“4th time, visit every other year, gets better and better”

Ranked #17 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Frankfurt, Germany
“4th time, visit every other year, gets better and better”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The resort was taken over by new 'Liberty' management 2 yrs ago - in our opinion, for the better. They have a 3 year plan, and it's already rewarding visitors.

The most important point; Sun, rest and fun, all remain firmly in place. A lot of the previous kids club personnel are all still there, and they are happy with the changes! Our kids enjoyed coming back too.

Dinning: Concentrated at the sea front Marina. Food quality is still very high. The only stress was the Orange juice race every morning and finding a good table during peak times - they should add more capacity for both.

Free drinks: both in the room mini-bar and throughout the resort, all day for any drinks soft or alcoholic. Before you paid for water bottles, no longer. The free drink policy f to be reassessed, as customers leave half empty bottles and cups strewn across the resort. The resort should encourage respecting the environment and reducing wastage.

Wi-Fi: available in room now and on the beach - led to significantly saving on roaming. Speed could improve, and during peak times, it did slow down significantly.

Beach: they laid out a wooden platform across the harbour, with green LED lanterns - beautiful at night. Added extra modular floating docks and islands, so sea dwelling swimmers had plenty of options to aim for. Added 2 x lifts simplifying access to beach.

Staff: all very friendly. The kids club is awesome, water park is just so much fun, and the general performance every evening is great. Kids get to perform every week in an inclusive show, and a football tourney is organised every other week. They even started producing their own production of musical. Was really impressed by the quality of performance.

In summary, we really enjoyed the resort, maybe even more so than before, and the improvements are genuine and noticeable for visitors. Kids had a blast, and we will definitely consider coming back again. Food was delicious and we felt this time we didn't even need to go to dedicated surcharge restaurant as the main Marina often served plenty of good Turkish food!

1 Thank BlueTak
SentidoLykiaResort, Manager at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for noticing and appreciating the new improvements and changes that were done. We are so happy that you enjoyed our resort and think that every year we improve more and more and get better.

We congratulate you to choose our hotel for your family holiday and so glad to hear that you will definitely be our guest again.

We wished that you could have also tried the upper floor of the restaurant and experience its own buffet with a nice view with its outdoor terrace and indoor air-conditioned parts.
Thank you very much for your advice on respecting the environment and reducing wastage. We do our best to achieve that we will take necessary actions.

In your next visit please do not forget to reserve our “color & Sea”, single table restaurant for your family and loved ones for an unforgettable night after taking a leisurely stroll along the wooden path.

Liberty Hotels Lykia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a week here and myself and 2 children (9 and 6) had a great time.
I would definitely give it 4.5 out of 5.
For families it is probably the best family orientated hotel I have been to in Europe, everything seems geared up for kids to have fun.
Children's paradise as others have mentioned is truly brilliant, considering its all included in the total cost of the hotel/holiday is brilliant and something the hotel and management should be proud of. Also Turker in kids paradise is a real friendly guy, who I spoke with every day.There's something here for kids of all ages from big slides to smaller ones.
Our hotel room was very nice, modern and it was cleaned every day which I think is all you can ask for.
Some reviews seem to say this place isn't 5 star and to a certain extent I an see where they come from, however I have stayed in 5 star Hilton's and Marriotts where the rooms and facilities aren't as good as here, so either there are one or two lesser rooms or these people are staying in the burj al Arab every holiday.
The food is mostly very good with loads of choice, the Marina restaurant Is huge and considering the amount of people the chefs always looked like they were working their socks off and looks like they took real pride in their work.
The same could be said with the kids club and animation team, mostly very hard working staff who put on a good activity programme and some good shows in the evening, which the kids will love.
My only negatives were the amount of people at the main pool who put towels down on the lounger first thing who you never saw for the rest of the day, if you have no intention of using them, then for heaven's sake don't put towels down so others can use them, especially when it's busy.
One or two members of the kids club looked disinterested at best on several days I saw them, more interested in topping up their tan than interacting with the kids.
Apart from that I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel, especially for families.
My tips for anyone coming would be
1. Bring some rubber soled shoes for the beach
2. Burn coffee on tables whilst eating to deter the wasps (which aren't as bad as some reviews make out) or go for dinner about 8pm, or even sit upstairs in the Marina restaurant where they don't seem to go as much
3. Take euros or pounds, not Turkish lira.
4. Get the kids to try kids in action with escape on the beach.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank bazm78
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much for your precious time for sharing your comments about our hotel.
We are so happy that you and your family have spent a great time and consider our hotel the best among Europe.

We are indeed proud of our staff, Children’s Paradise and our entertainment as we are of our kitchen, housekeeping and our resort in general. We also thank you for your useful tips for our guests to come and for your recommendations.

In your next visit please do not forget to take a look at our over +16 Sentido Lykia Resort & Spa and take the advantage of our silent pools, beach, green areas, activities while your children have fun in Kids Club.

Cotswolds, UK
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We booked this hotel last year on the basis of previous reviews. Had we had known about the split between Lykia and Sentido then, we would not have booked. There are many very good aspects to this resort, most notably the food, which is sensational and the majority of the staff.
However, as has been mentioned by many recent reviewers, to have one family pool is simply ridiculous. Think of the pool in the TV series "Benidorm" and that just about sums it up. It was also rightly closed on three occasions while we there as there had been (unsanitory) accidents in the pool, but that is no good when there is not another option.

The beach and sea is very rocky and has strong waves breaking most of the time. They have provided access to the sea via pontoons so it is possible to swim safely.

Now for the not so good... the room was OK but the balcony was pathetically sized, having looked around the resort this seemed to be the case most of the time.

The bar staff were surly and arrogant and if a pretty girl was at the bar your chances of getting served were almost non-existant.

Unfortunately both myself and son contracted Gastro-enteritis and ended up in Fethiye Hospital. I am not blaming the resort for this as these things can happen when you have so many people in close proximity. But, to pay 60 euro twice for a doctor to visit the room to literally not even open their bag and just call an ambulance was really bad. Also, the provision of hand sanitizers was poor. Many times the ones at the entrance to the restaurant were broken or empty and there really should be someone there to ensure they were used. In all the times we entered or exited the Restaurant the only family we saw using them was ours.

But the biggest gripe is that after paying to extend our stay on the last day due to a late flight they contacted us two days early (the day after my son returned from hospital) and forcibly tried to get us to change rooms. Even though I resisted three times they still tried to persuade us to move within an hour and offered to send staff to pack our bags. The room they wanted to move us to was not as good (in our opinion) as the one we had. It was clear that they had double booked our room and wanted us out. i even checked this with our Rep and she told us that was the case. They used their resident Rottweiller who I think is called Zelda to try to persuade us.

The worse thing about this is that we had an ill son who was in bed and very tired but also they would happily instantly move another family into a room that had housed two people with contagious illness. To put it mildly, we were disgusted.

I suspect that the Manager will write a reply on here trying to say that they were doing us a favour, but I, the Reps and he know that is a lie!

We will not be returning and certainly will not be recommending this resort.

1 Thank HansamCotswolds_UK
Liberty-Hotels-Lykia, Genel Müdür at Liberty Hotels Lykia, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Merhaba,
First of all, we would like you to know that we are sorry about the illness of your son.
Our thoughts about your comment;
We have been advertising since last year july via tripadvisor.com, our web site, our facebook page and through our travel agencies about the spilt into +16 adults only.
Despite this your complaint was a surprise for us.
That the beach & sea is very rocky can be seen clearly on our website and our films used for promotional purposes. Besides in order to avoid this we did build a children's beach, it's a shame that you did not mention this.
The doctor's consultation is like everywhere against a charge as advertised in all publicity.
Due to the seasonal occupancy we were trying to assist you by offering a room change to enable the late check out. A room change means for us additional work and costs. Please be sure that we needed to make the room change.
Again, your son who was assumed to be disturbed whilst ill because of the room change; we've wondered about how your son did cope with the 1,5 hours of airport coach travel, 2 hours of waiting at the airport and the flight to England ?
Finally, as the manager of Liberty Hotels Lykia ı never lied to my guests. I am saddened as before even responding to you ı was declared as a liar in advance.
We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and country..
Yours Sincerely,
Mehmet Biçer
gm@libertyhotelslykia.com
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 week holiday with my husband and two sons ( aged 12 and 10). Our holiday was fine but we were left a little disappointed.
There are many many positives about Lykia... We were staying in the Xanthos block- that had just been refurbished. The rooms were modern and the beds were very comfortable. (The air con was great too). You needed a degree in electrical engineering to work out the light switches though. We also managed to pick up the hotel wifi from our balcony. There was a lack if British TV channels- not something we would normally have needed but our first week was spent getting over accidents and rotavirus so we were confined to barracks for a few days!
I thought all the staff were lovely and friendly, yes some of them had limited English but still better than my Turkish! If you regularly tip the bar staff you will get served immediately and often get waiter service.
The food in the Marina restaurant was excellent - the wasps loved the traditional Turkish puddings!
We tended to stay at Children's paradise as, ironically, it was much more peaceful and relaxing. You could usually get a sunbed and shade up there. ( And it was closer to our room). I had a nasty fall up there and had to receive first aid. The staff were very kind and attentive. They came and checked up on me a few times when I returned (even the lad giving out the towels).
The children's club organisers worked very hard and the evening entertainment was a better quality than the usual hotel stuff. Particularly the Pirate Show.

So why no 5 stars from me? I am aware that a lot of these negatives are not the fault of the hotel but personal to us as a family but are worth noting to help other people choose the right hotel.
Firstly it was hot, very hot and the humidity made it feel hotter! Having spent 2 weeks in Egypt last year ( which temperature wise was hotter) I was surprised how long it took us to adjust this time. The complex is very beautiful but lots of steep hills and it is massive. This together with the heat made us less inclined to wander far.
As mentioned by others here, the main pool was too small and cramped and you could not get a sunbed there unless you got up at stupid o'clock. In a 5 star hotel I expect to be able to get a sunbed anytime. In fact, I expect the pool staff to find sunbeds for us!!
The beach, although very beautiful, was not safe. The sea is very rough with some strong currents. The "baby" beach was better but again too small and cramped for the amount of people wanting to bathe there.
Sickness bug!!! My son and I both contracted a nasty rotavirus and were poorly for a couple of days each. Although the hotel is not directly responsible for this virus, I felt that not enough was done to avoid it being contracted. There were a number of antibacterial sprays around the restaurant- but they were often empty or damaged. Also there were no members of staff ensuring that everyone used them. Also the toilets at the Marina were not cleaned regularly enough and the bins containing the soiled toilet paper were often overflowing.
The wasps were a nuisance at the restaurant but if you sat well away from the food they left you alone. The restaurant was busy and not particularly relaxing- having to avoid small children carrying overflowing plates of spagbol! We never went to the a la carte restaurants because after paying over £5000 for an all inclusive holiday, we were not going to pay an extra £50 for another meal!

I think the hotel is lovely but just wasn't right for us. If my children had joined in with kids club and more activities then we would probably have been a bit more positive about the holiday! There are a lot of organised activities for children and I believe this is where it would be good value. If you are the type of family who enjoy organised activities and entertainment ( something like Butlins or Haven and I don't mean that in a disparaging way) then this is the place for you.

Stayed August 2014
6 Thank mazmackey
Merhaba / Hello 

Thank you very much to take time for sharing your impressions about our hotel and chhosing our hotel for your holiday.

We are sorry and on the other hand surprised about your disappointments on the points that you have mentioned. You are right about the heat and the main pool problem. For the heat since there is nothing we can do; we try to take actions on more indoor air-conditioned places among the hotel and carry our guests to distanced locations with our club cars that work every 15 minutes. And please note that we have already planned the new big pool for the next season. We take the necessary actions to avoid wasps and flies but since we are in the middle of a beautiful nature we are limited not to give any harm to the environment and to our guests. Also please be sure that all actions are done for safety and health.

In your next visit, please meet our Kids Club chefs to know more about the activities, education programs, and sport activities that your children can join and have fun. According to the ages; there is hectic schedule that you can choose among.

We look forward to welcoming you again

Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We chose this hotel due to the excellent reviews, family having stayed there in the past and the location. On arrival we were upgraded to The Sentido due to over bookings. We definitely landed on our feet as the rooms were fabulous. Having been recently refurbished - huge 7 ft bed plus sofa bed, balcony with pool, mountain and sea views, mini bar, tea and coffee making facilities, complimentary safe, loads of wardrobe space, great walk in rain shower. What topped it off was the fabulous lighting. Blue mood lighting around the ceiling, bed and mirror. Also fabulous air conditioning.

Staying in the Sentido you have to be 16 and over.

The following is my personal views based on my experience:

Location
The hotel is set in beautifully maintained gardens with its own beach. 10 minutes taxi ride to Olu a Deniz, 25 to Fetihye, 105 minutes to Dalaman Airport

Rooms
Our room was fabulous. Could have done with a couple of hooks in bathroom or just outside for robes. Even though lots of wardrobe space you weren't able to hang up long dresses so had to fold over a hanger.

We ate mainly in the Sentido Restaurant which was fabulous. We have been on so many all inclusive holidays and usually get bored with the food but not here. Loads of choice and new dishes everyday. The standard is exceptionally high. We also ate in The Turkish Restaurant and the Blue Budha Chinese Restaurant. The Turkish is set outside and is buffet style except for the starter. It was ok. The Chinese was fabulous. Set Menu that changes daily but quality very good. If we were on the beach we would have lunch at the Marina Restaurant. Huge variety and fabulous views out to sea

There is over 1000 staff working at this resort and we only experienced bad service from 1 member. Oyugen at the main bar. Everywhere else was fabulous. The following staff members were outstanding:

Volken our waiter in Sentido. Fabulous service at all times
Erme at the beach bar, great strawberry daiquiris
All Blue Budha staff. - excellent service and food
Berk at Sentido bars
The pink ladies at Sentido Restaurant
Deniz and Tuba Sentido reception
Guest Relations
Wren for baggage delivery and collection
Nehmet - chef in Sentido and for the beautiful smoked salmon and blinis starter

And a special thank you to the Hotel Manager Pars Efe. You really made our stay

Cleanliness
Excellent

Facilities
Pools - staying in Sentido we couldn't fault the pools but over in Lykia, the main pool was not enough but they are building another pool for 2015.
Didn't use kids club but everyone we spoke to raved about it
At dinner time the marine restaurant is like a zoo. It seats 2000 people and is crazy. Staggered reservations would be better.
This resort is not for people with walking difficulties as it's hilly. There is a bus which will take you around and there are golf buggies to get you and luggage to rooms.
Beach is great but sea can be a little rough. They have built a children's beach which is great.
Loads of bars.
Great water stations by bars as well which are always well stocked.
Great entertainment, something for everyone
Washing and ironing facilities
Great shops in resort

Weather
It's hot. Loads of Mosquitos at night so if you are prone to getting bit wear a really strong repellant. Loads of wasps at Marina Restaurant. They are docile but if you are afraid and start whooshing them away you may get stung. Eating when the sun has gone down or burning a coffee bean does help.

Spa
Very disappointing, manicure, pedicure and massage not very good and same price as you would pay at home.

Room Tip: All the rooms are being refurbished. If you are an adult only part I.e. Over 16 go to Sentido
10 Thank dens08
Merhaba / Hello 

We are so happy that you were very happy with your upgraded room and enjoyed the Sentido Side of the resort. Thank you very much for making time to share your reviews about our facilities that will be useful for other guests to come.

Your special thanks to mentioned staff will be shared and disappointment about the only staff and the SPA will be taken care of.

In your visit, please do not forget to download onto your mobile phone the “Liberty Hotels Lykia” application for navigation, A la Carte reservations, Hotel information, News updates and a faster WI-FI speed.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Travel dates 25th July to 8th of August

Our family had a 2week booking, so myself, the other half and our 8year daughter.

Arrival at the hotel reception was fine bar the change over of the bus (only because the driver and rep were trying to organise another pick up with another driver, caused mainly by our flight taking off late). Check in was swift and friendly. We were taking to our room via a golf buggy and a hard working lad carrying all the cases up stairs to our room. The room itself in Xthantos or X block, (not sure the spelling is correct) was excellent, very modern, very clean plenty of wardrobe and draw space and also had a balcony. In our holiday details it said no balcony, but from what i saw they all have a balcony. From other reviews i have read some people do not like there rooms, but perhaps ours was a newer block, never the less, very happy with ours and the chambermaid was fantastic and very friendly.

As all others have said, the main pool, which is the only pool where children can get into is well overcrowded and very tough to get a lounger&parasol for your family unless you slap your towels down at the break of dawn, shame because it is a nice pool and of a good size, this really needs to be addressed. Ofcourse if you hang around on the step above or sit at the tables at the top, around midday people leave to go for lunch, so you get a better chance to grap some then.

The beach. Fantastic sea, great waves and the water is nice and cool to refresh you from the sun, YOU DO NEED JELLY SHOES as the beach is the world most painful shingle on your feet all the way into the water. There is also a area further up the beach for the little ones to play in where there is a rock formation in place to stop the bigger waves.

Restaurants:

There are 5 i think A la carte to choose from, but you will have to pay for them. The main restaurant (The Marina) is fantastic!! There is a vast selection of food to choose from, if anything too much to choose from, all food is freshly cooked and to be honest the staff that work in there work really bloody hard all day long from breakfast to dinner. Well done to the staff of the marina you all need a pay rise.

Yes the wasps and flies are abit of a pest, but there not in swarms at all but they are constantly present, more flies than wasps.

Sewage water smell. This is when the groundsmen are watering the gardens and all over the site, the water they use is recycled from obvious sources. However on a site this big and with so much to water, they are making the best of what they have. Its not that bad really.

Kids entertainment. There is a kids club broken down into age groups that meets in the main village area every morning at 10am and you sign your kids in and off they go for the day, you can collect them when ever you wish, this is a very good service and again, hats off to the staff running these groups.

Childrens paradise, great fun for the kids, water slides, big ones, medium ones,small one and a toddler area. Take your kids up there, they will love it. The snack bar there is super aswell with food constantly being cooked from 11am to 5pm and it all freshly made. The adults can get a beer there aswell if you want and a full range of soft drinks aswell. If you do fancy a beer, the staff can't quite work out the gas tap on the pump, hence you get a massive head. On the side of the pump is a little lever, just notch it up past 1/4 too and it will be fine. Its also very relaxing for adults up here depending on you childs age, our daughter is 8 so she went off and came back to say hi every now and then.

The Spa, This is for over 16 years of age only, a new thing so i have read started this year, i see why they have done this but i don't think it works or is fair. The spa side of the resort is massive with loads of pools (all empty) bar the odd person, massive amounts of empty sun loungers all over the place. All the usual spa treatments on the inside, but its just wasted on adults only, completely wasted.

In the evenings the staff put on shows at the amphitheatre, all very good shows and again the staff dedication is second to none. At the point where the show ends at 10 or 10:30 you are pretty much steered back up to the main village centre where it become a night club, so if you like a night club scene then you got one, we preferred to go back down to the beach bar which is so nice, nice music, you can talk, watch the shooting stars or just chill and the staff there are under less pressure to serve people so alittle more time goes into your drink being made.

The shops in the main village are are bloody expensive!, dont bother. if you don't mind spending loads of money then it won't matter.

When its all said and done, the location is just stunning, you will not see a better sunset than this one. The weather was just perfect, 39 to 42 every day, The hardest working staff i have ever seen.

Would i come back?....no. I quite enjoyed myself, we all chilled out, but i see no point in coming back to something i have already done and would be no different when i came back again. I'm also not sure that it was worth the cost and we booked very early at the end of December which was i would assume a good price than a later booking.

If need to know anything else just send me a message and I'll tell you if i can.

Room Tip: I'm sure a sea view room is very good but never saw one
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Lincoln W
Merhaba / Hello 

We are so happy that you have spent a nice time for 2 weeks with your family. Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your family holiday and for sharing all these precious and useful comments.

We are happy that you appreciate our staff and the hard work that is done throughout the hotel. We do our best to reach the best standards to make our guests happy and for them to come back to know more and more about Turkey, Turkish culture and hospitality, the unique nature of the location and for many more that they can experience.

We hope that you come back again and once you come please make time for daily tours for Butterfly Valley, 12 Islands, Oludeniz & Fethiye to experience the vibrant colors to have more taste about our beautiful country and its people.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Got married in 2006 in the resort. Everyone in the party loved it. Been twice to the resort and will go back again one day.:-) Friends have been and everyone had loved. Restaurants amazing. So were the staff. Amazing memories , we will treasure forever.

Room Tip: Stayed in sea view room and also family room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle C
Merhaba / Hello 

We hope to see you very soon!

Thank you for sharing your comments about your wedding in 2006. We are looking forward to hearing your impressions and reviews on the new changes and improvements that were done since we have taken over the management 2 years ago as new owners.

We try to do our best for our guests to have amazing memories that will last forever.

In your next visit please book in advance for better prices and reserve the renovated Sentido Resort & SPA rooms with jacuzzi and order your breakfast to the room to refresh your honeymoon.