“Raw Chicken and Plastic Cups!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Susesi Luxury Resort

Susesi Luxury Resort
Ranked #31 of 88 Hotels in Belek
Warwickshire
“Raw Chicken and Plastic Cups!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2012

Having stopped at many 5 star hotels i feel i have a fare comparison amongst hotel of the star standard.

We arrived at the Susesi with no welcome drink and a receptionist colder than a a doctors receptionist in England (and we all know how friendly they can be!). The receptionist don't speak very good English with i find very strange... the entertainment staff spoke better English than these girls. Thankfully we were handed over the concierge staff would could communicate and could smile.

We was then shown to are suite with bubbling and worn wallpaper but it was clean. I'm used to stopping in hotels that the housekeeping come in twice a day turn down the beds of an evening maybe a complimentary chocolate. But in this hotel what you will get is 1 visit clean sheets and towels granted and hand prints that will still be left around the toilet flush for the duration of your stay.... also in a hotel of this star rating and price you couldn't stretch to any alcohol in the mini bar apart from 1 bottle of beer???????? No spirits ... don't forget Susesi all this we have already paid for so then it should be there for us to choose.

We stayed here when the hotel was half full and all sunbeds were gone by 9am. How do the residents get anywhere to lie when its full to capasity is beyond us? Thank god i'm an early bird i had my towels down by 7.30am ( only half! had gone by this point) and then went to breakfast to return back to the sunbeds. On our second day our towels were taken off and thrown over the hedge by a lovely Russian family! (witnessed by a fabulous English couple) and all hell broke loose. We lost our sunbeds for that day as we we actually arguing with the Russian Mafia and felt better to retreat. These are the most tatiest sunbeds we have ever had lots were broken at the back they seemed very saggy and slats from underneath stuck through.

The restaurant had fantastic choice holding different themed evenings and was never stuck for something to eat the puddings were out of this world and the house wine served in the restaurant was very pleasant but we can completely sympathize the previous guy. My partners chicken was beyond raw one evening that if eaten would of knocked even an African elephant off its legs for a week thank god we spotted this, we shown the restaurant manager and after putting his eye balls back in his head he rushed off to deal with the situation with no apology or reassurance it would happen again..... worrying! Its a shame as after this u felt the need to sift through your food for the duration of the stay.

Of a day or evening at the bar if your wanting a known brand drink you have to say the actual brand if not they will always give you an unknown cheap brand. I have never stopped in a hotel let alone a 5 star hotel where they give you a brandy in a paper cup.. one evening this happened to me down by the auditorium by the rudest bar man on the planet called TAREK, he obviously hated his job and you could tell, there were brandy glasses behind the bar on view but he refused to give me one. Myself and a group of other English family's we had met up with found this really odd and shocked how dismissive this guy was to to us all. But are faith in hospitality was restored by bar man called Engin who couldn't do enough for you. Thank you Engin.

The famous ice cream man Bayram is the most upbeat funny man who seems to be there from sunrise till dusk. Working his socks off serving delicious ice creams to all and doing magic tricks in the baking heat always with a smile on his face.

The entertainment staff in the hotel were exceptional the best we have every experienced especially Hanim and Merve. These 2 Turkish girl entertained and and looked after us so well they are a credit to this hotel.

I have never written a review on here before as i haven't felt strongly enough to.

Please Susesi listen and make the changes these are things a four star shouldn't even be making let alone a 5.

We spoke to quite a few English family's and couple who had returned for a second time which was positive, but they had all felt that the hotel had gone down hill since there previous stay.

M, A and T

Room Tip: Dont waste your money on suite, at this hotel there nothing special.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Martin C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is going to be a long one , so please bear with me , hope it will give you some good info.

Stayed here along with my wife and 15 year old daughter from the 2nd - !6th Aug 2012 during the peak Summer period . To give a little background before my review , this was a hotel that i had researched in great detail and had wanted to visit for a number of years , however as i had been able to get some good value " child " prices for my daughter previously i could never justify to myself to pay the extra to go here , but once my daughter hit " adult " age i decided to go where i wanted , and not where the "deal " dictated . I admit i was concerned that i had missed the boat here , as this hotel was once the hot topic of conversation on the tripadvisor forums , but now was very rarely mentioned , would i be disappointed , read on !!

Let's start at the beginning , booked this holiday with Direct Holidays , was in their deluxe brochure , so after a trouble free flight with my inclusive 25kg luggage and in flight meals ( check me out ) , we boarded our private minibus for the relatively short transfer ( 30 mins or so ) to the Susesi , arrived just after 11 at night to be met by a member of the guest relations team , who arranged some drinks , and booked us all into our room with no fuss. We had booked a family terrace room and as these were booked through a member of the Thomas Cook group , these were classed as "Garden View " , ie no direct pool access . However after speaking to a number of very helpful and well informed TA members ( won't mention your names , but you know who you are , thanks ) i was advised to request a room on the 2nd floor , situated near the ADA bar ( good for afternoon sun ) and given some great contact info, i was allocated a great room . It was on the 2nd floor , with direct pool access and right next door to the ADA bar , so far a great start , could not be better ( thanks Nalan ) room 3221 , can highly recommend it .The terrace rooms are situated at the rear of the hotel , and initially you feel as though the hotel is huge and daunting , but as usual , after a day or so it all just slots into place .

Once we were settled in we started to enjoy our Susesi experience , i had been concerned that there would be very few British families there for my daughter to make friends with , i need'nt have worried , i was surprised by just how many British were there , many of whom were repeat visitor's. My daughter made friend's on day 1 ( alleluia ) which meant our holiday also got off to a great start , and things just got better . Everything about this hotel was classy , the facilities , the cleanliness , the drinks selection and the a la carte's were all first class . If my wife and daughter are happy , then so am i , there were both extremely so . The drinks selection available here , at all bars , was amazing , bottled Becks , Miller , all branded spirits available , Jack Daniels ( no Buffalo Bill ) , Jim Beam , Gordon's Gin , Tia Maria , Absolute and Smirnoff Vodka , great choice of single malt whiskies , Baileys and Archers as well as Jagerbombs etc etc , no need to request these , they were served as the norm . However i must also say that despite all this great drink being available all day long , i never witnessed any trouble or drunkeness from any guests .

The main hotel restaurants run theme nights , i went to the trouble of writing all these down , only to throw the list away on my return , idiot , but probably changes each year anyhow . These nights were ok , but we much preferred the a la carte's , these incurred a 10 euro charge , but in my opinion were worth every penny . We tried the Chinese , Mexican , Steak , Italian and Fish , all were first class . Don't eat much before the Mexican ( lots of courses ) , Italian has desserts to die for , if you like fish ( we do ) then this is amazing , Chinese great dim sun and , Steak , see before you try !!!

The pools are great here , with plenty of beds to go around , if you want a particular spot , you may have to get up a bit early , but not daft o clock , i am an early riser and used to get down to the main pool about 7.15- 7-30 i was always one of the first down there and we had the same spot for the full 2 weeks ( except when we went on the pier etc ) . The pier is nice , and very under utilsed , has a bar on there , really relaxing with the breeze and steps down to the sea . We also hired a pavillion for the day , one of the highlights of our holiday , cost 100 euro , but great value really when you consider what you get . You have a choice of pavillions , either by the pool , or on the beach , We much prefer the ones by the pool and were advised to book pavillion No1 , as this has a more private spot and includes a grassed area with a hammock. We booked this on our first day for a forthcoming during our second week , it was great , waiter service all day , lunch brought to you , fully stocked fridge including a bottle of bubbly , all replenished when required ( we went through 3 bottles of champers (fizzy wine ) it was great ) as well as loungers in the pool . We also loved to go for a swim from our room after midnight , it was great , loads of people did it , but it was never busy , great times .

The hotel has a really well kept secret , a place where very few people go , the patisserie , this opens about 16.00 , and is situated near the oriental al a carte , believe me , this is well worth a visit, the choice of cakes and ice creams etc is amazing ( all low calorie as well !! ) At others hotels we have visited , sometimes the cakes at the patisserie looked better than they tasted , not here . All were fresh pastry , with real tasty chocolate which made you want to try them all. This is also where the shops are situated , some are quite expensive and also this is where you can buy your daily paper if required.

The hotel has a decent waterpark which is open for a couple of hours in the morning and afternoon. The animation team work hard but are pretty low key , they are not forcing you to participate if you are not interested, Most of the evening entertainment is provided by outside acts , various dance acts , acrobatic shows and comedy shows . The animation team make an effort at night to socialise with the guests and go down to the late night disco regularly , special mention to Molly who always goes the extra mile .

The evening entertainment at the Sandals bar was both relaxed and enjoyable , live music most nights , karaoke served up one night , always with room to get up and have a dance . Again a special mention to Begum , a really great member of staff , whose service and English were amazing , thank you very much . We also spent a few late nights at the Hayal Bar ( 24 hour ) where Ahmet made everyone feel very welcome and also made some of the best cocktails , whilst at the same time also answered some of the main mysteries of the universe , a very clever and articulate man indeed .

This is a great hotel , that offers a really comprehensive All Inclusive package , in a quality environment with some great staff . In fact i would go a stage further and say that the thing that sets this hotel apart from others is the level of service offered to its guests by all its staff , it really blew me away . I would often go and sit by the Takatuka bar in the afternoon with a book and order a beer , i never ever needed to order again as a beer would magically appear when my old one was low , along with a tray of nuts , crisps or fruit etc

As you can no doubt tell , i enjoyed my time at the Susesi , i will now try and sum things up for anyone due to visit here during the similar time that i did . In my opinion this is one of the higher end hotels in Belek , i have previously stayed at the highly regarded Voyage Belek , and other hotels in Belek and Lara Beach but none have come close to matching this hotel in terms of quality , cleanliness and overall satisfaction . I always try and make the most of my holidays and go with an open mind , but i was concerned about this holiday , i really should'nt have been , it completely exceeded all my expectations . We met people who were on their 6th visit who raved about it , some of these people had never been on tripadvisor and shared their opinions and wanted to keep it a secret. Would i recommend it , definitely . The one thing that blew me away more than anything about this hotel was the level of service , it was fantastic , you never waited for a drink , food or just a quick hello , it was tremendous .

I have booked into the hotel next door the Cornelia Diamond for 2013, if it is half as good , which i believe it it is then we will have no issues , however as we stand the Susesi has got a lot of competion , good luvk to everyone

I am more than willing to try and answer any questions

Regards

Pete

Room Tip: Go with an open mind and don't let things get you down , terrace rooms are worth the extra.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
16 Thank Smithy121
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

Having been there three years prior, I knew what to expect. The Susesi is a decent hotel and offers imported drinks in its all inclusive package. Free WiFi is limited to the lobby which is quite poor.

Our trip was a pleasant one until my final dinner gave me food poisoning and I therefore cannot recommend this hotel. I had chicken casserole and chicken medallion with rice. Just after midnight, the vomiting started. I managed to get about an hour's sleep that night and was still throwing up at 8am. We were due to be picked up at 11am to catch our flight home. We ordered the manager up to our room and she refused to admit that it was the hotel's fault, saying that we can't prove it. Well, not having eaten or drank anything outside the hotel for seven days and seven nights should be enough proof.

There was mention of letting us stay for a couple of extra nights if I couldn't make the flight but missing my flight could have left me stranded for days and cost me hundreds. There was no mention of compensation!

I had to pull myself together and had to endure a nightmare four hours on the plane with severe muscle pain. By the time I finally arrived home, I'd also got a temperature. Obviously, I didn't make it into the office the following day!

Had I stayed another day, I'd have surely encountered more people who got food poisoning. However, now I'm relying on holiday reviews to find out. I believe food poisoning was previously mentioned here on Tripadvisor a while back.

Needless to say that I will not be retunring to the Susesi!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank JD79_UK
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2012

This hotel really worth the money. I have been there with my family and even if we booked for 3 STD we get 1 STD and one Royal apartment. The STD room is also large, very clean, quiet enough for a holiday . The Royal apartment is outstanding: large rooms, huge living, Jacuzzi in each bathroom, and a private pool with sea view on the balcony. I felt myself like a pasha.

Susesi hotel is by far the best hotel I’ve stayed in Turkey out of three holidays spend there and I have also received very good feedbacks from my friends. Services are above expectations, including reception (they solved any request fast and simple), restaurant & terraces (good English speakers, usually prompt in providing you with any drink you ask for, polite and even trying to speak some words in you language), bars (any kind of cocktail and they use good spirits for this and fast delivery and cozy atmosphere).

The kids club is very nice organized, the only problem being that the vast majority of their customers are Russians so you may need a personal staff to play with your kids. They have both outside and inside playgrounds and two water slides for the kids.

The beach is sandy, clean, free sunbeds and towels (you may change them as often you want), free bar on the beach. The temperature is perfect around mid Sep (outside min 23C – max 31C, water 27-28 C).

The food is outstanding as you can find anything you want: fresh cocked specialties, a lot of vegetables (row, steamed, fried, grilled), barbecue meet, fresh and tasty local bread and pastry and an incredible variety of fruits and sweets. Each night in the main restaurant there are specific dishes (e.g. Mexican, Chinese, Turkish, Russian, etc.). Go for it.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank andreica
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Real value for money!
1) FOOD
Food is great, variety and quality is unbelievable. Like in best restoraunts. I'm trying to eat healthy (steamed, more vegetables etc.) and I was able to always find a great choice of healty and tasty options.
Special thanks to shef for deserts in diet section, tastiest sea food bake and cold giant octopus (on fish night). Do I have to mention everything is absolutely fresh?
2) SERVICE
Service in hotel is exellent from managers to a lowest level personnel. You will never have to sit and wait for your order or struggle to get a drink, be that pool bar, lobby or a restoraunt. Everybody is extreemly nice and professional, we were very impressed.
Special thanks to lovely Guest Relations girls! They are so helpfull, polite, professional. With them you can be sure that whatever the problem you may have they will make sure they resolve it.
3) BEACH
Sand, not white, but clean. Enough beach chairs on the beach and on the deck (matresses and pillows provided). Drinks in 2 beach bars.
But honestly, water was not very clean.
4) LOCATION
In the middle of nowhere really, but if you dont plan to go out for dinners thats fine. Town with shops is 10 min an a taxi (cannot really walk there in the evening as theres no light on the road).

Room Tip: Make sure you book a double room with double bed (first they gave us a room with 2 separate beds, we...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank anyaflexible
hammerforlife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

we stayed in this hotel twice two years running we love it the staff are fab the restaurents were great and cocktails were amazing this hotel is the best in belek diffenenalty a 5 star would go back again this year but to pricey

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hammerforlife
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Stayed here while playing 6 days of golf. Everything from the moment we arrived at 1am in the morning to the moment we left was fantastic. Only fault I could stretch to was the buffet restaurant was a bit of a rabble with the amount of people in it. However, can't fault the quality of the food or service or selection! Al a carte well worth the €10's, especially the Chinese.

• Stayed September 2012