“Friendly hotel”

Ranked #49 of 103 Hotels in Oludeniz
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Friendly hotel”
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed at the Montebello this year for the second time. We find it a friendly reasonably priced hotel where the staff are very helpful and welcoming. The restaurant is excellent with an extensive menu. Although the rooms are basic they have everything which you need, after all it's only used for sleeping as you are on holiday!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when booking as with all hotels some tend to be noisier especially the ones ove...
1 Thank Lynne M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I have just returned from a two week stay at the montebello beach hotel and I will say that you get what you pay for. The rooms were cleaned daily (which included fresh towels) and the free air con was definitely a relief after hot days out and about. The staff were friendly for the most part however there were a few problems with extra drinks being added onto bills now and then, so always check it before you sign it.
The attaching restaurant I personally thought was very nice and reasonably prices, one of the better meals I had in Oludeniz.
The exchange rate at the hotel was also quite reasonable.
All in all, I had a lovely holiday in the gorgeous Oludeniz and this hotel made a nice little base. If you decide to stay at the montebello beach then just remember you get what you pay for and you aren't going to find a 5* luxury hotel. However, you will find a nice little hotel, with friendly members of staff, an extremely adorable cat, and a turtle which likes to make an appearance now and then XD

Room Tip: Rooms over the pool are nice, and get sunlight throughout the entire day.
1 Thank Georgia K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We have just returned from a fantastic holiday at the Montebello Beach.fantastic staff who could not do enough to make out holiday go smoothly,the cleaners were busy every day our rooms were spotless!! the staff friendly,the bar and luchtime snacks excellent and great value,we meet families who come back year after year and I can see why,location was fantastic two minutes to the beach and shops but far enough away not to interfere if you wanted peace and quite,we ate several evenings in the Olive Grove the food was amazing ! and staff really friendly!!and fantastic value. WIth two OAP;s two teenagers a 10 year old and ourselves this hotel and location ticked all the boxes and was great value for money! we will definately be booking for next year!!Thank you to all the STAFF who were so friendly and helpful and can't wait to get back A.S.A.P.!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank steve e
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I have stayed here for the past 3 years, twice a year, both with family and on my own. I've always booked through Thomson and Thomas cook and did the same this August.
Needless to say I had no worries as I know the staff and am quite a confident traveller.
Arrived and greeted well, then as soon as the holiday rep had left I was told the hotel was fully booked and I would have to stay elsewhere. I couldn't believe it! Apparently they had taken extra bookings that day and it 'wasn't their problem'.
Reception found me a room at the Belchan and I was so tired I walked there to book in. On arrival I was told that I could only stay one night as they were fully booked. I would have to find somewhere else the following morning! Single woman hissy fit ensued!! Receptionist at the Belchan was mortified and I did feel sorry for him in the morning.
Following morning I marched back to Montebello to take the matter up with Mehmet. He tried to be
helpful and I waited 2 hours for a room. He asked me if I wanted my usual (nice) room and then promptly put me in the dingy room below the pool (no view and balcony full of pool equipment).
I can honestly say it was the worst holiday experience to date and no holiday rep available to help.

MAKE SURE YOUR HOLIDY REP STAYS WITH YOU WHILE BOOKING IN. THE MANAGER CANNOT BE TRUSTED TO FULFILL YOUR RESERVATION.

Room Tip: You don't get a choice at this hotel. Be aware!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Mandy S
orpington
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I have been Turkey now 5 times I love the place but this Hotel I would not go back to we arrived at 6am and could not get in our room until 1pm also people saying get a grip well that ok for you but if you have children and are right next to the bar well maybe then you should have changed rooms, our room had ants in the bathroom, the montebello resort is excellent that has been rebuild, this one now needs updating, also the photos of the montebello are showing the old photos of the hotel that does no longer exist. But yes Turkey Oludenise is a lovely place and Hissoroni get the but up the town in the evenings and its a bit cooler, Also just to mention we ate in the hotel and when we did we all came down with sickess and there was a lot of others that we found out ill as well so maybe not so clean in the kitchen but you live and learn

Room Tip: Make sure you check your room have a good look before booking
1 Thank mandyOrpington
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

Just came back from spending a week at this hotel. Rooms are basic but clean, staff work extremely hard and are very friendly. Hotel is ideally located near the beach and strip. People on here moaning about the noise from the bar, get a grip! Could barely hear anything and our room was facing the bar. You get what you pay for at this hotel so if you want 5* then pay for 5*! It was our first time in Turkey and we were a little nervous not knowing what to expect but it was great and we are definitely coming back to this hotel next year! The food was nice and reasonably priced as were the drinks at the bar. I've stayed in 5* hotels in Spain but the service here was top notch and the staff even recognised you and remembered your names. Thank you to all of the wonderful staff at Montebello beach hotel! See you next year!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank kerry89170
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

You get what you pay for. But like many reviews before me if you are after an IDEAL location for beautiful olu deniz and a clean hotel with very friendly staff then this is the place for you (on a budget too!). All staff are very friendly I couldn't believe it- all Turkish are in fact.

I'd say great for families and couples. I stayed here for a week with my boyfriend and we didn't have one day at the pool. It is too claustrophobic and you would need to be up 8am at least to get a towel on the bed. Some morning I just laughed to myself... Plus I'm not a fan of screaming children in the pool and being bang next to a stranger.

We went to the beach everyday and paid 18 TL for two sunbeds and a parasol which is about £6. The beach is two min walk down the street.

It is a shame that we couldn't enjoy the pool and lounge facility while we were here as I love spending time in the hotel, but it is a small hotel so what do you expect!!!

Commenting on the noise- people are just being overly fussy, the bar does play music and if you shut you balcony door and your air con is on its fine.

Rooms are basic, firm bed and very clean. Shower is strong. No iron or kettle facility. You have a nice cold fridge, which id recommend stocking with water like we did.

Olu deniz as a place is amazing. I'm 22, my boyfriend 25 and it ticked all our boxes. We used the hotel to sleep and shower basically...so many lovely restaurants and bars to choose from and so many little shops.

On our walk around olu deniz if you are looking for more from a hotel the Karbel looked lovely, not the Karbel beach or Karbel sun!! Or a liberty hotel. Also the belcehan.

• Stayed August 2013