“Could be more hospitable ”

Magic Tulip Beach Hotel
Ranked #19 of 53 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Istanbul, Turkey
“Could be more hospitable ”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed two night on bed and breakfast basis. Front office staff was not so friendly but I can't say he was rude. He just did what he was supposed to do. In tourism business you gotta have a face with bit more smile. Hotel was very centrally located and they have a chargeable parking lot. Breakfast was below the average

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Turkish first
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just returned back from here and after reading all of the comments on here was pleasantly surprised.
Cleanliness .. good.
Bathrooms .. good other than needs grouting around shower and apparently they are doing this in winter - or so I heard.
Staff .. lovely. I found that if you made an effort, they made a huge effort back.
Pool - good and clean.
Rooms - I looked in a few:-
Challet rooms - dark but pleasant and modern, seating patio area with chairs. Only 4 of these rooms. I wouldn't have wanted them after seeing the other rooms but people in them seemed happy enough. Nothing to drastically worry about, they do get sun also.
Dungeon rooms - Dungeon is a very hard word for these rooms, These are the rooms on the ground floor. They are decorated the same as the others, just don't have as much daylight. They have the largest patios and most get sun on them. I spoke to 4 families in these rooms and they were all more than happy.
First and Second Floor Rooms - I was in first floor - modern room, nice bathroom. Just needed grouting around shower. I was extremely pleased.
Top floor - slightly more expensive rooms that generally have to be booked direct, these rooms were the same as other rooms except they had patio doors rather than a door and windows and there was a window between the bedroom and bathroom with modern blind. The bathroom was new and lovely.
To sum up, I would stay in any of the rooms except the challet rooms and there is one room above reception which really is not nice. People who got these rooms generally got moved if they wern't happy and they do everything possible to accommodate.
Please don't worry going to this hotel. The beds were so compfy and brill pillows - slept extremely well!!! Music has to quiet down at midnight due to Oludeneiz regulations.
Location is amazing, Oludeneiz is such a special place, weather was fabulous and food everywhere was gorgeous, not just pub grub. Relax and have a lovely holiday :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Eesiboo
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and I decided to book this hotel as it had been recommended by friends. They had booked through direct and we booked through Thomas Cook !!!!! first of all we arrived at the airport and was ushered onto the bus by a thomas cook rep and this was the last we saw of her!!
we then were transported to this hotel and were placed into what I can only describe as a prison cell which was in the basement of the hotel . I was told by numerous people that this is the only form of room that is available to thomas cook clients !!! the bathroom was appalling and can only discribe this as the absolute pitts ! I have been travelling to third world countries many times and this was worse. The stench from the drains was dreadful there was black mold everywhere the toilet had not been cleaned . We were stung by the receptionist as soon as we set foot in this place by having to pay £70 for air con then you had to pay for safe and fridge if so required. If you booked direct through to the hotel these were included in the price. We were advised if we had a complaint that we should register this with the hotel but all the receptionist said was ring thomas cook no help or assistance was offered to ring them. I was so fed up with the attitude of these staff members they were of no help at all .On the very last day of the holiday we asked to borrow the scales for our luggage so when we brought our luggage out and asked the owner for the scales he said he didnt understand as though he didnt speak english we repeated many times to him we wanted the scales after having been told they were behind the counter we gave up !! we set our luggage outside the hotel waiting for our bus to arrive and as soon as we did this the owner dropped all the shutters and locked the front door .I have never in my life been treated so badly

Room Tip: If you wish to travel to this hotel book direct DO NOT book with an agent Thomas Cook as you will tr...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank HILARY W
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We wanted to one back to Olu Deniz this year and we had no doubt about the hotel's choice: Magic Tulip Beach.

It is not a 5 star hotel but the location is perfect, for a beach style hotel the rooms are quite good and the food is great. Besides, the staff is marvellous and friendly. You can't ask for more, can you?

We arrived late night and the hotel was fully booked, therefore we were given one of the smallest rooms on the back of the hotel. The following day we kindly asked if we could change to a bigger room and as soon as one available room came on board (which took them a couple of hours only) we were moved in to a first floor aired room with balcony overlooking the fresh swimming pool. Marvellous staff! They go the extra mile to please you. ALWAYS.

Certainly a hotel to come again and again. We feel at home here.

Couple from Devon

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Soltroia
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Magic Tulip Beach for 2 weeks in June and what follows are my findings and thoughts on the hotel, its facilities as well as its staff.

LOCATION - The Magic Tulip Beach Hotel is ideally located for the centre of Olu Deniz including all of its fantastic restaurants and bars as well as being just a stones through from the beach, in fact if you pick the right table you can see the sea whilst eating your breakfast, the majority of the rooms have a sea view also. In addition the dolmus (bus) terminal is just around the corner so is ideal if you wish to travel a little further afield. Due to its close proximity to the main strip music can be heard from some of the more raucous venues in the area but this ceased no later than about midnight during our stay.

PUBLIC AREAS - There is a small reception area and desk where all of the formalities are completed and served a purpose for us when we arrived and then when we left. The main dining area can then be found leading to the bar, both have ample seating and tables and were casual and comfortable. The bar area has various footbal shirts pinned to the ceiling from around the world and two large plasma televisions, which says more in itself than I possibly could... seating is also available outside for al fresco dining should you choose.

POOL - The pool area was a highlight of the hotel and was cleaned on a daily basis, it is not too large and suited the size of the hotel, plenty of sunbeds that all appeared to be clean and well maintained also. The pool at its deepest is just 1.7 metres and shallow enough for paddling at the apposing end, a small childs pool is also situated in the area. Male and Female WC are located off the area down a set of stairs underneath the bar area, clean and fit for purpose.

BEDROOMS - This unfortunatley is where the hotel lets itself down slightly, despite being visited on a daily basis by the house keepers our bedroom never quite felt like it was cleaned properly and the bathroom was in need of a proper deep clean, this said however we were rarely in there so we couldnt complain really. Our room had a double and a single bed in it which meant it was slightly larger meaning we had ample space for cases, belongings etc. Air conditioning, fridge and safe were all available but are charged locally.

STAFF - As appears to be the turkish way, the staff at Magic Tulip Beach Hotel work very long hours and should be commended for this. They all seemed to be pleasant enough when spoken to but at times guests of the hotel were secondary to what was being shown on television.

FOOD - Mixture of traditional turkish dishes as well as international cuisine. The hotel works on a bed and breakfast basis which is prodominately turkish (cheese, olives, salad etc.) But can get boring after a few days, luckily english type breakfasts are availabke at every bar and restaurant in Olu Deniz for very reasonable prices. We paid for a turkish night (£10) which included a traditional buffet and entertainment, we sat down on ghe evening at a table a norticed it was rather quiet and with no buffet in sight only to be told by a member of staff that it had been moved to its sister hotel around the corner so uoon our arrival the buffet had been hit pretty hard and we were forced to sit in the bar area with non payjng visitors to the night and away from the entertainment, overall a big disappointment!

FINALLY - ENSURE YOU PAY YOUR BAR TAB AT LEAST EVERY DAY. A week into our holiday I went to pay my bar tab that I had built up over a couple of night to find there were meals and drinks on there that I, nor anyone else in my party, had ordered. Initially the barman, with the owners backing, argueed that I must have ordered the items and that they must be paid for, eventually deleting them from my bill. I took this as an attempt to defraud me therefore did not spend any money in the hotel during the second week of my holiday.

If it was not for the issue with the bar bill then I would recommend Magic Tulip Beach Hotel due to its location and value for money, but unfortunatley I do not work and save to have somebody steal from me the way they tried to.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Bob C
Lancing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent service and helpful staff had a wonderful holiday will be going back. Close to the beach and main street and buses, Restaurant was very good, We were late arrivals and were provided
with a meal.

Room Tip: we had a terrace room and was extremely goog.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank west504224
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from a lovely stay at this hotel. People have commented that it is quite basic but it has clean rooms, a lovely pool and polite pleasant bar staff. Not sure what more could be expected for a very reasonable price. Perfect location and all the guest are very friendly. At this time of year (June) the guests are on the mature side but nothing wrong with that! Ginola and Ocan very helpful and polite. The hotel was full even with the new third floor being added which speaks for itself. Lots of repeat customers. Would recommend it but bear it mind you pay for what you get, there are more expensive luxury places if that's your thing. The beach and loads of restaurants are a stones throw away and right next to dolmus terminus so handy for everything.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends