“Lovely place but not for me” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Mozaik Boutique Hotel Rooms & Apartments
Ranked #23 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely place but not for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

I have just returned from a trip to the Mozaik apartments which I have to say when we arrived I was very impressed ... However as the days went on LITTLE things changed my mind...

Firstly, we stayed in a swim up room and I felt let down as I thought if you had a swim up room you would be able to get out of the pool and sunbathe on your balcony.. the balcony didn't have any sun apart from very early in the morning and even if it did it wouldn't of had enough room for sunbeds... The room only had blinds on the patio doors and not curtains, the room was light from 5am which was a little early to be waking up.. all the apartments had curtains it was only hotel rooms...
Apart from that the room was very modern and really nice and the air conditioning was very very good ..

The resort was very very quiet and tranquil... there was very little interaction from the staff and very little music around the pool. If you want peace and quiet then this would be ideal for you. I think if you had a little child it would be fine, but from about 8+ other than the pool there was absolutely nothing for them to do... it was a little toooooo quiet for me, but my husband liked it...

Drinks and food were not expensive but were not reasonable either.. Mind you we were paying £4 for a milk shake, which I thought was a little expensive. We stayed B&B, breakfast was typicaly Turkish, fruit, cheese and eggs... We ate lunch there a couple of times which was nice.. There was a BBQ night which cost £35, the food was very nice but the belly dancer was a little poor..

The nicest restaurant we ate at were The Buzz bar, Buffalo grill, Help Bar and Ansfora .. The food was very nice in all of them. We went to Harry's bar one everning - we didn't get what we ordered and the staff spoke very little english (more Turkish than me tho !!) so we didn't even try to send it back but what we did get was horrible !!!! I would definately not recommend that to anyone...

I wouldn't say the stay at the hotel was value for money, a little too expensive for what you got but was nice, just not for me..

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Spotlight-ahaaha

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bandung
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

This hotel only give us compliment (coffee, tea, mineral water) in the day u arrive after that u must buy them and cook in the room. Dont expect u have new clean towel everyday, cuz they only give us once in the begining (we got one same towel for 6 nights). Beside it, soap and shampoo only get once when u arrive, so after it finished, u have to buy. Nice things for this hotel are friendly staffs, nice clean ladies, well organized for sight seeing, dinner at Buzz restaurant down to the beach, u will get discount 10%, some of rooms attach to the pool, so u can start swim from your balcony, has international tv channel although we missed Al Jazeera channel and BBC channel sometimes missed.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2011

We stayed at Mozaik Apartments four four nights while visiting Oludeniz. We were very happy with this decision.

Prior to our visit the email communication was efficient and we booked directly with the property. The property is less than a year old, but the service and the facilities were so good that it was like the property had been opened for longer. We were in a swim up suite (an end unit), which we could not swim right up to the room, but no big deal.

The room was very modern, upon checking in we were brought to the room where one of the staff promptly took the two twin beds and pushed them together and remade the bed into a King. The shower was very spacious (much more spacious than many european hotels). The TV had the best variety of channels that we had in any hotel in Turkey (there were quite a few days of rain, and unfortunately an upper respiratory issue that allowed me to utilize the TV more than I would normally :(). The bed was comfortable and the room was very quiet.

The pool area was well stocked with cushions for the cool adjustable sunbeds. The pool was quite deep and refreshing, very clean...liked the fact it was not just a square.

The restaurant was my favourite of the trip, the food was very good, and the portions were quite large. we ate most of our meals here because it was convenient, the service was great, and the price was reasonable for what you got. I loved the milkshakes - had one a day and the razzmopolitan. Overall the staff at the property was phenomenal - very friendly (conversed and got to know the guests), offered up suggestions, and despite the fact that they seemed to work every hour in a day they always served you promptly and with a smile.

I took a look at the other properties in the area and I would have no problems saying that this property was the newest and cleanest looking properties. It was one of the furthest from the beach, but considering Oludeniz has a party like atmosphere it was a welcome and peaceful place.

Room Tip: Did not see any room that was bad
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

After stumbling across Mozaik on a website, I did the usual trip advisor checks and read the great reviews, but I still always read these sceptically. Arriving in the middle of the night on Saturday, I could already tell this was going to be my type of place with chill out music being played at the bar. The swim up hotel room is straightforward with clean modern styling and a very handy iPod dock for your iPod and great TV and decent beds.
Not being a morning person, being able to roll straight into the pool never became tiresome, and having all your stuff right next to you has it's advantages.
The buffet breakfast is straightforward enough (need to add a croissant or pastry to the options!) and other cooked options are available at extra cost.
The food is very good and if your having the lazy day, makes for a very easy choice.
Cocktails and the whole bar offer everything you'll need and the bar staff are fantastic and can't do enough for you ( like finding the Canadian F1 at 1am, what a race!)

Turkish night with the BBQ lamb was delicious and the buzz bar in town was really nice with a fantastic sea view and similar chilled ambience.

If your like me and can't stand neon, don't worry about hissouri, but fethia is well worth a trip or two too the bizarre, fish market and harbour. Worth going early in the week encase you want to go again.

A topic week and abit and can definitely see myself back here soon.

• Stayed June 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

I just got back 2 days ago and i have to say this is one of the most beautiful locations in Olu Deniz. I have stayed in Olu Deniz 16 times previously ( what can i say i love the place ) but this hotel beats them all. Its tranquil, relaxing and romantic.....plus makes the best Strawberry Mojito i have ever had :).

All the staff at the Mozaik were so welcoming and it is absolutely spotless, I could not fault any of it.

We just can't wait to book again...we are even thinking of going again in September.

Room Tip: Swim-up room.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We stayed just two nights here with the goal of spending time at the Blue Lagoon. The location away from "the strip" was good yet close enough to walk to restaurants and the Blue Lagoon. We had one bedroom no swim up but top floor and could see a bit of the sea. Tons of families here but quiet enough. The apartment was very nicely furnished and comfortable. Staff were friendly and all in all our stay was good. The weather did not cooperate which sort of limited our activity but we got to the Blue Lagoon twice during the sunny times. Olu Deniz is definitely not Turkey so we actually welcomed the sound of the mosque reminding us that yes we were in Turkey. I would recommend this apartment style hotel for families...the kids will love the pool and the apartments will be comfortable. It really looked like the best choice for this tourist town.

Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

Just back from a weeks stay at Mozaik and all I can say is that it lives up to the reviews and the pictures on the website. Myself and 3 friends stayed in a two bedroom apartment which was spacious, clean and well equipped. We were intending to go to the beach but we never actually made it as it was so hard to tear yourself away from the stunning pool.

All the staff made us feel very welcome and couldn't have been more helpful. Osman even drove us to Hisaronu one night and down to the Buzz bar on another.

The hotel is very close to the Mosque but we only heard it on the first night as we had arrived in the early hours but we never heard it at 5am again.

We ate at the hotel a couple of times and the food was excellent. the cooking facilities in the apartment were great. I can recommend the cocktails too, they were great, especially the mojito. We ate breakfast and lunch in our own private garden with table and chairs every day which was a real bonus.

I would definitely go back to the Mozaik again and would have no problems recommending it.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends