“Ignore the moaners”

Montebello Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #53 of 102 Hotels in Oludeniz
“Ignore the moaners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel is great. The last bad comment is rubbish- you get what you pay for here and all the staff are great. The last review is from someone who did not like the hotel the moment they walked in. Best two weeks I've had since last year when here. This is a hotel where guests visit time after time and we all come back because of the staff knowing the rooms are basic- give it a try you will live it if you are looking for a base.

2 Thank KezzraP

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

I booked this alleged 4 star hotel due to this site... DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!!!!! it is dreadful, the room was like a dungeon, the safe was not fitted to the wall, so no point in using the safe anyway, as anyone could just walk off with it. The beds are like laying on concrete. VERY UNHYGIENIC , flies all over the food, no protection, great if you want dysentery!!! Olives and flies were on the menu for breakfast, hence why I packed my bags and found a very nice hotel just up the road. The manager only understands English until money is mentioned , then it,s " NO COMPRENDE " He came very close to getting a beating from me due to the way I was treated, but then Jail was not an option for me, so for now take note of this comment and pass this place by, If the public praise this place, then it,s because they must have stayed in some very nasty places in the past.. I would not even rate this with any stars.....It,s a **** hole!!!!!! and should be closed down ASAP.

Room Tip: The Karbel hotel, or Hotel Alize, olu deniz, Very good value. .And NO flies on the food!!!
2 Thank Ray152
guildford
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

My first time at Montebello and I will stay again I was staying at Montebello alone as my friends were booked at other hotels but I was made to feel so welcome here the reception couldnt do enough for me and always had a cheerful smile,
I only ate breakfast here but the breakfast was plentiful,fresh and tasty.
Pool and bar area are clean and well kept,
My room was cleaned daily along with fresh towels
Montebello beach is close to the beach and dolmus just stand on the corner and the bus will pick you up !
I will stay here again and reccomend to my friends

Rugby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I just returned from Olu Deniz and stayed at the Montebello Beach Hotel. The reception staff were very friendly and welcoming. Mehmet and Sakran (not sure if I've spelt his name correctly) were the nicest men I met whilst staying in Olu Deniz.
Despite travelling as 2, 30 yr old single ladies, I was wary, having read about the men being very letchy, but I didnt experience any of this. The men were charming & were good at teasing you, but never took it too far.
Bedroom was basic, but very clean - far better than what I was expecting. The free air con was brilliant (we couldnt of coped without this) & the fridge. We stayed B&B basis, breakfast was plentiful, fresh fruit and yoghurts. We had an evening meal in The Grove on our last night, but didnt enjoy it as much as all the other restaurants in Olu Deniz.
Would highly recommend Olu Deniz for a relaxed holiday and the Montebello Beach Hotel.

Room Tip: Asked for a room, on the 2nd floor and got 3rd floor, but we were very happy with this. You do get n...
1 Thank Aimee M
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

Breakfast very poor, no cold milk no selection of cornflakes and tea and coffee like a washing up liquid! Only Night time receptionist his very good all the other staff Un respectful and no helpful at all rooms are clean and average size , lunch time food is good . I wanted to speak to my rep on the phone locally I only speak for 25 second I got charged 5tlira in English nearly £2 plus swimming pool is dirty because the other day the guy was mopping the floor with the swimming pool water he was dipping in to the pool and he was mopping the floor with it that's all !!! That's all mr and mrs isik we are from England Romford Essex thanks ........

Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Just stayed 2weeks, my friend booked this so, I had no idea what we were coming to! I have travelled extensively in Turkey over a period of over 25 years, so it fair to say I have seen my share of the brilliant, the not so brilliant and the grim !
We arrived quite late at night which is always the worst time and to be fair the rooms were not as book, we had booked 2 twin rooms and were given two doubles, as we 4 friends travelling it was wholly inappropriate. They moved us to great rooms immediately. The rooms were clean and spacious, typical Turkish basic but absolutely fit for purpose. The hotel itself is charming, the food probably the best in olu deniz! And atmosphere is chilled and relaxed, they don't have entertainment or pester you to do pool games, it's just a very chilled grown up hotel, having spoken to many repeat guests we all hope it long continues to remain the same. The staff are wonderful, Memhet at reception, smiling and helpful everyday, ' John Travolta' who runs the bar area, smiling happy and attentive without being over the top! Everyone else who works there the same applies they re fabulous.
I would defiantly go back and I'm actually looking for flights as I write this ! Olu Deniz has changed over the years, this little charming hotel still has the Turkish spirit, please keep it that way !

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank queenpj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one week in July 2013 and it was great. The hotel rooms were very clean and we got fresh towels everyday. It was a little bit noisey at night with people drinking at the pool bar but when the air conditioning is on you can't hear them. The restaurant is nice but there is much more and better just a short stroll away.