I returned from Lykia a few days ago and wanted to make people aware of a severe sickness that is working its way round the hotel.
My family and I were really poorly and after discussing it with other familys and the rep we became aware there was a serious issue with this at the hotel yet no body informed us about this until it was too late! Please be vigilant, there were 15 other English families that were also ill and that is just the ones we spoke to and know of.
The hotel is beautiful and the has the potential to be amazing, however the food was very average compared to other 5 star hotel, not much variety and I sent back undercooked chicken on several occasions and pulled hairs out of my daughter's pasta. We also whitnessed staff filling up the slushy machiene with a bucket of water, this was concerning as we was advised not to drink the water in Turkey.
The hotel now has an adult only side, this is a waste of time, it really limits to hotel for guests with children and the adult side on the days when we visited was basically empty. The evening entertainment we enjoy such as live music and kareoke was in the adult only side and the fish and steak resturant we would have liked to have visited was unavailible to us with children.
We also worried there was no smell of clorine in the pool and with all the ill health wondered if this was contributing towards it?
On a positive note, the children's club was amazing and the staff very proffensional and friendly. The watersports adventure package for the kids was amazing and I cannot recommend it enough. Sidek who teaches the judo was our sons favourite, he loved him and he became a friend to us on this holiday and is an asset to the resort!
Overall the hotel is beautiful but is let down by the lack of variety in the food, the lack of service in the restaurant, the seperation of the Sentido and the obvious health risks that currently occupy the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence section has 266 rooms and Village has 609 rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Liberty Hotels Lykia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lykia World Oludeniz Hotel Oludeniz
- Lykiaworld Hotel Oludeniz
- Lykiaworld Resort Oludeniz
- Lykiaworld Fethiye