“Another Brilliant Stay at the Gorkem”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gorkem Hotel

Gorkem Hotel
Ranked #6 of 50 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Another Brilliant Stay at the Gorkem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

We have just had another brilliant stay at the Gorkem Hotel. The family and staff here go out of their way to help no matter what the problem, or time of day. The Hotel is in a beautiful location and setting and offers a peaceful time for your holiday. We are looking forward to our next stay at the Gorkem.
Thank you again to Sadik, Ilyas, Gorkem and Fateh.

P.S. I am missing the lemmon cheese cake

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Mick H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Turkish first
Arbroath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have just returned from a fortnight break. I read the reviews before I went and impressed by the consistent positive reviews and comments. The hotel is quaint, beautiful gardens with fantastic blossom trees and views of the mountains.Illyas and Sadiq and the relatives all work hard and are respectful, polite and laid back. I have been to Turkey now 3 times, and this is the best hotel so far, small, but adequate, pool and accommodation, all very clean and tidy every day. I was a solo travellor, first time, and I felt safe, relaxed and well looked after. No hassle to eat or spend lots of money, but when you do they will meet most requirements, and the food looked and tasted very nice. Good range on the menu.Plenty of room around the pool for beds when I went although getting busier when I left, came home sunday 14th july 2013.
I met a number of regular couples who come back year after year, they made me feel very welcome, lots of advice and chat:)
Details now, food cheap for example beans on toast 5 lira, small bottle of water 1 lira, orange juice with bits 3 lira egg and chips 9 lira. Dolmus bus 5 minute walk away to Hisonoru 2 lira, phone card for 3-4 min chat to mobile 5 lira and call box a 5 min walk away and located near a shop.Safe and easy to use as I spoke to my daughter a few times.
Room located at back of hotel, very nice, two dogs in property behind a bit yappy at times but not endlessly. Usual mosque calling throughout day and 5am, quite soothing after adjusting.Very pretty views and nice balcony to chill in after a hard day sunbathing. Room has wet room style shower, bit slippy so if older or little maybe bring or buy a wee mat, hairdryer in room, plenty of wardrobe space and sockets.No tv, but I had dvd player so all good. Air con is £4 per day, not very powerful I felt, but takes edge of heat off. Typical hotel in that when you leave room electric goes off.

All in all great time, good value for money, I went on beautiful sail boat trip £16, friends of hotel, no pressure or hard sell but ask to see brochure and staff will help to book it for you. Fab day, stunning lunch on board lots of food and lovely Suzsu will assist and get drinks for you. Cream leather seats, luxury noted lol. Went with carole and tayfun boat trip 12 islands, I go every year £11 online, nice boat no loud music, good food, you can book at alba stall at hisornu strip on right near talk of town stall. went to talk of town twice over fortnight, two different shows, fantastic, very funny and £22, meal basic chicken and chips, drinks overpriced, but show funny and very british humour, little bit saucy at times but good night out, stunning drag acts.
I plan to go back to this hotel as for me it is lovely, quiet, chilled, clean, good food and nice family and staff. It is near to where I wanted to visit and far enough away for peace and quiet.
Final points, I went to the market as I do every year on a Monday in Hisonoru, I like it less and less every year, hard selling, at times cheeky stall holders, comments at times too much and full on. Saying that I did bargain and buy but preferred to go to shops and buy handbags. Mossies in full force, take plenty of creams, and sprays and use the lemon oils on sale here is very good.Chemist can be bit pricey but very helpful.

Cannot wait to return to Turkey fab place, fab weather very hot and beautiful views and lovely people and cheap to holiday.

Room Tip: I had room directly opposite stairs so bit noisy with people coming and going. But easy access to po...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank h w
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

Just returned from a relaxing week at the Gorkem Hotel.
Our second time staying at the Gorkem and enjoyed every minute.
We have been visiting Turkey for many years and stayed in many different locations,and this is by far the best.
Set in a very peaceful location and well within walking distance of Hisaronu for a more lively night life.
We are always made very welcome and nothing is too much trouble for the wonderful staff who look after us.
We are very much looking forward to returning in 8 weeks time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DAVID J
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

So, this was our first trip in over 2 1/2 years and also the first holiday where we stayed in one place and didn't back-pack it around. We decided we needed to relax and relax is what we did. After reading other reviews and seeing how many other people return year after year to Gorkem, we decided to give it a go and I have to say that Illyas and his family showed just how helpful and accommodating they could be.
Set halfway up the mountain from the main Oludeniz beach, the hotel was easily accessible. The room was always cleaned with regular sheet and towel changes. The hotel grounds are lovely, always clean and tidy and the poolside is washed down every morning.
I love Turkish breakfast which was included in our price, but if you want any extras all you had to do was ask. There was always food available and with friendly staff and other customers it was a great spot to sit and eat in the evenings.
On the days when we fancied a change it was just a short walk to the main road where buses run every 10 minutes or so to Fetiye, Hirosonu and Oludeniz.
If I can get another break from work booked I will definitely return to this hotel later in the year.
Well done and thank you to all the staff at Gorkem for all the effort you put into making this a fantastic place to holiday.
See you soon x

1 Thank JulesSim0n
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We enjoyed our first stay at the Gorkem for 10 days in June and had a lovely relaxing holiday. We have visited Ovacik/ Hisaronu 8 times over the years and this was by far the best hotel we have stayed in. Set back off the main road it is in a perfect location with only a 15 minute stroll down to Hisaronu. The hotel is set in beautiful well maintained gardens and the pool is a good size and kept immaculately clean. It is a family run hotel and Ilyas, Sadik and their lovely family are so friendly and go out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant stay. They work such long hours but are always smiling and up for a laugh.
We went B&B but there are self catering apartments if you prefer. Our hotel room was at the back of the hotel giving us spectacular views of the mountains. The rooms are basic but very clean and comfortable with regular linen and towel changes. Hairdryer is provided ladies!!
The food at the hotel is reasonably priced and every meal we had was delicious. We ate mainly the Turkish dishes and can highly recommend them. In particular the Anatolian lamb dish :-) There is no pressure whatsoever from the staff to stay in the hotel and eat but I can guarantee if you do have a meal there you'll want to stay for another.
There have been a couple of reviews for the Gorkem saying that guests returning here year after year get preferential treatment. This is simply not the case. We got talking to some lovely people during our stay who returned every year and they were all very friendly and welcoming. Guests return here because of the relaxing friendly atmosphere and because the family can't do enough to make your stay a memorable one.
Thank you for a great holiday, we will definitely return.

3 Thank jandan1974
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

Hello all im colin and me and my girlfreind tarnya have just got back
From the gorkem hotel .it was my girlfreinds first time abroad and wat a first time it was . I was so impressed with the way the staff was always their to help any time of day or night and helpful they was . The food and service was such a treat its something we will miss now wer home .the days around the pool was beautyful and peace full we also met some great freinds who we wont forget . Thank you illyos and all at the gorkem hotel wat a great holls __!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Colin F
Immingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Gorkem. The hotel is an absolute gem and the family who own it are the nicest, kindest and friendliest people that you could wish to meet and cannot do enough for you.
It is set in beautiful gardens with a nice poolside area and stunning views of the mountains.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable with lots of hot water and sheets and towels are changed regularly. There is an extensive menu and the food is delicious, compliments to the chef.
If you want nightlife then a twenty minute walk into Hisaronu is where you will find lots of bars and restuarants.
We have stayed at the Gorkem several times and are returning in September, it is such a peaceful and relaxing place and would highly recommend it to those who have not been before.
The family work so hard and we would just like to say thankyou to you all for making our stay so enjoyable ( tesekkur ederim ).
See you all in September.

Thanks once again
Sue and Richard

1 Thank Sue503978
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oludeniz
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas
Hotel Pine Valley
Hotel Pine Valley
#1 of 50 in Oludeniz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,263 reviews

Been to Gorkem Hotel? Share your experiences!