This is an outstanding, charming, peaceful property and we loved our stay. It's constructed as a small, traditional, rustic village in an isolated, hilltop position with separate buildings scattered through the grounds, each containing up to four bedrooms/suites. The private Honeymoon House is especially charming and not so expensive. The grounds are beautiful and very thoughtfully managed and the pool area is spectacular, with its huge infinity pool and hilltop views of the coast, it's like heaven. Hoyran Wedre is definitely in a class of its own.
But most of all, the property has a magical, spiritual feel; the owners are a wonderful, welcoming couple who have developed something very special here. We definitely felt the love! It's also staggeringly peaceful, not only spiritually but literally, it's very quiet with no artificial background noise, just the sound of the birds occasionally dipping into the pool, a distant goat in the hills or the breeze through the olive trees. And don't forget the ruined city just a few minutes' walk away through the fields ... We were led there by the hotel's gorgeous dog, Peanut and enjoyed the most spectacular scenery.
Meals are delicious and home-cooked. Have you ever had sandalwood-berry jam? Extraordinary! Some of the rooms have self-catering facilities too.
There are various activities off-property and we would recommend a boat-trip to the sunken city of Kekova and the castle at Simena but it is just as easy to stay at the hotel ... I mean, why would you ever leave heaven?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hoyran Wedre is a country style hotel built of stone and wooden in the antique Lycian village Hoyran, that is on the Toros Mountain at the south coast of Turkey. The hotel has 2 suites and 9 double rooms all decorated in different styles. Each room has a functional fireplace. The life in Hoyran is far away from the stress and noise of the big cities. All you can hear here is the voice of the nature and the spellbinding silence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hoyran Wedre Country Houses reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoyran Wedre Hotel Demre (Kale)
- Hoyran Wedre Kale Demre
- Hoyran Wedre Country Houses Turkey/Demre (Kale), Antalya Province