“10 out of 10”

S3 Orange Exclusive Hotel
Ranked #18 of 54 Oludeniz B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We have just returned from a 7 night stay in the Orange Hotel. (July 29th to 5th Aug) We have been going to Olu Deniz for many years now and this hotel was the best yet. We had a ground floor room with a jacuzzi bath & double bed as requested. The hotel staff were very accomadating. There is nothing bad I can say about our stay here, We are planning a holiday for May 2014 and will be staying here again and then again in August 2014.

Superb Hotel worth every penny!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor room's are superb

Reviewed 13 August 2013

My husband and I have just returned from our stay (29 July-5 Aug). We have been coming to olu deniz for several years staying in many different hotels, this hotel is by far the best hotel we've stayed in. We had a ground floor room, jacuzzi bath and double bed as requested. The staff were superb and nothing was too much trouble. The hotel was extremely clean, pool area was quiet and relaxing as was our complete stay. We are planning to return to the same hotel in may 2014 and will also stay in August 2014. Looking forward to returning. Thank you to all staff for making our holiday so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ground floor room was superb , but all rooms are of the same quality.
Reviewed 6 August 2013

We booked this hotel via Holiday Mate on their recommendation.

The rooms as of average quality and beds are of a good standard. We asked for a topper to be put on the make it slight softer for our taste and they were happy to help. The cleaning of the rooms however were not great. They went through 3 cleaners while we were there. The next one was always better than the previous, but it still needs to be better. We were on the ground floor which was great for the pool and not having to climb the stairs. But the trade off is that you can hear all the water and drain systems of the rooms above. This is a little annoying if you want a lay in.
Breakfast was basic, however Turkish breakfast is unless you want to pay for cooked etc.

We found all the staff friendly enough. If there was a problem they were only to happy to help.

The pool area is by far the best thing about this hotel. As it only has 24 or so rooms the pool area was never crowded. On some days it was just the 2 of us around the pool for 3-4 hours.

Notes for improvement if the hotel ever reads these reviews, which would make it better.

Better quality orange juice for breakfast. Oil the squeaking gates and put some sort of buffer to stop them banging. Better cleaner for the rooms. Better cleaning of the pool and pool area.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the hotel are quieter, as you can hear the water system and drainage on the grou...
1  Thank Simon555
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We arrived around midnight on the 24th June, one of the young lads who spoke very good English was waiting for our arrival and showed us straight to our room.

Our room was lovely, very clean with a pool view/balcony/minibar just as we requested! Towels were changed everyother day, bed sheets probably changed once but who changes their bedsheets everyday anyway?

All staff were very helpful!

A lot of people moaning about the breakfast on the reviews; the breakfast is a traditional Turkish breakfast – olives, meat, eggs, tomatoes, melon, fresh bread, tea and coffee. We had boiled eggs nearly every morning sometimes on bread or toast and that was good enough for us! The one morning we went for a full English next door at the Magic Tulip which was lovely (£4.50) with a drink.

The hotel is in a perfect location, you literally walk out of the hotel and turn left your on the beach, with plenty of beautiful beach bar/restaurants with open top roofs! (Recommend Buzz Beach Bar but make sure you make a reservation as they are always fully booked as the food and views are amazing). There is also an Italian Restaurant called Bella Gusto, I had possibly the best lasagna here ever and pizza and mozzarella sticks :).

The pool area at the hotel is so tranquil, the Para gliders are above you while sunbathing and there is a pool bar which is very cheap – 6 Turkish lira for a large ice cold bottle of Efes = £2.00.

We went on two boat trips – The Sunset Cruise with a company called Focus cost us £5.00, 6.30pm -11.30pm. Firstly you watch the Sunset go down which is beautiful, you then travel to little beach where they have a bonfire, music and dancing, you also have food on the boat which was enjoyable. 1 tip – make sure you don’t go dressed up – I did and I was so hot – forgot the sun would still be blazing at 6.30PM! Also had a profession photographer on the boat who took some amazing snaps £20 for aload of photos

The second boat trip was a day boat trip travelling to the 6 islands with the same company cost around £9.00, 10.30am – 5.30pm, food included again!

DALAMAN AIRPORT WARNING!!! – Don’t be fooled - The prices here are ridiculous – I was starving – the Big Mac meal at Mc Donald’s costs £11 … make sure you take food to the airport…The fella fancied a beer at the airport but when he found out the price he refused to have one as it was around £8.00 a can of beer! Even a packet of crisps were around £4.00 a pack!

Overall though – I cannot wait to go back to Oludeniz – I don’t know why so many people have never heard of the place! I loved this holiday and were even planning to go back in September this year!

For the price I paid for this holiday - Its was worth every penny!

Room Tip: Choose a room either with a sea view or pool view!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank x_Stacey3_x
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We have just returned from our first Turkish holiday having spent a week at the Orange Hotel (4 - 11th July)
We had 2 attic rooms with views across the roof tops to the sea and surrounding mountains - great to sit and watch the numerous para gliders that land on the beach.
Our room was clean and comfortable - bedding changed once during the week, clean towels provided 3 times and rooms cleaned daily.
Breakfast was traditional turkish with lovely fresh bread, cheese, cold meat, melon, oranges, sweet chillis, beautiful tomatoes, sliced cucumber and a selection of honey and jams. Tea and coffee on tap with a type of orange juice drink (not my thing but it seemed popular)

A cooked english breakfast could be ordered for a very reasonable price and for the past 2 weeks they have been offering an evening menu which is beginning to prove popular (tho we didn't get round to trying this)

The pool was perfect and never crowded so you didn't have to worry about getting a sunbed as there was always plenty free.
At the most there might have been 12 guests using the pool and sometimes we even had it to ourselves.
Drinks and icecreams available at the poolside, so all in all very relaxing.

The staff were very friendly and keen to ensure our stay was comfortable - the manager is very quiet but we always found him friendly and approachable, and his sister who co-owns the hotel does all the admin' and is extremely helpful.
Stam is the general barman/waiter and there is another chap (whose name I forget) who covers the night shift and helps out during the day when he isn't sleeping. They all work very hard and are very friendly.

Our room in the attic was quite warm but the air con (£4.00 a day) was very effective and an absolute must. We also had a safe box (£2.00 a day) but to be fair I think the resort is probably one of the safest, trouble free areas we have ever been to.

The only reason I didn't give the hotel 5/5 was because I think the shower room was a bit poor - it was clean enough but the shower leaked badly so we were forever mopping up puddles and the fixtures and fittings were a bit tired. Having said that it did not cause a problem and we plan to go back in October for another week as we had such a lovely time.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms cooler. Sea view rooms great but only if able to manage 4 flights stairs as no l...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Debra A
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Hotel room was on ground floor near pool, was nice size also bathroom with jakuzzi bath was roomy, rooms were kept clean, although only one poor girl left to clean after another walked out, as someone else said Umit the manager was not too friendly except surprisingly the day we left when he decided to give us a hug along with his lovely wife and beatifull little baby girl.
The main downfall for me was the breakfast, only one sort of meat, cheese, boiled eggs, crusty bread, jam and cereal and tea and coffee, some days there was one juice, i asked for yoghurt from day one but never had any in ten days.
Pool area was nice and clean and mostly quiet but it was the middle of may.

Room Tip: Ground floor seem to be larger than others, very near pool but obviously no view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maureen W
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We arrived quite late at night to be hurriedly escorted into the hotel next door (blue star) whilst being spun a yarn about the hotel being full but not to worry as they've booked us into their sister hotel next door. This seemed quite well polished and after a long day traveling we really couldn't be bothered with a debate over it. We were then put into a basement room of the blue star which wasn't the same standard of the rooms of the orange hotel and unlike the room I had originally booked. I immediately took this up with the manager in the blue star who stuck with the 'we're sister hotels we're all the same company' yarn until I mentioned that we were supposed to be in a Jacuzzi room. He got a little annoyed with that (not at me) and rang the orange hotel and had quite a heated chat with them. He told me to go and see them in the morning then proceeded to tell me that he was just helping them out (so not sister hotels then).
The next morning I went to see them in the orange hotel and yet again the buck was passed this time to the agency we booked with. Eventually but only after I mentioned the difference in price in the blue star they asked me to stay there for one more night then moved us but with no offers of a refund or even a hint of an earnest apology. I found this whole charade a very stressful and inconvenient way to start a holiday.

After all this had happened and once we got into the room we originally booked I was very happy with the standard of it although it was in need of some minor repair in places it was clean and airy. The towels were changed most days however I don't believe the bedding was changed and there were holes in one of the sheets. Some noise was audible from the room at night although this wasn't too loud and I was able to get off to sleep without too much hassle. I decided against using the safe as it was not fixed to anything just left on a shelf in the wardrobe. Air conditioning was an extra £4 a night but was worth it as it did get hot and stuffy at times and made the room more comfortable.

The pool area was lovely and clean although it was quite limited in size and space (it could fill up early some mornings with a number of the guests hogging loungers German-style from early morning until dusk despite not being at the pool for several hours). That said we barley used it and spent most of our time next door at the Blue Star's larger pool and bar area with the rest of my family anyway. We enjoyed being there as the atmosphere was better and there was always space.

The breakfast was very basic and very repetitive (blue star put on a far better buffet) no fruit juice which was annoying, a coffee machine that would break routinely, some bread, eggs, cheese, mystery meat and if you got there in time some fruit. Not much of which I was able to eat due to my dietary requirements and so most mornings found me wandering to the nearby restaurants for a cooked breakfast. The restaurant did offer some evening meals though we never ate there.

The management were sullen and completely non engaging as many of the other reviewers have said while the rest of the staff appeared to have limited English though at least made an attempt to smile and say hello.

All this aside the location was fantastic being within a short walk of the beach and many restaurants and bars and overall we did have a lovely holiday and enjoyed our stay. I highly recommend the restaurant and the bar next door in the Blue Star. We ate there quite a few times for lunch and dinner and it was often full. The staff and manager were fantastic and very attentive with swift service. But by far the best meal for food and service we had was at the Swallows restaurant which is slightly further up the hill on the road that you come into Oludeniz on. As it's not on the beach front its very reasonably priced and you get a 10% discount card with your bill. I just wish we hadn't found this place on the last night (they also do a full English for 7.5 tl). We also had a nice seafood meal at Harry's which is on the beach front and elevated so overlooks the sea front and was very pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple