“Omg... Would definitely come again!!”

Susesi Luxury Resort
Ranked #34 of 94 Hotels in Belek
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

I actually visited out of season so was extremely dry!! But by George it was spectacular!!

I was blown away. I heard rumblings of this being a 6* and that 7* star hotels are availavble in Antalya, and all I can say is wow! Bring it on.

Everything was free, from the minibar, wifi to the bespoke cocktails made at the bar. The buffet got a little bit boring towards end of 2 weeks but that's expected (plus being out of season I think te selection was slightly more limited that usual) - however as it was they was a different and good range of food on offer each night.

The room I stayed in was spectacular. Huge and very clean with a bathroom that I could live in. I snuck into one of te premier rooms with inifinity / jacuzzi on the balcony over-looking the sea - and I thought I was going to faint as it was so
amazing!!

I will definitely return to Antalya (in season next time) if not to the Susesi. And the only reason I may not come back here is because I've heard some many good things about all the hotels in the region that I'm curious to find out for myself!!

Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank BellaRoseWorld
Write a ReviewReviews (2,145)

Reviewed 4 August 2012

Two perfect weeks with our family!
Perfect pools, beautiful beach, excellent food, friendly staff, always extramely clean - everywhere (Even the toilets by the pools)
Thank you Susesi! :-)
We will be back next summer.

3  Thank Hurrajenta36
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Was there for our honeymoon between the 3rd -10th of July. We were welcomed by a lady by the enterence who gave us ice towels and turkish delights for a starter..Then we were taken to the customer relations. The lady there took our ID' s and did all the check-in processes for us. She then came back with our room keys and a beautiful boquet of flowers for my wife which was very nice.

Our room was fantastic which had a table with champagne, chochalate and fruits on it. The champain went down well..I must say :)

2 days later we heard there were rooms where you can go out to its balcony, go out of the balcony, go down the stairs and get into its own pool..So we requested for one of those which was given to us straight away.

The pool is not dedicated to you only but you can walk straight to the pools surrounding the hotel from your balcony and swim there if you like.

We thought that this was a great idea but got bored after a while because there is nobody around, its very quite and the only drinks you can have are the ones you have to go and get from your minibar in your room..

I believe this choice is better for families with kids who wanna get away from all that music and pool games and etc.

The foods in the open bufet restaurants were brilliant. Not only appealing to the eye but also very tasty. You can eat at one of a few a la carte restaurants if you like. To do so, you need to use the kiosk by the reception to reserve yourself a table. The fee is 10€ per person.

We went to the mexican restaurant which was awsome. We wanted to try out the chinese too but our last four days there was a different conspt by the open bufet restaurants. One day it was a chinese day, another was russian etc. So to our luck we tryed out every cousine.

There are a lot of kids..But you only see them at meal times realy. The rest of the day they hang out by the kids club.

A lot of Russian and Kazak guests are there..More then the Turks or Brits or other...Therefore the hotel is very very Russian Oriented...which is normal for a hotel in Antalya.

The beach is great but the sea was not very calm when we were there so we prefferred the pools mainly.

The aqua-park is great for the first 10 rides..Then you get bored..If you' re a kid then you'll love it.

The in-day and night activities along with the animations and show were brilliant. I think the animation team is doing everything they can to make customers happy. They do not stick to you and never keep bothering you to do something..They request your involvement politely and if you dont want to then they leave.

The animation chef "Minik" is a great guy. Minik means "little" in Turkish but he is a huge huge guy.

Also the girl from animation with a nick name "Torpeda" is also a great girl. Meat these two once you get there and you'll guarantee a great holiday.

The barmen and the barmaids are also very attentive so 5 stars to them also.

We also tried the SPA and got ourselves a massage that called LUMI LUMI massage..I reccomend you get it...Its great..

One night we tried the roomservice which came very fast but was a little expensive which you would expect from a hotel like this anyway.

The housekeeping is also great..They do the cleaning very well..Never had an issue where we had to complain.

The only drawback might be the fact that all chairs by the pools are pre-reserved by hanging a towel on them. So in order to assure you have seat by the pool it would be wise to get up early and choose your seat and put your towels on them and reserve them.

By the way we had a point when we were about to call the technical service thinking our air condition had failied to work but were informed that this would happen if the balcony door is open.

So if you go there and cannot get the AC to work check your balcony door first and make sure its closed :)

Also,

If you are not going there in the high seaoson ask for a normal room and then request an upgrade if you like.

But to tell the truth...This is a luxury resort hotel..You dont spend a lot of time in the room..Therfore the room is not that important..

Make sure you get a room that is close to the reception or restaurants...Otherwise you tend to walk a lot...

We didnt mind becuase we thought our body needed some sort of excercise to burn all the calories we gained from those lovely foods.

Were we successfull in burning them?

We gained wieght and if you're not carefull so will you :)

Thats about it realy,

To sum it up,

The staff are positive and very helpful,
The animation team is great,
The food is fantastic,
The pools are great ( except for towelled reservations)
The rooms are brilliant
Massage is lovely..

All in all its a luxury hotel..And deserves every single star it has...

