“Great stay at the Olu Deniz resort” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of NOA Hotels Oludeniz Resort Hotel

NOA Hotels Oludeniz Resort Hotel
Ranked #75 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
England
“Great stay at the Olu Deniz resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2009

My and my boyfriend have just come home from a week's stay at the Olu Deniz resort, where all in all we had a great time. If you haven’t already booked this hotel take in to account that it is very child orientated, it’s fab for families and keeping kids entertained, but not so good if you’re trying to get away from work and have a chilled week.
It is in the same group of hotels as Sun City, so if you do get bored and fancy a change (without paying extra) head over to there. A recommend dinner times, they’re desserts are much better! I have put as much info as poss to give you an idea of what to expect:-
Getting there: It took 2 hours to get there, and one hour and a half to get back to Dalaman airport (just seems to depend on how many people are either being picked up or dropped off)
On Arrival: Check in staff were really friendly, they took our bags to our rooms, and then put an all inclusive wrist band on us each which we had to keep on for the week.
The Room: Is fairly basic, I can see why people have said it's more a 3 than 4 star, but the rooms are cleaned every day, and are fairly comfortable. The room has a flat screen telly with bbc worldnews, cnn, nat geo and lots of other Turkish or German speaking channels. There is a small hairdryer, fridge, safe (you have to pay for) air con, and coffee and tea making facilities. Although they don’t give milk, so pinch some from the bar and keep it in yr fridge.
Noise!: I would highly recommend you ask for a room as far away from the main pool area as possible, as this is what I would say is the hotel's small downfall. Entertainment goes on until midnight, and you can clearly hear everything going on – cheesy tunes etc! It’s ok if you’re a night owl, but then if you want a lie in, you get to hear the noise of the cleaners wheeling their trolley’s in between the blocks at around 8am, kids runnings and screaming around, and if that hasn’t woken you up there is a ‘Good Morning’ song played over the tannoy at 10am every morning with an entertainment rep then running you through the days activities! My boyfriend’s a heavy sleeper and even he got woken up a few times, so bring ear plugs!!!
Entertainment: Six of the seven nights’ worth of evening entertaining were geared to kids, our seventh night there was a Turkish night. The entertainment team tries, and they are lovely, but it is naff as anything! The evening starts at 8:30 with the oki-koki, the superman song, piano man, a german song, cotton eye joe and a handful of other cheesy tunes running the same cycle. This happens EVERY NIGHT!
Food: Is served at set times, I think these are about right: 07:30-10 Breakfast (breads, pastries, cheese, hams, omelettes, sausages) 10:30 Late Breakfast (basically what is left over from the morning breakfast without the omelette making man) 12:30-14:00 Lunch 14:00-16:00 Snack Bar, 16:00-17:00 coffee and cake 19:30-21:30 Dinner. There’s loads of food available, and we really weren’t disappointed with the selectino! There is a shop on site if you want to buy snack bits, or there are supermarkets on the strip.
Pools: There are three pools, the main pool next to the bar which has a toddler pool attached, a separate pool next to the kids club, and a 2nd pool with it’s own bar area at the back of the complex. The 2nd pool is an adult pool and is pretty much child-free and topless sunbathing friendly.
Gym: Is tiny - one cross trainer, one treadmill, one bike and some hand weights. The equipment is a bit out of date.
Paragliding: Was a topic we wanted to find out about but really struggled from the reviews. There’s a guy on the hotel site that will charge you £60 from Reaction. There’s then another 10 or so companies along the strips. They all say the same thing that they all go from the highest point, their competitors don’t, they have the best insurance, their competitor’s don’t etc etc. We went with Focus and paid £45 each. In talking to a lot of different co’s they charged between £75 to £20! It’s a fantastic experience (we hadn’t done it before) take your camera; you’ll get the most amazing pictures!
Spa: We decided to go to the Belciz Beach Hotel spa – it’s a 5* hotel, and the treatments were much cheaper than at the Olu Deniz Resort. A Turkish spa was £10, aromatherapy massage £10 for 30 mins, £13 reflexology… it’s open til 8pm so it’s worth sneaking in on your first day (they say the Turkish bath’s are good for pre-tan)
Beach: The beach is next to the hotel, it’s Belcekiz beach, sunloungers are around 6 turkish lira. If you walk far along enough (about 20mins) you reach the famous blue lagoon. Entry is 3.5 turkish lira. The hotel runs a shuttle bus three times a day to ‘Noa Beach’ (next to the lagoon) which is beautiful, sun loungers are free, and if you go at lunchtime you can still get a sandwich and drink free.
Staff: We so friendly, accommodating, and I couldn’t say a bad word about them!
The weather in May is lovely, the evenings are cold though so bring a couple of hoodies are cardies with you.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank tanewman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Solihull, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

This was our first visit to Turkey and I must say that I found the Turkish extremely friendly and like a lot of other reviews on this resort I was very apprehensive about going to the Oludeniz Resort Hotel as my friend and I are quite fussy travellers. I am pleased to say that we had a fantastic time at this hotel and would find it very hard to criticise anything for the price we paid for all inclusive. The location and setting of this hotel and oludeniz itself was stunning with the mountains all around you and the beach literally just out the back of the hotel. We were quite early in the season and a lot of the shops/bars etc were just opening but it's easy to see that there would be plenty to do outside of the hotel. The weather in oludeniz is excellent which was a bonus as the forecast for Fethiye on the internet isn't always the best, the clouds seem to miss oludeniz as it's nestled below the mountains.

We went on 1 trip with Thomas Cook which was the Jeep Safari, this was an excellent day out as it took you to a few of the sites and also included a lunch, next time we will be doing some paragliding and the boat trips which both look like good value for money.

The rooms which are dotted around the beautiful grounds in small 2 story buildings were very clean and decorated in a unique way which was a nice change and the air conditioning was remote controlled and worked brilliantly.

There are 2 large swimming pools for the hotel, one of them is located at the main reception,bar,restaurant area and this is the lively pool as it is where all the entertainment team will get you playing volleyball etc and it is also where all the kids play. The second pool is down the other end of the resort and is called the relax pool, this is for over 16's only and the entertainers never go to this pool so it was lovely to be able to get away from the noise as you don't always get that option in a lot of hotels (we mainly used this pool) you also have a bar there which is very handy.

Restaurant times were excellent, you could get food pretty much whenever you wanted, it was nice to be able to get a late breakfast which was around 10:30 and the food was good, there was food cooked on the bbq every evening for dinner and the restaurant had a good variety, you could also sit outside which was lovely.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
4 Thank Mark_Solihull
bury, lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

It was fantastic the service was great we arrived 3am and the staff greeted us and took us to our room.
The room had a double bed which was so comfy. In the rooms it was a bit damp but it was alright. The food was a bit repetitve but it was still nice. We ate out most nights and the restaurants around the area were lovely. The locals are very friendly and help you as much as they can.
The hotel was right on the beach and had paragliding which my boyfriend did and he loved the experience.
It was still very cheap there as this was my 8 th time in turkey and was worried about prices,when we went out it was still very cheap.
The weather was great didnt rain at all. It was around 25c, we were there from 25th april until 4th may.
I have recommended it to my family as they would like to try olu deniz.

2 Thank sarah_lou8977
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2009

Just returned from 11 day stay. Transfer from airport took 70 minutes with transfer4u.com, cost £17.72 return for one person. Return transfer, with 4 pick ups, took 90 minutes. The hotel was lovely. The room , albeit a bit small, was nicely decorated, good beds and bedding , nice windows ( well screened against insects ), lovely curtains and mirrors, hair dryer, kettle and tea suppied in the room, flatscreen TV with satellite TV- including CNN and BBC World News, and Eurosport ( which showed the London Marathon live ). Good clean towels and clean bedding supplied every day. A little neighbour and road noise though ; only 10 hangers in the wardrobe. The hotel itself is fairly spacious , airy, and has two swimming pools, bars. restaurant, the lovely, peaceful Olive Garden, fitness centre, and more. It is excellently located right on the lovely , quite long, fairly wide, beach- silky sand though there are pebbles where you get into the blue water, which quickly becomes deep. The all inclusive at the bars run until 2am, and there is no shortage of food at various times during the day. The food is probably the worst I have experienced at any hotel I have stayed in, though, and is a big letdown compared with how nice the premises are ; likewise the waiters in the restaurant who need training or re-training. The hotel provides a free beach towel service. The hotel also has its own stretch of private beach at the lagoon ( which I did not use ) and provides a free return shuttle service- the food and drink here is not part of the all inclusive, though, and has to be paid for- save for between about 12.30pm and 2pm when some food is provided for free. The hotel is ideal for families with lots for the kids to do, and for couples I think. Security at front and back entrances to the hotel. The resort itself looked really tatty when I arrived on 16 April- this was because it was still partly closed down during the close season. But when I left on 27 April the resort was looking far better and really beginning to blossom, with quite a lot of bars and restaurants. Plenty of ATMs here; a few places to change currency. There are boat trips from the resort, and paragliding from 6,500 ft from the nearby mountain- you leave from the resort promenade and spend about 45 minutes in a truck driving to the take off point on the mountain- exciting stuff. I did it for £35 though I believes it costs twice that in the high season. Tip - paraglide at 11am as the thermals are better then, you get up higher, and the flight lasts longer- about 45 minutes. If you are a runner , this resort is difficult for it is too small to run about in and the resort streets are made of hard concrete bricks. The beach is a non-starter. To run out of the resort is difficult, too, with a prolonged very steep climb the way you came into the resort ; it is better to exit the resort the other way, towards Lykia World, which begins with a steep climb of about 70 metres , and up and down thereafter, but not too bad. A run to Lykia World and back is about 2.8 miles.
I flew with flythomascook.com from Gatwick for £118 including card fees- I booked two singles as this was £15 cheaper than booking a return for the same times and dates with them. The hotel cost £14.17 a night all inclusive with no single person room supplement.
The weather was very good with unbroken sunshine on many days, and long periods of sunshine on others, especially in the afternoon- all really warm- about low 70's. It was chilly at night , though .The sea was really chilly but good once you got in- which doesn/t take long as the water quickly gets deep.

John.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank Johnchivers2
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2009

Just returned last night from a week there. We went out of season, the first few days were very quiet and peaceful but it got busier as the week went on. We were a bit nervous having read some bad reviews on there, but had a lovely time.

We went with Thomas Cook, but the hotel operates for many operators including a lot of Turkish ones as well. But everyone mixes in nicely and there is a good atmosphere.

The hotel is rated as 4 star, i personally would give it 3.5. Its certainly not a 4 star by UK standards but is better than the 3 star holiday hotels by a good margin. The rooms are clean and adequate, altho the bed linin is way too small. A single sheet and blanket on a double bed isn't good, especially when it gets cold in April!

The food was nice, altho perhaps a little 'samey'. Although i have to say i didn't really have a meal i didn't like all week. 2 large buffets will provide enough variety to satisfy most tastes.

They have 2 pools, one of the kids and one for people to relax in.

The hotel is more like a village, all blocks of rooms nicely spread out with lemon and pine trees dotted around and really nice presentation of it. The hotel has enough facilities to keep people entertained.

The night time entertainment was an experience in iteself. It was kind of so bad it was good, you had to laugh and enjoy it really. The entertainment crew are all a great laugh and very friendly. Evening music was generally geered to younger people, with a lot of dance music. To me this was great, but i imagine it might not be appreciated by older holiday makers.

Was our first time all inclusive and we made full use of it eating lots. Hotel is right on the beach as well so you can pop back for a bite to eat at lunch, altho its about a 20 min walk to the lagoon so not really an option to pop back for that.

Overall was a very nice holiday and i'd certainly go back, altho my girlfriend wasn't quite so keen as me. She gave it a 6 out of 10, whereas i'd say an 8. So we'll round it off to a solid 7!

2 Thank Si81
Newcastle upon Tyne.UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

We have just returned from a fab week in Oludeniz. This was our first time in Turkey. Having read the reviews, I was a bit anxious. But so pleased that we booked at the all inclusive Oludeniz Resort Hotel.
On arrival at an ungodly hour, at 1.30 am, we were initially disappointed. After a long journey, Newcastle to Oludeniz, we arrived to find friendly staff but absolutely NOTHING to eat.
However, breakfast the following morning soon cheered us up. From then on, we thoroughly enjoyed the vast array of salads, hot food and puddings. Not to mention the delicious Turkish bread. For those who missed lunch, snacks are available. We also enjoyed the free bar!
The room was cleaned every day. Bathroom is a bit on the small side. Room has a TV, telephone, kettle+cups and saucers, herbal teas and sugar,hairdryer, a good fridge and a safe (we didn't use this).
The staff are wonderful. We grew specially fond of Arzu and Ali in the restaurant and Feliz in the reception area ( A big thank you to all three, and the rest). The animation team try so hard. I must admit that they didn't always get it right- but that is my opinion, oh, but they are warm and such a laugh. Any questions and the reception staff are more than happy to help.
The spa center is lovely and has an indoor pool (more like a small pond). We are not swimmers so it didn't really matter. You can use the sauna and steam room free of charge every afternoon. The prices for treaments are steep but the therapists make you feel special and wonderful. My husband and I treated ourselves to a Turkish foam bath, quite an experience.
However, I found a lovely Turkish bath five minutes away from the hotel on the beach front, you have to go down a few steps. Prices reasonable but the treatment I received from the two female therapists was beyond expectation. I had the Turkish Bath and the Milk massage- highly recommendable.
Paragliding is the thing to do there and we eventually braved it. We went with J.J.'s company and came down- soft landing, highly professional. We initially booked with Hector, but saw one of his paragliders land in a tree...oooh, no thanks.
About one and a half mile from the hotel along the beach is the lagoon. Stunning views. You can either pay and go through the nature reserve or you can walk on the track leading to the beach clubs, and get views that are beyond description.
Excursion to Pamukkale was a great experience. Unfortunately, our rep did not warn us that it can still be very cold as you go into the mountains, specially with an early start. Lucky for us, the sun came out. A dip in Cleopatra's pool put a smile on everyone's face. Our guide, Hakan, was very informative.
One big let down was the lack of information (even local maps werent printed- still waiting Kerry) provided by the Thomas Cook rep.
All in all, a lovely holiday at a warm and friendly resort. When sitting at the main poolside, look out for mountain goats, they are a delight when you can spot them.

4 Thank Binibubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2009

My daughter and I had a lovely vacation and experienced the unique Turkish way at Oludeniz Resort Hotel. The views stunning! We enjoyed the friendly Turkish service, the cuisine and the quality of the accommodation.

The rooms was colourfully designed and situated around beautifully laid out gardens. We arrived very late at night and was welecomed by staff with hot drinks and cakes before shown to our room. Once in the room it was nice to find a bottle of wine together with a fresh bowl of fruit. Only gripe was that the room was a bit cold at night and we needed extra blankets.

The food, all buffet style, served in the main restaurant. Food Ok, but could have done with it a little spicier.

Congratulations to all staff for their efficiency and kindness.

Sharon & Corinne