“15th Time !!!”

Liberty Hotels Lykia
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“15th Time !!!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I'm due to fly out on the 11th July and this will be my 15th time to Lykia world now Liberty and all I can say is this place is amazing and the closest to perfection you'll ever find for the price any questions a about Liberty give me a shout?xx

• Stayed July 2014
12 Thank Lloydaddicott
SentidoLykiaResort, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for the 15th time!
On behalf of the Liberty Hotels Lykia staff & management, I would like to thank you and congratulate you for choosing our hotel and becoming our repeat guest.

We are so glad that you find our hotel amazing and close to perfection with all the changes and renovations that we have done for this year. Our aim is to exceed our guests’ expectations and raising everything in the hotel up to very best standard, protecting the nature and trying to make sure that all of our guests spend an unforgettable holiday.

Please next time once you come download onto your mobile phone `Liberty Hotels Lykia` application (Navigation, A la Carte reservations, Hotel information, News updates, Fast WI-FI speed), keep enjoying your stay and do not miss anything.

Looking forward to seeing & welcoming you soon
With our warm & kind regards

The Liberty Hotels Lykia Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my parter have just got back from Our week long trip to Turkey and stayed in this beautiful Hotel! We were lucky enough to have a sea Veiw! Which was incredible! We stayed in the liberty lykia side which seamed to be most popular day and night, most of our sunbathing time was spent either at the 16+ pool at liberty or the beach!
Hotel and Rooms were always spotless and our mini fridge constantly filled up :)
When it came to food there was so much choice from fish, kebab, salad, pizza! You name it, it was there, meal times did get very busy and we found ourselfs sitting upstairs most night due to there being to many wasps downstairs, but the Veiw from upstairs is equally as beautiful! drink choices were excellent from fresh orange juice, Apple, milk, beer, cocktails, fizzy, coffee, water etc

I treated myself to a turkish bath which I enjoyed, the women were very polite and made me feel very comfortable and apparently makes the tan last longer!

We did 2 excursions whilst we were there and we would
Differently recommend doing them!
The 1/2 day boat trip which picked you up from outside the marina restaurant (so fun and also all inclusive)

Fethiye market! Crazy but worth
Going to which was also a 1/2 day trip!

Night time entertainment was brilliant! Every night was something new and exciting! Great for all ages!

I would recommend this hotel to
Anyone it was truly a beautiful and relaxing holiday!

• Stayed June 2014
11 Thank DebbieTruff
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel as your holiday destination and taking your time to share your impressions & comments about our hotel.

We are so happy that you have enjoyed and spent a beautiful, relaxing holiday with your partner. In your next visit we recommend you to stay at +16 Sentido Lykia Resort & Spa where you will feel comfortable in our renovated rooms that are spacious with everything you could possibly need.

Please do not forget to visit the Butterfly Valley in your next visit & do the unforgettable and merge with Oludeniz’s beauty via paragliding; something that you will never forget.

Looking forward to seeing & welcoming you again

Liberty Hotels Lykia Team
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Following the reviews on here we were looking forward to our stay in this hotel. On arrival, the setting is very beautiful, but spoilt as soon as shown to our room. Outside the steps to our block (patara) were half used glasses, food dishes, cutlery etc (at 4pm) Some glasses were smashed and we had to quickly steer our children away for the risk of them cutting themselves. Once inside we found a very basically decorated room, cracked tiles and mouldy grout in the shower. These rooms had supposedly been refurbished for the new season, if this was it then it had been found severely lacking. I don't think the floor was cleaned in the 10 days we stayed. I had accidentally dropped something on the floor on day 2, I left it in situ and it was still there on check out.
For a 5★ resort to have only 1 main restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner results in very manic meal times. As a group of 4ad 4ch, it was impossible to sit together. We witnessed 2 grown men arguing over the pizza on one night the queue was so big. You are charged extra to use the ala cartes and even then only a certain few due to others being 'adult' only. We constantly had to ask for tables to be reset, glasses for water, cutlery etc, we felt very much that more waiting staff were needed. The food is luke warm, becomes very monotonous and the biggest issue are the flies and wasps. Surely fly nets could be put over the open foods. There are so many wasps you cannot sit through a full meal without having to jump up to shoo them away. Both my children were stung during the first week, terrified for the remaining time. There was no evidence of the resort being sprayed in an attempt to control this.
The childrens paradise is great but if you don't use it you are left with one pool area (more pool areas if, of course, you dont have kids with you) but be careful of the blue tiles as I witnessed several children slipping on these and almost went over myself.
We took a speed boat ride into olu deniz and a big 'thumbs up' to Tanner on the water sports desk as he made the kids holiday allowing them to drive the boat, a fantastic memory and their faces were a delight.
I must add that in 30yrs of foreign travel, I have never been ill on a holiday, but suffered diarrhoea for 4days before we left and was also doubled with stomach cramps, this in turn affected my husband, friend and her 7yr old daughter spent her last night vomiting. My 5yr old son suffered 24hrs from arriving home and subsequently missed 2days of school. I have never come home from a holiday before weighing 3lb lighter than when I left. Every cloud I suppose......
We have friends who stopped here before Lykia was taken over by Liberty, they had a fabulous holiday, had the choice of 3 buffets and most of ala cartes. We had a lovely holiday due to being with friends but would never return. I would say this hotel was now 3.5★, 4★ at very most.
This hotel is situated in such a beautiful location, each morning we marvelled at how beautiful it was to walk along the front with the sun shining on the most gorgeous blue sea, but thats where the 5★ ends. This hotel has the potential to be much much better. For the same cost, we stayed at the Royal Wings, Lara Beach in May last year, now that is more like 5★ and you cannot put both hotels in the same category.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Helen H
SentidoLykiaResort, General Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments & thoughts about our hotel. Your complains about the main restaurant, general category rating & Housekeeping department are a big surprise for us however please make sure that we will pass over each comment with the related department manager.

Our main restaurant has acapacity of 2000 people. It has been renovated this year and cocsist of 2 floor. The main floor is more crowded for sure but we wished that you could ask for a bigger table on the upper floor since it is always more quiet.

The resort is being sprayed for flies early in the morning not to cause any inconvenience for our guests and not to take any risks for food. Unfortunately we can not take any other actions to prevent wasps, spiders ect since we are in the middle of a nature.

We are very sorry that you & your family have suffered due to “diarrhoea” but wished that you could see the doctor and find out the reason of it. We take all the necesaary actions as a management to avoid the risks due to the Quality prosedures.

We are also sorry to hear that you would never return. We hope that you change your mind and be our guest again.

gm@libertyhotelslykia.com
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I returned from Lykia a few days ago and wanted to make people aware of a severe sickness that is working its way round the hotel.
My family and I were really poorly and after discussing it with other familys and the rep we became aware there was a serious issue with this at the hotel yet no body informed us about this until it was too late! Please be vigilant, there were 15 other English families that were also ill and that is just the ones we spoke to and know of.
The hotel is beautiful and the has the potential to be amazing, however the food was very average compared to other 5 star hotel, not much variety and I sent back undercooked chicken on several occasions and pulled hairs out of my daughter's pasta. We also whitnessed staff filling up the slushy machiene with a bucket of water, this was concerning as we was advised not to drink the water in Turkey.
The hotel now has an adult only side, this is a waste of time, it really limits to hotel for guests with children and the adult side on the days when we visited was basically empty. The evening entertainment we enjoy such as live music and kareoke was in the adult only side and the fish and steak resturant we would have liked to have visited was unavailible to us with children.
We also worried there was no smell of clorine in the pool and with all the ill health wondered if this was contributing towards it?

On a positive note, the children's club was amazing and the staff very proffensional and friendly. The watersports adventure package for the kids was amazing and I cannot recommend it enough. Sidek who teaches the judo was our sons favourite, he loved him and he became a friend to us on this holiday and is an asset to the resort!

Overall the hotel is beautiful but is let down by the lack of variety in the food, the lack of service in the restaurant, the seperation of the Sentido and the obvious health risks that currently occupy the hotel.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a larger Room, rooms are small but ok for a family of 4
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Nikki J
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Merhaba,
First of all we would like you to know that we are sorry about your holiday was unpleasant and you get ill on your holiday.
We think that it is not fair enough to blame the hotel about, illness without any doctor or hospital report . We don’t accept it. ( If you can prove you complaint with any doctor or hospital report, we are ready to do whatever you want ) Our foods and pools are controlling continually with official analysis. (according to Turkish laws we have do it ) And we report are checking very seriously with our Quality Department. That’s why we are thinking that it’s not right to blame the hotel without ant report.
*** Your complain about the variety and quality about the foods is a very big surprise for us. But we would like to thank you about your warning about cooking. We will be more careful about that.
*** As you written Sentiso Resort & Spa is adults hotel over 16 years old and it is also written our web sites and brochures. Thank you for your information.
*** We would like to thank you for your compliments about your Mini –Club animators,Judo Teacher Mr. Sıddık and water sports staff.
I would like to kindly ask you to send your doctor report and medicine receipts to my e-mail address below.
gm@libertyhotelslykia.com
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had a bit mixed feelings when I read that Lykia was bought and also had changed to the all inclusive system. As this could have gone both ways. But I was intrigued by the number of good reviews, read the bad ones and tried to give it a go. We were surprised to find a truely great resort.

The new owners - as you can tell - have invested big money in redoing large parts of the resort in 2013/2014 (over the break). The room we had (a suite room with a whirlpool on the balcony overlooking the ocean - yay - worth every cent!!!) was completely refurbished with flat screen tv, new bathroom and you got all the amenities (if you wanted them) including bathrobes, slippers, a large number of towels, shampoo, shower gel etc. (there was a big bottle of Dove shampoo in the shower fixed to the wall - my favourite). It was really clean, which we are big fans of. The mini bar was replenished every couple of days with water, soft drinks and beer and (important for us: with milk to keep our toddler happy). Check-in was done efficiently, someone helped us with a mini cart to our rooms. the whole resort contains small units that are not very high. that way the resort is expansive, but you dont feel molested by the architecture. it is rather beautifully built into the normal landscape and is kept meticulously clean at all times.
some parts go up hill, but there is a bus that goes around the resort every 20 min (seriously we were wondering why, because it was a mere 6 min walk, up a bit of hilly terrain, but this way you can chose I guess). But people who are handicapped – this is not your resort! also: families you will carry your buggy up and down to your room a lot. but again the houses are not very high (only groundfloor, 1st and 2nd floor) so not too much of a hassle.

The children section was completely redone recently, a new play ground, everything repainted, all new toys, lovely women who take care of even the smallest babies. We were there a few times as there were a couple of knee deep pools for our toddler. And seeing the older kids roaming the grounds (with the respective staff who looked after them - they seemed to have a good time). The only thing that we as well as the other parents were missing was some kind of facility there to get a cold beverage. Instead you would have to walk out, go back to the main bar and carry the drinks over. But it is a minor note really.

Do note: if you try to find the hotel on Google maps you will find that it is wrongly marked as being in Oludeniz which it isnt. It is another two kilometres out of that little city (or dare I say village where there is not much more than one tourist hangout, hotel, bar after another – we did not bother after driving through it trying to find the hotel).

The Aqua land was great. We spent an afternoon there. The only complaint. most pools were cold and as we were there at the beginning of june it was a bit on the freezing side. There is a playground, a soccer ground for kids and a place where judo lessons can be taken. What is cool about it also: there is a separate restaurant where you have a more limited but still plenty of choice (and icecream ;) as well as self serve drinks. that way you can easily spend time there without having to go back to the main restaurant for lunch. Unfortunately there was a huge storm on our last few days, so it was closed for repair on our last day. which was a shame, but oh what can you do!

When it comes to separation into family and adult of the resort:
I thought that it was a bit over the top that the families only had one single pool. It was already crowded at the beginning of June there (especially when the Aquaworld closed down) and you somewhat feel repulsed that the large number of families need to squeeze around one pool whereas the adult only pools were two and hardly used. I would really rethink this scheme. At least it could be in the mornings for families and at lunch time change to adults only f.i.

There is a little lagoon for little kids at the beach. We spend a lovely time there. There is a beach bar, and you get an endless flow of free drinks. Also the toilets there are suited for adults and kids (they seriously have built in kids toilets and sinks. Great idea! And they are regularly being cleaned also.
The beach is very pebbly, so if you are having your dream beach in mind – this is not part of the package unfortunately. It did not bother us but also kept us from the beach.

For some reason i could not find all specialty restaurants. although we also did not bother (I was just curious). the cover charges are ridiciously high in some cases. 30 Euro per person for Tepanyaki or Sushi and a set menue at that. Seriously I can eat at home cheaper in a lovely restaurant. So why bother. But we were only there for 5 nights, so were more than happy with what we got in the main restaurant. Had we only known this was the best food we would have in our entire vacation (we visited two more hotels). The food was really great I must say. We are foodies and good food is important to us. We like trying the local cuisine and thats what we got (and much much more). And I am astounded to read on Tripadvisor that there is supposedly not enough selection or the food was not good. There was more than plenty. One focus was Turkish foods (cold, warm, Mezes), a fresh salad bar to chose from, Pizza, Pasta, in the evenings there was more seafood than at lunch time (prawns, different fish – grilled, cooked, octopus, calamari etc.), lots and lots of vegetarian options, a fruit bar, a dessert station with turkish delicacies but also a freakish large number of cakes, mousse etc. and of course there was icecream. (To be fair there was loads of mashed potatoes, french fries, fried chicken, spaghetti bolognese served, so even the picky non-daring eater could be satisfied). Even if you are on a diet or you have special requirements I dare say you will find great food choices. Breakfast had a HUGE spread with loads of self baked breads, waffles pancakes, cereal, eggs in all variations and and and.... lots of yummy warm turkish dishes which I especially loved and then of course ice cold water melon (there was an entire fruit bar of course).
Wine bottles greeted you at the table at lunch and dinner time as water bottles as well.
For breakfast you could make your own fresh orange juice, pick teas, coffees and Ayran was available too.
What was great for parents with kids that they had ready made warm milk. So if a milk bottle was to be filled up – no problem.

In between lunch and dinner there are several spots where you can snack, there is a tea hour with turkish cookies.
The restaurant had plenty of seats outside although I must say it got crowded when there was rain one night (everyone going for the rare spots with a roof). But hey thats the way it is I suppose. Other than that it never felt crowded (but this is at the beginning of June of course). I would imagine it feels somewhat crowded when a thousand more people will be there (apparently 2000 were there at the time – but it really did not feel that way). But what can you do when you have older kids.

Alcohol was included and the bar opened in the mornings. Loads of people would drink throughout the day, but it was not obnocious. People were really friendly. The alcohol served was partially brand alcohol (such as the Rum which was Havana Club), partially local. The cocktails (there were about 10 standard ones, but also long drinks, beer, wine etc.) were good enough to drink (try the Cosmopolitan which became my favourite) for us. And we saw noone at the pay-extra wine or beer house, but that might have been only those five days while we were there.
My husband kept on asking me (is this all included) while we were walking the grounds as it was so much you got for your money.
The hotel is not cheap, but if you want to drink alcohol, you should be prepared to pay some serious cash when in Turkey. 8 to 10 Euros for a cocktails seems a standard price, 4 Euros for a beer. Even Raki would be 5 Euros (for a double one admittedly), but still: it adds up quickly. So if you are thinking should I chose a hotel with all inclusive or not – I would go for it- especially if you have kids ;)

Animation was light. At times something would happen but you could stay away from it all easily. The animators were really friendly. When our kid had a meltdown one of the girls fed him with her own cookies which we thought was so sweet. We never saw a show as we had to get our little one in bed, so cant really say anything about that. But heard it was good.

There is small shop on site that sells family stuff like Pampers (diapers also swim diapers), wet whipes but also shampoo and everything you might run out of or forget etc. So no worries, but be prepared to pay a high price for it. Same goes for instance for the turkish delight which was a whopping 18 Turkish Lira a small package (whereas a large one outside the resort can be bought starting at 3.50 TL). So oh well, if you dont plan to leave the place and want to bring something back dont wait for the duty free section in the airport Dalaman which is even more pricy.
What they have is also toys in all shapes. If you are smart – bring a repair kit for inflatable toys or just watch the beach and pool at night as lots of families leave their still functioning or dead toys around when they fly home. Why bother buying a new one and then simply leave yours when it is your time to go home. Or simply repair one. It is a five minute job to stick some glue on it... if you are up for it ;)

There are also small jewellery and clothes shops. But I would recommend going to the Tuesday or Sunday market in Fethye. Vendours were pretty friendly there and it was not too difficult to make a (small) bargain. The market sells knockoff everything in regards to belts, shoes, clothes, bags, sunglasses etc. Nothing special, but nice to browse also if you want to bring something back to your family.

They have a small library in the reception corner too. it is somewhat hidden, just ask for it, if you are running out. We also left some books there instead of lugging them back home.
Also: if you miss it: when you enter the grounds by bus: there is a small “zoo”. Nothing great: a few chicken, rabbits etc. but i saw quite a few kids who really did enjoy it.
When you enter the gates: there is an ATM just outside where you can get money (no matter if you want to buy something in the shops or have some money for a daytrip to Fethye...).

What struck us most was the friendliness of the staff. Seriously. Even in the restaurant, even at the height of the nighttime shift, people would greet friendly. I wont forget when I cued in the morning for an omelette, when one of the staff who did not speak much English pointed towards my son and then took out his wallet to show me the pictures of his granddaughter. Lovely! Once we stopped while we were contemplating what we should do now when a staff member stopped and gave us directions and suggestions just because we stopped and looked around. This is service! Another time when we were at the Aqualand: our boy had managed to get a minor cut at one of his feet earlier before even coming to the Aqualand. when the bandaid came off in the water he started – toddler like – to die instantly and scream and shout as it was slightly bleeding. one of the staff who saw us came over, apologized (!) that something had happened and took my husband and son over to a first aid facility. Where not only he received a band aid – my toddler also got a sucker and instantly forgot about his cruciating pains ;). This was so thoughtful and sweet. I do not want to oversell the staff – everyone once in a while has a cranky day, but we really did appreciate the helpfulness and friendliness.

I went to Yoga everyday in the morning in the Sentido area, and whereas the level was not superhigh, it was very enjoyable. It is being done on wooden platforms built in the pine forest. In the background you hear the sea come crashing in. Groups were super small and I loved to get away from it all there. What a great start into the day. In the afternoon I joined the Pilates group and I found it well equipped and at a high level. The lady doing it (who is in charge of planning all the aerobics etc.) was super nice, motivating and you really felt that you had done something other than eating lots of yummy food. Also if you had requests she would try to work it into the next Yoga/Aerobics class which I thought was great.

Overall I can only vouch for the experience at the start of the high season. But then I can highly recommend the place!

Room Tip: the deluxe suite has a whirlpool on the balcony and sea views. this was definitely worth every cent...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank ndim
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for sharing your impressions & comments on many points in detailed almost about everything about our hotel. The information that you have shared & your guiding will be very useful for our guests to come. Thank you very much for your precious time and interest.

Please make sure that all the comments that we receive form our guests are read carefully and discussed during management meetings & special thanks are given to related staff & departments.

We are so happy that you had a pleasant stay in our hotel. We hope that next time you can stay longer and make time to discover more about Fethiye & the area. You will definitely become mesmerised by the vibrant colours and the locally infused ambiance wandering around Fethiye`s Tuesday local fruit, vegetable & fish market.

Looking forward to seeing & welcoming you again
With our warm & kind regards

The Liberty Hotels Lykia Team.
Manchester
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Bar staff and entertainment brilliant higher hierarchy rude and non compliant now change to liberty I have been here 3 times before as lykia and it had not been the same food not on par seems to be the same for lunch in another mix from dinner the night before. Also no out bound trips staff sell them overpriced

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Daviddev79
Merhaba,
First of all we would like to express our gratitude to you for choosing our hotel for the third time. We are very sorry that you did not experience your holiday as it should have been. Our thoughts concerning your initial comment;
• Many thanks for your laudatory words concerning our bar & entertainment staff. Regarding your warning about the reception staff, we will definitely pay attention on improving the standards and guest satisfaction. Many apologies therefore.
• From 2014 on our hotel is not involved with any trip sales. For your own health & safety only our mutual travel agency partners are selling those trips.
• We are quiet surprised concerning your comment about the food, as we are not sharing the same opinion as yourselves.
As a repeat guest returning to our resort for the third time we should have expected that you also should outline the immense changes & renovations e.g. : the renovations at the beach, new pedestrian road, lifts, architectural new designs of our restaurants and bar, childrens’ beach and all the improvements fulfilled in the guest rooms ..
So, expecting another change shouldn’t be too much..

Middlesbrough
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here whit week of May, very large hotel, for us to big! Rooms were to far from the pool area and main entertainment area, had to walk up hill and them three flights of stairs so nightmare if you left anything in your room and had to walk all the way back from the pool area, thankfully we are all fit and no disabilties so do not recommend if you have walking disabilties. The restaurant was huge and felt like I needed my trainers on when finding my food! The main bug bare was ice cream for children only one station and was not self service and one person serving , long queues and then the children and myself we were giiving one tiny scoop so complained and was giving another tiny scoop, this is not exceptable from a 5 star hotel, never had this problem in all the hotels I have stayed in over the years! And ice cream was only available at meal times. Entertainment was good for the children and the football academy was amazing floodlit courts and the football coaches deserve a pat on the back so organised well done to them all, great job you are doing! Staff overall were doing a good job for such a big hotel concerning the pools family's were only allowed to use two pools wich were always packed all the rest were adult only and most of the time empty!! And last but not least do not buy sunglasses from the shop on site bought some Gucci glasses which he told me were genuine for £120 on further inspection realised they were fake!! When I took them back he still would not admit they were fake told him I owned designer sun glasses and that they was no serial number on the side of glasses and if I wanted fake Gucci glasses could by them for £5 from the local shops, demanded my money back! Complained to customer services at the hotel who said they were sorry this happened,I said I bought them on site believing I was secure in the fact I had bought them on hotel premises obviously this is not the case we are just another tourist to rip off! How many other customers have bought glasses and not realised they are fake. So would I go back answer is No! Not to the standard of 5 star I am used too!

Room Tip: Do not get a room in block O to far away!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Anthonytony
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Merhaba,
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and country.
As you’ve written our hotel is in a very big land and we are not suitable to guests who don’t like to walk. You are right.
We are really sorry about your complaint because it is written on our web site and brochures that we are a big hotel.
We serve ice cream in our lunch and dinner open buffets and we serve ice cream at Children Paradise between 12:00 – 18:00 . There could be line for 2-3 minutes rarely.
I will search about your complaint about sunglasses. Also I would like you to know that we are not responsible and there is not any guarantee from us about quality and rates of the shops in the hotel.
I would like to thank you for your warning about sunglasses shop and I would like to apologies in the name of them.
We hope that you will give another chance.