“GREAT HOLIDAY”

Ranked #16 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This Hotel is great as said in previous reviews Food,Drink, Entertainment, Staff etc, would also like to add how good the little onsite shops are Bags,Shoes,Photo shop which photos are taken daily and then you can view and buy them. The Hairdressers i would highly reccomend i got my hair coloured and blowdried and my nails done very proffesional and great prices. Overall fantasticHoliday and hopefully will be back again

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank linda g
SentidoLykiaResort, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions & comments about our hotel. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay and had a fantastic holiday.

In your next visit please do not miss our brand new “Antique Show” and enjoy many more of our day & night activities.

Liberty Hotels Lykia Team

Write a ReviewReviews (2,597)

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is amazing, it is like Paradise, its so beautiful. We had the family room with interconnected rooms. I went with my husband and 4 daughters and we had 2 double bed and 2 single beds and 2 bathrooms. The bathroom's have toiletries, towels, slippers and a hairdryer. The rooms are modern with a safe and a fridge that is topped up daily with milk, water, coke and beer. The food is amazing and all staff are really friendly especially the staff at the bar near the beach who make good cocktails. Husayin the magician that goes around entertaining in the evening was brilliant with my children. One of my girls likes magic and he spent a lot of time teaching her tricks. We also did a day of family in action which was well worth it as you get the do the banana boat, jet skiing, Ringo and paragliding off a speedboat. There is so much to do and the kids Paradise is fantastic. The week went so quick we were upset to leave, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014
7  Thank fraggel
SentidoLykiaResort, General Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions & comments about our hotel and choosing our hotel for your family holiday.

We are so happy that you & your family had a wonderful time and all the members in the family have found something to spend a good time. We will pass your message to Huseyin, the magician. He will definitely be very happy that your girls have enjoyed his tricks and teachings.

Please in your next visit do not forget to dine at our Turkish restaurant where you will become acquainted with one of the world’s most exquisite & refined cuisines
With our warm & kind regards

Liberty Hotels Lykia Team.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We arrived home on Tuesday after spending 2 weeks at this hotel. After reading reviews before we went I was expecting top quality!! On arrival 11.30pm with a very tired 4 year old, we were taken to our room where we found a double bed and a sofa bed with no bedding! After spending 10 mins trying to get the telephone to work my husband eventually got it working and called reception, they told us house keeping would come straight away (no apology). 10 mins later a very rude lady arrived made up the sofa bed ( in a fashion) then stormed out of the room. The room itself was ok but not 5 star quality, i would rate a 3/4 star. We had a side sea view which was lovely and views of the garden were very pretty (room p106) Our electric went off about 4 times in the room meaning we had to keep walking back to reception to ask for so done to come and fix them. After the 2nd time my husband ended up doing it himself!!! Our room was never cleaned properly, my daughter dropped a bag of crips and 3 days later they were still around the bin. The cleaner left bleached in our room that my daughter found and this happened twice. This could of been so dangerous. The food was lovely although there were times my husband picked up uncooked food so this would explain a lot of the sickness that happend to other guest whilst we were there. The choice of food was amazing and everything was always fresh. The wasps in the restraunt are awful and really put you off the puddings as there always covered in wasps! My only critism is the ice cream, you can only get at meal times and there's only one person serving so always a huge queue! When I've been to 5 star hotels in the past ice cream and lollies are available all day for the children. The swimming pool area isn't great, not very big so always busy. The entertainment staff work really hard in the day trying to get you all involved especially Maria she was lovely and always so friendly. Kids paradise was great and my daughter had a amazing time there. For the first week one of the pools were covered up so didn't leave many small pools for the kids to play, we sat at the small beach pool but had to move for the smell of cat poo, the sand (giant kitty litter tray) was full of cat poo and kids were meant to play in this! On our 2nd week my daughter went up to a slide and returned saying daddy come see, she had found a large knife at the top of the kids slide!!! My uh sand removed the knife taking it to a member of staff who said "I'm working". I'm sorry this is not acceptable and could of resulted in a very serious injury! Disgusted doesn't come close! The larger pool in kids paradise was far to cold to swim in, everyone was complaining. On our visit we had a bad storm so kids paradise was shut for a day, this was not acceptable as this only left one swimming pool, there was no offer of letting us use any of the over 16 pools just for one day. I felt the hotel wasn't even at all, the over 16's had more pools then the family section Nd on the day of paradise closed these should of been opened to everyone. Night time in this hotel isn't suitable for families at all, if you like taking your children to a nightclub then you'll love it here but if like us you want to watch a good family show and then have a little dance to music kids understand then here is not you. The entertainment wasn't suitable for kids most nights. Once the show finished we would get a drink sit down and then the music would start and it was so loud you couldn't even have a conversation. On many occasions my daughter was pushed off the dance floor by the entertainment staff, and basically as a family your made to feel like you shouldn't be there! Not happy at all with the evening in the hotel. Very poor. I enjoyed my holiday due to spending time with my family not due to this hotel. I won't be returning and no way is this a 5 star hotel!!!read less

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank lisa f
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear mr & mrs Flynn,

At first as Liberty Hotels Lykia we are very upset to read the below defined complaints accordingly to your stay in our resort.
We would like to begin with explaining our point of view from the very first start of your holiday, just as;
• We do have a midnight snack serving also for late arrivals from 11:30 p.m. untill 12:30 a.m. We do really regret that you did not take advantage of this service.
• The sofa bed which wasn’t made up for your little daughter. As we had about 42 children arriving that day/night wherefore we also needed to make up the additional sofa beds and baby cots which ended in the unnecessary delay for your party. Of course this is at no point meant as an excuse, we should have been aware of your condition.
• The rude maid who made up the bed will get a warning as this behavior can not be tolerated.
• The electric cut was beyond our intervention as this was a general failure in the whole area by that time.
• That the room was not cleaned properly therefore we will do the needed research as for us guest satisfaction is at the forefront. The bleach which was left behind reckless and thoughtlessly has no excuse we did take immediate action concerning this issue regarding the maid in question. The response from your side related to suggestions and impressions will be made in accordance with our executive Housekeeper.
• The meat in Marina restaurant which was uncooked ; we do serve our meat medium cooked so it is quiet surprising that this happened twice to you.
• The person who is serving the ice cream did get additional reinforcement to back up.So, many thanks for your suggestion.
• The knife which was left behind in the Kids Paradise during the work out of our staff; we are very sorry for the negligence and luckily no accidents did occur. We did take action concerning this issue for future remissnesses.
• Indeed due to bad storms we needed to close areas such as Kids Paradise just for your own safety.. And unfortunately as per our contracts with tour operators we are not allowed to let families with children into the 16+ sites. We are very sorry for this matter.
We are extremely sorry that you did not mention all of the above discussed nuisance to us during your stay. So that we could try to find the right way to change your impressions with finding the right and effective solutions for you.
Hopefully, we will have another opportunity to wipe off all the unnecessary troubles in the near future..
Yours Sincerely,
Mehmet Biçer
gm@libertyhotelslykia.com

Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Went in early May. Weather was a bit iffy, heavy rain a few times but still mid 20's.
Wonderful room, shower fab, fridge heavily stocked everyday. Coke, beer, lemonade, juice, water and milk. A fab touch.
Beach beautiful, take shoes as pebbles hurt. Quite a walk to get drinks, could do with another little beach bar.
Food- amazing quality, choice fab. On a par with Dubai top hotels.
Lots of keep fit fanatics, fab you fancy it.
Pools - adult one lovely. Bit boring though.
Main pool - nice, I think they need another larger pool as it gets pretty rammed. Wouldn't want to be there in the high season.
I went with my daughter, 23. We dipped in adult hotel and main resort. Lots of kiddies but loads for them to do.
Staff - very polite on the whole. The odd grump, but who can blame them, so people treat them very poorly.
No entertainment as we were early season.
I'd give food 5*
Not the sort of person to go back somewhere but definitely would return here.
The hotel management have nailed it. I'm currently in Club Letoonia Fethyie as I'm writing this, Lykia is by far better quality and nicer staff.

Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Dee W

Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions & comments on many points about our hotel and choosing our hotel for your vacation. We are so happy that you have enjoyed your stay and would return.

We have pools for adults on Sentido & Liberty side and other alternatives at Kids Paradise for adults with children. As you have mentioned, in May the weather was rainy and cooler comparing to previous years. Due to the weather conditions we could not accomplish all that we planned.

We hope that you will experience & enjoy more of our hotel in your next visit and discover yourself and re-charge your batteries whilst participating in activities such as: Water Sports, Step/aerobics, Yoga, Zumba, Plates and connect with the daily/weekly entertainments programme taking part with various activities, watching the shows, enjoying the night listening to a live music performance that is appropriate for you.

With our warm & kind regards

Liberty Hotels Lykia Team.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Just come back from my first trip to this resort although I have been to Olu Deniz before. This was a revelation ! A resort village self contained in itself, in fact we stayed for a fortnight and only left it twice for extra shopping !

We were adults with no children, my daughter and I badly needed the rest ! I would say it was an ideal stay if you have small ones with you, but there are plenty of places to chill out away from it all if you want some peace. They have an adult only restaurant and a fabulous adults only pool where we spent most of our days laying in the sun around the infinity pool. The Marina restaurant was quite incredible, so much food all day but could be hectic in the evening with all the children and buggies! We ate mostly on the Sentido adults only side in the evening. Late breakfast from 10 a.m. was lovely though, eaten on the terrace in the sun and excellent choice of food.

There were some hidden gems for me though, especially the Spa where I had the best Turkish Bath and massage I've ever experienced, the massage was outside in a bamboo fringed hut overlooking the sea and surrounded by white muslin curtains blowing in the breeze, quite wonderful and I would recommend it to everyone.

The biggest hidden gem for me was the bag shop in the resort village square! A marvellous shop, beautifully made bags of the highest quality I have found anywhere. Every time I went in there I found something new to buy ! The owner Mustapha and his assistant Irkan were cultured and knowledgeable and this showed in the superb choice of products available. Not only bags but gorgeous shoes, pashminas and lots of other high end beautiful things at excellent prices!

I shall certainly go back again, one of the most relaxing and enjoyable holidays ever, everything you need is on site, the service could not be faulted. However I would probably stay on the Adults only side next time. I think it's excellent that you have the choice, there is something for everyone !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Susan H
LibertyHotelOludeniz, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your impressions & comments about our hotel and we thank and congratulate you for choosing our hotel.

We are so happy that you had a wonderful holiday, spent a good time in our hotel and enjoyed the shopping also in the area.

We hope that next time you stay longer and make time to discover more about our hotel and Fethiye area.

Next time once you come, please become mesmerised by the vibrant colours and the locally infused ambiance wandering around Fethiye`s Tuesday local fruit, vegetable & fish market.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I spent 3 weeks at Lykia Hotel and had an absolutely brilliant time. I got married at the Blue Lagoon and had a lot of family to look after. Customer Services were the best I've ever experienced especially Vadat who helped a lot throughout the holiday including organizing a party for my family and an incredible upgrade of our room once we married .
Food was first class with a lot of choice as were the swimming pools and bars.
We will definitely return .

Room Tip: Higher floors are quiet and sea views are recommended
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Sanchia2014
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Had a great holiday here and already thinking of returning soon. The staff were great, without exception, food brilliant for all-inclusive, entertainment really good and always plenty to do.

Will opt for garden room next time as sea view was noisy.

We have an 8 and 10 year old and this holiday was perfect for them but would recommend for kids of all ages.

Room Tip: Opt for garden room instead of sea view. Our sea view room was expensive and very noisy - near rece...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Caron H

Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments and choosing our hotel. We are so happy that you and your family have enjoyed your holiday and your children have a perfect time.

Please in your next visit do not forget to take in the tranquility of the forest amongst the Sentido Lykia Blue Lagoon pool and the sea; unwind to the fragrant scent of cedar trees. Sense the serenity around you and become one with nature while your children attend and enjoy the children activities with the animation team.