brits though.
The beach provides free watersports, i.e. waterski, banana boat, canoes and I think the catamarans were free if you are certificated. This is a fantastic freebie but the staff could do wih more personal skills, they are not very friendly. If I had one criticism it is some of the staff are not very friendly and a number cannot speak English (yes I know I could learn their language!). I did have a good conversation with a waiter one evening and what saddend me most was when he said "I like English people, you always say please and thank you". They work very hard and with the hotel mainly occupied by Russians, Germans etc they obviously do not receive too many plaudits for their hardwork.
The food in the Magico buffet was varied and there was plenty of choice. I could not really find fault with the breakfast, lunch or dinner. I did have an evening meal in the Italian al la carte and it was excellent.
My wife and I had a very enjoyable October break, good weather, food, drink and a nice rest. I am a fidget and enjoyed the free watersports and water slides.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MrJohn1960
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2011

I went to this hotel it was rubbish the pool was not cleaned out weekly and the rooms were tiny i had a 8 month oold baby and i had to ask for a cot

Room Tip: if want big balconys pick 2 or 3 floor
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family