Susesi Luxury Resort
US$298
  • Breakfast included
US$355
US$344
Crystal Tat Beach Golf Resort & Spa(Belek)(Great Value!)
US$265
TripAdvisor
US$487
TripAdvisor
2,446 results
All reviewssandals bartakatuka barmain restaurantturkeya la carte restaurantsanimation teamsea viewlast yearevening entertainmentbuffet restaurantteenage clubwater slidesice creamhotel shopsgreat holidaysummer seasonsnack bar
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed at the Susesi in October Half term for our Honeymoon and it is absolutely Fabulous. Our Friend who was a travel agent recommended it, she told us we would need no money just money for tips, we didn't believe her but when we got there we spent nothing except for tips. We would usually tip a waiter who had been serving us all evening and at the end of the Holiday put money in the tip box as all the tips are pooled and shared for every member of the hotel which I think is good. All Food and drink are included, spirits, wine, cocktails all branded, even the ice cream is carte dor. No expense spared here you have a towel card and get your own fresh towels for the pool every day. Hotel spotless and beach they rake all the sand for you so you don't walk on uneven sand. Few Negatives- Pier was closed, disappointing as wasn't mentioned in brochure and all the other piers were still open in particular Ela Quality which looked good. Air Con didn't work as the cooler it is outside the warmer the aircon is in the room as they program it to adjust to the temperature, It was still 31C outside however very warm in our room which was disappointing. Booking again for this October half term just astounded by the child price my child is 5 and they want her to pay £699 which I think is very steep. Best Hotel I have ever been in and I doubt I will want to go anywhere else ever again as I have been spoilt. As soon as we arrived, bags where taken to room, we were upgraded to a sea view as we were on honeymoon. Room fabulous with flowers, champagne, chocolates and fruit. The receptionist then told us we could go and eat in the midnight buffet which was just like the dinner buffet, vast. The bars are open 24 hours a day, the Turkish bath is free,the water park is good. Guest relations very good I asked for Paracetamol and within 2 Hours they were delivered to my room. There was a band on every night for entertainment but that was about it as it was October but I thought maybe because it was half term they would have put a bit more on. Everything in this hotel is built for easiness, in the toilets they have a machine that hands you your own paper towel, if you are carrying something in the dining room a waiter will be over to take it off you as they cant have you carrying anything. They cannot do enough for you and it is so well worth the price and more as you need no spending money unless you go into Belek to buy bags etc which are pricey. We took Turkish lira however everything was in Euros or Dollars, apparently this is so when the rate is good for us here for TL it isn't good for them so they get you to buy in Euros or Lira and when the rates good for them they get more money. Thomas Cook excellent, flights on time, transfers smooth we pulled up at the hotel and all we could say was wow. We walked down the beach and had a look in the other hotels and none of them were a patch on Susesi, the best hotel there is in Belek. I could not believe how great the Holiday was, we went to eat in takatuka the snack bar around the pool and they hand you a menu, burgers, pizzas, pasta all fresh salad all free but you order off a menu. It is a resort so wherever you go you are somewhere different. We ate in different places every day. One day we skipped breakfast, went straight down to the pool for Kebab time then went to the snack bar sat down and had a lovely lunch then went into the patisserie for a cake and coffee then went for a 3 course meal in the restaurant, so full but the food was out of this world. There are little terraces everywhere to watch the sun go down and waiters come everywhere to bring you a drink. In other all inclusive usually they don't want you to drink, in this one they bring you another drink before you have finished the previous. The bring you crisps and nuts at the bar, brandy coffees, lattes, kids cocktails, jagermesiter, Efees on tap,absolutely fabulous. You must go here.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms are worth the extra
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
12  Thank laura c
Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed here in September 2013, the rooms where very modern and clean. Drink choice was the best experienced in turkey (and other all inclusive hotels in other countries) the white wine was actually given to you cold and tasted nice, variety of beers by tap and bottle and a good selection of cocktails ad branded spirits.

The food was always well prepared, varied and had flavour to it! The Buffett restaurant had lots of options of food, the casseroles tasted amazing and all the grilled or roasted meats where good cuts of meat.

The Mexican and steak house were brilliant and would highly
The deserts and desert bar were amazing! Great tasting cakes, with all different varieties (my favourite would of been their carrot cake!)

At the bars it was all waiter service and the waiters could not do enough to help, thy would get to know you and the drinks which you want. But all of this was not done to make you give tips and no guests or nationalities seemed to get preference.

The entertainment in the hotel had a much higher budget than in previous 5* hotels I have stayed, had some good dance and circus acts.

Only thing I would of stated for the entertainment is to engage more in English.

Guest services could not do enough to help with Amy problems, had issues with the flight returning and allowed use of computer, printer etc.

Whilst staying at the hotel in September it was my birthday and guest relations helped to organise birthday cake, flowers on restaurant table, all the chefs came out and sang happy birthday! All of this was not charged as extra and they could not of done more to help.

Location is close to the town of Belem, is in walking distance however we tended to get a taxi which was cheap.

We have booked our honeymoon to stay back there next year we wet that Impressed!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Oli L
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I have been a previous visitor to this hotel as well as to a number of the other hotels in Belek and Lara Beach. The Susesi would definitely appear to be on the decline in terms of standards and customer numbers. The closure of the main restaurant with guests being forced into the previous 'snack bar' for all meals sends out a message of desperation and clear cost cutting.

Guest relations will provide you flowers to your room if you make positive comments about the hotel. They will even allow you free access to the a la carte restaurants but this does little to inspire hope for the future or to correct the problems. The hotel has clearly decided to focus on the corporate market with conferences being its target market........ It appears to be having limited success at this............if it's strategy does not alter the Susesi as it once was will exist no more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Zolmind
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We stayed for a week at the end of October, 2 adults and 2 teenagers, we thought the hotel was great, very clean and modern. Having previously stayed at the Sirene we definitely thought the Susesi was a cut above. We had a good sized swim up room that was perfectly adequate for the 4 of us as there was quite a neat sliding partition just giving a bit of privacey. The food was excellent with possibly too much choice in fact 4 days in we only had soup as we had overdosed on the vast array on offer. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel the only negative that we encountered was the hotel had a couple of conferences on whilst we were therewhich on a couple of occasions swamped the dining room at meal times which was not ideal but hey they have to pay the bills coming into winter I suppose.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MarkLancashire
Reviewed 23 November 2013

We went here between the 3rd and 17th November.
I will first of all get the bad point out of the way , this hotel is a waste of time for a holiday in the winter period because of the conferences they have here and it is virtually taken over and catered for by suites on mobile phones and laptops it is like being in the office, and tour operators should inform us of these conferences.
Now the good news, this hotel is top notch and I would put it on a par with my favorite Barut Lara.
On arival we we're allocated and taken to our room, unfortunately it was a side view and we had paid extra for a sea view, I called down and we were moved to our prefaired room within ten minutes.
the room was very nice , carpeted , well decorated, and had all the usuall stuff such as tea/coffee facilities, bath robes and slippers, safe 36 inch tv, settee, chair, toiletries.good sized wardrobe and surprisingly a lot of hangers.we had a bareverment before going out and to my surprise our great friend Pat had informed the fabulous guest relations and we had flowers in our room on arival, a lovely touch, it was also our Anniversary on the 8th and when we got back to our room we had the best oasis of flowers ever , a card , fruit and wine, the staff here really go out of their way to please you.
I want to say a big thank you to Nalan and her wonderfull staff at guest relations they are by far the best we have ever had the pleasure to deal with, I will admit that although I did not blame them over the conferences I still gave them a bit of stick and they we're so professional and helpfull , whilst the conferences we're on they upgraded us to any ala carte of our choice at no cost, they always had a smile and nothing was too much trouble they are a credit to the hotel and as I have said by far the best we have ever met.
unfortunately I was full of a cold for the first week so did not fully apreciate the food, but once back to normal I found the food to be excellent, apart from when the conferences we're on it deteriated to not much choice, the only other thing regarding food is it could do with being a bit hotter, luckily they had a microwave oven to heat it up, Ali and the rest of the waiters we're again excellent.as said earlier we used the ala cartes and our favorite was the steak house the food and especially the steaks we're really nice.
As far as drink are concerned , there was a excellent choice of branded drinks apart from my favorite Baileys but the substitute was good,there was Captain Morgans rum though so stayed mainly to that , mind you the Jim Beam whiskey was real nice, all soft drinks are either out of small bottles or draught, so not flat.
The bar staff we're fantastic and as we sat at the bar most evenings we got to know most of them , they were even using me as a guinea pig for their many shots, they also kept us well fed with nuts, crisps and numerous fruit cocktails, there was plenty of bottled beers such as efes dark, light, miller, becks.so plenty of choice.
unfortunately in the winter it is let down by the entertainment , basically you get either a band or a DJ, they should have some live acts.there is no entertainment team this time of year either.we are still paying a lot to stay here and would expect better, even such things as ice cream were stopped halfwah through the holiday.
As you can imagine the swimming pool is freezing this time of year so it was either the sea or indoor pool, it is about time these hotels heated at least one outdoor pool.they had two bars open at first but by the second week had closed the sandal bar , which was a surprise because that was the busiest one!
there is a patisserie on the fourth floor serving some nice cakes and coffee.
the takatuka bar was open during the day for snacks where again they had a salad bar during the first week but then shut it, why! We did not eat here much because unfortunately as much as I love cats , they were allowed to jump on the tables and were even walking over the plates.
I can imagine in summer the pools etc would be buzzing but unfortunately this time of year it is spot the holiday maker, I even got up real early one day and hid most of the sun beds just so I could have one day of fighting for my sunbed but to no avail ,, we were the only ones there.
what really makes this hotel excellent are all the staff they really are some of the best ever and if it was not for the poor winter program where basically everything is closed I would not hesitate in giving it 5 stars .
Clenliness as in all these hotels was spot on , our room cleaner was excellent and the way she decorated our bed on our anniversary was super.
did we have a good holiday .a big yes and we can not wait to return , but in summer when I can imagine it will be so much better with more going on, it loses a point for its poor winter program, but even with that in mind I would definately put this up with the Barut and for the first time would be spoilt for choice.
Regarding the area I would say Belek is better than Lara, there is more to do in the town, just be carfull when shopping , they do try and rip you off Antalya is far cheaper to shop at, and dont shop at the hotel shops they virtually double the price for the same stuff in the towns there is a good market on Saturdays. To get to and from Belek t is 5 euros by taxi or 1 euro each by tractor.
Regarding the grounds , they are really nice with lovely floral gardens and many nice hidden areas
So on reflection for a relaxing holiday it was everything we wanted ,but the winter program compared to the Barut is a big let down

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple