“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 50 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
London
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2011

We decided to book a small hotel this year normally we book 4 to 5 star large hotel where nobody talks to you.wow what a difference musa and his family became our friends and couldnt do enough for us .we also got chatting to guests around the pool and made some good friendships .unsal hotel is the most perfect location for olu deniz just one street back from the main strip so you get a good sleep.we recommend pioneer travel company for trips a totally honest company who are located in the strip towards the beach on right.as for the hotel first class cleaned everyday and the best shower I have ever used just one niggle musa get some sets of draws for extra storage but a minor irritation.we don't usually return to the same place twice but would seriously consider it .had tears in my eyes when we left xx

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Andover, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

I have returned many times to this Hotel with several different friends. All have really enjoyed their stay. The Hotel is really clean and maintained to a much higher standard than many other hotels I have stayed in Turkey. Breakfast is typically Turkish, which I feel is great, because who wants to eat what we have in England? It's good to experience a different culture after all ! Musa, his family and staff cannot do enough to make your stay an enjoyable one and are lovely people. The pool is always quiet and good for chilling out. It is one of my main reasons for returning. It is also extremely clean. I love this Hotel and know that I will return for many years to come.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elaine E
MusaUnsal, Manager at Unsal Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2011
I would like to thank Elaine for writing her positive thoughts about this hotel. We have known her for 5 years and it has always been a pleasure for us to welcome her at UNSAL. After five years of visit in a row, she is now more of a friend than a guest.
I would like to send my heartfelt gratitudes for supporting us and writing her comments on trip advisor.
Musa UNSAL
redditch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Wow! what a fabulous little hotel, this felt like staying in your own private villa with a few friendly people popping in and out. Mussa and his family provide a very relaxed and friendly service, very unobtrusive but all your needs are met. The bar, rooms and pool area were all absolutely spotless. There are plenty of sunbeds and you don't have to fight to reserve one or get up at some ridiculous hour to put your towels out. It is surrounded by trees and gardens with the backdrop of mountains and you can spot loads of very brave parasailers circling towards the beach, which is just a few minutes walk away, we had milkshakes and some lunches by the pool and also bought some snacks from a nearbye shop and had those by the pool, Musa was very relaxed about this. Loads of good restaurants just a few minutes walk away. We are not the sort of family to want to go back to the same place twice, but this delightful hotel is on the list for another trip next May. Good resteraunts to try are The Blue Star and Sultan Mehmet, the dolmush to Fethiye is also a few mins walk, we went to the brilliant market held on a Tuesday and to the fish market where you can buy fresh fish caught that morning and the nearbye resteruants will cook it for you with bread and salad for 6TL.

Room Tip: all rooms have balconies but some are a little bigger than others, ask for one that overlooks the po...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

This is a small quiet hotel and perfect for us - just walk out of your room and down a few steps to the pool or bar. Some guests complained of late music from another bar. We did not hear it, but we do take earlplugs on all holidays. We we very impressed by the cleanliess of the room and helpfull staff. The town is totally dedicated to tourists, not my usual choice, but they do it very well. Restaurants galore with an amazing standard of food everywhere, and very friendly people. My highlights- a boat trip from Fethiya -'Jerry boat', a meal at the fish market in Fethiya, and a Turkish haircut where they set fire to your ears! I will return to Turkey again and would definately return to this hotel.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

We are regular visitors to Turkey (twice a year at least) and have been to Oludeniz several times over the last 10 years or so. Unsal hotel was the first hotel I stayed at in Oludeniz many years ago and it left a big impression on me. We have been back several times since. I cannot fault it! The location is perfect, 2 minutes to bars, beach (the most beautiful beach I have ever seen) and shops! But you don't get disturbed by the noise of a night! The family are friendly but not intrusive, the staff do there utmost to cater for your every want and need! I have stayed at larger hotels in Oludeniz but you don't get the relaxed, friendly, unrushed, no hassle atmosphere that you get at Unsal. The rooms are comfortable and clean, the food is great and you have a wide choice of menu, the pool is clean and inviting. Now whenever we get to Oludeniz we always try to stay at Unsal Hotel. As for allegations of theft from a room I have never known this to happen at Unsal or any other hotel that I have stayed at in Oludeniz, I have always found turkish people to be very honest and am shocked to see a review like this for a hotel in OLUDENIZ let alone for UNSAL HOTEL. Staff would not risk losing there jobs and the 'victims' should have called in the local police! We hope to go again next month and will be booking to stay at the Unsal.
We last stayed at Unsal in September 2009 - for a friends wedding at the Blue Lagoon - and the only reason we have not returned yet is my ill health, we hope to return next month!
Oludeniz itself is a beautiful, friendly place with lots to do. There is the beautiful Blue Laggoon a short, enjoyable walk away, lots of value for money excursions to places of historic value and adventure. Oludeniz is suitable for couples of all ages and families it caters for everyone.
Maxine Lang/Bernie Bristow.

Room Tip: Ask! If you want a ground floor - ask, if you want a pool view - ask!
  • Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Very very bad breakfast. Very little choice. Only two types of cheese provided which is not a Turkish hotel standard. Very boring breakfast, with the same overcooked hard boiled eggs, very bitter, unfresh tea and diluted coffee without the coffee taste. Olives were bad too, and the juices tasted like the tap water from that hotel.
Water from the bathroom has a very very bad taste and you don't feel clean after showering. The water didn't seem to clean or remove the soap on your skin. Something is so wrong with the water. You'd rather shower in the swimming pool although the pool is too small to fit all of the guests. It is really small.
Bed sheets and pillow covers were not changed for a week. Imagine living in a hot weather and sleeping on your own sweat. How disgusting could it possibly be?
The service was bad, especially the lady at the reception who is always wearing a huge sunglasses regardless whether it is day or night. We asked "how can we get to Dalaman airport?" The answer wasn't polite at all. Never in my history, I had stayed in a hotel in which the reception didn't know anything about the transfers and sightseeing places and in fact didn't bother to find out.
However, the location of the hotel is very close to the beach and all sorts of stores, bars and karaokes. And with that, you get noises at night till 2am. That didn't bother me but to someone it may. You also get clean towels everyday, and the bed is comfortable with a view from the balcony. Usually you see paragliders in the morning.
Unless they improve their breakfast and services, I would never ever go to that hotel again or recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Unless you want to eat boring breakfast and bring your own water for shower, don't bother to boo...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank erhandice
mosse-t, Manager at Unsal Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2011
First of all, i would like to thank you for writing your comments about the hotel on tripadvisor.
I want to assure you that all your critics will be taken into consideration and we will do our best to enhance our service regarding the negative points you have mentioned.
However, there are some points i would like to make about your complaints. The first one is about the water. The tap water in the hotel is not drinkable, so it is quite normal that it tastes bad. There is also a water purification system that eliminates the calcium in the water and the slippery feeling results from this purification. You think that it does not remove the soap but it actually does. I would suggest you did not make any comments about a thing that you have no knowledge of as the other people may have a wrong impression due to this comment.
As for the cleaning of the rooms, The rooms are cleaned every two days, sometimes everyday depending on the request of our guests and the sheets are changed in every cleaning so your claim about your room not being cleaned for a week is not a realistic one as your friend who also made a comment about your stay stated that the rooms were cleaned regularly. I would recommend you two to be more coherent while writing comments about a place so that both comments would match each other and would be trustworthy.
Except these point, i will take into consideration the other useful critics yo have made and will do my best to improve the service of the hotel.
Best Regards
Musa UNSAL

Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

The location of the hotel is good, very close to the beach, restaurants and shopping streets. We stayed in the deluxe room and it was spacious on the 3rd floor with a nice view of the paragliders. The furniture was new and clean, ceramic tiles both in the room and in the bathroom were new as well. Everyday cleaning ladies were visiting the room, changing the towels. We had hot water running all the time, with no problem.
The worst thing about this hotel was the breakfast. In Turkey conditions, such breakfast was incredibly disappointing. Honestly, it was the worst 'breakfast' I've ever experienced in a hotel. It was obvious they put zero effort in it, they were preparing exactly the same things everyday. Since we stayed there 5 days, it became a misery to eat exactly the same things everyday. Two types of cheese and olives, tomato, cucumber, over cooked egg, honey, one type of jam, packed butter, very bitter tea, one type of white bread. I'm Turkish and I know it's really not pricey neither difficult to offer couple of more different jams or vegetables or musli, especially different type of bread.
The pool was very small and not clean. The hotel overall was very dull, looks like no action was going on even though it was really the peak season.
It seems to be run by a family, not so sure just guessing because we couldn't even have any conversation with the people running the hotel, they were not friendly. Especially the lady who was always around the lobby and reception, not the young one, didn't help us at all when we asked her very simple questions about the region, didn't bother to even answer properly even though I asked the questions in Turkish, no way she had problem with language, she just didn't wanna bother herself to help us. I have traveled many countries yet I haven't met with such receptionists who are always around but not to help for the guests.
Overall, I don't recommend this hotel. It definitely doesn't worth the money. We felt very much neglected or not wanted at all. There was no Turkish hospitality. In Oludeniz region, there are many other hotels, if we go next time we'll definitely chose a different one.

Room Tip: 3rd floor, deluxe rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles