“Exceeded all expectations”

Ranked #18 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
London, United Kingdom
“Exceeded all expectations”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've never written a review before but I was so impressed with lykia world I felt I needed to share the love.

I booked the holiday mainly with my children in mind, wanted somewhere with lots to do for kids, lots of pools etc. But also somewhere I could just relax by the pool. I wasn't that bothered if it was fancy as long as it was clean and the food was edible. The price was very reasonable so I was kind of expecting butlins in the sun, I was very wrong.

We arrived quite late, around 9.40 and we were told to dump our bags, go and eat and come back later to check in. We were led through this lovely little village (part of the hotel) with shops and bars and a sea view and down to the hugest buffet I have ever seen. The choice was immense. You could eat there for a month and not have the same thing twice. Fresh grilled seafood (cooked in front of you) BBQ meats, freshly made pasta, hundreds of salads and vegetable dishes, wood fired pizzas and freshly baked breads, soups, cold meats, cheeses, deserts galore, an ice cream bar. Efes lager on tap and as much wine as you can drink. The main restaurant is on the beach so the views are stunning. We never had trouble getting a table or a high chair although you may have to wander around a little first.
The food was delicious, amongst the nicest I've eaten in a resort and definitely the best buffet/all inclusive - beats cruise food hands down. Breakfast and lunch are also served bugger style. Lunch is much the same as dinner but breakfast was my favourite meal of the day. Pancakes, waffles, eggs, made to order omelettes, fresh fruit, cereals, cheeses, fresh bread. A very wide variety. The coffee is delicious and there's a machine where you can press your own fresh orange juice at no extra charge. This was popular with us. There are various snack times available around the clock so if you miss lunch or breakfast one day. You will still be able to find something to eat. A favourite with my son was the pancake bar which opens daily.

Back to check in which was hassle free. We had requested a low floor room which we were given. Golf buggies are on hand to deliver the you and the luggage to rooms. We were very impressed with our room. I think, from speaking to other guests we had one of the new ones as it had clearly been recently done up. LED lighting, touch panels, smart TV etc. Very nice indeed. We had a family room which consisted of 2 separate roomy bedrooms (we were expecting a sofa bed situation!) and 2 balconies. My only grumble is that because there are so many rooms they can be quite far away from the centre of things and it's quite hilly - but you get used to it and the walking stops you putting on too much weight ;) there is a mini bus that take you all around the resort every 20 minutes if you really hate walking and a couple of times when I was loaded down with the buggy and bags, the driver kindly dropped me at my block instead of the designated bus stop. I was also lent a buggy (free of charge) for my older child for the duration of the holiday as he would get too tired to be walking back up to the room late at night. This was a nice (and useful) touch.

Although we did leave the resort on a few occasions (Turkish bath, town, market, blue lagoon etc.) if you didn't want to, there's really no need to. The hotel has it's own impressive stretch of beach (far end is a lovely little lagoon) with inclusive beach bars dotted along. Sunbeds are included, as are ALL drinks including spirits and cocktails (they are local brands and not premium so as long as you're ok with that). I like efes anyway so the beer went down nicely and the wine was nice too. Not vinegar water ;). There is a chargeable wine bar if you want to drink branded vodkas and champagne etc. Drinks are served in proper glasses unlike any other all inclusive I have been to (unless you are by the pool) and if you want a drink of water you are given a bottle (small or large) not a paper cup. The one thing I would suggest is that they provide plastic cups and plates for kids as my 4 year old had a couple of breakages when helping himself to food and drink. As far as I'm aware the drinks are available through the night, I know in some resorts there is a shut off point but once the main entertainment area closes at 12 there is a nightclub which remains open. It's not exactly a westend club but is a laugh if you fancy a drunken boogie after hours.

The resort is kept lovely and clean, rooms, toilets and all food areas. There was a bit of a wasp issue around the food (especially deserts) but some nets were going up as we were leaving around some food areas. I didn't see (or hear of) anyone getting stung but they are a bit annoying. Not sure what could be done about it though short of moving all the food inside and I liked the alfresco dining personally. I don't particularly like wasps but I handled it ok and it wouldn't put me off going back. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. Bar and restaurant staff couldn't do enough for you and were great with kids. My little boy refused to go into kids club alone but as far as I could tell there was a packed programme of activities for all ages (they even put on a very impressive kids show once a week in the amphitheatre) there is also a baby club from 6 months open for 3 x 3 hour sessions a day. I did leave my baby once for an hour and he was very well looked after. I didn't have a need to aside from this as I had a lot of adult help in my party but would be great if you wanted a nice peaceful meal :) there is a 24 hour baby kitchen with large fridges, sterilising equipment etc. If you are bottle feeding. Very useful. One night (late) we had a leak in our room and somebody arrived within minutes to fix it. No trouble at all.

Staying on the subject of kids, at the top end of the resort there is children's paradise which is basically like a water park for them with all different pools, slides, mini beach, etc. Ideal for all ages, lots of sunbathing space. There is also a kids restaurant here with things like fishfingers and pizza where little ones can eat lunch and dinner. Even the toilets and tables and chairs in this area are miniature. They have thought of everything.

There are several other pools, I don't think we even got to see half of them as we were mainly at kids paradise or down at the main pool. Towels are readily available (the towel lady at the main pool is a bit grumpy but didn't have trouble anywhere else) we never had a problem getting a sunbed but as we were leaving the half term was starting and it was noticibly busier so I don't know what the sunbed situation is then. There are plenty of places to sunbathe though. There are even 2 pools as part of the kids club (one is fully shaded!)

There are lots of shops in the resort. Most of which are reasonable. The shoe shop was comparable to market prices and the quality was better. The man in there was also helpful and friendly. The bag shop I found to be better than the market. Slightly more expensive but much better quality (market bags were shoddy and overpriced) the man is also very helpful and if you can't find what you want, will try and bring it for you. Was very pleased with my purchases. I don't think I would even bother with the market next time, was good to see but very hot and crowded. The only other shop I used was the one selling inflatables, sun creams etc. It's very overpriced and the kids try and drag you in to buy them toys etc. In the evening. The people weren't exactly helpful and after spending 90TL on an inflatable with a water gun which didn't work, we weren't offered an exchange. Bit disappointing. We ended up leaving it there.

Most places prefer you to pay in English money so maybe just take a handful of TL and the rest on sterling or euros. Most prices around the resort are in euros.

We tried a couple of the a la carte restaurants (at a charge) which were nice. Probably no nicer food wise than the buffet but it was nice to be served and sit and chat for a change rather than charging around the large scale buffet ;)

Entertainment wise we were not disappointed. There was a good (professional) show on every night in the amphitheatre which we all enjoyed. Music, dance, magic, acrobatics. And it was different in our second week (was expecting repeats) this was followed by entertainment up at the main bar. Sometimes a dj and disco, other times a show type thing and one night there was a very good dj set with bongo players. Entertainment staff are on hand to get everyone dancing and they have breakdancing dance offs which is fun to watch. There are activities during the day like football, water polo, Zumba etc. If you're not the type to relax in the sun, you won't be bored. I saw lots of tennis players and we had a round of mini golf.

Quick mention about the watersports/paragliding company located inside the hotel called escape and my little boy did the kids in action package on our last day. It was 64 euros and good value for money. He did paragliding, banana boat, doughnut, jet skiing and a speed boat ride and had a fantastic time. I was nervous about it but he was well looked after. We also booked a private boat trip through escape which was lovely too. Highly recommended.

I never really go back to the same place again but I am definitely booking up to go again next year. We all thoroughly enjoyed it, it was great value for money and much more luxurious than we had expected or hoped for.

• Stayed May 2014
18 Thank BeachBeerLover

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We paid a supplement for a very nice side room at the newly refurbished Sensido adults only part of the hotel. It's worth asking for a room on the upper floors as you then get a clear view across the mountains and beautiful pine forest and catch the sunset each night. There were plenty of double sun beds set in shady secluded areas amongst the pines surrounding the private beach which had clean clear water matching the nearby blue lagoon. Food at the buffet style restaurant was of the highest standard with plenty of variety for all tastes by themed nights supplying anything you could wish for so we didn't feel the need to pay a supplement for the a la carte restaurants. Intimate tables could be found in the outdoor areas with views of the resort. I would describe the meze style food on the Turkish gala night as works of art and the flavours were excellent.. We took a reasonably priced 15minute speed boat trip across the bay to visit the Blue Lagoon and Olu Deniz town. It was great fun when we were picked up by Tanner the proprietor for the return journey - if you come here this is a must, just make sure you ask for Tanner! Only complaint would be that the air conditioning in our room was not turned on and this was not rectified throughout our weeks stay. It was not out of order so we assumed that the management deemed that it was not quite high season enough to warrant having it on. All staff were friendly and helpful and made us very welcome, especially at the beach bar.

Room Tip: Side rooms on the upper levels for views of the mountains across the pine forest.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank StephanieHSH
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had no preconceptions about this resort and I had been to this part of Turkey previously. In fact I was a little apprehensive when I read some of the reviews before going.

Booked a tennis holiday (with Active Away) so in my mind the primary concern was about the coaches. They were simply 'outstanding'.

What I hadn't banked on was how good the hotel was going to be.

Firstly it is vast. Some may dislike it for this very reason but tbh it is cleverly designed to give everyone options. Quiet pools and areas away for folk who prefer to be away from children and vice a versa!

The standard of food & drink was fabulous & I'm fairly critical about what I eat. It was also in abundance which again may not appeal to everyone. As an all inclusive, surely you expect nothing less.

The staff were friendly and mostly efficient, and it's readily apparent that hygiene and cleanliness are high on their agenda. Always reassuring for a traveller.

I went on my own and found no problems whatsoever, although being part of the AA group helped to have a magnificent holiday. The Sentido bar being the main haunt after dinner.

Went on the paragliding/sending trip - awesome and well worth it. Not scary in the slightest (even for a female!) and it just reconfirms what a lovely county Turkey really is.

Would I go back? Most certainly.

Would I recommend it? Might just want to keep it all to myself but yes I would.

Wish I was back there right now, always a good sign.

Room Tip: To avoid children, stay in Sentido
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Badnis
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Just come back from this resort, my god it was beutiful. Stunning views and very scenic.

This place has it all, we did not want to leave the resort, from the room to the food, everything was to a very high standard.

I am definitely going back again and again.......

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mohammed Z
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The resort is located in one of the best spots of Fethiye-Oludeniz. It has a blue flag beach with very clean sea but the beach areas is not very comfortable.Do not expect a sandy beach. Though there is an artificially made up children beach in the farest corner...
The resort has recently been taken over by a new group and the name changed as "Liberty Lykia" , it has been split into two parts; Liberty Lykia is open for families with children and "Sensido" is open for only adult accommodation. The resort is way too big but you may use shuttle buses for transportation within the hotel.(every 15 min)

Liberty part offers a great deal of alternatives for child entertainment and have a dedicated area for children "Children Paradise" which includes a big aqua park.

The cuisine, variety of food and quality of personnel was appreciated. The hotel rooms are moderate(not new and shiny) but clean.
The a la carte restaurant services are not included in the price, which is mostly included in those kind of resorts.

Room Tip: Choose rooms closer to reception. It is a huge hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Berivana2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I don't know where to start with this one! I am from a hotel background and normally I will pick a place to pieces ...lykia world, in my experience is absolutely faultless. This is the best resort I have been to in a long time. It's clean, staff are down to earth, friendly and helpful. The resort itself is immaculate. I honestly don't have a bad word to say.

We took our kids 8 & 9 and they couldn't have wanted for more. They have done all the water sports which you pay extra for but it's great. They go banana boat, speed boat , jet ski, water boarding and a final zip up parasailing. They are all in great hands, the staff are wonderful and really looked after them. There's tennis, golf, archery, football, kids clubs... It's all here.

Reception were always helpful and courteous, house keeping were tip top, mini bar filled and fresh towels every day. Bar staff are superb, entertainment was good quality. Even the little hop on bus driver was jolly.

The children's paradise was lovely and the food was fine too. We set up sun beds right up top so we got to read our books and chill whilst the kids swam and slid till they could no more. Plenty of staff to watch and many kids entertainers to play with too!

The food in the main restaurant was great, we tended to just do late breakfast and evening dinner. Just a pattern we got into, but lunch is lovely too. All cooked I front of you, fresh bread made in front of you, fresh pizza. Really quite a feat in organisation. Chefs everywhere, all doing their best. The waiters and waitresses were always happy, prompt and kept your wine flowing.

I had a massage in the spa in a beach hut over looking the sea. It was one of the best massages I've ever had. I also used the hairdresser for roots and a pedicure (it's a bit cheaper than the spa ) the owner, Rose and her staff were super.

My husband went diving, and whilst there's not a vast amount to see, he was pleased to get some diving hours in and top up his padi hours.

I feel really lucky to have had such a seamless holiday, we booked ours through the travel attic. (See Facebook) and it was her suggestion. Well... You came up trumps Amy !

I loved everything about this place. They have got it right. Trouble now will be.... We have been spoilt!

Room Tip: Try for a sea view but it's not the end of the world with a garden view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Howhardcanitbe3
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

We are looking to book a wedding at lykia world June 2015 but unfortunately there are no photos available of where you would actually get married or is it best to book to get married at the lagoon?any feed back would be greatful

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple