“Lykia world forever” 5 of 5 bubbles

Liberty Hotels Lykia
Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Lykia world forever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family have visited this property twice. We prefer the Village side for rooms. The entertainment is fantastic. Loads of activities going on. The food is varied each day but the restaurants need to be bigger as struggled to get tables for breakfast. The pools in the residence part of lykia are quieter than the main pool and have small slides for the children. Top class family holiday.

Room Tip: Village rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Codge10
SentidoLykiaResort, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Merhaba / Hello 

We wish to welcome you forever!
Thank you for preferring our hotel for your holiday and being our guest again. We are so happy that you name our hotel as “top class family holiday”. We will always work so hard to reach the best standards to make our guests happier again and again each time.

We would like to inform you that our main restaurant has a capacity of 2000 people, which has two floors and separate buffets. In your next visit please do not forget to take a look at the huge upper floor with its own buffet, to witness one of the world’s most beautiful sunsets and to take breath-taking photos.

Looking forward to welcoming you again
With our warm & kind regards

Liberty Hotels Lykia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (415)
  • Arabic first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

I've been to Turkey several
times which have all been 5*
hotels. I was very disappointed
that when we arrived to our room at the Liberty Hotel my son had to sleep on a sofa bed which was very uncomfortable.

Also when looking around our room I opened up a door thinking it was a wardrobe but was shocked when it went straight into the next door room where they were all asleep in bed.

I'd like to admit that there is a lot for the kids to do, however a lot of the equipment (i.e some water slides, arcade games & also gym equipment) was out of order or requires modernising.

The main swimming pool
Is a good size however it was always extremely busy, with all sun loungers taken up, unless you were prepared to get to the poolside by 8am, it was unlikely you would get a spot. Also many of the sun loungers were broken and needed repairing.

The restaurant food on the whole was okay however there were thousands of wasps flying around constantly and we're a big problem. On one particular day my son was stung whilst eating breakfast and spent the whole day in pain.

I took him to the guest relations area for advice who were very concerned. The advice they offered me was to visit the nearest pharmacy for medication which I had to pay for myself. Under the circumstances I had hoped that as a gesture of good will the hotel would have accepted some responsibility for the incident and offered to cover the cost. Unfortunately this was not even offered and nor was any form of apology.

The service at the main hotel bar was very slow, on one particular occasion it took over 30 mins to get served. The bar was not overly busy but it was disappointing that not enough staff we're working to be able to cope with the number of guests.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Xanudu
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Merhaba / Hello,
Many thanks for choosing our country to spend your holiday at for many times..
Our thoughts concerning your initial comments :
• The additional bed which is indeed a sofa bed for the third person, has been advertised in all our brochures and our website. Besides Thomas Cook also sold it as a sofa bed to you. We do not share the opinion that the sofa bed is uncomfortable as we never had a complaint about this issue.
• Some of our rooms are connecting rooms and the intervening door is locked or is supposed to be locked. We are very sorry for the fact that we left the door open.
• You are definitely right about the pool issue. As we are going to build one more pool for next year; we will solve this trouble.
• We are a hotel who is paying much attention to environmental responsibility also viewing our natural surrounding. Due to this reason primarily we are not in the position of killing living creatures. We are only striving to hold them away from the hotel but unfortunately this sometimes fails. We do feel empathy for the happening with your son, many apologises.
Yours Sincerely,
Mehmet Biçer
gm@libertyhotelslykia.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 , 18yrs, 17yrs, 10yrs, went to lykia for 2 weeks. We had the newly renovated rooms so our rooms were beautiful & modern.
Food was excellent ! You need to also be early for dinner to miss the queues & watch the sunset. But we did pay for the other restaurants to break it up.
Sushi & tepinyaki was really good. Book asap if your planning on going.
The pool situation needs to be addressed not enough space!!
We spent most of our time at the beach & hired the beach huts which came with nice loungers & butler service.
Not sure what others are talking about we hardly spent any money . Staff are very pleasant . I know what some people mean about not 5 star but it's a brilliant complex with lots to do . We had a fantastic time ! Would we go again ? Probably not but that's not because it had anything wrong . Only because we like trying different places x

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Lancelot111
letchworthgardencity
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2weeks on a recommendation . There is nothing to fault - they have thought of everything! Plenty of fridges containing cold bottled water around the resort. It was spotlessly clean throughout and the food was plentiful and excellent . Always enough beds and fresh beach towels . Our standard of accommodation was excellent and the staff were always attentive. Add to that the spectacular location - it was superb . Hope to return next year with all the family as there is something for all ages.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank lindaandmichael_10
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My party consisted of 3, mummy, daddy and our 8 year old daughter who absolutely loved this place only if I could feel this way!! We got back Friday 8th of august 2014 and were delighted to be met by the predictable English weather. Please don't despair as not all is bad!! I class this place as a glorified prison and the pressure is definitely there to spend so ladies and gentlemen bring some money as they want you to spend it. I find speaking to other residents rather than your holiday rep will give you some honest good tips into saving money by GETTING OUT OF THE RESORT from time to time as in one example you will find considerably cheaper paragliding where they will often pick you up from Oludeniz and bring you back. In general you will save some considerable money on excursions. This said I hold high regard to the dedicated staff, from bar staff to chambermaid, to cooks: These people MAKE Lykia World go round. The weather will most certainly not let you down.

One remark tough is that I did not enjoy the numerous flies, wasps around the food in the Marina restaurant and the occasional unsavoury outside sewage smell outside our room but you get used to it but the good points override the bad points and in my daughter's own words "live with it mum "
The food is extremely good and I noticed NO queues like others have reported. The main pool authorised to children is far too crowded and it if feels largely unbalanced against the pools allowed to adults only. If you want to call yourself a children or family friendly Lykia World place I would say to management you have got this so wrong! Getting up on holiday at 8am to put a towel down is extreme and very laughable, can’t people just chill!! Needless to say that although I seem to be moaning, at least my 8 year old made friends and thoroughly enjoyed children’s paradise and so did I (mummy).Daddy like it a bit more than me (mummy) but I have to say that I was ready to go back home after 7 nights (we book 14 nights!).Groundhogday comes to mind.

Lastly (to management) please train staff at the restaurant to speak a little more English although like I said staff are very hard working I feel communication was often distorted and misread & my final point is why do you have Russian translators, English and Turkish translators forgetting the huge amounts of French speaking family like moi who equally spent a lot of money but totally ignored as no translation is offeredto us Frenchies in the entertainment shows.
Our room (block Xianthios) was excellent, mattresses are great, and good night’s sleep all round although I found the fridge not to be working at it should.
The beach bar was our definite favourite away from the noisy dance floor past 22.30pm at the village bar.
Conclusion: NO I will not return but have thoroughly enjoyed Aqua Zumba lead by Polina, met some great people .I simply Love the staff there!! . I guess I dislike the AI more
than thev resort and my only question is what ever happened to Chris Mr Lykia World July 2014??? He seemed to be everywhere with the staff!!!

Room Tip: Book a seaview room!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Fat S
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I started going here 10 years ago and you do get what you pay for... My children love it, it is a paradise for them and I get a good relaxing break from it too. If I have a complaint it's that I eat too much because it's all very nice, so I promise not to over indulge this year. When I worked in travel I would get great deals but have found it's very expensive to book with a tour operator, so I book my flights, the hotel directly and my transfer separately and I travel alone with 2 children. When coming out of dalaman airport our private car awaits, we get to the hotel, check in, leave bags and when heading back from dinner the coach arrives with the rest of the passengers. I also save at least a third doing it this way...
The adult only pools are tranquil, the children's paradise are just great for kids, you just have to be careful of wasps there are a lot we all got stung last year. The rooms can be far away from the restaurant but we quite enjoyed the walk in the mornings and evenings to and from along the beach. The drinks are real, the food is cooked in front of you, I would just say use the alcohol gel which is everywhere as not everyone is hygienic and the amount of human traffic they have all season is bound to fetch illness... We were I'll a few years ago but not stopped us going again.
I would definitely recommend if you have kids, the kids club is lovely my son will not come out of it I have to drag him out! The staff are always polite and can't do enough... Yes expensive but you feel that it's been money well spent, just book independently.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank cazzashirley
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have just returned from having an amazing time! To clarify this, we met some amazing people and they made the holiday special for me, my better half and two sons aged 7 and 11.
About the complex...... On arrival after a 2.45 minutes transfer (the bus driver got lost twice but still asked for a tip) we had a child of 5 or 6 run up to the bus saying "this place is amazing and I don't want to go home". A great starting point!
We get to reception where a women is arguing about charges to her room for something she didn't have.
When we are served, we are told the room isn't ready but can take a seat and someone will get us in 15 minutes. Half an hour later, I ask if its ready and the receptionist starts trying to find our room - mid way through being served, a Russian man arrives at the counter, talks to the person serving me and they both walk off together leaving thinking I've arrived in organised chaos. While I'm now waiting for someone else to serve me / give me a room key, I'm listening to someone else moan about their room and requesting another. They were told the complex was full!!!
I eventually get told we are in room O157 and we are put on to a formula 1 golf cart. (This ride was fun but the UK health and safety police would be going mental)
Before I talk about the room, I should point out that when the holiday was booked with Thomas Cook, we requested a sea view and was told that while the hotel will try to oblige, we could end up with a garden room.
The room = Old, tired, chipped and broken furniture, wires showing from the lights in the wardrobe, fridge didn't work, two single beds pushed together with single duvets for me and my partner to sleep on and a good % of the coat hangers in the wardrobe were broken so we could not hang all of our clothes up. My children were on sofa beds in the same room and there was no where for their clothes at all. Once on the ground floor balcony, there was no sea view and the garden view was there if you leaned over and looked left. The actual view was of a concrete corridor and stair well. Having stayed in lots of 5 star hotels throughout Europe, America, Africa and Asia, this room is 2 star at the most! Having paid well over £3,000 for 1 week, I was absolutely gutted!!! From an accommodation point of view, I feel totally ripped off and feel that Thomas Cook have used creative Licence to the max.
It's worth pointing out that I didn't venture back up to reception as I'd already heard that the complex was totally full.

There are lots of pools in the complex but there is only one main pool that children can use! This pool doesn't have enough sun beds and 90% of it is too deep for young children - eg under 140cm.

I've covered all the negatives and now for the good bits......
It seems that a lot of the rooms have been done up. We were obviously unlucky as we spoke to people that said their rooms were amazing. I still feel ripped off having paid over £3000 for 1 week but it appears that we just drew a short straw in terms of our room.

The restaurants and food are vast and the choices are great. I can't imagine that anyone would struggle to get a good meal. There are wasp issues in the main restaurant and my partner was stung on her neck which wasn't a nice experience for her.

Where this complex comes into its own is the activities laid on for the kids...... So many choices.

My two, played football each morning and through this made some great friends. As a group, all the kids wanted to do for the rest of the time was go to the aqua park and play on the slides. They also did the jet ski / banana boat / parasailing which they loved. At 70 euros, I think it was actually good value and the instructors were great with the kids.

The evening entertainment is excellent and all of the staff in entertainment, sports, food and drinks are friendly and helpful.

You can tell by my write up that I'm pee'd off by how poor the room was. I've marked it as a 1 out of 5 on here but that is only because there isn't the option to give a minus figure.

That said, I would return because of everything else. I.E my kids loved it and like most parents, I enjoy them enjoying themselves.

If you have children, they are sure to have a great time. My only recommendation would be to refuse room O157.

Assuming liberty lykia read this, at the very least put a double bed in the room and fix the fridge.

Assuming Thomas Cook read this - your star rating v price is so inappropriate it's unreal. I'm sure Harriet Green ( Thomas Cook CEO) wouldn't tolerate this so why should you expect your paying customers to?

• Stayed August 2014