“Beautiful resort at the Sensido adults only highly recommended”

Liberty Hotels Lykia
Ranked #16 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Beautiful resort at the Sensido adults only highly recommended”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We paid a supplement for a very nice side room at the newly refurbished Sensido adults only part of the hotel. It's worth asking for a room on the upper floors as you then get a clear view across the mountains and beautiful pine forest and catch the sunset each night. There were plenty of double sun beds set in shady secluded areas amongst the pines surrounding the private beach which had clean clear water matching the nearby blue lagoon. Food at the buffet style restaurant was of the highest standard with plenty of variety for all tastes by themed nights supplying anything you could wish for so we didn't feel the need to pay a supplement for the a la carte restaurants. Intimate tables could be found in the outdoor areas with views of the resort. I would describe the meze style food on the Turkish gala night as works of art and the flavours were excellent.. We took a reasonably priced 15minute speed boat trip across the bay to visit the Blue Lagoon and Olu Deniz town. It was great fun when we were picked up by Tanner the proprietor for the return journey - if you come here this is a must, just make sure you ask for Tanner! Only complaint would be that the air conditioning in our room was not turned on and this was not rectified throughout our weeks stay. It was not out of order so we assumed that the management deemed that it was not quite high season enough to warrant having it on. All staff were friendly and helpful and made us very welcome, especially at the beach bar.

Room Tip: Side rooms on the upper levels for views of the mountains across the pine forest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StephanieHSH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had no preconceptions about this resort and I had been to this part of Turkey previously. In fact I was a little apprehensive when I read some of the reviews before going.

Booked a tennis holiday (with Active Away) so in my mind the primary concern was about the coaches. They were simply 'outstanding'.

What I hadn't banked on was how good the hotel was going to be.

Firstly it is vast. Some may dislike it for this very reason but tbh it is cleverly designed to give everyone options. Quiet pools and areas away for folk who prefer to be away from children and vice a versa!

The standard of food & drink was fabulous & I'm fairly critical about what I eat. It was also in abundance which again may not appeal to everyone. As an all inclusive, surely you expect nothing less.

The staff were friendly and mostly efficient, and it's readily apparent that hygiene and cleanliness are high on their agenda. Always reassuring for a traveller.

I went on my own and found no problems whatsoever, although being part of the AA group helped to have a magnificent holiday. The Sentido bar being the main haunt after dinner.

Went on the paragliding/sending trip - awesome and well worth it. Not scary in the slightest (even for a female!) and it just reconfirms what a lovely county Turkey really is.

Would I go back? Most certainly.

Would I recommend it? Might just want to keep it all to myself but yes I would.

Wish I was back there right now, always a good sign.

Room Tip: To avoid children, stay in Sentido
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Badnis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just come back from this resort, my god it was beutiful. Stunning views and very scenic.

This place has it all, we did not want to leave the resort, from the room to the food, everything was to a very high standard.

I am definitely going back again and again.......

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mohammed Z
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The resort is located in one of the best spots of Fethiye-Oludeniz. It has a blue flag beach with very clean sea but the beach areas is not very comfortable.Do not expect a sandy beach. Though there is an artificially made up children beach in the farest corner...
The resort has recently been taken over by a new group and the name changed as "Liberty Lykia" , it has been split into two parts; Liberty Lykia is open for families with children and "Sensido" is open for only adult accommodation. The resort is way too big but you may use shuttle buses for transportation within the hotel.(every 15 min)

Liberty part offers a great deal of alternatives for child entertainment and have a dedicated area for children "Children Paradise" which includes a big aqua park.

The cuisine, variety of food and quality of personnel was appreciated. The hotel rooms are moderate(not new and shiny) but clean.
The a la carte restaurant services are not included in the price, which is mostly included in those kind of resorts.

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to reception. It is a huge hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Berivana2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I don't know where to start with this one! I am from a hotel background and normally I will pick a place to pieces ...lykia world, in my experience is absolutely faultless. This is the best resort I have been to in a long time. It's clean, staff are down to earth, friendly and helpful. The resort itself is immaculate. I honestly don't have a bad word to say.

We took our kids 8 & 9 and they couldn't have wanted for more. They have done all the water sports which you pay extra for but it's great. They go banana boat, speed boat , jet ski, water boarding and a final zip up parasailing. They are all in great hands, the staff are wonderful and really looked after them. There's tennis, golf, archery, football, kids clubs... It's all here.

Reception were always helpful and courteous, house keeping were tip top, mini bar filled and fresh towels every day. Bar staff are superb, entertainment was good quality. Even the little hop on bus driver was jolly.

The children's paradise was lovely and the food was fine too. We set up sun beds right up top so we got to read our books and chill whilst the kids swam and slid till they could no more. Plenty of staff to watch and many kids entertainers to play with too!

The food in the main restaurant was great, we tended to just do late breakfast and evening dinner. Just a pattern we got into, but lunch is lovely too. All cooked I front of you, fresh bread made in front of you, fresh pizza. Really quite a feat in organisation. Chefs everywhere, all doing their best. The waiters and waitresses were always happy, prompt and kept your wine flowing.

I had a massage in the spa in a beach hut over looking the sea. It was one of the best massages I've ever had. I also used the hairdresser for roots and a pedicure (it's a bit cheaper than the spa ) the owner, Rose and her staff were super.

My husband went diving, and whilst there's not a vast amount to see, he was pleased to get some diving hours in and top up his padi hours.

I feel really lucky to have had such a seamless holiday, we booked ours through the travel attic. (See Facebook) and it was her suggestion. Well... You came up trumps Amy !

I loved everything about this place. They have got it right. Trouble now will be.... We have been spoilt!

Room Tip: Try for a sea view but it's not the end of the world with a garden view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Howhardcanitbe3
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We are looking to book a wedding at lykia world June 2015 but unfortunately there are no photos available of where you would actually get married or is it best to book to get married at the lagoon?any feed back would be greatful

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lynz K
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My fiance and I visited lykia for 10 days between 13-23 may 2014. From when we first arrived, to the moment we left we were astounded by the beauty and size of the place.
For the last 3 years we have only gone for 2-3 star accommodation. So this clearly knocked the socks off of all that.
We were staying the the Xanthos block (which was brand new! ) which is about a 5 minute walk from the beach.
The beaches are beautiful, though very pebbley. There are a few board walks into the sea. There is also a beach bar which offers great views.
The brochure offers 9 pools, though we only found 4 plus the children's paradise (which we didn't venture too far into). The main village pool is lovely, great views, and good entertainment. The sentido (16+) pools were nice but a little too quiet for us.
The restaurant in the village was lovely with loads of choice and great scenery, watching the sun set every evening (just watch out for wasps! There's loads!)
The complex has everything you need, including a load of shops.
The evening entertainment is great in the hotels own amphitheatre.

Unfortunately if you want to head out into Olu Deniz you will need to take a taxi as it is roughly 3 km away and very unsafe roads.
Also, unless you are desperate to go the the blue lagoon beach it's not really worth it. Nothing like the pictures. And costs 7tl each to get in.

We went on 2 excursions, the jeep safari and fethiye by night. I'd recommend both, though the reps on the fethiye trip didn't seem to have a clue where we were going (was early in the year I suppose)

Overall, a fantastic holiday and was very sad to leave

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple