“Fantastic !”

Ranked #9 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Fantastic !”
Reviewed 10 August 2010

We have just returned from an 11 night stay at the Belcekiz Beach Club in Olu Deniz. There were four of us in the party, me, my wife (50ish) and our two daughters aged 21 & 18. We had twin rooms next to each other.

Let me start with the BIG negative…… We should have booked 14 nights not 11 (this is a fantastic hotel) !!!

OK a couple of ‘proper’ very very minor negatives….If I am honest this not the most luxurious Turkish hotel we have stayed in but what it lacks in luxury is more than compensated for in everything else. Another small minus point and then I will get on to all the positives. Whilst the food was excellent quality, I would not give it top marks for variety and choices. (But maybe it is just that we have been very spoilt elsewhere). So that is the negatives and onto the positives.

Staff friendliness rated 10/10 (I would give them 11/10 if possible)
Room Cleanliness rated 10/10
Hotel Cleanliness rated 10/10
Bar facilities rated 10/10
Entertainment Team rated 10/10
Pool rated 10/10
Food Quality rated 10/10
Location rated 10/10
Everything else rated 10/10

We have been to Turkey several times before and love the Turkish people. Generally all hotel staff are very friendly and even those you meet away from the tourist areas always seem polite and friendly. But I cannot remember ever going to a hotel where the staff and made us feel so welcome and special. From the cleaning staff right up to the managers everyone of the makes you feel as if you are the only guest that matters, they are a credit to the hotel. Small things matter and I was touched that as our coach left to come home there were about 15 staff waving us off, not only the entertainment team but cleaners, waitresses and managers.

Cleanliness – Absolutely spotless

Bar facilities – The pool bar is the only daytime drinking place (apart from coffee) but in the evening the main bar is opened. This has a great atmosphere and most nights have music and dancing. Both bars have waiter service which despite being busy is well staffed so the drinks come fast. (And again the staff are so friendly)

Entertainment team – We did not watch any of the shows but I assume that they are of the usual standard for this type of hotel. But throughout the day the entertainment team work tirelessly to make your stay a pleasant one and there is always something going on. Conversly they do not hassle you if you just want to laze around. (PS You will not be able to stop your feet tapping to the Turkish Club Song).

Pool – Clean, safe and well maintained. Sunbeds – We were there high season and there were enough sunbeds to go around, however a lot of them are in shady positions so there is a bit of a rush to get the sunny ones. The hotel adopt a time restriction for the sunbeds directly on poolside and no one is allowed to put towels out before 8am so you get a queue forming from about 7am. Having said that there was only one morning where all the beds were taken straight away.

Food Quality – As I said above apart from variety we had no complaints. Excellent.

Location – This hotel is right on the beach and has bars, shops and restaurants within arms reach. The Blue Lagoon is only a 10 minute walk.

Would we go there again? A BIG BIG YES !!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank marathonman111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lincoln,
Reviewed 8 August 2010

Loved the resort, loved the hotel! The food was outstanding the service second to none, the holiday was just the rest i wanted but with lots of entertainment and fun thrown in too. I cannot fault this holiday in anyway.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roo2828
Birmingham
Reviewed 8 August 2010

We have just returned from our 1st stay at the ‘Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel’ (8-22nd July).. Well where do I start: Booked through Thompson’s, nice and easy with no problems. Airport transfer took about 1hr 15mins; we had to stop after about an hour to transfer into a mini bus for the rest of the journey, I think this is because of the Platinum promise of being the first drop off. We spoke to a couple whose transfer took over 2 hours and they had booked through Portland. On arrival first impressions were good, just like the photos I had seen on Trip advisor; bearing in mind I had looked at every photo on here about 50 times since I booked the holiday lol. Check in no problem, man appeared to carry our cases across to the annexe, only a stones throw from the main block. The room was a nice size with loads of wardrobe and storage space, a fridge but the only problem with the fridge was once you took your key out of the energy saving socket the fridge would not stay on, so in short the fridge is useless but still a nice touch. The maids work really hard and kept our room in tip top condition for 2 weeks. The whole complex was really clean and well kept and nearly all of the staff were friendly and had a smile on there faces, from security guards through to the grounds man, so a thumbs up to the whole of Belcekiz staff. The pool area was nice and big with plenty of sun beds and also sun beds on designated areas in the garden just by the pool. It was good to see a sensible approach to gaining a sun bed for the day, queue up around the pool and at 8.00 am you can reserve one, still the usual selfish on that sticks 4 towels out and returns 6 hours later just to sit on it for 1 hr and take the 4 towels off again but hey ho that happens everywhere. The service for drinks round the pool is excellent; they came round all the time asking if you want a refill… We were so lucky that we had a girl called ‘Sevinc’ looking after us and what a polite and pleasant girl she was, a real credit to the hotel.

Well the food, what can I say…so much to choose from, breakfasts loads of choice, dinnertime you would not go hungry and evening meal, spoilt for choice. I could go on and on about the restaurant but see for yourself. ‘Mehmet’ the manger of the restaurant is always there at meal times to make sure everything runs smoothly, and it does, 10 out of 10 to Mehmet and his team.. My only one small gripe is that although I am not a great fan of wearing long trousers at evening meals I can see why a lot of hotels enforce it, on many occasions during the evening meals some people came to dinner as though they had just come of the beach, swim shorts and vest tops.. it would be nice if they enforced a smart dress code for dinner as the restaurant deserves people making an effort (and the majority did after a hard day topping up the tan). The snack bar by the pool served up some excellent snacks and it made a change to go there during the day. ’Ritchie’ oversees the bar and snack area and again he does a good job keeping guests happy and full.

Thomson reps were on hand every day if required, pool towels were available every day which was a nice touch. The hotel is right on the beach, literally 1 minutes walk, but beware of the whistling para gliders landing on the prom, a great sight to watch them come down. Just a word of warning, if you are going to do this make sure you have proper insurance as if you are involved in an accident(which there are) you want to know that you will be treated and covered for all eventualities. Don’t be a cheap skate or you could regret it, however lots of people do it and enjoy the experience. There are plenty of companies offering excursions and trips so shop around for the best deals.
The entertainment team put on the usual daytime activities and you are not bullied into having a go, the entertainment team character is called ‘Air’, he works very hard and integrates well with the holiday makers, he really does make an effort and the girls love him…maybe some of the guys to..Lol. There is entertainment on the evenings but its only on for about an hour so you can then either go to the pool bar where it is quiet and have a drink, or go round to the front of the hotel to the Plaza bar where there is a DJ and its buzzing, this bar is open to the public, although its no problem… it’s a nice bar.
So would I return, yes without a doubt, excellent hotel, excellent service, excellent location and very good value for money.. I have heard moans on here at the price going up and due to that they will not return, well you will because you get what you pay for and in my eyes Belcekiz Beach was excellent value for money and I would be hard pushed to find the same somewhere else for the money. Lots of people we spoke to were return visitors so that speaks volumes, and I could safely say that this hotel will never go short of bookings if they keep this standard.
I hoped you enjoyed reading our review and if you want any further info please email me… What I would say to staff at Belcekiz is to answer some of the reviews that people put on here, it shows us that you take notice of the good and bad points…

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Sillybait
London
Reviewed 29 July 2010

Just returned from 2 weeks at this hotel and suffering some severe withdrawal symptoms. What a fabulous place. Usually we just lurk on Tripadvisor, but felt we couldn't let this holiday go unrecorded.

We were on all inclusive with Thompsons and really couldn't fault much at all. First week was before the kids broke up and suited us better, but it was probably a bit livelier in the second week.

Food was really good and a wide variety, rooms are a little small but perfectly adequate and well-maintained. Location is very central, on the beach and in the town but with no noise at all. Beds could do with being a bit longer and a little softer but that's the extent of any moans.

The quality of service from the staff was absolutely incredible. The management at this hotel clearly understand what customers want, and makes sure they get it. Everyone is really attentive with drinks service by the pool all day, whenever your glass looks empty it gets magically replenished. It seems unfair to single anyone out, but I must mention Servinc who looked after us by the pool during the day, and in the bar during the evening. She has to be one of the most dedicated and hard-working people I've ever met, and really helped make our holiday special. Hope she sees this and uses it as a reference.

Air's fishing-rod spider attack on my wife and son is still making me laugh and using his "WOOW!" catchphrase near my wife is going to amuse me, and annoy her for years.

The paragliders who jump off the mountain behind the hotel and land on the beach are a constant source of entertainment. In fact, I spent so much time watching them, my reading and sleeping suffered a bit.

I recommend taking a walk up the coast road one morning before the sun gets too hot. Some really fab views of the resort and down the coast.

What a nice bunch of people at a great location with superb food. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank Lazy_people
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2010

Without a doubt after looking at the other hotels, this is by far the best (for reasons mentioned in the title). I don’t know why it says 2 hours transfer because it took us 75 minutes and the bus driver was going very slowly. In a family car I think you could get there in under 1 hour! We went as a couple in our mid-twenties between 14th June to 21st June 2010. This hotel could be for anyone from: young couples, old couples, families, people how like to have lots of fun activities in the hotel to people who just want to relax and do nothing.
Although this IS the best hotel in Olu Deniz, without prejudice I would first like to agree with those that said this is NOT a 5 star hotel. Compared to other hotels by Turkish standards I can see why they give it a 5 star, but by English standards I would give this hotel a 4 star.
HOTEL : The hotel was spacious, clean, lots of activities whether it be by the main pool (loud) or adult poor (quiet) and looked very beautiful: pictures cannot be justified, you have to see it for yourself with the nearby mountains, flowers, well kept gardens, overlooking the beach, seeing paragliders swoop above the hotel, EVERYTHING. We stayed in the annex overlooking the adult pool. At first when they said we was staying in the annex, I felt disappointed, but when we arrived there overlooking the adult pool & at the rear overlooking a garden I was no longer disappointed as I though we was in a better location! So don’t feel as though staying in the main hotel is a better experience.
FACILITIES : Overall there was well enough to keep adults & children amused
ENTERTAINMENT : The entertainment staff where fantastic. Air, Tom & especially Aysin (although I believe Aysin has now left Belcekiz) was extremely friendly and chatty. Even though it was their job to speak to guests, it didn’t seem false and they seemed to enjoy themselves. These 3 contributed towards making the holiday even better. I have seen reviews where people say it is very clicky with just returning guest, this is completely untrue. This was the first time we went and because as a couple, we are very sociable & approachable, the whole staff there seemed to like us (where as if you are miserable, unapproachable and boring and no offence, you do find these types of people everywhere you go, then of course they will only have small talk with you). If you did not want to join in with daytime activities they left you alone. The night time entertainment was unprofessionally funny (90% are not dancers or singers) and if they want you to be a main part in show they ask before the show begins.
FOOD & STAFF : Food was absolutely amazing (five star) with so much to choose from with the dining views overlooking the sea and mountains is amazing. The staff where so efficient & friendly whether it be the all the bar staff, dining staff, reception, ALL of them! They do not want you to lift a finger and come around and ask what you would like to drink and bring it to you. A bit of common sense advice: actually give them in their had 1 lira tip here and there instead of putting it in the tip box because they will remember you giving it and will more likely be on the ball with your needs (use common sense as they probably earn pittance). The onsite photographer is a very nice kind man too.
TRIPS : We wanted to spend the whole day at Saklikent to see the Gorge, but no travel company offered the whole day and only solely the Gorge, so we went on there by Bus which was a bit more expensive then the travel companies overall fees. It was so simple to get there. Get the bus from Olu Deniz to Fethiye (which is the last stop depending on where the bus sign states it is going to). Get off at the last stop. Then from Fethiye, get on the bus from the same bus stop to Saklikent & the last stop is at the Gorge itself. The journey took 1 hour and was very simple.
NEGATIVES : With me being extremely picky the only minor negatives I have are as follows. They need to put in the bathroom a light switch operated extractor fan because when having a shower the steam in the air needs to be extracted. Also in the bath they should have a non-slip mat. I have to say, one thing that I did think was ridiculous was in the onsite newsagent shop. They didn’t have a price tag on anything (I expect that outside the hotel so they can rip you off, but I mean in the hotel itself in my opinion is ridiculous). One time we wanted to buy a hat and we asked how much it was and the young guy said “15 lira”, I said “Too much, the hat is not worth 15 lira”, they he said “OK, 10 lira”, to which we still declined. I get the impression, that older and more vunerable people where getting completely ripped off and the young/more confident people (like we are) where paying a cheaper rate for all items. I think even if they are going to sell things more expense than outside, at least put a price tag on it, so they don’t give different prices to different people, I mean it is in the Thomson hotel for god sake!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samb086
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was my 3rd trip to Belcekiz and I said if ever I was to get married again it was in Olu Deniz. I have had such fabulous holidays at Belcekiz and wanted to return. The hotel was once again fabulous and it was great to catch up once again with Air and Memhet, Richie was also great to meet and made our visits to the pool bar very entertaining and welcoming. We once again had a fabulous holiday and our room was great pleaty of room for us as bride and groom. I loved the new area where the food was served and once again they did not disappoint us. We were a party of 10 and could mostly accomodate us, I think it was only one evening they could not.

Our wedding arranged by Thomsons was fabulous and the wedding co-ordinator was alway accomodating once we arrive. Our only problem we had was with the wedding team in the UK when we were trying to organise things before we went away. The area where you get married is great and we could not have wished for anything better. Once we were married we were dropped back to the Belceciz but decided to eat at the Buzz Bar which was fabulous overlooking the sea and watching the Sun Set (very reasonable as well). Although we knew we could not be faulted by the food at the Belcekiz we felt the cost were a little too high for residents and non residents. This should be looked into before you arrange your wedding arrangement.

I would dearly love to return next year but unsure with the costs and wondering if we should leave it a year to enable us to save. The staff are great and I can never fault the treatment you receive and can understand the costs but presently with the ecomonic situation think this should be taken into account.

Buzz Bar and Harry's Bar are highly recommended as is the Sultan restuarant for Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank hutters67
Scotland
Reviewed 21 July 2010

Returned from this hotel last week from our first visit to Turkey. We didn't know what to expect but had been told numerous horror stories about Turkey but glad to say this place is out of this world. What a hidden gem this hotel is - Thomson's Brochure doesn't do it justice.
Transfer from the Dalaman Airport took approximately 50 minutes, this was well organised and we didn't have long to sit and wait before departure. We were transferred in a mini-bus with only 5 other people, we were the only 2 going to stay in Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel.

Arrived at Hotel and a porter immediately appeared to take our lugguage off the mini-bus. Check-In was very smooth and quick, the porter then took us to our room and demonstrated how everything operated.

The room we were allocated was situated on the ground floor (as per our request) near to Cafe Patio (where you could obtain your Pool Towels and change as required during your stay) and overlooked the garden area not far from the main pool area. The room was nicely decorated with plenty of staorage space for clothes, toiletries for two females who always take far too much stuff with them!!

All the hotel staff work exceptionally hard, special mention to Mehmet and Berry in the restaurant and al-la-carte restaurant, Richie in the Pool Bar and Gem and Borek in the Plaza Bar who truly made our holiday - they are all so funny.

The Entertainment Team were brilliant and special mention to 'Air' whose Crazy Water Gym most afternoons is an absoloute scream. The Club Dance is excellant fun and you cannot fail to want to take part - most fun in the pool before lunchtime - watch out for two of the pool bar staff on the roof!

The food was fantastic in the main restaurant at every meal but especially the Curry Night on a Wednesday and the Roast Night on a Sunday - the yorkshire puddings are better than at home. We made one visit to the a-la-carte restaurant and sampled the 'Indian Set Menu' - wonderful and only £8.00 per person extra. Although we didn't sample the Thai or Intalian a-la-carte restaurants on this occassion we will when we return to this hotel.

The maids work very hard and bed linen is changed most days and towels every day unless you are happy to re-use.

The Turkish Bath in the Spa part of the hotel is a fantastic experience and well worth the additional cost, we only wish we had gone more than once during our 2 week stay.

The photographers who are part of the hotel are very friendly and the photographs are well priced if you wish to purchase them but you are not put under any pressure to do this.

Overall this hotel is truly deserving of the 5 stars that it currently has and it cannot be praised highly enough - the staff are truly amazing!!!

Looking forward to our next visit - WOW! WOW!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends