“Very good, clean hotel”

Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Very good, clean hotel”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hi, we traveled to this hotel as a family of three. The hotel is very clean and staff are very friendly. The hotel is very close to the main strip but you cannot hear the loud music from the strip when in the hotel. Rooms were cleaned daily. However, in my opinion, I do not think this hotel caters for children as there is no entertainment of a night time. We got up for breakfast around three times in our 1 week stay and it was nice as well as staff always there to greet you.
However, we did book a trip to Dalyan (Turtle Beach) with a company down in OluDeniz. The day we booked to go, we got put onto the transfer bus for quad biking. Which is a mistake but was not a big deal as we got re-booked onto the Friday trip. Asli the receptionist at the hotel speaks good English and she kept us updated on what was happening with our transfer. She was always polite and goes out of her way to help anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank courtney l
frontmanagment, Front Office Manager at Ocean Blue High Class Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2015
Dear Courtney I,
We really do appreciate the time you took to write your amazing feedback following your recent stay at the Ocean Blue High Class Hotel . We were delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I have also taken on board your comments regarding our staff.We definitely share your nice words with them.
Thank you again for your feedback on behalf of Ocean Blue High Class Hotel team. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel to experience the improved services.
Please do not hesitate to contact us directly with any questions or future needs.

info@oceanbluehighclass.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Myself and my husband stayed 12 nights at this hotel and cant wait to return next year with the rest of our family. Firstly let me say the staff here are excellent we are a well travelled couple and have never recieved this level of service anywhere else. Semih the bar manager is an asset to the hotel his english is perfect and he just cant do enough for you "anything is possible" thats his words not mine. Jamie is a total gentleman as are the rest of his team musa erdem nori burak and the rest of the guys. Last but not least is ali the reservations manager oh my god what can i say this man is a legend. His professionalism is outstanding and his friendliness is so warm and sincere. The hotel staff even baked a cake for my husband on his birthday and made us feel like royalty. Food and drink at this hotel is of the highest standard and their turkish night is not to be missed. Thank you all so much at ocean blue for an amazing holiday we'll see you all next july

Patricia and gerard fox

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Foxyladybelfast
Dear Patricia Fox,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the Ocean Blue for two weeks at the end of June. Many positives about this hotel. However a few negatives.

Positives - the staff at the hotel are great. They do go out of their way to help you.
The rooms are lovely. Nice comfortable bed. We had the attic room. A little bit small but that never bothered us.
Pool is lovely and cold and very clean.
Never a fight to get a bed around the pool. There was six if us and always managed to get six sun beds.
Sheila who works at the hotel was a massive advantage. As there aren't many English speakers in the hotel. She helped us out a lot during our stay!
Very very close to the main strip! And had a lovely bar a across the road the we drank in most nights by the end of the holiday.

Negatives - the spa! Very very pushy at up selling. I unfortunately fell for it! However while I was down in the spa waiting to get my Turkish bath I asked the main guy that spoke English if I could have the massages another day. I mentioned that 40lira was a good price. He laughed and said "no darling, £40" so he was very sneaky and not clear about the prices! So I just said I'll pay for the Turkish bath and that was all. I was very angry how he had treated me down there and spoke to Sheila about the matter. She was horrified by the way he spoke to me. So I would 100% not recommend the spa at this hotel!

The attic room was extremely hot as it was the third floor up. Getting ready was a nightmare! The air con wasn't great. Never had cold air coming out of it and it never went below 18 degrees!

I thought the bar guys were quite pushy with trying to sell their Turkish nights and jazz nights etc. We had already made plans on the nights of these and they were still trying to see if we would come after saying a numerous of times that we had already made plans.

I would suggest that you always paid with cash instead if using your room number to start a tab. They don't have a great system with it. There were a couple of times they had charged another room for our drinks because they wrote the wrong room number down! They were also trying to get more money from us by the end of the holiday ,because they thought we hadn't paid, when we had!

I would definitely come back to this hotel and would recommend this hotel, now knowing how the hotel is run!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Vicky W
Dear Wicky W,

The Spa is a concession to the hotel, and run by a separate manager. Unfortunately, we have had several complaints about this person, and have dealt with it accordingly. We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity, and I am sorry this person misled you.

I apologise for the error with the room charges. We cannot blame the computer system, as it only reserves the information input manually, so the reception & service personnel have been trained to be more vigilant, as these mistakes can happen, if not checked thoroughly.

Istanbul
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Hi, we stayed at the Ocean Blue just last week. We only booked for a couple of nights, but after we'd checked in, we decided to extend our stay for another day. The location of the hotel is great as it is close to the extremely colorful main street of Hisarönü where all the restaurants and bars are, but also away from the noise, it was very peaceful and quiet.
There is a shopping center (Migros) just across the hotel so it is possible to buy fruit, water, etc.
The swimming pool was ok, the decoration around the pool was lovely. The rooms on the ground floor have access to the swimming pool from their balconies directly. We were on the top floor, the room was small but adequately decorated.
The staff were really helpful as well. We used the free shuttle service to get to the beach.
The breakfast was good, as we were on half board, had a chance to have dinner as well. The variety of the food was very good.
We did not have any problems, if we ever go to Hisarönü again, Ocean Blue will be the only choice for us.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor have access to the swimming pool from their balconies directly, but it...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Efso
Dear Guest,

Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks after having a bit of a nightmare staying somewhere else. . What can I say absolutely fantastic. . Ali the reception manager was so good to us and sehmi and his team at the pool side bar was fabulous. . Weather was hot and hotel was A1... lovely swim up apartments. .we stayed in a rooftop room the view over hissarounu was magnificent. .we have booked again for next year ..well worth it

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank julieharki
Dear Julie H,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Wife and I stayed for 2 weks to 10th July, absolutley brilliant hotel, the staff cannot be more helpfull or efficient, many thanks to Ali for resolving the problem over the romm, not the Hotels fault but the booking agent. Nuri, Semeh Jamie and all the staff were superb,

The hotel is ideally situatedfor the town town, (2 minutes walk), food excellent, great selection of cocktails and snacks during the day

I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough

Bill & Cath Liverpool

Room Tip: Request a swim-up room, really made a difference to the stay.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Bof49
Dear Bill & Cath,

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stopped for 10 nights half board in the middle of June

I will start with the positives-

-The hotel is amazing, its clean, modern and up to a high standard, we stayed in a swim up room which was a great size, the swim up balcony is more of a novelty but did come in handy. Our room was clean to a high standard also.

-Staff we're great, always polite and will do anything for you, some of the reception staff we're lacking in speaking english, but there's always someone about somewhere to help you in english

-The location of the hotel is great, is nice and quiet, but literally is two seconds away from the main town, we always nipped across the road to Garden Bar which was great.

-The pool was large and clean, the sunbeds we're comfy and didn't struggle to get one in the day. The beer was a good price to say it was inside the hotel, and they would always offer to bring it to you.

-Breakfast was good, the seating areas outside are great and i enjoyed the days we could have pancakes cooked for us, fresh fruit/ toast always there.

The negatives

- The men who work in the turkish bath reception we're extremely disgusting, they just stood and stared at my girlfriend in front of me, looking in the wrong places all the time, they seemed to find the whole situation funny as well. The guy in there tried to oversell too much, too pushy, just say no. (The actual turkish bath was great, and the man who did the bath was fine also)

- I caught the maids in someone elses room trying on their belongings and taking pictures, which i found rather disturbing knowing that could've been our stuff, and our room was not clean until around 3PM some days, which was annoying as we couldn't come in for rest without having to expect them.

- The evening food didn't wow us, very much the same food every night, mostly turkish dips and things from the night before, i'd recommend going B&B as its so cheap in the town for meals, and you get a lot more choice and better quality.

- The hotel says you can't bring your own drinks in, but we did ignore that and got our water from AZDA just up the road, as its under 10p and bottle, and water isn't really something i feel i have to pay a premium for seeing that its a necessity in 40 degree heat.

Tips-

- Go out for meals, its around £7 for 4 Courses in most places
- Get water from AZDA
- Go to HolidayMate ( across from the mosque) to book excursions, as its a UK accredited company and won't rip you off
- Get your lira whilst in turkey, and you will get a better rate than the UK, check in shops or restaurants and they may offer a better rate, e.g the Indian restaurant had a better rate than the exchange shop.
-Dont feel pressured from the spa staff, just say no if you need to.

Room Tip: Swim up rooms are nice if you a willing to spend extra
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DiaryBook
Ali T, Front Office Manager at Ocean Blue High Class Hotel, responded to this review, 6 April 2015
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor, and the very positive comments about Ocean Blue High Class Hotel. We were delighted to read that overall you enjoyed your time with us. I have also taken on board your comments regarding our staff.We definitely share your nice words with them.

In reference to some issue we are so sorry,
I am sorry you were both made to feel uncomfortable in our Spa. It is run as a concession as part of the hotel, but has it's own staff. I have passed your comments onto the managment of the hotel concerning this unacceptable behaviour, and am glad that it didn't spoil the Turkish Bath experience for you.
I wish I had been made aware of the issue concerning the clean team, as I would have dealt with it immediately, our cleaning team decorate the rooms with flowers and take picture of the room sometimes is could be misunderstanding however, I will be addressing this with the managment, and those concerned.
We are improving our culinary area every day, and strive to achieve a high standard of choice, flavours, and variety. We are sorry you felt you didn't experience this within your stay with us.
All hotels have a policy of not allowing guests to bring their own food and drink into the premises, as we have a short season of 3 months, and are a business, but I have taken your comments on board about the price of water.
Unfortunately, the clean team have every room to clean daily, and change overs take priority, so I apologise if the cleaning was at an inconvenient time for yourselves.
We hope that you will come and stay with us in the future, and value all your comments, so it enables us to improve and correct any issues,