Hotel Club Phokaia
Bulbul Yuvasi Boutique Hotel(Foca)(Great Value!)
US$123
Huri & Nuri Hotel(Foca)(Great Value!)
US$68
Foca Antik Otel(Foca)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Restaurant
Lola 38(Foca)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
All reviewsneilson holidaynext yearbeach bargreat holidaywater skiinglocal townfitness classesmountain bikingtwo weekssailing areaturkish staffsecond weekturkeysaladgreat funhis teammark warner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing time, the best EVER! met some awesome people, even got to chill out with Caroline, an amazing Teen Rep who's love of crisps had me in stitches :D

Would definitely recommend the phokaia resort to everyone, great times and plenty of crisps!

From Essex

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Khan M
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We really enjoyed our two weeks there. The resort, the food, the staff were all superb. Fantastic for the children . There is always plenty to do.
Only but...Thomas Cook... It is letting Neilson down, in my opinion

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Toni P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I have just had the best holiday ever at club Phokaia and can't recommend it enough! I didn't want to leave! Kids Club was great and all the staff are brilliant but especially Ally who I was lucky enough to have for 2 weeks in Hotshots and SurfSquad! It's a great holiday and you make some great friends! The only bad part is leaving!! it's run very well and there is never a moment of being bored. When sailing you feel very safe and in the two weeks I stayed I didn't see a single injury. There is great entertainment in the evenings too. Definitely the best 2 weeks of my life!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the garden are in the centre of everything and easily accessible when walking around.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Squidthesnail
Reviewed 18 July 2014

No need to repeat what you get on a Nielson holiday but for this resort...
A big resort - you have to like it busy
Layout is excellent - especially pool area and beach bar
Foca town is close by and is easily reached by cycle, bus or taxi
Plenty of staff - the Turkish staff much more friendly and service oriented than the UK team
Great Salads - meat and fish range from overcooked to desiccated
Rooms and bathrooms are small and very tired - definitely time for a refurb
I've added a few pictures but even with a wide angle lens it is hard to appreciate how small the bathroom is.
We received free beach towels this year - but bath towels are threadbare
The housekeeping and grounds staff do a great job of keeping is a very dated infrastructure looking its best
Transfer coach also dated with cup holders and trays falling off
Very good overall but will probably try elsewhere with better accommodation

Room Tip: Accommodation blocks have no lifts so go for lower floors
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank michaelnotwinner
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We have just returned from two weeks at Club Phokaia and it really was our best family holiday to date. We had never heard of or tried a Neilson holiday before and we were blown away with the experience. Something for all the family to do at any time of the day - no more listening to the kids saying they are bored! I got back into tennis after too many years and the instruction was superb. I also learnt to waterski which I absolutely loved. The kids had their best holiday yet with lots of sailing, pontoon jumping and even samba classes. The Neilson nannies were just brilliant and the kids really enjoyed their time in kids club.

The only serious fly in the ointment is the airline experience. Thomas Cook charter flight is not up to scratch - it feels very dated and the experience reminded me of holidays many years ago. Unhappy flight attendants and very little room. The flight on the return of our holiday was delayed by 10 hours and we missed our connecting flights to Dublin - we had to rebook new flights from Izmir to Dublin at great expense and lost a full day hanging around the airport. Not good enough as this seems to happen regularly. The previous week guests had to sit on the plane in Gatwick for 3 hours before it took off and many returning guests missed their connections due to this delay too.

It really was not well handled as Neilson knew that the plane had not left Gatwick and yet we had to leave resort to make the check in at Izmir even though there was no news on when the plane would be leaving. We should have been able to remain at the resort for the day - making the inconvenience a little more palatable.

Neilson if you want people to travel from Scotland and Ireland to pick up your flights to resorts from the UK airports then at least use a carrier that is dependable and also offer a reasonable discount to those who wish to travel direct from their country.

Otherwise I can't fault the holiday at all. We loved it and would love to return next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family