“Excellent host, excellent stay!”
Review of Elze Hotel

Elze Hotel
Ranked #20 of 52 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Jena, Germany
“Excellent host, excellent stay!”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We decided to stay at Elze Hotel as we were curious about Sinan after reading tons of good reviews about him, and we are happy that we've done so! He's a kind of guy who goes out of his way to help his guests, he always takes notes when he hears something new with a potential to help other guests, and he gives you tons of alternatives when you happen to ask his advice on a matter. Do not hesitate to contact him if you can't decide where to eat, whether or not to try para-sailing or how to go to a specific destination in Fethiye -and be sure to ask whatever comes to your mind!

The room we got was on the upper floor and was very clean. The bed sheets and towels were freshly clean, and the cleaning lady was super nice - she even folded our clothes and towels on the balcony! The AC was a welcome touch during the day, but was not necessary at night as it is somewhat chilly in Hisaronu at night. Our room also had liquid mosquito repellents! Noise isolation was adequate as the hotel was full yet we did not hear anyone or anything during the night.

Breakfast was fine, and everything offered was fresh. When we had to get up at 7 in the morning for para-sailing they got up early and prepared breakfast just for us!

The hotel has a huge pool and during our 3 day stay, it was so well maintained we didn't even see a leaf in the water. We don't usually like to swim in a pool when the sea is near, but it was looking so good we couldn't resist, and our quick dip became a fun activity on its own. Also, the pool was always empty even though the hotel was full.

When we were leaving Sinan arranged a minibus for us and even took us to the main street with his own car, with no extra charge. Overall we paid 45 TL per person per night, and it was the best value during our vacation.

A friend of ours decided to stay in Elze Hotel in the last moment for a night and Sinan arranged an extra bed for him in our room in no time (for a very insignificant fee from our friend).

Our only issue was about Hisaronu and Oludeniz area, as the whole place seems as if it is designed for British tourists and it is very hard to find an affordable and genuine establishment offering quality Turkish cuisine. Sinan helped us tremendously about finding an affordable Turkish meal. If you would like to try some Turkish food, you can definitely go to Gozde Restaurant which is very close to the hotel. WiFi was very fast!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GiselleTowner

Business
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just returned from a stay at the Elze. What can I say, it was so relaxed and friendly. Having stayed in Hisaronu a good few times, I know most are relaxed but this was something else. Hardly anyone apart from another 3 people round the pool each day, even though the hotel was full. Rooms were basic as most of them are, but was cleaned every single day and clean towels left. We only had breakfast in our stay but the pool snacks were huge and not expensive at all. The whole family that own it can not do enough to make your stay special. Would and will stay again soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
South Bend, Indiana
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We were very comfortable here. We liked the small balcony and the fridge, and the sunlit breakfast room by the pool. A small but tasteful selection of food for breakfast, including fresh fruit and excellent tea. Sinan and Kamil Bey did everything they could to help us and we felt very much at home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Cologne, Italy
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Very busy time of the area we stayed here for a very decent price and we were quite happy with what we get.Very nice&clean pool. The room was not luxury but clean.Air-con and also Wi-fi was working suberp which were the main issues for us.There was a small fridge which was a surprise didnt tell in the webpage.
If we go that area again i won't seek an hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 6 February 2013

Usually i don't write rewiews but i don't want other people to make the same mistake as us. As probably many others, we trusted the good rewiews from booking.com and tripadvisor and we could never believe it's such a dirty and unpleasant hotel. Actually i can't name it "hotel"
It's an old house with old furniture, rooms smell very bad, they are not ventillated because the only window is very small. The bathroom is small, also with an awfull smell, shower it's fixed in the wall and dirty, you can't close the door. In the room it's just one light, just a bulb not a lamp or something. Above the door is a small window and all night the light in the hall is on so you can't sleep with all that light in your eyes.
Another BIG PROBLEM ARE THE ANTS!!!!!!!!!!!! A lot of ants, my GOOD!!!
We had some sweets in the room and we found hundreds of ants on them.
They wash the stairs with a hose, so we found a lot of water in our room, because of course it was a big hole below the door.
A lot of noise in the night, until 2 am from other hotels around. I could sleep only with ear plugs.
Breakfast the same every day, without any meat, just boiled eggs, turkish tea, cheese, melon and some jam.
I don't know why this hotel has so good rewiews, it's strange, maybe the owners take care of this.
So, think twice before you book Elze

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Dada D
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed 24 October 2012

The reviews on this hotel are far from the truth. Me and my wife decided to there when we were on our honeymoon, because it had unbelievably great reviews. Well, we had better done exactly that and not believed them.

It started out alright, when we walked up to the hotel it seemed like a cozy place and the manager greeted us and escorted us to our rooms. What was strange though was that he didn't require us to check in, did not ask to see any id's or anything which I would consider a security risk.

Anyway once we got to our room we were immediately disappointed. The room was absolutely packed with mosquito's, I am not excaturating when I say that there were more mosquito's in that room than all the mosquito's I have ever seen before combined. And on top of that there was no mosquito net like advertised, although they put one up when we requested it, but said no one had ever asked for it before (hard to believe considering all the mosquito's in there).

Now back to the room itself. All the furniture was very old fashioned, it looked like it had not been updated since the late 1980's, simple old solid wood furniture, messy cables from the old tiny tube tv and broken power outlets.

The room was dirty, there was fungus on the the bathroom door (like you can see on the pictures) but the manager refused to accept that it was fungus. He said "in order for fungus to grow on wood it needs to be wet. Well I guess he did not see that shower half a meter away from the door, which you were unable to close properly so it would spray right on the door. And he still insisted after i told him that I had previously lived in a home that turned out to be fungus infested so I could easily recognize it.

Additionally the room was stinky, the ac from the above balcony leaked on ours, the door handle on the closet fell off and the paint was very old. So after all of that happening within 30 minutes of arriving we decided to take our business elsewhere, I contacted the manager and told him the room was not exactly what we expected, he responded "Well what did you expect?".

So we told him all of the things we found wrong with it and what we had expected after all those great reviews we read online. After realizing that all the rooms were the same in the hotel we told him we were planning to find another hotel. Then we find out that the he had charged our credit card for the price of two days before we even arrived.

He said we could stay there for two days since he had already charged us for those two days, and then he would help us find another hotel. I found this completely unacceptable and in all my travels around the world I have never heard of a hotel charging the card before you arrive unless you arrive a day late or something, which we did not. And in those cases they only charge you for that one day in advanced, not two! I tell this to the manage who replies that he could have actually charged us for our whole stay so he was actually "being kind" by only charging us for those 2 days.

I refused to accept this since I was pretty sure websites like Venere state in their contracts that you could only charge for one day if you cancel within a certain time. He states there is nothing like that in the contract and then goes and prints out the contract from his computer, and says to me "look I was right" I read the contract and it seemed like he was right. But I then go to my room and read it again and then compare it to the copy I had printed out and taken with me. It turns out a part of the cancellation policy was missing, exactly the part that says that he only has the right to charge me for one day if I cancel within 10 days before my stay starts.

We then end up finding a great hotel to go to but we had to spend one night at that awful hotel that Elze is. During the night I could barely sleep because it was incredibly cold and I could hear the sound of the mosquito's buzzing against the mosquito net.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
10 Thank dean_snow
Reviewed 30 August 2012

It is a lovely place to spend your holiday.the sheets and towels are always clean.The breakfast is fully satisfying.the fresh fruit salad is really great.the location is good , and it is easy to get to the beach.The place is quiet and peaceful.The owner,Sinan, is very friendly and gives a lot of information about the places to visit around Olu Deniz and he also helps you to book the trips.We enjoyed our holiday.hope to come and spend our holiday here again. Esra

• Stayed August 2012