“Due to stay in September”

Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is most probably one of the best hotels In turkey,it's my 11th visit to lykia world and you can't fault it for the price I'm due to go on the 6th September and I know it's going to be amazing once again hopefully the new buyers of Lykia world haven't changed it too much but what else does a 21yr lad need you've got wicked food,sun,all inclusive and one of the best animation teams around see you all soon :) Lloyd Addicott x

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Lloydaddicott
LykiaWorldOludeniz, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Hi Lloyd,
Greetings from Lykia!Nice to hear that you are excited to visit us for the 11th time .When you come here in September, you will see the changing with your own eyes and you will not be dissappointed.
See you soon.

Liberty Hotels Lykia

Write a ReviewReviews (2,582)

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Just returned from 10 night stay - the hotel was recommended by a good friend who went 2 years before (although out of season). After booking I checked trip advisor reviews and was alarmed to see some recent quite negative comments about the resort which made me a bit worried about going with my family but really it was nothing short of fantastic that I cannot believe people complained about it. We booked through Thomas Cook which I will not do again; transfer from airport was long, coach was grotty and they tried to sell us almost everything - a complimentary bottle of water would not have gone amiss. Our return flight was 3 hours delayed with little / no info from them. We arrived very late and asked for a midnight snack from reception which was delicious and the bellboy took our bags to our room and we were escorted in a buggy. Oludeniz looked like a bit of a dump as you go through it, Lykia was the last stop but could not have been more different. Tucked away in the mountainside in its own vast area of beautifully maintained grounds overlooking the most stunning bay - we were blown away by it. We stayed in the Village in a lovely room just by the beautiful adult only infinity pool, we had our pre-dinner drinks there and I managed to slip away from the kids a few times for a swim. The kids (4&6yrs) slept on a sofabed in the room, it had a big dip in the middle which worried me but did not affect them they had so much fun we had to drag them out of bed in the mornings! Room was slightly tired looking but nothing to worry about, most importantly bathroom was fab - modern with massive double ended powerful shower. The location, staff and food make this place. We travelled with my in-laws and between us we have been on some very nice 5 star holidays and eaten in some great places but we were amazed by the selection, quantity and freshness of the food. Breakfast alone was unbelievable - fruit stall, freshly baked bread in about 30 varieties, pancakes, waffles, bacon, eggs, someone making fresh omelettes, cheeses, olives, yogurts, cereals everywhere you looked food was being prepared. Fresh coffee was lovely. At different times you might struggle to get a table in an air conditioned spot so we started going at about 9am instead. There was a lovely lady who welcomed us to breakfast everyday and we were looked after by Murat who was so friendly. We noticed that some people (one nationality in particular) were quite rude to the staff which annoyed us - the staff worked tirelessly in extreme heat to provide an excellent service. At the first breakfast we were befriend by Engin who was outstanding and looked after us at the Marina at dinner in the evenings - on the first night he got us a table overlooking the sea and after that if we came down and there were no tables he even moved people around to accommodate us, we were a table of 6 so it made it harder to seat. Another day we sat just outside his area and we were looked after by another really lovely waiter. They were all extremely attentive and never stood still. There are wasps which was my main worry but the desserts were not crawling in them as one review said and the staff put up wasp traps, burned incense and were very quick to clear away any plates to ensure it wasn't a problem. The food again was sublime, if you want to eat burger and chips you can but the rest of the food was varied and amazing especially the fish all cooked fresh in front of you. There was a vegetarian section, soup stand, salad bar, fruit piled high, kebabs, varied hot food selections, someone making fresh pizza from a pizza oven etc. The puddings were incredible; a Turkish selection plus an ever changing assortment of delicately made pastries and cakes, in 10 days I had different ones every lunch time and dinner. The kids had unlimited ice-cream cones at lunch and dinner were also very good esp lemon & caramel ice-cream as such we didn't need to buy them any outside of this. We tried several of the speciality restaurants to have a break from the crowds - Turkish was the best. You could do as much or as little as you liked here, there is step, yoga and Pilates on the beach, aqua aerobics in the main pool twice a day. The beach is a bit stony but once in you are fine and there is a jetty with a ladder, on the first day it was too wavy for my 4 year old, I am glad we went back on calmer days as the sea was just gorgeous and the sun shades they put up were fantastic. The children's paradise was incredible my kids never got bored of it - there is something for kids of all ages and we all liked the slides!! You can eat lunch up there but we preferred to go down to the Marina. We didn't use the kids club but if we go back we would as the programme looked very good. My husband and father-in-law tried paragliding which they really enjoyed. The evening shows were great too plus there is a disco - if you want to escape the noise the beach bar at the other end is more chilled. The hotel was full but there were so many places to chill out that you can always find a quiet spot. My only niggle was the photos being taken by the professionals - if you pay to do an activity they should be included and on the last day we went to the photo shop to see the pics taken of us around the resort and they wanted £235 for them (£5 per photo) which is really too much. Also don't underestimate the heat in July / August, my father-law got sunstroke - you need to wear a higher than normal sunscreen. We were so impressed with Lykia World that we have to go back - they take such pride in it, everywhere you go someone is attending to something. From the cleaners to guest relations nothing is too much trouble. It was very hard to leave - we will def be back am interested to see what the new owners do to the place for the new season.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank Russha

Dear guest,
Wish you a nice day from Lykia!Thank you very much for your kind feedback.We are very pleased to read such a positive review and honored that you were satisfied with our services,food and staff.
Thank you for taking time to share them on Tripadvisor.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you here again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

My partner and I had a 10 night stay at this hotel a couple of years ago and it was amazing.
We annoyingly arrived at 6.30am but this was due to flight delays from the tour operator.

Food/
As a fussing eater im always worried I will go hungry on holiday but there is soo much choice that I ate something different everyday and was loving the fresh local produce too. Theres three main free restaurants to eat in although we prefered the Marine restaurant as it overlooked the beach.
Drinks are only free during meals, wine, beer & soft drinks.
Hotel
Our room was extremely clean & spacious with a double shower & balcony.
The hotel has 18 pools but we spent most time in the adult infinity pool that had amazing views.
The resort is massive so the little shark shuttle buses helped us around the place.

Location
Lykia World is set on its own away from the main Olu Deniz strip but is a 10minute taxi ride away. You can also get the local bus but this is only one an hour.

Entertainment
They have the best entertainment ive ever seen for a hotel. During the day the staff are on hand helping especially with the kids and every evening they put on a live show. Im 30 but believe me it was so good I never missed a showed and still remember their 'Shake Shake Shake Shake Lykia World give me some more....' song.

Excursions
Theres a lot to do in Olu. Personally I would recommend go to the main Olu Deniz town and booking there as its half the price of booking direct with the hotel or tour operator and regardless of who you book with you go with the same companies.
We did the trip to Dalyan, turtle beach & mudbaths... that was £13 each for the day which included the day long boat transport. And madly my partner talked me into paragliding, loved every breathtaking minute.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Wish you a nice day from Lykia!We are very pleasured to hear that you enjoyed our facilities,food,entertainment .We are very happy to read your beautiful review.Thank you for sharing them on Tripadvisor.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you here again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

The first thing you notice about Lykia World is that it's vast. Vast I tell you. Lykia World is one of the few man made holiday structures that can be seen from space. I like small and quiet so I have no real idea why we even booked this holiday. Actually I do. Our travel agent Elaine told us the kids would love it and I could find a quiet place and drink beer and read books. This is what a family holiday means these days. You're trying to tick off lots of boxes which really aren't that compatible. Kids (aged 9&11) want water slides, buffets, lots of other kids, endless coke, multiple pools, continual stimulation and my wife and I want to kick back, snooze, read books, eat some nice food and not be bothered every 5 minutes by a child saying they're bored. So Lykia World it was. It delivered on its promise.

The resort
So as I was saying it's huge. Mega in fact. There is a central town square set up with a big bar and at night they have the entertainment here. There's also a giant amphitheatre where there are nightly shows. I'm sorry to say that we didn't do any of these because by 10pm the Griffs are usually finished and so my ability to give first hand feedback is compromised. Some nights the faint sounds of many people applauding would carry through the air to our room so it's fair to say that some people were enjoying it. There are also a bunch of shops where you can buy holiday essentials like giant bags of paprika crisps and life size inflatable dolphins. The resort is built into the mountainous hillside of whatever coast we were on. This wasn't a cultural trip so I didn't even bother to look where we were going in the geographical sense. It was Turkey. “Where abouts in Turkey did you go?”, they ask, “no idea”, cometh my reply. At the top of the resort, up the hill, is Kids Paradise, which is basically a water park. This is where we spent most of mornings as the kids did their water thing and we got sun loungers over in the quiet corner of the park and I quaffed beers and let the sun caress my little pink body. At the bottom of the resort is the sea which has a private beach and a pier and pontoon for jumping off. The main resort pool is in the middle of the complex. I heard rumour of an adults only pool over in the East of “The World” but we didn't do this BECAUSE IT WAS A FAMILY HOLIDAY. It's so big that there are buses constantly looping on a circuit so people can get about without having to expend energy. On the last day we stumbled into whole new part of “The World” called the Residence. I have no idea of what this was and why it was different, or indeed why it was there but there was another huge pool and lots of people around it. Like an alternative World but everything was slightly different.

The food
Now we realised after the first night that meal times is a free for all. There isn't s seating service so you're on your own when it comes to finding a table and you have to have your wits about you. Once you get a table then you're fine but it does add a layer of stress to proceedings. The self service buffet is pretty good, lots of fresh salads, fish, meats and pretty much something to keep everyone happy. There is also the tap of eternal beer which I loved. You go to the tap, you put your glass under it, and it delivers a half a pint of freezing cold lager. You can do this as often as you are capable of doing it and I thanked the tap for making my afternoons all fuzzy and happy. For lunch we would happily go down to the Marina Restaurant overlooking the sea and pit our wits against the Russians (more on them later), but in the evening we took advantage of the restaurant package deal. The resort has a number of restaurants which you can pay extra on top of your all inclusive package to go. So we paid E150 and got 4 nights out in the Sushi, Chinese, Turkish and Fish restaurant. I was amazed at how good they were, really top class and excellent service. Yes it's odd to have Chinese food in Turkey but it was really very good. The restaurants are small and out of the way and you get a time to come and a table that is waiting for you. Like a restaurant in many respects. If you only do one of these then I would recommend the fish restaurant. We also took a taxi to Fethiya which is the local town and ate out there one night. Well worth the visit and great for buying high end T shirts and shades at very reduced prices.

Other comments
Its very popular with Russians. Fortunately I happen to like Russians. I could watch them for hours. Mesmerising. Like a soap opera that I don't understand. I like their eccentric dress sense and their ability to balance prodigious amounts of food on a buffet plate. I love the patriarchal dead facial expressions of the alpha males who seem to disapprove of all this flim flam but at the same time clearly love it and the amusing slightly risqué coy photo poses of the girls. The women are beautiful and totally understand about carbohydrates. I love their bathing costumes and their funky hair cuts. Never once did I see them fall about drunk or fight each other. It's heartening to see them spread across the worlds holiday destinations after living for so many years under the cold tyranny of socialism. Think about that if you vote for Ed Milliband. This is what he wants for you. There's no cynicism with Russians and when they go away they properly kick back. They let it all hang out. My only regret is that I can't speak Russian and I always feel a bit left out of their holiday party. There were lots of English folks too although my wife has a grumpy resting face so we are not the sort of people to come back off holidays having made lots of life long friends because people tend to avoid us because we appear unfriendly. I did speak to a lovely British lady at breakfast about the omelettes but she was leaving at lunchtime so we didn't converse again. I didn't see any Germans or French.

All inclusive works well. Everyone in the family gets a swipe card and you can pretty much get everything you want all the time. Although on the kids cards you can't get beer. The cards get you everything, like a credit card that you never have to pay for, and I rather missed it when I got home. I want a Lykia World card in the real world.

The staff are great. They all speak English so communication isn't a problem and if they don't speak English I often find that saying the same thing over and over again whilst increasing the volume usually gets you what you want.

You can't reserve seats with towels. Yes yes yes. Every other resort on the planet please follow their lead.

Rooms were great. Spotless and modern. We had a family suite which is two rooms, a double for us and two single beds in the kids room. The air con works well and the shower was brilliant.

Reception should be about 5 times bigger for a resort like this. They are lovely people, indeed all the staff are great, but they are under pressure and need more help.

Breakfast is good with a big choice of stuff and freshly baked bread and fruit and that rather oddly addictive holiday bacon you get when you're in a big hotel. I felt a bit guilty eating pork products in a Muslim country but I think in “The World” you are not really in Turkey but in a parallel dimension so I was able to put it to the back of my mind. You still have to fight for tables, but getting there a bit earlier can make this easier.

Travel was easy, the resort is about an hour from Dalaman Airport which is new and modern and whizzes you through on the way in so that Turkey can get to work relieving you of your money and then exits you quickly again a week later to make more room for more people they can relieve money from. Many airports should take note of this. This region of Turkey turns over 600 million Euros a season and keeping the punters flowing in and out painlessly is a good strategy. We got a car transfer rather then the hellish bus trip which drops everyone off at their resorts and takes 2 days. Always worth forking out a bit for this in my opinion. As a side note I'm stunned at the amount of my moronic countrymen who try to take liquids through the xray machine despite the massive signs saying not to take liquids through the xray machine and everybody telling you endlessly to not take liquids through the xray machine. I would be prepared to bet money that Russians don't try and take liquids through the xray machine. Flights to the UK are about 4 hours. We used Thompson airlines who spent the 4 hours trying to sell me stuff I didn't want.

I would highly recommend leaving “The World” for a day and doing a river cruise up to Dalyan and the turtle beach. The tombs hewn out of the mountainsides are incredible. There's also some sulphurous mud baths which are worth a visit. We had a mud bath and for the next day smelled like old eggs. It was fun. The whole excursion was arranged by the hotel and was 50 Euros and well worth the money.

So to conclude, I don't think I'm going to be one of those reviewers that goes back year after year but the kids had an epic time, they preferred it to Carlisle Bay in Antigua, my perfect spot in the entire world which would cost about 3 times as much and which sort of says it all really about a family holiday. If they're happy then I'm happy. Next year we're thinking of going to Russia.

50  Thank gavgriff

Dear guest,
Thank you very much to write such a long review on Tripadvisor to share your holiday experiences.Nice to hear that you and your family enjoyed your staying and you were satisfied with our services.
Hope to welcome you here again.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Had a lovely stay and we nearly missed our holiday because of a mix up with dates, but Thomas Cook were very good at helping us get standby flights. Huge relief because it wasn't a cheap holiday. Maybe Thomas Cook could send an SMS or an email (like Cineworld or the NHS do) to people before their holiday because you spend ££££'s on it and they send you your tickets months in advance now whereas before you'd get them a few weeks before.

I don't really have any major gripes, although I did think it was strange that there was no information in the rooms about hotel services i.e. a little book explaining checking out times, excursions, meal times, facilities etc. You had to look everywhere for notices on the various noticeboards around the resort. Quite time consuming in that respect. And I sometimes felt that the staff were a bit bored by you asking them questions. Also, our air con kept cutting out during the night for a whlle and then would start up again. We did mention this to our Thomas cook rep, but it never got sorted out.

Wasps were a bit of an issue for us, however, a lot of people who were in the know were asking the waiters for some ignited ground coffee during mealtimes, which creates this smoke to get rid of the wasps. It does seem to work rather well when a lot of people are doing it.

I highly recommend a meal out at the Sofra restaurant. It was a much nicer meal than you get at the Village or Marina restaurants. And there is a bellydancer included in the price. I also think the Marina restaurant was nicer than the Village one - best to get there at 7pm on the dot though as it can get very busy.

For those travelling on late flights who are worried about getting something to eat before bedtime, also bear in mind that there are frequent snack times throughout the day (again it takes a while to notice when these take place) and I do believe that there is one about 11-11:30pm ish.

We didn't get a courtesy room, but there are showers you can use before your journey back in the Residence indoor pool in the Hamman spa area.

Some people have said that the rooms etc. are a little tired, but at the same time the photos don't do this place justice. The room we were in was still very nice. The surrounding landscape is just stunning and the sea is beautiful. Take scuba shoes though as it is a bit pebbly. The sandy beach is located at the blue lagoon in Olu Deniz - you can easily go there for a few hours via taxi (they will come back for you at an arranged time). There are snack bars, toilet facilities and peddloes there. It's very nice. We also went to Olu Deniz one evening for a visit after dinner.

The shopping trip to Fethiye was so so. I liked going to the bazaar in the Old town, but the rest of it was a bit of a waste of time. The turkish delight factory visit was really pointless. Why not just buy it at the bazaar as you don't see it being made as such. And I don't think it is very ethical of Thomas Cook to take you to a fake bag shop - who makes these bags? Are they made by organised criminal gangs? And it's not that cheap either. A £100 or so for a fake chanel bag is just a rip off.

This might come across as a bit moany, but I think this resort is very good value. I would come back again, although I don't usually like to revisit places. The children's paradise was a definite hit with my children and they coudn't get enough of the giraffe slide, which was sadly closed for two days while we were there.

I highly recommend a visit to the Turkish bath on your first day there to get exfoliated before you start tanning - it makes your skin very soft. And a dip in the infinity pool is also a must. My only regret is that I didn't do the paragliding - I was a little unsure about the insurance.

That bloody Lykia world song is still stuck in my head...

3  Thank Travelsnowandagain

Dear guest,
Wish you a nice day from Lykia!Nice to hear that you enjoyed your staying with us.Thank you for taking time to share your holiday experiences and for your recommendations.Hope they will be helpful for the other guests who are planning to visit our resort.
Hope to see you again here.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

We have just returned from our second visit to Lykia World, our first being 3 years ago. We travelled as a family of four, with a 6 & 9 year old. We enjoyed ourselves as much as last time & kids did not want to leave. I am aware that Liberty Hotels have taken over & are due to do a massive refurb, which is well overdue. The rooms are very dated & basic, although clean.
A few negatives: Trying to get a table in the Village restaurant at breakfast is challenging, to say the least. If you do find a free table, you often end up sharing with others. There are far too many large tables, & not enough smaller ones (eg for families of 4). Finding a spare table at the Marina at dinnertime is also difficult, which is a shame as this is by far the nicest place to eat, with fantastic views. If you want to take advantage & stay by the pool late & then eat late - forget it! The restaurant staff literally clear everything away dot on 21:30.
One change since last time which we did not enjoy, was the awful, extremely loud club/techno music at the Village dance floor most nights. I felt we were in Bodrum, not Oludeniz! we unfortunately could still hear it from our bedroom till 2am. There was a lovely beach bar where we preferred to spend our evenings.
There are way more positives than negatives: Childrens' Paradise - loved by both adults & kids. No matter what time you went, there were always plenty of comfy sunbeds & brollies. How refreshing! Great kids club with lots of variety activities for all ages. Food was very good, especially at the Marina (once you got a table!) & lots variety, including different fresh fish each night. Staff were lovely & helpful. Hotel is positioned in a beautiful spot, amongst the mountains & by the sea. We hired the new private lounges while the kids were in the club which are a nice addition to the hotel & the adult pool by the Neptune restaurant was blissful.
It will be interesting to see what Liberty Hotels do with the complex & if this changes the holiday prices, as presently, it is good value for money. Depending on this, we may come back.

Room Tip: If staying in Village, ask for rooms furthest away from Reception as loud club music continues till...

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking time to share your holiday experiences and for your recommendations.Hope they will be helpful for the other guests who are planning to visit our resort.Wish you and your family enjoyed your staying with us.
It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you here again.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Firstly this review is constructive criticism and not meant to be negative, but an honest guide for future holiday makers.
Tip 1. If staying at the Village the rooms are disappointing and if you have chosen a room that sleeps 2 adults and a child (put me up bed) be warned as as the size of room is limited in space. If you have the choice select a 2 bedroom apartment or suite. Also check which block you are in as you may have a trek everyday to get to the action.
2. if you are a keen scuba diver or beginner then please please take note. A very nice lady offers trips stating an all day experience 2 dives and boat trip for those that don't want top dive. In reality your destination is just round the bay from the hotel and you will have to spend 10 hours and only complete one dive. Very dull and a waste of your valuable holiday time.
3.Any trip organised by Hotel or Tour operator is quite shambolic, time is never an issue with transfer and once again you can spend an awful amount of time waiting around.
4. Finally be patient when it comes to the Russians, it is my belief that they do not have any concept of common decency or etiquette, be prepared to be accommodating as your first impressions may be that they are rude, but in fact they just do not know how to act in a manner that we would expect. I witnessed several incidents involving all nationalities and they all experienced a surprising lack of compassion and politeness from our eastern European friends. I'm sure in time they will understand how to behave more considerately to others. It did get a bit tiresome but no harm done.

Room Tip: please see comments above
4  Thank Iain16

Dear guest,
It will be a pleasure for us to welcome you here again.