Room Tip: If you are not going there in the high seaoson ask for a normal room and then request an upgrade if...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Çağatay T
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We have just returned After a weeks holiday at the Susesi and we both had a fantastic time, we couldn't find at all, the facilities, staff, entertainment and food were all 5 star, it is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in and would definatly recommend it. .... Can't wait to go back :)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Natasha F
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Well I'm sitting at the hayal bar it's 08:51 drinking Turkish tea and enjoying the view, so I thought I'd write my review while I'm here.
We are enjoying ourselves, the weather is great and the hotel is really amazing.
We ate in the fish restaurant last night overlooking the sea and it was just delicious! We had a cold maze  of starters, calamari, sautéed prawns, sea bass, swordfish and grilled tiger prawns-no dessert I was stuffed! (well later we went to the patisserie for amazing cakes  that would rival druckers!-open till midnight)
Last night was the white party, it was held on the pier and started at 10 till late!,
It was like a clubbing scene with girls dancing in cages, people looked
Iike they were enjoying themselves..the ice party was popular as was the underground club with youngsters.
So far the food in the main restaurant has been great lots and lots of Choice like everyone says...had an issue with some waiters rushing us, and taking my belongings from the table and then not knowing where they put them!!
The drinks are amazing, I'm talking jack Daniels, chivas regal, absolute,tia Maria,archers, becks, miller, Johnny walker,Malibu , JB, jagerbonn all free!, plus all the usual cocktails but made with love and they taste great, the wine is good and hot drinks are great, try the club moi on level 4, it's a quite bar with nice views,
Had lunch at takatuka they severed lamb kebabs, chicken grilled, burgers, wood oven pizzas, and gorgeous Mediterranean salads,
You could also have snacks at the sandals bar and the ladies making stuffed pancakes lovely!
When I read some reviews about the Russians, I felt somewhat disheartened  about coming here, but it's really not that bad, I think after reading the reviews on here, they might be behaving them selves? ( I hope) , (apart from the airport when they DID push in the que for immagration, which was not nice) and the hotel is getting busier due to high season,
Iv come outside the reception into a quite area by the water feature, no one is here and it's bliss, I can smell the BBQ getting ready...so I'm going in for breakfast...it's a hotel worth seeing on one of your holidays...

Room Tip: All rooms are nice with free minibar,toiletries, tea and coffee facilities and bathrobes and slipper...
5  Thank Taurus_World
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We have just returned from a two week family holiday at the Susesi and had a really fantastic time. I honestly could not fault the hotel, grounds, spa, food, entertainment etc. It really is truly 5 star luxury. We had a basic sea view room which was more than adequate. My daughter was given a camp bed which unfortunately was so hard she had to sleep with us for the whole holiday! Not ideal but hey ho.

The hotel was full of Russians who, on the whole, were incredibly rude! The hotel is understandably geared towards Russians and that proved a bit of a problem with the kids club etc as our daughter felt a little left out. We didn't come across many English people during our stay. My other bugbear was the sunbeds that were all gone by about 8am! We didn't get a sunbed of choice for the whole of our stay. I refuse to get up extra early on holiday to put towels out!! We instead went the the beach, which in my opinion was better as there was a nice breeze.

The weather was 40+ while we were there which was very hot. Not sure if that's usual for July, I guess so. We were sweating morning, noon and night! The hotel is beautifully air conditioned which was very welcomed. We did have a few problems with our room air con which was never really cold but it seems that they cap the temperature it goes down to. It wasn't a massive problem though.

I have to mention the food which was truly incredible. It was beautifully presented and it was always plentiful. The gluttony was definitely something to behold (!) but that is usual for AI hotels. Personally we prefer to stay somewhere where you can go out & eat locally so from that point of view it was a little oppressive. However, the a la carte restaurants were amazing. Really worth the 10 Euros.

The staff were always smiling and helpful. The spa was gorgeous, we went a few times for treatments. The highlight was probably the water slides which were brilliant fun. To have something like this on hand is a really good idea. We spent alot of time there!

We ventured into Belek one day (which we were looking forward to!) but it turned out to be a complete waste of time. It is full of nice shops selling lovely fake designer handbags & clothes etc. It was incredibly empty - like a ghost town - and the shopkeepers often turned nasty on us when we didn't purchase anything. One in particular tried to physically bar my father in law from leaving the shop! We were rather angry & for that reason wouldn't recommend going.

The kids entertainment team work tirelessly and had there been more English spoken & more English children, then we may have left our daughter in the kids club. My husband often sat with her when she went in as we didn't feel it was 100% safe to leave her. Just a personal view though. The team were extremely good with the children though.

On the whole, a really lovely place. Would I go back? Yes definitely, but possibly only for one week as personally we found that staying in a big, sprawling AI hotel was a little like holidaying with 2000 other people!! If you're going anytime soon, enjoy!

3  Thank Family5London
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I visited this hotel in summer 2012 and I can honestly say it was one of the best hotels I've ever been to. The staff are all extremely friendly and can't do enough for you. A special mention must go to the animation team as they made our whole holiday even better. Their daily pool game was always a highlight of the day and you cannot fault their friendliness and enthusiasm.

Another definite highlight of this hotel is their parties and shows most nights. The shows were of such a high standard and never failed to impress me each night. The parties were also very impressive! If you go to this hotel and you have a chance to attend the 'Four Seasons Party' I really recommend you to go! It was the most surreal but amazing experience! An outdoor party in which we experienced wind, rain and snow... just amazing!

We stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks and only left once! The hotel is so big that it would take a while to get bored of it! The one time we did leave the hotel was to visit the local town of Belek. This was a disappointment as the town was very 'fake', and the owners of the shops were very pushy into you buying things and got annoyed if you chose not to.

Finally in staying at this hotel, be sure to take a trip to see the ice cream man by the aqua bistro. He made getting an ice cream a whole new experience!

Room Tip: Getting a room at the rear of the hotel is definitely an ideal place to be (teras family room or ter...
5  Thank emilybingham