“Very pleased with Manas Park visit June 2013”

Manaspark Hotel Oludeniz
Ranked #35 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 23 June 2013

After carefully choosing a hotel based on location and reviews, we were very pleased when Manas Park exceeded expectations. A 15 minute walk to the beach front, Manas Park is well located overlooking the town and bay and away from some of the noisier parts of the resort.

Whilst other reviews mention the steep walk back, it is only the final 200 metres once you enter the hotel grounds that is tough going ... but you are rewarded with a spectacular view.

Arriving late at night, we were shown to our room and then awoke to the sight of a blue sky filled with para-gliders. The room was modern and spacious enough with a safe and regularly stocked mini bar. The flat screen TV had limited channels. The bed was on the small size but the only downside was the firm towel like bedsheet which was not the most comfortable and would have benefitted from a cotton sheet beneath it. However, whilst the air con worked fine, it was still warm enough not to require bedding.

Booked onto an all inclusive (as it seemed most others were also) we were really pleased with the quality of service and food. Lunch and dinner buffets had a great choice of salads, stews, grilled fish / meat, great Turkish bread, soups, etc. Although dinner was open for 2.5 hours, we would recommend going early as they did run out of the more popular dishes by 1 hour in. Breakfast was more basic and the same each day but lunch and dinner made up for this. Guests staying 1 week or more could go to the separate restaurant although it was only open a few nights and served a fixed menu of similar items to the buffet ... so there was no huge benefit in going.

The hotel grounds were really well maintained, constantly being cleaned. The garden area was lovely with beanbags, hammocks, rocking chairs and a centre-piece bar. This was a great place to hang out in the evenings. Whilst the hotel was quite busy, it attracted an older crowd (ages 30s and 40s) and so it was not party central but the DJ played music until midnight (but not loud enough to be heard in the rooms).

The pool areas had amazing views and was popular (but you did not have to reserve chairs as it appeared was required at many of the hotels we passed on the walk into town). The pool itself was on the small side but fine for cooling off.

The staff were very good throughout our stay, with the bar staff very attentive. The all inclusive drinks were good quality and they was no need to queue. Poolside staff regular walked around to see if anymore drinks were needed, which were then promptly delivered. At a few points during each day a range of good quality ice creams were served.

The hotel had a free shuttle service once a day to the Blue Lagoon a few miles away. They dropped you off at a restaurant / beach which had plentiful chairs (no charge) and a nice sandy beach (the driver was a very nice man, always helpful) . Swimming in the lagoon itself was very peaceful and you could either be picked up at the end of the day and returned to the hotel or walk into town (about 45 minutes).

It was clear that the hotel was striving to attract the less overly tattooed and beer guzzling of the region (thankfully no full English breakfasts here). Through good management (the manager was always there and led his staff very effectively), Manas Park was succeeding following its expensive refurbishment. Listening to others on the journey home, it was clear that many other hotels were not leaving the same impression.

In terms of improvement, the hotel could be stronger on communications to guests (it was not clear what nights the separate restaurant was open, the special nights did not seem to be promoted in advance) but these are minor points. Overall, this is a great hotel in a great location for a great price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank RobHargre

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I must be honest, when we first arrived I was ready to give this hotel 1 star but that was just because we had been travelling all day and just wanted to relax by the sea.
When we got there it was around 6.30pm local time and was starving.As the week went by I fell in love with this place and here is why:
# the staff where the friendliest ive ever come across
# the food was absolutely gorgeous (we where all inclusive)
# the food was fresh and all salad stuff was cool and chilled
# each day there was different foods available
# all staff could not do enough for you
# they where all so friendly
# the swimming pool was very clean
# the views where excellent.

however the location of the hotel was sold to us with "its just a short stroll to the beach", its not a short stroll but more like a mile stroll all down hill which is good, but when you are coming back from Ola deniz the hill to come back up is, believe me, a killer to walk up. You are well and truly knackered when you reach the hotel. But dont let this put you off because when you get to the little tourist jazzy town, you will be well impressed.
Its alive with local customs, friendly stall/shop owners (I even spent £97 on a man bag , and Im difficult to sell to) lovely bars, restaurants and cafes. During the day you can watch the paragliders come off the mountain range in one of the local bars and restaurants and they land in front of you, cloud 9 cafe bar is best or Harrys bar right on the beach front.
There are small mens barbers who use cut throat razors to cut your hair.
Dont listen to the whingers, you have to try this place because its brill.
Would definately go again.

Room Tip: over looking the sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank millie2008
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The cleaning of the rooms was minimal, but worse than that a pair of very expensive top of the range folding ray bans was stolen from the glasses case left inside the room. The manager did not even come out of his room to discuss this issue and the very arrogant looking women even had the bad manners to be grinning as we placed our complaint. Very convenient the maid was off the next day...when you go off on your day trips you need to lock all valuables away, many people seem to have access to the rooms. They have a very lovely man on the reception Ahmed who speaks good English and as the difficult job of trying to iron out all issues .it is not suitable for young children or the elderly. The hill is very steep and not all railings are safe.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Stayed 10-19 May 2013 for one week at the Manas Park with my two adult daughters and have to say we couldn't find fault with anything.

The whole hotel (inside & out) has been refurbished to a very high, modern standard with breathtaking sea views. I booked a family room which consisted of a room with a double bed & a room with twin beds connected with a bathroom between them. The rooms were large with a small balcony overlooking the pool and had a sea view, the bathroom was excellent with the best power shower I have ever experienced, a flat screen t.v and a fridge stocked daily with two large bottles of water, orangeade & 1lt of Pepsi (not cheapo stuff)! - the whole area was kept spotlessly clean, with daily fresh towels & bedding.

The Restaurant area has breathtaking sea and Olu Deniz views with bi - fold windows across the whole of the outside (excellent breeze) wall. There was plenty of choice at meal times for everyone. I love the Turkish bits & pieces/mezes and I was spoilt for choice both at breakfast & dinner. At breakfast there was always a choice of omelettes, fresh fried eggs & pancakes and lots of delicious fresh bread in addition to a huge selection of cheeses, olives, salads, jams, cereals etc... My 'picky eater' daughter loved the freshly cooked chicken & meats which were always accompanied by either home cooked potato wedges or jackets without much of a wait. The Manager was often around at meal times to check all was running smoothly and all the restaurant staff were lovely & attentive, ensuring soft drinks/wine/bottles of water were brought to you soon as you settled at a table. Both bars always had a good selection of alcoholic drinks and the wine was very drinkable!

The pool area was very clean and again super modern with comfortable loungers and glass balconies providing stunning views. Towels are provided and can be found each morning rolled up on each sun bed with additional clean towels in a wooden bin, these towels can also be taken to the beach with no restriction. The hotel provided a bus service to 'Sun City' private beach on the blue lagoon where sun loungers/umbrellas were provided free of charge.

All in all a great hotel, yes there is a walk into Olu Deniz but we found this to be no more than 10 minutes and walked in and back every night (take a torch) as it was a good way to burn off the excess calories. However, I would not recommend it if you have mobility problems as the hill can be steep in places.

Would we return? Most definitely!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
11  Thank Ayse17
Reviewed 30 May 2013

just returned from 2 weeks holiday and found this hotel well worth its 4 star rating ,it does need a few tweeks to get it up there with the best,food apart from breakfast was excellent great choice freshly cooked,salads to die for rooms cleaned every day ,the hotel is nipping clean we had the lowest rooms which we thought were the best by far,the only down side was the hill but its not as bad as people say,staff were the friendliest we had come across esp erron the barman and ibrahim the food and drinks boss he would do anything to make your stay as good as possible,dont miss turkish food night its fab, all in all weve had a great stay and will be going back again soon,i highly reccomend this hotel which are trying to get even better

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank tushPeterlee
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have just returned from a two week stay at the Manas Park Hotel. The hotel is very nice. The rooms are a good size and comfortable. The showers have great water pressure and plenty of hot water at all times. We had a room at the top of the hotel so did not have problems getting to the dining room, pool and bars as these are at the top of the hill and we were soooo glad about that. The hill would be very difficult for people with mobility issues in fact we struggled on the couple of occasions we tackled it to go to Olu deniz. The maids came in most days but not all. In fact if I am honest they were not very good. More about this later.

The food was plentiful although at the beginning of our holiday the main courses were not labelled and this was annoying. The salads were great and of course there was always a good selection of cakes. There is a snack bar at the pool which you could get pizza burger and chips if you didn't want to use the main restaurant at lunch time, and later in the evening. The waiters have limited English but could understand what we wanted. Drinks are served to your table in both.

The pool area is not crowded. There are plenty of sunbeds and there is no need to get up at the crack of dawn to get what you want. Thanks to Feliz it was always kept tidy. She would straighten your towel if you left your bed and continually check that you had drinks. She was a godsend. All the bar staff were very good as were the waiters. The garden bar area was our choice as we found the loud music a bit too much at times. There are very comfortable bean chairs and sunbeds. Plenty of shade too. There is a small play area for the children with swings and seesaw etc. This is set at the back of the garden away from the edge which has steep drop and would frighten me if I had little ones with me.

Now the warning: It pains me to tell you this but feel that I must for reasons that will be obvious to you. Early one morning I got up very thirsty and went to the fridge to get a drink. We were about five days into our holiday and the fridge had not been restocked since our arrival. Having already polished off the Pepsi that was there I chose the remaining 7UP to open. I was half a sleep and gasping for a drink so I opened it and took a swig from the bottle (bad habit I know). It was not 7UP but was a cleaning fluid!!! As I only took a mouthful I managed to spit it out in the sink before swallowing much. It burnt my throat and made me vomit, I immediately went to reception and told the duty manager who confirmed it was cleaning fluid and was concerned for my health. He took me to the restaurant and gave me yoghurt to help the burning. The manager was notified and arrived about an hour later. He seemed very concerned although he doesn't speak much English and was helped by the animation guy who did. They arranged for a doctor to come to me who wanted me to go to hospital. I didn't feel I needed to as I had only taken a mouthful and not swallowed it. My throat was very sore but he just advised me to drink plenty of water for the rest of the day which I did. The management offered me a move to a superior room free of charge but I was not after that. I told them that I was just concerned that it was a very dangerous practice and that they put something in place to stop it happening again. It could have been a child who would perhaps not have spat it out quickly. They assured me that they would. They were obviously sorry that it happened as they sent me flowers wine and fruit as an apology. BUT I was dismayed to see the maintenance man later in the week with a litre water bottle with something in it that was NOT water. Perhaps had I been seriously injured or even killed like the poor lady in Cyprus who lost her life after such an incident, they would have change their practice. Be Careful.

Also while we were there we saw a very large snake!!! It was at least three foot long and quite thick and terrified the staff as much as us. They did cut back the grass around the garden area and put some sort of powder around. It was the first snake they have ever seen there so maybe just a one off. Be Careful.

Don't let this put you off the hotel as the service is excellent. The location stunning and I would go back even with the events that occurred.

Room Tip: To avoid the walk up the hill to the bars restaurants and pool choose a room in the main building.15...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LiverpoolKim
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This hotel was spotless clean in every area, the food was plentiful and varied the ice cream, and fresh cooked pop corn at the bar in the evening was most enjoyable.

All the staff were friendly and totally efficient nothing to much trouble, all very hard working.

The position of the hotel was perfect for views across the area, yes there is a small hill to climb to and from hotel which would not be suitable for some but once you got used to it, it was not to bad we had a small breather half way up.

We had a standard room which was at the top half of the hotel so no hill to go up/down to the restaurant or reception,(room 1601 which was first floor)the room and balcony was small we had a sea view but looked into the restaurant which was not perfect, the furniture was dark and very dated, however the bathroom was new and done to a very good standard always hot water. We did ask to see an upgraded room this was larger with exactly the same furniture but we would have had to climb the hill every time to the pool and restaurant's so made the decision to stay put, we were not on holiday to sit in a room/balcony.

The pool area was lovely always plenty of sunbeds and parasols, and the garden was perfect with hammocks, garden swings and bean bags along with tables/parasols and a garden bar, perfect if you wanted to be quiet away from the pool.

Entertainment was the normal always organised things through the day and night by the guy who resembled Rodger Feddera a very friendly chap, didn't see anything organised for the young children but they all seemed happy in the pools. There was a free bus to a beach area which we went to, it was lovely not to be missed.

If you want some very good quality leather take the bus to Fetiyea and go to Tunc Leather it's on a corner by the Harbour don't buy in resort, this shop is brilliant they do some really good deals bags are better quality and customer service is first rate would not waste my time again looking at other shops.

The area and the hotel we thought was lovely and would return, a perfect place for a relaxing holiday.

Room Tip: Larger rooms are low down all have sun loungers and parasol outside however you would have to climb...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family