“Fantastic holiday!”

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 121 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Just back from my 8th visit to this wonderful hotel.

The setting is perfect. Surrounded by the beautiful mountains. The hotel is right in the middle of everything. The food was fantastic, as always. But the thing that keeps bringing me back time after time is the people. The staff are the friendliest, most helpful people I've ever encountered on holiday. It was lovely to see all my old friends again and meet some new ones too.

Karen, the Thomson rep, was very helpful and knowledgeable too, despite having problems with her equipment when we were trying to book a trip.

There was quite a lot of rain while I was there, but the cleaners are constantly sweeping up the leaves and the water, even if they know it's going to rain again soon. All guest rooms and public areas are kept spotless.

My only slight disappointment was with the entertainment this year (sorry Air, if you're reading this). The professional acts were very good, although the breakdancers weren't on very long and the belly dancer was only on for 15 minutes, but that was due to the rain. I wouldn't have blamed her if she hadn't come on at all! I was just a bit disappointed that the entertainment team didn't do any shows themselves. They did "the Olympic Games", which was a laugh, but it was just Air ( the head entertainer) compering and the guests doing the entertaining (including me!). This may have been because it was still early in the season though and Air hadn't quite got things sorted out yet. The only other thing was when the football was on. They showed it in the meeting room and at the pool bar, but if you weren't interested you had to entertain yourself!  Having said all that, I do think Air makes a good head entertainer during the day and his water gym was a great laugh. Nothing like I've ever done before! And the rest of the team were very friendly and approachable too, but left you alone if you didn't want to join in.

I'm very much looking forward to coming back again in September.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank AlisonC1970
Write a ReviewReviews (1,915)

Reviewed 24 May 2012

If you are thinking of travelling to Oludeniz for your holiday then you must stay the the Belcekiz Beach hotel. Me and my partner stayed here on an all inclusive basis for a week, prior to taking a Thomson cruise and were not disappointed. All of what has been written in previous reviews is spot on so don't want to repeat except to say that this hotel offered the best food we've ever experienced for an all inclusive deal. If you want peace and quiet then I would recommend using the adult only pool in the annex but has only a bar and doesn't serve food other than ice cream and small pastries in the late afternoon. The cafe attached to the Sunset Bar was open at lunchtime and in the evening at 11pm too - serving a hot meal or soup late into the evening - great for that late night hunger to soak up the alcohol!! My partner experienced the paraglyding saying it was brilliant and filmed most of the flight himself. He paid £50 for his flight plus the regular charge of 25TL as entrance to the National Park to take off from. The pilot also filmed the flight as well as capturing pics but was very expensive to purchase so didn't bother. All in all a brilliant holiday and am looking forward to returning again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms in the annex if you want a quieter holiday
9  Thank ladypenelope48
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Returned 21/05/2012. Being a sceptic I can never believe all reviews, but please belive me . I can not recommend this hotel highly enough. We arrived at the hotel at 04:00 and was met by the cheeriest porter. The receptionist looked genuinely pleased to see us. We stayed accross the road from the main hotel which was great and quiet, close to the Lobby bar / Pool (thanks for putting up with me Fatma). The Restaurant was fantastic with so much choice I had to walk around and around every mealtime before I could decide which meal to have!! A fussy eater would have had trouble complaning. The bar staff were great and never left you with an empty glass and asked what drink you wanted as you finished. I could go on and on about everything regarding our stay there. Please go and stay at Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED

9  Thank Gary_1205
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Just had a lovely week here after a Thomson cruise. we chose this from the stunning reviews on tripadvisor from last year, and we were not disappointed in any way. The location is perfect on the beach with a beautiful mountain backdrop, with the superb staff at you all the time for another drink, or clearing your table, and they are martialled by the most hands on manager I have ever seen. the food is superb, even though I am hard to feed. the only thing I missed was bacon at breakfast. they have a great choice of continental breakfast, and eggs any way you want them. It is without doubt the best all inclusive hotel we have stayed, especially with such attentive waiters and no queuing. You cant help but love the place. we will return

Room Tip: nothing more than 2 storey. some did not like being in the annex
5  Thank JACKNORMAN
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Just returned from an 11 night stay. From start to finish it did not fail us. The staff are really friendly, Karen the rep is very helpful and can answer anything you need to know and Mehmit the restaurant manager was very charming and always around to make sure things were running as they should. Food and drink is very accessible and very tasty too. Lots of choice. We never got bored of the food.

Location is spot-on. When we arrived and had our first look around, I didn't realise that literally the hotel is overlooking the beach. You can sit at the Plaza Bar which is part of the hotel and people watch to your hearts content. The paraglinders land in front of you and you can see and hear the sea. We sat there many nights taking it all in, very chillaxing.

Shops and restaurants are within a very short walking distance and you can get some lovely jewellery here and not that expensive. We went to the Buzz Bar most nights to watch the sunset. Can totally recommend this bar. The music is chill, the atmosphere is very relaxing and the staff friendly.

We hired a car for 3 days which we would totally say is a must. We went to Gocek which is a marina full of very expensive boats and with restaurants that you can sit and watch the day go by. The road from Kalkan to Kas has excellent views. I think in 11 days we took over 1000 photos of everything from the views, to tortoises walking along the road to beaches etc. Patara Beach is also worth a visit. 18km of sanding beach and safe swimming. We found the roads very safe and had no problems at all.

We were very undecided about booking a holiday to Turkey but we are so glad we did. We have been to many countries but decided this year we wanted to stay out of the euro and stay somewhere nearer to England. We found Turkey very cheap apart from the petrol was is more expensive than England (believe it or not).

Belcekiz Beach Hotel will not fail to disappoint. I always come onto Tripadvisor which is my bible before booking holidays and everything that everyone says is true. It really is a special place.

Room Tip: Rooms over the road are quieter and near the adults only pool.
17  Thank Kazza074
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Easily the best hotel we have ever stayed in and we have stayed in quite a few around the world. Cannot fault anything or even the location. Thomsons were spot on with their service. You could ask us anything from staff or even just the coach rides out and our answer would be outstanding. The problem is that we will always be comparing it with future holidays now. The strongest point is the staff who are genuine, pleasant and for whom nothing is too much trouble. The all inclusive deal requires you to have very strong will power - you could be eating and drinking 24/7!

Room Tip: B block or the annexe. Beware buying watches in Olu Deniz high street - most of them are cheap and...
14  Thank Straighttalking049
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We stayed here for the last week of the season 2011 and had the most amazing time. The hotel was beautiful, situated right on the promenade in Olu Deniz. Our room, overlooking the pool, was spotless. The gardens were stunning and the pool was beautiful, if a little cold in October! A fantastic selection of food, to suit all tastes. Evening entertainment was the usual cheesy nonsense but great fun. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: A bit disappointed with the gym; nothing really worked properly. Loose weights had to do!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family