“An Absolute Gem”

Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel
Ranked #7 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Reviewed 25 July 2012

The hotel was chosen because of the highly favourable reviews - although part of me was skeptical as to the validity of the comments. However, having just returned from a 2 week stay at Club Belcekiz, I feel compelled to say that the place is an absolute gem! Everything about the stay exceeded my expectations and many elements rivalled far more expensive hotels. The choice, quality and quantity of food was exceptional (I am at least 3/4 of a stone heavier than when I arrived - a big thank-you to the chefs for their creativity and to Bilal for the all the shandies!). The hotel facilities and beach location was fantastic (I made good use of the free wireless broadband by the main pool!). The staff were very friendly (seeing the staff get on so well with each other and Mehmet the manager, as well as how much the latter helped out in the restaurant was very reassuring). The visiting evening Entertainment Acts were of a very high standard (it's unusual to see such quality for free!). Finally, the Entertainment Team were wonderfully welcoming, inclusive and interactive throughout the day. I danced with them all for many nights (Caramel, you are a dancing machine!) The place is ideal for couples and families. We were very very sad to leave and can now completely understand the high percentage of returning guests (many are into double figures!).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Annexe and would do so again - having the adults-only pool at your front door was a...
2  Thank Dion D

Reviewed 24 July 2012

Just returned from a week with 5 of my family. It was fantastic. The staff were so attentive , whilst the entertainment staff get the reviews I think the bar staff need a mention working tirelessly in the heat. The food was plentiful of a great standard and varied. The on site bar on the front has one of the best views to watch the para gliders and the sunsets. Will certainly be returning.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the main site rather than annex
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I don't know how to start my review. It was really the first time visit and first time in all inclusive one, so I was a bit not sure to expect. Wether choice was based on the amazing reviews we found. So all I can say YES, it is FAB. The hotel is amazingly delightful. From the moment we checked-in, I felt so relaxed. The reception is cozy, the way to the room was beautiful passage in between the gardens, and the attendant was so helpful and welcoming.
Room: comfortable and clean. Thanks for the flowers.
Food: set in a very comfortable and practicle timing fit for everyone and so delicious. they offer a buffet variety on daily basis for a week.
Staff: are so friendly and they have an amazing sense of hospitality.
Entertainment: so cool if you like to be part of their activities, but I simply enjoyed sitting by the pool. I loved the night shows, especially the Turkish one. The house dance is so cool too.
Beach: Charming view, make sure to have beach shoes to be able to swim without hurting your feet.

Cheers for Mehemet, Robinson, Tarkan and all the people there, well done and keep it up.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OmarSara
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had never been to Turkey before, and I will hold my hands and admit I had my preset ideas on what to expect. Within hours of arriving, these ideas were proved to be wrong. In fact, I would go as far as to say, my concept of Turkey was turned upside down.

The hotel is nestled underneath a canopy of trees and sits neatly ont he beach front of Olu Deniz. Arriving late at night, we were shown to our room by friendly and efficient staff. The room is smaller than some of the hotels we have stayed in before, but it is very clean with ample storage. Some people may want a bigger room, but most holiday makers are social people who dont spend their holiday hidden away in their room.

The food is simply fantastic. The choice is wide and varied and will suit even the most picky of eaters. Each day there is a selection of hot and cold food, including fresh locally grown salad, fish and fruit. The evening menu contains everything from local dishes, thai, indian, chinese right through to a good old fashioned roast on a Sunday. The deserts are not the usual bland hotel variety, they have flavour. Some of the restaurants outside of the hotel, when they find out you are staying at the Belcekiz, actually admit themselves the food is good there. The chefs are always visible and so is a food hygienist, who is regularly seen taking samples and checking the cleanliness of the the food areas. A very comforting sight. The restaurant area can get very humid during the day.

Hotel entertainment is usually pretty dire, but here you have a selection of local artists, acrobats, dancers and groups that perform either in the Plaza bar or on the stage. The Plaza bar itself is very popular and doesnt feel like the normal hotel bar. This feels like you are outside fo the hotel in a different bar, guests from other hotels often visit. The bar staff are incredible to watch, the speed they work is amazing to watch.

The staff are simply incredible. This hotel should be used as a template for good customer service. This is a privately owned hotel, and is not one of the cloned large chain variety, and trust me it shows. We felt, from the very moment we set foot through the door, that the sole intention of the staff was to make sure we had a good holiday.

As for the sunbed issue. Well, if you read through the vast majority of the reviews for any hotel there will always be mention of the lack of sunbeds. We always managed to get some. The problem is that a lot of people want certain sunbeds in the same location day after day and complain if they dont get them. These are usually around the main pool. We saw guests queueing at 7am to reserve sunbeds when the pool opened at 8am. The hotel will not allow sunbeds to be reserved next to the pool prior to this. Now, if beds are reserved, ask yourself is that the hotels fault? or the guests that reserve the beds? There were always beds available around the adults only pool and in the garden area. But, the worse offenders for reserving the sunbeds are the British, and the ones that complain about it the most are the British. As a Brit, I will never joke about the Germans getting the towel on the sunbed first again.

I have never gone back to the same hotel twice, but I will be going back to this one. My thanks to Mehmet, Air, Gengiz, Pinar, Arif... the list could go on, thankyou. We will see you next year.

Room Tip: Book early. The annex has an adults only pool, ideal if you want to escape the kids.
3  Thank aggy67
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Club Belcekiz Beach & can safely say this hotel has surpassed all expectations. We arrived early hours on the Sunday morning to be greeted by friendly & helpful reception staff. The porter took our bags to the room & showed us how the air-con worked...which we definitely needed :-) The room was smaller than we've had in the past but this was not an issue as there was plenty of storage space & the bed was extremely comfortable. Our maid was lovely, keeping the room spotlessly clean & providing a bottle of water every day whilst always smiling.
We never had an issue getting a sunbed throughout the whole time we were there but we always sat in the garden area which was less busy. The pool was cordoned off until 8am so anyone wanting a sunbed in that area had to be patient although some people were sad enough to start queuing at the cordon before 7am & I'm sorry to say it was the Brits who were the main culprits. There is also an over 16's only pool over in the annexe where sunbeds always seemed to be available. Ladies, as I never found a review that mentioned it, topless sunbathing is permitted, the staff never bat an eyelid. We also had a member of the pool bar staff come over to us regularly to take drinks orders so we never needed to leave our beds to rehydrate :-)
The restaurant was very well run, the staff can't do enough for you, fetching drinks & clearing tables. The food is out of this world with a huge variety of main courses & sweets to die for. The chefs have got to be some of the best in Turkey & they use only produce sourced locally. The fresh fruit available at every meal is delicious....fresh cherries by the bucketful, melon, nectarines, plums...the list goes on & on & the salads that they have are always freshly prepared & varied.
The Plaza Bar is the hub of the hotel in the evening. It's set at the back of the hotel near the restaurant & is open air so doesn't feel like a hotel bar. The bar staff are amazing...I have never seen drinks & cocktails prepared so quickly & with lots of laughter along the way. We sat at the same place at the bar most evenings & got to know the staff really well, to the point where our drinks were refilled without any need to ask & we were included in their conversations which were hilarious.
The entertainment team work their backsides off....as do all the staff in the hotel...daytime activities then evening shows, some of the shows performed by the staff themselves but the majority by acts brought in...live band, belly dancers, acrobats etc. All I can say is once you have met Air, the entertainment coordinator (who regularly claims he is the general manager) you will never forget him as he is the biggest character at the hotel. Loud, good looking & cocky but very likeable with a great sense of humour & a genuine desire for people to enjoy themselves.
The management are always visible, especially Mehmet who seems to start work early in the morning & is still up & dancing early hours of the morning.
The staff are a real credit to the hotel...they all work really hard & I believe it's them that make the hotel such a joy to visit. This was our first visit to Turkey....it won't be our last & we will definitely be coming straight back to the Belcekiz Beach :-)

2  Thank barbibabe321
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Have just got back from our third visit to Belcekiz Beach I can only say Mehmet, Air and rest of the staff at Belcekiz you have continued to surpass yourselves!!

Travelling in a group of six friends, we were made very welcome by everyone at Belcekiz, from the reception team on arrival, right through to our maid service. The picturesque designs left on our bed, using towels, and local flowers were fantastic! Even when dissatisfied with two of the rooms provided, the reception staff were very helpful and moved us to the annexe part to better accommodation.

Air, Rico and the entertainment team must run on rocket fuel!! They never stopped throughout the day (Where do they get their energy from?) The variety of acts that performed throughout our stay were all top notch and we were particularly impressed with the dance/acrobat pairing.

The restaurant, as usual ran to swiss timing under the guidance of Mehmet. His attentive front of house style, the tricks he plays on new residents, and the way he entertains kids with his magic coin trick still amazes me. The staff in the restaurant were very attentive and the presentation of food excellent.

Richie has his own 'Hang Out' bar above the hotel complex. Here you are treated to cocktails and a spectacular view of the beach and sunset. We spent a couple of great nights there, and was well worth the visit. Try one of his hazelnut shots!!

A great bonus this year is the agreement with the sunbed attendants on the beach that Belcekiz residents do not have to pay for their sunbeds on the beach... Happy Days. Yes the early birds do get up and queue for the sunbeds around the pool, and so the best spots are usually taken by the time you come in for breakfast, but with the beach only a stones throw away, why bother setting the alarm ??

For those wanting a bargain, move away from the shops in Olu Deniz ( they are well known to be more expensive than in the local towns ) and take the bus to Hironasu Market on the Monday and Fethiye Market later on in the week. Just a cheap bus ride from Olu Deniz, but the price difference is amazing.

As far as the paragliding, jeep safari, microlighting is concerned, you will get pestered wherever you go, and to be honest they undercut each other for your business. Thomsons use Sky Sports at a cost of £84, stating that they are the only ones who have 'proper insurance'. Others will charge as low as £48 for the same service, but beware if you use these. There is an entrance charge to Barbadag Mountain of 27TL and some of the lower prices might not include this - so check first.

We used ReAction for our paragliding which is located just outside of the Belcekiz Beach hotel, and had some great laughs with Farti (yes that is his name) and Tom over the services that they offer. Farti will write your name on a piece of rice and draw a picture on the reverse. Whether you buy it or not, it is unbelievable to see the results. I have to say that the transport up the mountain provided by ReAction was not the best, and for those who have travelled up that dirt track, some say the journey was more dangerous than the flight. But the views and the flight itself more than made up for it - Fantastic. Just be aware that the photos you get are a little expensive ( 90tl ) and the aerial photos and landing photos ( 30tl ) are charged separately - but haggle ..what can you lose !!

We also visited the Blue Lagoon - for a 5tl entrance fee you went to a place where the shallow waters and surrounding views were so inviting. 18tl for each sunbed made you realise just what a bargain the free sunbeds on the beach outside the Belcekiz turned out to be. We took out some canoes (12tl for a two person canoe ) and saw the lovely turtles at the far end of the lagoon, and we were even treated to the view of a seal in the lagoon. Fancy coming up against that whilst snorkelling !!

We really enjoyed our return to Belcekiz, and will visit there in the future. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Stve2100
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed in Olu Deniz, was recommended the belcekiz beach hotel by a friend, so we decided to go and check it out as we were staying in a nearby hotel. Got to the gate where security told us we could go into reception to have a quick look around and ask about the hotel. Once inside, the reception staff asked us where we was going and if he could help, to which I informed him we were just having a look. He then abruptly told us we were not allowed to have a quick look and to leave the hotel! I don't know what he thought we were planning on doing there but we had only just set foot inside the door! So based on first impressions, I wasn't impressed at all and have decided against staying there on my next visit to Turkey!

• Stayed: July 2012