Orka Sunlife Hotel
Monta Verde Hotel & Villas(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
US$26
US$25
US$97
  • Breakfast included
The Pine Hill Hotel & Suites(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Gokcen Hotel & Apartments(Ovacik)(Great Value!)
US$32
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Tonoz Beach Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
US$56
US$53
US$138
US$124
Ocean Blue High Class Hotel(Oludeniz)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$96
US$124
Orbitz.com
1,662 results
All reviewsuranus blockgalaxy barorka sun lifeslow liftwater slidesthomas cookturkeyresort and spaside sea viewturkish bathnext yearbar staffanimation teammilky wayhour bardvd playerstorage space
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We went as a family of 10 and took our 11 month old baby, the journey from the airport was not bad at all, once we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff who answered our every question with the answers we needed! We were positioned higher up in the rooms but was not a problem as there was a lift and if it was busy a staff member would always help!
The food was devine, 5 stars and catered for everyones needs, pool and water slides were amazing,daytime and evening entertainment was superb! bar staff so friendly and made us so welcome and they loved to care for our son! All in all 10 out of 10 and would highly recommend! A must try place and we all miss it!!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mcforlife
OrkaSunlifeResort, Front Office Manager at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay and we look forward to welcoming you again soon…

Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

Firstly, this hotel is nearer to Hisaronu than Oludeniz. It is however in walking distance to both. We stayed in a double room with side sea view and it was fine for us. Very modern but already after
Only 7 weeks of being open is starting to show signs of wear and tear - chips and dents out the furniture, scuffs and scrapes on the walls etc. I'd hate to see this place after its first full summer season.

Its plain to see this has been a rush to open on time, simple things like skirting boards haven't been cut long enough to meet so the gap has been filled with silicone, the electric light switches indicating if you want your room cleaned/not to be disturbed not working.

Having said that, the room was fine for us (2 adults) although on the small side. There was nowhere to store the 2 cases so one lay on the floor all week. There bed was comfy and the showers were hot and powerful. Air con worked well once we figured it out. Only big thing for me was there wasn't black out blinds, just normal Venetian blinds which weren't that good.

Rooms were cleaned daily but not until about 4pm onwards which I found a bit annoying.

The pool area is lovely and there were enough loungers for everyone although I can see it not being enough in busy summer months. The slides were great fun and a good way to cool down. Only down side is that music blares out from 10am - 5pm and it's mostly all dance/pop music so not much chance of relaxing.

WiFi all around hotel was free and worked better than mines at home!!!

The food was nice, no upset tummys or anything. Although breakfast was a bit boring and not much choice. Also we had to wait for a table one night as they were so busy. The waiters do try hard but still seem to be learning.

The entertainment is dire. I really can't say more than that because it was just utter rubbish.

The cable car elevator to the upper blocks repeatedly broke down during our stay. Didn't bother us as we're young and relatively fit and apart from that, it moved so slow you'd be quicker to walk. I really think elderly/infirm people should rethink their choice. Even the hill from the hotel out to the main road is really steep and uneven.

The General Manager of the hotel was always visible and happy to chat and find out your opinions, something you very rarely see! All staff apart from one grumpy guy at the milky way bar were pleasant, chatty and helpful.

There's not much around the hotel, a 15 minute uphill walk takes you to Hisaronu and a 20 minute downhill walk takes you to Oludeniz. The hotel is only surrounded by others hotels so is quite secluded.

If you book with Thomas Cook, don't waste your time with the morning meeting. Rep goes on and on for an hour and tries to sell you trips that you can get half the price from tour operators outside the hotel - look for Pioneer Tours, they were brilliant.

All in all it was a nice week but the hotel has opened to quickly and some of the shoddy workmanship proves that. Once they get the teething problems ironed out it has potential but I doubt I'd return to Orka Sunlife.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank debbiemcn85
OrkaSunlifeResort, Guest Relations at Orka Sunlife Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2015

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you for your comments about your stay with us. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we have been took the necessary actions. We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2013

A few words about my stay at the hotel:
1. Cousine is really good. Many meats and sweets, I had to stop myself from overeating evry time. One exclusion - for me, as for Russian person, soups were poor, but this is ruther a European stile - we eat soup often, europeans do not.
2. I was trying to find the hotel near mountains, becose of the fresh air, and I wanted some pines as my son has an asthma. The place was suitable, a mix of mountain and sea air caused not damp, but soft climate.
3.The personnel a reception is quite attentive and polite, same it is possible to tell about bartenders and waiters. However cleaning of number was not so regular. Probably, it depended on, whether I left tip. Two times in a week when I forgot to put some coins on my bed, they didn't clean the room. Probably, this was coincidence, and the personnel simply could not to clean all rooms.They also didn't change slices of soap and shampoos. For experiment I held on 5 days, without demanding replacement of the used soap and shampoo. For the fifth day I gave up, restrained the pride and asked to replace soap. Thank God, they didn't refuse it :) .
4.I took the room a superior for myself and my the nine-year-old son. The room was quite big. No, it was REAL - BIG! However, in spite of the fact that in the demand the adult and the child of 9 years were specified, to us provided the room with one double bed. There was a folding chair which I was compelled to use to sleep separately from the son. However it after all not the same that two full-fledged beds. Also in the room wasn't bathing - only a shower that, in my opinion, somehow there doesn't correspond to concept a superior.
5.It is very quite good hotel for those who prefers to remain mainly in the territory all the time of the vacations. With elevators I didn't see big problems. Them several times debugged, but it occurred very quickly and didn't disturb movement. Animators in the afternoon and in the evening quite diligent entertained tourists, they, in my opinion, not bad speak English. In Russian almost don't speak, but the hotel is now focused generally on English-speaking visitors. Food - almost round the clock. Sauna of nine mornings to seven o'clock in the evening. In the same period works small (after all very small) a training hall - if active athletes is more than 10 people, the hall "will choke".
6.For those who wants to swim daily in the sea, there is a small unpleasant surprise. The hotel announces a shuttle delivering tourists to a city beach. However it not exectly so. Shatl delivers to Nicolas beach . There it is quite beautiful, but it is absolutely impossible to take place free of charge. One place there costs 7.5 Turkish liras. Thus is forbidden to take drinks and food there. That is you will have to buy all this quite expensively at restaurant on a beach. The most ridiculous that the shuttle goes by a city beach, however the driver refuses flatly to land tourists there. So, to reach really free city beach, you need to send far away a hotel shuttle, to take a small backpack and the crying sweating child to go uphill about 120 meters (VERY COOL SLOPE! ) further to go down too on a cool slope about 150 meters and at a bus stop to take the city bus for 2.75 Turkish liras. Only this way you will be able to reach a city beach where it is possible to enjoy free of charge the sea, and, besides, to observe soaring in air and landing of the parachutists who are fearlessly jumping from the mountain Babadag (by the way, I and my nine-year-old son jumped, it was super. Though, having the instructor behind the back, I couldn't get off thought that I am any dumb freight, dangling as sausage, in air, and at all without operating a paraplane). The summary - to reach a city beach to you, despite hotel assurances, it is necessary independently.
So, hotel now approximately on 4 stars, for those who wants to spend time in its territory all term of stay. Yes, waterslides - excellent, children delighted. However, it is better there after all to look after children - for this purpose I didn't notice the separate personnel. The hotel is suitable for elderly people as it seems to me. There excellent climate, large rooms and sympathetic personnel.
For me the shuttle which isn't lucky on a city beach was the only essential minus. "Physical culture" with cool slopes to buses was probably useful, but sometimes - not so pleasant even for me.
Oxana Sokolova, MD, and my son.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 253_298484253

Dear Guest,

First of all, please accept our apologies for the late reply. Thank you very much for your kind comments about your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed so many of our services and facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 15 June 2013

i'll try and keep it brief..... Just got back from 2 weeks her with wife and 2 twin boys of 7 year old. Like most people i was glued to facebook and trip adviser beforehand and was a bit apprehensive.... I needn't be, it was fantastic! firstly, the rooms are quite small which is why we upgraded as soon as we got there... a girl called Selcen dealt with it, her English is excellent and nothing was too much trouble. she was a diamond.paid a bit extra for suite but the price is negotiable. but the bigger room with jacuzzi and massive balcony made it. Plenty of hot water with good pressure, good tv,dvd,beds,safe etc.maid was good too.The food is top notch, plenty quality meats ,salads desserts etc. i never heard one moan bout food.... which is rare.drinks are of very good quality and variety. Everywhere is of high standard ,pools,bars etc. kids club was a bit of a let down at first but improving all the time. entertainment staff work hard and do a good job, i felt the programme needs tweaking a little bit after meal time to keep it alive. the outside acts are improving all the time .They had an outside laser lights and disco show one night and it was fantastic... bit like ibiza but for families!!! Staff a little quiet at first but as they get to know are wonderful.... if you show you can have a laugh they are the same!the place is spotlessly clean. Kylie the rep is great, any help needed, she sorts it and follows it up.My only little gripe was i felt the resteraunt needs managing at busy times. too many people and no one directing the pace. waiters a little pushed to clear tables, get drinks talk to guests etc. if you eat before 8pm thats the secret! Lets be honest we haven't paid over the top to be at a top place..... yeah there are a couple of very minor issues but they do their best to make it better.80% of the hotel is British guests..... i think this definitely produces a nice welcoming atmosphere. met some lovely people.We always make the most of a holiday. i'm never shy to complain either though if something is not right,but on the whole its bang on!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank craig29805

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We have just returned home from 11 nights here, we went on the 28th May so virtually a month to the day from when the hotel opened. Its a great hotel with great facilities & great entertainment staff too - Burak and Erhan are fantastic guy's and really do a top job, hats off to them!! Erhan will entertain you in the day with darts, pool games, water polo etc and Burak is a cheeky chappy that will entertain you at the kids disco and in to the night after the kids disco.

There will also be shows from Turkish dancers etc throughout your stay. All very good and the ampitheatre is a nice setting. If you are a night owl then there is also Nebula which is the nightclub and during our stay opened between 12-2pm, but this may change and open slightly earlier in the future. In my opinion it could have done with opening around 22:00/23:00hrs. It is a small disco/club but didn't need to be any bigger as it never got full, however it is a great place to end the night and mingle with others.

The Rooms: We were put in the wrong room for our first night but the next day this was rectified and we had a lovely room (1403) for the remainder of our stay. The rooms aren't huge but ours had ample room for two of us and had a lovely view of the pool and sea. We were also roomed next to our friends as requested. The reservations manager (Serkan) couldn't have been more helpful and was very apologetic regarding the inconvenience on the first night. There was only a shower in our room but this suited us as I think it does most, there is a overhead power shower and a handheld shower if needed. The water was as hot as you wanted too, which isn't always the case on holiday.

The food here is an all inclusive buffet style and is superb. The dining area can be a bit hectic at an evening, getting tables cleared and other guests seated at clean tables can take time, but this just seems due to staff still getting used to operations. The main thing is the food and this couldn't faulted. There is also the option of the A la carte (Italian and Turkish) which is also nice for a change. However there is a 12 euro surcharge for this which isn't too bad.

The drinks are limited on the all inclusive menu and I can understand why this would be, but I think with the current ingreidients used for the few cocktails current listed on the menu, the same ingredients could be used to create some more cocktail options. After a week of being here the choices got a bit boring. There is Efes on tap which is a nice beer so all good for a few beers throughout the day. The bar staff are in general very good however, and will help you come up with other options. We tried Almond and Cherry Liquer with diet coke and it became a winner. You need to watch out for other things such as Baileys which isn't listed on the menu but us available as a home brand.

I have to mention Hattice in the Lobby Bar, she works really hard to ensure that guests always have a drink in hand and does so with a smile on her face, lovely lady!!

All in all there will be things that people could point out at being an issue at the hotel, but mostly these will be small things that are common with the opening months of any large business. This is a great hotel just finding its feet and I think you will all hav a fab time when you visit. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and that say's it all.

We have stayed at Club Belcekiz Beach Hotel in the past which gets good reviews. However at Orka Sunlife the facilities are much more modern and the place has a friendly vibe to it. Orka Sunlife is up on the hill as opposed to on the beach, but beacuse of this you get a great view. The food is also great and in a few more months I think the service will get a lot better too. So overall I think this will become one of the best hotels in Olu Deniz\Hisaronu.

For now our time is over, but we would definitely go back and had a fantastic time!! :o)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple